stop opening a blank workbook at start up

how do I stop excel from opening a new workbook everytime I start up the
application.
0
km4952 (20)

Ad a shortcut to the Excel.Exe file and append the properties of the
shortcut with /e

Shotcut will look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e

"km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I stop excel from opening a new workbook everytime I start up the
> application.

Blank E-Mails
Some of my users are complaining that e-mails sent or received are blank, I have tried the SP3 patch, changing text formats. Even some random command line. regsvr32 - inetcomm.dll. The cause of this blank e-mail fettish is unknown and doing my head in. We have restarted the SBS a number of occasions and all seems to be going fine until I hear those lovely word, "My e-mails are blank AGAIN" Ahhhh! Can someone, ANYONE help with this, The problem as far as I can see is common and microsoft seem to know nothing about it. Please write to my e-mail address or post here if you k...

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...

Can't open my money file #2
Good evening, From today i can't open my money file, i had formatted my pc and i reinstalled money as usual. Today when i open my money file after typing the correct password the program show a screen where it say "Money has detected that you did not close file xxx before exiting Money now needs to verify the information in your file. .... Do you want do this now?" I click yes and it say "The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again" But i dont put nowhere any email address this is an old money file converted to new money 2008 un year ago i never ...

Chart Stopped Updating
Hi I have a number of DDE links that I use to increment Rows D to I every second, providing me with a method of data logging my DDE Links. I find that my chart works fine up to about 247 rows then stops updating. I have just upgraded from 2003 to 2007 version of Excel. Any ideas. Thanks Alec when you saved into 2007, you keep the old file format or use the new format? if using new, pls make sure you are using xlsm. if you are using the compatibility mode, please check make to make sure you click the security setting to low. "Alectrical" wrote: > Hi ...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

difficulty opening e-mail attachments
I am unable to open attachments sent to me in my e-mail. Outlook Express indicates the attachments are "unsafe"and prevents me from opening them. Many of these attachments are sent to me by friends and I am sure there are no viruses associated with them. I have been unable to find out how to change any of the security settings within O.E. Does anyone out there have any advice? Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Int...

How can i stop Outlook from re-retrieving messages on the server?
Outlook all of the sudden, is recieving thousands of old emails that I have already read. It does this now whenever I open the program and will only get old emails, never quite making it to the newest ones, of course, the ones that I need! Pop account? Did you select the option to keep a copy on the server? and is that needed? If so, and pop account, log on to web mail, create a new folder, move all your old msgs to the new folder "Tdragonman" <Tdragonman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E43FC66-F4A3-4758-99DC-A15E40B17FD7@microsoft.com... &g...

Exchange2003 Service Account Permission Stops Working After Exch2007 Install
We have Exchange 2003sp2 installed on Windows 2003sp1 and an account that is part of the Domain Admins group was granted service account permission that has been working well for over 3 years now. We installed Exchange2007 on a seperate server on the domain and the Service Account permission that has been working in Exchange2003 stopped working. I assume this happened as a result of the schema changes that Exch2007 install did on our Active directory. When I looked at the properties > Security settings of the server from System Manager the user with the service account rights still...

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

Excel wont start ?
I have Office 2000 installed. However, Excel 2000 has just stopped working. I can load word 2000, powerpoint etc ok. When i try to start excel i get the splash screen for half a second, then a windows error dong. I have noticed in control panel that on my SCSI and RAID controllers that the Adaptec 2000S Ultra160 SCSI RAID Controller has a yellow exclamation next to it. The only reason i mention this is because on this SCSI controller it mentions 'Digital Signer' as being MS Windows XP Publisher', and i wondered if it was this which was preventing Excel from working. Should i do a...

Excel and open office
I have made an excel file and protected sheets in it and even hidden some of the worksheets with macros. But when i open the xls file in Open Office (linux) It shows all the worksheets and there is no protection. I dont want to display the hidden sheets in any OS(or Package). any work arounds? Kindly help Hi Priya, workaround: Don't use Open Office or pretend it doesn't exist. Open Office is a different software program, it can read Excel files but it is not Excel. It's great for recovery of Excel files. Possibly features of exposing data while helpful in some areas a...

Best book to start Excel Visual Basic?
Hi guys, I am pretty good at using Excel formulas, but I never programmed or used macro and would like to start. I wonder if you might suggest a book deemed to be the best. thanks in advance VBA For Dummies by John Walkenbach. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Domanda" <Dom@anda.net> wrote in message news:bjovg5phv6n1gqppd6vh83jjs92utnsbdl@4ax.com... > Hi guys, > > I am pretty good at using Excel formulas, but I never programmed or > used macro and would like to start. I wonder if ...

Outlook has stopped responding
and needs to be shutdown. This is occurring when the user attempts to reply or forward a message. Ive sent the error report to msft, who said update patches, which I did. Still no good. Also tried (prior) uninstalling and reinstalling Office XP) So you've run all the updates and rebooted - & still have the problem. Try emptying the deleted items folder. Next, archive old messages to reduce the size of the .pst file. Finally, if neither resolves the problem, check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q272227&ID=KB;EN-US;Q272227 to repair the .pst file...

Money 2005 Bug: Portfolio toolbar button loads blank page titled Portfolio Manager
Problem Description: Clicking on the Portfolio toolbar button loads a blank page that's titled Portfolio Manager. That's it! I can't see any of my open positions, etc... using this toolbar button. Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Dell Computer Corporation, Dimension 8200 Processor model and speed: I586IV, 1994 MHz Memory (RAM): 523.276 MB The only input I can offer is that I have the same problem on one computer, but it works fine on the other. I converted from 2004 Delu...

PUB file crashes Publisher on open
I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried some recovery programs and they crashed. Is it a lost cause? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx <dmahlitz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161174335.508250.183640@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried > some rec...

Why The DB Must Be Open????
Hi, when i run that pro and the DB close I get Error: 2075 "this operation requires an open database" when i open the data base is work. The code: Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim cn As ADODB.Connection Dim sPath As String Set cn = New ADODB.Connection cn.Open "DSN=TEST1" sPath = "D:\ImportCurrencyRate.xls" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Temp_Rates", sPath, True End thanks. > Why The DB Must Be Open? > when i run that pro and the DB close I get Error: 2075 > "this operation requires an open database&quo...

Excel: Open Recent Files

Using <Ctrl>-Click to open files
When using <Ctrl>-Click to open multiple files from the File/Open dialog in Excel 2003, only the first file will appear on the taskbar. A combo-box type Taskbar selector for multiple Excel files does *not* appear. Also, only the first file appears on the <Alt>-<Tab> menu. However, all files appear in the Excel Window menu. The problem also occurs when using <Ctrl>-Click/Right- Click/Open to open multiple files from Windows Explorer or My Computer. The problem does not occur when opening the files individually. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? Thanks! ...

Messages Forwarded as Attachments Appear Blank
Hello, I am running an Exchange 2003 Org, with mixed Outlook XP/2003 clients, all on the latest service packs. I have one client (our CEO) that when he receives forwarded email from outside the organization, the forwarded message shows up as an attachment, but when he opens the attachment, it is displayed as a blank email (no to, from, cc, subject, body, or anything). I have checked the AV logs on every "AV for Email" gateway from the source to the destination, and I don't see anything getting stripped from the message. I have also checked all the AV servers, and made sure...

Getting Reminders when Outlook is not started
I love the remnder feature of Outlook, but If Outlook isn't started, then I never see my reminders. Is there a way, or utility that will allow my reminders to pop up even if Outlook has not started? Thanks in advanced! Chaz Xaos <chazperx@yahoo.com> wrote: > I love the remnder feature of Outlook, but If Outlook isn't started, > then I never see my reminders. Is there a way, or utility that will > allow my reminders to pop up even if Outlook has not started? I don't know of any program that will perform is job when it's not running, do you? -- Brian Tillm...

Copying from one workbook to another, without taking the name of the 1st workbook with it.
I am trying to copy from one workbook to another and when I paste the copied sheet into the new workbook, the cells refer to the name of the first workbook and I want to take that out before I paste into the new workbook. Anyone know how to get around this? Hi! If you are copying a whole sheet from one workbook to another, use th copy sheet dialogue box. (Edit>Move or copy sheet..) Remember to check Create a copy and select the workbook to copy to fro the upper dropdown box. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jenny You can do this Select all cells Use replace ...

New workbook/sheet defaults
I'm using Excel 2003 and have put two files Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt in the startup folder whose path is specified in: Tools|Options|General|At startup open all files in: Sheet.xlt works fine for adding new sheets and Book.xlt works fine for new workbooks created by clicking the New icon on the Standard toolbar, but not if I create it using File|New then select Blank Workbook from the New Workbook task pane or if I click Templates|On My Computer then select Workbook. How do I have these actions use the Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt files that I've created for the purpose? JF. I would p...

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

Macro to Protect workbook using a password #2
I know this would be a little unorthodox, but I currently have a macro that will unprotect a workbook including a password. The line is as follows: ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect (password) I also want a macro that will do just the opposite, including the password. Is this possible? I've tried the following with no luck. ActiveWorkbook.Protect (password), Structure:=True, Windows:=True You got two replies when to your identical post on Tuesday. If they weren't suitable, please explain why not. If you didn't see them, you can always see your posts and any replies using the Go...

budget won't open in Money 2004
Hi there, I have Money 2004 (oem) on my computer here at work. I've opened my money file that I created at home using Money 2003. The file opens okay (it seems to go through the conversation function just fine), but I cannot access the budget. I can check out everything else: account list, bills, cash flow, etc. But when I click on "Budget" absolutely nothing happens. Can you open the budget if you create a new file? I'm guessing you can. Why you may want to try is to create a new budget on your home file and with that as the active budget, try to convert that file o...