stop cursor from going through hidden/grouped rows in excel 2002.

Anyone know of a way to stop the cursor from scrolling
through hidden or grouped rows in excel 2002?  Only
happens when moving down through a worksheet (on the way
up the cursor skips over hidden or grouped rows).  Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

How do I add a total to a stacked bar graph in Excel
I am using Excel for some graphs in Powerpoint and we are using stacked bar graphs. Does anyone know how to add a total on a stcaked graph? I can add individual values but I am looking for total per bar. the simplest way is to copy the data with the totals into the chart. select the section of the bar equal to the totals and change the axis to secondary add the series values and in paterns select none for fill and line. in th elegehgend select the line for the totals and clar all. "Greg L" wrote: > I am using Excel for some graphs in Powerpoint and we are using stacked bar...

macros in excel #4
Is it possible to set up a macro in excel to print report with conditions "Jai" wrote: > Is it possible to set up a macro in excel to print report with conditions Can you elaborate on "Conditions" and what kind of report it is? May be I can pitch in .. I am a beginner too, but I can look around. I am trying to set up a report from database of vendors. Each vendor has it's own number. Some vendors are grouped together. In report, there should be list of each vendors and all grouped vedors should have subtotal for its data. I know it's easy to do a subt...

export excel macros
I am gettting a new computer from my IT staff this week. Is there a way to backup all my personal macros. I have done a search for personal.xls and have not come up with anything. Can anyone provide answers. Brad Wilson nctarheelfan@hotmail.com Hi search for your personal.xls in your xlstart folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Brad wrote: > I am gettting a new computer from my IT staff this week. Is there a > way to backup all my personal macros. I have done a search for > personal.xls and have not come up with anything. Can anyone provide > answers. &...

Excel Database
I'm developing a database in Excel and I need some help with macros. The scenario: It's a database of drink short takes for a bar. Each tab has a different summary category, such as spirits, wines, cocktails, etc... Cells in each summary tab links to a new tab, where the data for that entry is explained (the short take sheets themselves). Short take planner Now, imagine a simple monthly calendar, each cell corresponding to each day of the month that has a drop down list of values to choose from. First, I would like to make this drop down list show data from the...

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

Chart wizard funcitonality in Excel 2007?
I hope I'm missing something in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003, the chart wizard gives you access to lots of options when you create a graph--graph type, data range, the various series (including the X axis labels), the chart title and axis titles, gridlines, legends, and others. It doesn't take long to create the graph with most of the options you want and then tweak it pretty quickly. In Excel 2007, it seems that every option is a separate button/menu/choice. Setting the chart title, the x-axis title, and the y-axis title are three different operations. Ditto for pretty much everyt...

Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message
OS is Windows XP SP1 Email - Outlook 2002 SP3 Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Other Related Issues: At times, the message displays the correct server name and sometime it does not. At times, it displays the name of an active directory server. This only happens to workstations located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via ADSL\VPN connection. We have one exchange 2003 server - public...

divide so no error Excel 2007
I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide one by the other and set it up on many cells. Problem is if I enter the folmula befor there are actually numbers in the two cells I get the Divide by 0 error (#DIV/0!) So How can I divide A2 / B2 only if it won't produce an error? =IF(B2=0,0,A2/B2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Striker" <striker3070@qwest.net> wrote in message news:%23CnsJAoRJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide >one by the other and set it up ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

Hidden data when pasting from html page into Excel?
I have a situation where I copy a report, which is generated as an html page, into Excel for analysis. When a new copy/version of the report is available, I copy and paste the new data over top of the old in Excel. I've noticed that the size of my Excel file is growing after each copy/paste situation. To manage this, I can delete the worksheet where I paste the data and reconstruct it. After doing nothing else, saving the workbook results in an immediate reduction of file size. If I simply select everything on the sheet and delete, the file size does NOT go down; I have to delet...

Historical Excel question re: statistical capabilities
Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping with statistical functions built in- or know how I can find out? In the pre-spreadsheet days of my computing past, I used BASIC to code statistical functions necessary for my profession. As spreadsheets became more advanced, we all transitioned to using the advanced functionality. My question is when did this occur? Did Excel always have its current complement of statistical functions? Thanks slingsh0t@hotmail.com shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping...

Formula result shows as zero Excel 2003
Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12. This is the same formula as rows above but rows above show correct result whereas D12 and subsequent rows show only zero. If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing bar so formula is working correctly. I have tried copying both formula and cell formatting from previous rows which do display their result correctly but still doesn't fix the problem. Any assistance would be much appreciated Hi maybe automatic calculation is disabled. Check 'Tools - Options - Calculate...

help diagnosing what's going on in ExchangeServer2000
I'm fairly ignorant of exactly how ES2000 works and would like some general information to help in my diagnosing why some emails are not being delivered to certain email domains (more correctly, why some emails are not being forwarded actually...ES2K is part of a voicemail system where some users have ..wav copies of the voicemails forwarded to their various off-site email accounts) . Here are my questions: 1. How can I see what emails are being forward? Is there a file/folder akin to the SentItems folder in Outook? 2. If there are send failures, where can I find them and how can ...

Moving Servers Across Administrative Groups...
Here's the quick scenario... Exchange 5.5 original site. Exchange 2000 (non-cluster) brought up as first Exchange 2000 server in 5.5 site. (not doing anything) Exchange 2000 cluster brought up. Exchange site name is XXXNTDOMAIN which, in ESM shows up as the name of the First Administrative Group. This doesn't match the logical environment going forward so I was curious if it was possible to do: 1. Rename the XXXNTDOMAIN administrative group to something else? 2. Create a second administrative group and bring up a 2003 cluster at some point in the near future and migrate ...

opening excel worksheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel whenever I try to open an existing excel worksheet it opens very short. I have to drag it down to the bottom of the screen, is there a setting that i need to adjust? No, simply SAVE the workbook after you adjust it. Next time, it will open at the size you want. On 27/03/10 6:42 AM, in article 59bb6065.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "scrapper@officeformac.com" <scrapper@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > wh...

removing rows.
How to remove rows in one sheet according to values (text) entered in another sheet. If I do not enter text "PTA" (but anything else) in a sheet named "Input Data", on another sheet named "2 Page" these rows (11,12,13,14,15,16,17, 20,21,22,23,24,25) should dissappear. Also If I enter anything else, other than word "Vertical" in cell F3 of "Input Data", rows 101,103,105,107,109,111,113 should dissappear in the sheet named "2 Page" when these conditions not true I want these rows to re-appear. If I need to use ma...

first row
Hi group Im using excel as a telephone database (cannot get my head around access). Anyway with my first row which has name, contact number etc etc, I would like to always keep visible, so as when I scroll down the list of names I can always see this first row, is this possible? or do I have use access?? TIA -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available. http://mail.spaminspector.com S...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

Send a personal email to a group of people
I am using the trial version of Send Personally (http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/send_personally/) with Outlook. Is there a freeware alternatiev for this? Thanks Mail merge with Word can send personal messages to several selected contacts. Z -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:41610591$0$118$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... >I am using the trial version of Send Personally &...

count a pair of numbers in row in a table
Hello, my question is: we have the following table: 34 29 13 15 7 15 8 40 11 24 13 6 8 21 38 9 17 23 1 4 22 38 42 37 16 1 18 11 37 41 5 42 18 33 45 9 1 21 41 15 41 1 27 23 42 23 29 7 38 18 42 12 26 34 36 and this one in another sheet 1 2 3 1 2 3 I want to fill the second table with the sum of how many times the numbers if each row and column appear in the same row in the first table. for example: how many time the numbers 2 and 3 appear together in the same row on the first table Nik, Assume t...

Using Queries in Excel
What are the best practices for using database-like queries in Excel. Let's say you wish to join to sheets together och view a subset of columns in a third sheet. I've tried several different methods, but I dont think any of them are completely good. I've used VLookup, Index, MS Query. (MS Query must be the must forgotten MS product in history. It's like a time machine back to Windows 3.11) I've also tried alot of different methods for searching a range, based on more than one criteria, and display the result, either a single value or a sum based on several rows. Here i&#...

Moving a row from one sheet to another wrongly leaves blank-row artifact.
Moving an entire row within a sheet in Excel XP is implemented correctly: Select the entire row, cut it, go to the target location, and Insert Copied Cells. The target row is inserted (pushing all rows below it down), and the source row is deleted (bringing all rows below it up, as it were). NOT so when the target is in another sheet in the same workbook. Excel inserts the target row correctly, but fails to delete the source row. The row still exists (only it's blanked out). You have to remeber to, tediously, return to the source and delete the blank row. Which means that if you intende...

Select non-consecutive rows
Hi, Is there a way to select non-consecutive rows besides Ctrl + click. If I want to insert a blank row above about 40 rows, this can become quite tedious. -- Thanks! Dee Hi only possible with VBA in this case -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:23B3F46E-C956-4FCC-9880-08B9A200B3A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to select non-consecutive rows besides Ctrl + click. If I > want to insert a blank row above about 40 rows, this can become quite tedious. > > > -- > Tha...