stop macro recording button missing

Hi
When I record a macro the stop recording toolbar is not
displayed. How do I get it to display?
TIA
Ray
0
anonymous (74722)

ray,

View/Toolbars
Select "Stop Recording"

John

ray wrote:

> Hi
> When I record a macro the stop recording toolbar is not
> displayed. How do I get it to display?
> TIA
> Ray

0
jwilson (359)
11/4/2003 7:31:14 PM
You might have to do that while recording a macro..

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"John Wilson" <jwilson@optonline.net> wrote in message
> ray,
>
> View/Toolbars
> Select "Stop Recording"
>
> John
>
> ray wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > When I record a macro the stop recording toolbar is not
> > displayed. How do I get it to display?
> > TIA
> > Ray

0
terre08 (1112)

Update Record Performance
I currently have C++ code that processes a raw data file containing multiple types of records. The code creates records in multiple tables in an Access database depending on the record type. The records are created one at a time as the data is read. I don't think this is very efficient. But I can't change this part of the processing. There are hunderes of thousands of records in raw data and the tables. I now need to update fields in created records from data contained in other tables in the database. The options I've come up with are: 1. In the C++ code, read t...

Macro Question Again
I'v never had any dealings w/ macro before, so this is all new to me. I have a windows 98 computer that is running office 2000 and there is an excel macro on this pc that was created by someone years ago. I have to get this 98 machine of the network and replace it w/ a 2000/XP platform also running either office 2000/xp. So far i'v copied the macro and am able to run it, but its not gathering the correct info. It is collecting the correct info on the 98 machine, just not the one im replacing it w/. It looks like some of the fields are supposed to be populated w/ info in a text d...

Macro looping?
How do I code a macro so that it loops until it goes through all of the information on the excel file? This way I do not have to rewrite the same code for 20 lines one day and then 30 lines the next day. sub loopit() lastrow=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row for i= 1 to lastrow cells(i,1)=?? next i end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "klh84" <klh84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2B2C07-1D80-4D28-9D05-4BA024BF8669@microsoft.com... > How do I code a macro so that it loops...

Missing Title Bar
I don't know what I did. Now the title bar of my document is missing, and the document is in a fixed position below my toolbar. I cannot minimize or expand my document. Please help. Thanks in advance, you rock! Sounds to me like you maximized the spreadsheet. If this is the case look in the upper left corner of excel. You should see a Min, Norma and Max buttons for excel. Below these, you should see another set o Min, Normal and Max buttons which is for the spreadsheet. Click th middle one (normal) to return to the original way of viewing. -- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

Unique records in Pivot Tables
Excel 2000 I have data that stores Client Invitation to Tender and Supplier Contract details. Each Client ITT is uniquely identified. However we send out the same ITT to many suppliers so each request for service is given the same identifier, eg Reference Client/Supplier Contract Name Value Status AC/001 Client blah 4,000 pend AC/002 Client blah2 5,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend When I create my table by Client to get the total value pending ...

Records will not open
I am experiencing a problem with certain records within CRM that will not open. The system will try and try to open the record (pinging out two processors) until it finally times out. This is only with certain records but not others... Any suggestions? We experienced a similar problem. We created those records again (Leads) and deleted the old ones... all worked fine then "Phillip Sperry" <phillip.sperry@mxsecure.com> wrote in message news:9FeSb.10804$QJ3.6760@fed1read04... > I am experiencing a problem with certain records within CRM that will not > open. The syst...

Outlook macro question
I have two email accounts in Outlook 2003. I know about the Accounts drop list in new emails. But is it possible to create a few macros so that I end up with two buttons where each runs a macro that starts a new email using a specific account? One button would start a new email using account 1 and the other button would start a new email using account 2. If so, could someone please give me some pointers? Thanks. Outlook doesn't provide any direct way to change the account for an = outgoing message in versions before Outlook 2003. See=20 http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D88...

Resizing Option Button?
Hello Friends, I have asked a Question in mrexcel.com. But, the reply was it is not possible. Please check the below link and tell me is doable. http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewt...7747&highlight= Thanks, Nawaf -- countryfan_nt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ countryfan_nt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11051 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482535 No you can't, at least not the actual button part. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if ...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

macro to generate next number
Hi, i need a macro to look in sheet 2 column A and look at the last filled cell. In the last filled cell i have a number. When i run macro, i need to generate (in sheet1 A1) the number from the last filled cell +1. EX: sheet 2 last filled cell = 29 sheet1 after macro i need to have in A1 = 30 Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Yuo can have a macro if you want but you don't need one, try this =OFFSET(Sheet2!A1,COUNTA(Sheet2!A:A)-1,0) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still suffici...

My computer has stopped recognizing my memory card
This just happened today. The card was purchased the day after Thanksgiving so it's very new. It is a 4GB SD card from HP. I don't believe this is a hardware problem as my digital camera Lexar 1GB Memory Stick Duo card and adapter worked just fine today in the same slot. There has been no damage to the card. It has a write-protection lock on the side and I've tried the card with and without the lock on - neither way worked. I've also checked "My Computer" and confirmed that the computer is not listing my card as a drive any longer. I really need to get t...

see chart from pushing button
how would I see a chart from pushing a button on the spreedsheet ? ...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Button Control Event: question
I have a small dialog that prints data it queries from a server to a listbox when a user presses a start button. What I'd like to do is to have the data continually print after the button is pressed until the user presses a stop button. So, I guess I would need to initiate some kind of continuous loop for the data querying/printing, but I'm unsure how to get the stop button to break the loop. If this even the best solution. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could accomplish this, or perhaps a better design idea? Thanks, Marcus Marcus wrote: > I have a small dialog that prints d...

macro warning
I have a workbook that consists of 15 worksheets. One for each month and then a summary page for the year plus a couple of worksheets containing charts. Every time I open it I'm prompted that the workbook contains macros. I haven't created any macros. I go to tools>macros and bring up the window no macros are shown. Anybody have any ideas why this is happening? Not really a show stopper but rather irritating. gls858 One possibility is that you need to delete any empty modules that may have housed macros. Hit ALT+F11 and this will open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor) Top left you wi...

HELP! Record Macro in TOOLS > MACRO is gone!
I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a project and I need this back. Can someone help? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks, Joe M. Try this: In the customize window > click the Options tab > push the reset toolbars & menus button. Exit excel and re-load it Micky "Joe M." wrote: > I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and > now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a ...

macro-import another xls file
Hi, i need a macro to import another xls file.When i run macro i need a window to appear and to browse to the file i need to import. I allways open another file, so i want to browse for the file. Can this be done? Thanks! Try some code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim FName As Variant Dim Filter As String ' Excel 2003 workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls" ' Excel 2007 workbooks workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb" ' Excel 2003 and 2007 Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*...

How to record sell of asset & see true cost?
I had bought a car 4 years ago on loan and some downpayment. And recently I sold it. I had the following accounts setup in Money 2004 Delux: 1. Car Asset with only Opening Balance of $30,000 2. Car Loan account which tracked Principal and Interest amounts (the loan is fully paid) 3. Auto category as Expense category with sub categories such as Purchase Cost (downpayment), Fuel costs, Insurance, etc. All car expenses were tracked under one of these sub categories. I would like to record the sell of the car. Where would I record it and how would I categorize so that I can get...

On opening outlook
Hi When i open outlook it always goes to a particular folder in my inbox (its a sub folder, about 5 levels down). How do i set it to 1. just open and go to the inbox 2. or open to the last folder i had open. thanks in advance Andy C Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options... Here you can specify your default startup folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AC&q...

Excel, Macro designed to send mails via Outlook : question on certificate
Hi everybody, I created in Excel a macro designed to send specific mails via Outlook. Because an Outlook dialog box asked me all the time whether I authorize the transmission or not, I created a certificate using MS Office "SelfCert". So far so good. My macro is signed. However, Outlook keeps on asking me everytime to authorize the transmission of the mails. What should I do / check ? Anybody ? Many thanks in adavance for your time and kind help. Daniel Everything you wanted to know about sending emails fro Excel using Outlook. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Go...

Continuous Form, Window Top Record Ordinal
On continuous view forms, there should be a form property that has the recordset ordinal of the top-most record currently displayed in the form’s window. For example, if a recordset contains 100 records and the CurrentRecord is 5 and the user scrolls down until the CurrentRecord disappears off the top of the screen, what is the recordset ordinal for the record that is now at the top of the window? Left clicking on the scrollbar slider will display “Record: x of y”, but there should be a property that contains the value of x for code purposes. Perhaps call it “WindowTopRecord...

Extracting records from a list
I would like to extract records from a long list of 500 rows. The list is already sorted by the first column. There is a maximum of four possible values for the first column with multiple values for the other ones. I would like to create four different lists, each with only one of the possible value in its first column by extracting them from the "master" list. Any help or pointer will be gratefully appreciated. Here is some very simple generic code Code: -------------------- Set SourceSht = Sheets("Sheet1") Set DestSht = Sheets("Sheet1") ...

Hover buttons not loading quickly & Java Security Warning
Hi, I am pulling my hair out over this one! I'll be most grateful for any help. Here is the beginning of my new site: http://www.johnblaustein.com/web3/ You will notice that when the splash page transitions to the home.html page, the link images do not load immediately. I used FP2003's hover buttons for the links. The reason I want to use images instead of text for the links is so that the size of the links won't change if the user adjusts those browser settings. Can someone tell me why the buttons are loading so slowly? I suspect it is because the browse...

Macros within Excel
Is it possible to do a macro to update information between the following situation. 1 - Journal Spreadsheet - same every week - needs to be updated in cells J2, J5, J8, etc. - every 3rd cell with information from spreadsheet 2. 2 - Payroll Spreadsheet - different every week - information in column H - cells H13, H14, H15 update cells in spreadsheet 1 - i.e. H13 to J2, H14 to J5, H15 to J8, etc. When the new payroll spreadsheet (spreadsheet 3) comes into play, it has a different name because of the date i.e. Payroll 2-15-08 - my macro only works from Spreadsheet 1 to Spreadsheet 2 - when...

No records!! No errors!! after Sync.
We installed the sales for outlook client on a laptop and then replicated with the central database without any issues. The new user is a part of the business unit that owns all the records in the central database. After the replication there are no records being transferred to this laptop. We tried replicating a few times with no errors provided but no records being transferred. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks, Nathan ------=_NextPart_0001_6228563F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Nathan~ Check and see if you received any errors within the subscriptions of...