stationary column on a spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet that i want to make the first column not move when i
scroll to the right. And one teach a dummy.
0
wc4ew (1)

Select cell B1
Choose Window > Freeze Panes

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

PivotTable and column widths
Am I correct in believing that there is no way to change the column widths in a PivotTable and have them preserved during updates? -- Peter Aitken Remove the crap from my email address before using. Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK Remove the check mark from AutoFormat Table Click OK Peter Aitken wrote: > Am I correct in believing that there is no way to change the column widths > in a PivotTable and have them preserved during updates?...

return null for the column column_default in the view sys.informat
Hi Guys I have a id that has dbreader role. When I use this ID to run the query select * from sys.information_schema.columns, the column column_default returned null although I have some default value in the tables. It returned value when I use id that has dbowner permission to run it. Can anyone let me know what minimum permsion can I give to the id so that column_default can return correct value when I run the query. Thanks. grant view definition on the table. Tom "Iter" <Iter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60185772-0E13-4FE1-8FA0-622926...

Sorting Column
:confused: Exporting tags from Autocad I end up with my first colum containin data such as A6r ....A35r & A6 ......A55, how can I sort this column i accending order by the number only, ignoring the letters....?????? All help appreciated Ing -- Ing ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ingo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2728 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46791 separate the letters from the numbers "Ingo" wrote: > > :confused: > > Exportin...

Locate Value in a set Row, with Dynamic Column
Hi, I have some data and the headers for the numbers are months. All the months are on row 7. I need to add some code to start looking in row 7 (cell A7) and look at each column to locate the relevant date entered in cell A1. Example: The code needs to look at cell A7, then B7, then C7 etc etc until it locates the right value. How can I do this please? Thanks, What do you want thew code to do when it finds the match? "Louise" <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D451C1-3C5D-4C5C-BD65-1D85139BBC0B@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...

Columns now numbers rather than letters how do i get letters back
Somehow I have managed to accidentally change the column references to numbers rather than letters. How do I get these back? Not sure of the correct terminology but I am referring to where the rows are usually numbers and the columns usually letters. My columns are now also numbers! In EXCEL 2007:- Office Button (top left hand corner) Excel Options (lower right hand corner) Formulas - make sure that there is no tick in the box called:- R1C1 reference style EXCEL 2003 Tools / Options / General tab – remove tick from R1C1 Reference style. If my comments have he...

SQL Change Column name
I am using VB6 as a front end to an Access97 database. My computer has Access2003 and won't let me edit the columns, tables, etc. I can add/change data, but not the underlying structure of the database. I have found & modified a VB front end that will allow me to add/drop tables, add/drop columns, etc. But it doesn't have an option to change a column name. I've done a bunch of googling on it, and know that using ALTER TABLE and CHANGE is supposed to do it, but it's not, so I'm wondering if CHANGE is not compatible with Access97. The SQL statement I'm usi...

Access data on spreadsheet without accessing the file?...
Hi, I have built a large, complicated spreadsheet with highly sensitive information. It is only accessed by a few people. There are other people who need some of the information on one tab of the worksheet, but they are not allowed access to the file. I have been asked to come up with a way to make this happen. And I can't be accomplished by just allowing access to the one tab they need. They can have NO access to open the file at all. I thought of creating a separate worksheet that links to the info they need, but the problem with that is that there is a lookup on the tab the...

Change column headings in crosstab querry
I created a crosstab query and I want to change two of the column headings. The column Headings are to be Number of 30-minute lessons and Number of 60-minute lessons. My LessonLength column is where I am getting the information from. Here is what I have tried and doesn't work. IIF(LessonLength, "Number of 30-Minute Lessons" , "Number of 60-Minute Lessons") The LessonLength Column gives both 30 or 60. How do I create the two columns so that all of the 30 minute lessons are in one column and 60 minute are in another with the headings from above. Any help would...

How to ignore hidden columns in an "Average" formula?
If an "average" formula includes multiple columns, and those columns change each month by hiding old months (at end) and adding new months (at beginning) what can be done, by macro or in formula) to ignore the hidden columns? Try this if you can use 101 in your Excel version =SUBTOTAL(101,A1:C1) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "DotK" <DotK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6F36A22-BDE4-4836-98AE-028A616A9300@microsoft.com... > If an "average" formula includes multiple columns, and thos...

How do I make excel hide columns when it says cannot move objects
I select columns and try to hide them. Excel says it cannot shift objects off the sheet. I try goto objects and it says there are no objects on the sheet. I cannot hide or resize the column widths of certain columns. I cannot figure out why I can't get it to work and hide or resize the columns. Does anyone have any idea how to fix the columns so I can hide/resize the columns? It only does it on some of the columns, not all of them. I can't find any objects to delete. ...

How do I rename my columns? (i.e.
Just trying to get specific info at the top of my spreadsheet where (A1, B1, C1....etc) are. Not sure quite how to do it. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hi, You cannot rename the columns, you can use the first row to enter your names instead "Novice" wrote: > Just trying to get specific info at the top of my spreadsheet where (A1, B1, > C1....etc) are. Not sure quite how to do it. Any assistance would be > appreciated. Thanks in advance. Use row 1. If the A1, B1, bother you, Tools - Options - View, hide column Headers. -- ...

how can I omit the array( numbers and letters for columns and row
i want to print without the numbers of the rows and without the letters in each column. how can i do this? You have a response to your post in .misc. linnie wrote: > > i want to print without the numbers of the rows and without the letters in > each column. how can i do this? -- Dave Peterson ...

compare 2 lists and common ones display on the 3rd column
Hi, Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones that occur in both lists to a 3rd column? Thanks. Elaine. Use a macro:- Sub CompareAndPutinColumn3() j = 1 For i = 1 To Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(1)) If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Columns(2), Cells(i, 1)) > 0 Then Cells(j, 3) = Cells(i, 1) j = j + 1 End If Next i End Sub somethinglikeant elaine wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones > that occur in both lists to a 3rd column? > > Thanks. >...

Column Labels on Views
Hi, does anybody know if I can change a the Display Name of an existing column field? I checked Deployment manager and noticed the Display Name is prompted during creation of the field, is there a way to change the label? we reused a field for the accounts table and would like to change the display name on the List View.. Thanks =) Simple log in the CRM web page with administrator level and go to Start/Configuration/Custom System, choose the entity who you want custom and click in custom form. In this page you can choose the displayed fields and custom them. After custom the disired fie...

How do I use VBA behind an Excel spreadsheet?
I need to know how to open the VBA editor, as well as write VBA code for a spreadsheet. I've never done it in Excel, though I'm pretty well-versed in using VBA in Access. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks! Take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article <C0FD9CEC-CA6F-4753-85E9-D035EB69BEB6@microsoft.com>, Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to know how to open the VBA editor, as well as write VBA code for a > spreadsheet. I've never done it in Excel, though I'm pretty ...

Data validation for Multiple columns
Hi all, I am creating a spreadsheet which will have data entry from different users. I want to give the validation in such a way that a combination of values in 2 columns do not occur more than once. Like say A B 1 a 1 b 2 a 2 b 2 a in above example the combination 2 and a is recurring. it should be restricted by validation while entering the data itself. can anybody please help Regards NC Hi, sorry for bothering you all but i got a solution on other group here is link for others reference http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming...

How to display each column in one row to each shape?
I have an Excel file like this: Unique_ID 1 Name: Tom Class: A And then I have 3 shapes in a viviso drawing I want to display "1" in one of these shapes, "Tom" in the second one, "A" in the last one using Macro. Please help me the code to do that as soon as possible. Thanks so much what version of visio are you using? In v2007 professional you can link data to shapes, in earlier versions you have to write interop code to do it. There are some good examples in david edson's book (check John Marshall's site visio.mvps.org for other references as w...

Named range row/column reference
Hello, I am using named ranges in a VBA macro StudentNbr is A26:A45 TestWeek is E25:X25 TestScores is E26:X45 As you can see this is a grid of data with student numbers down th left side, test week numbers across the top and the grid containin test scores. I would like to update the cells in TestScores based on the positio of the values in the StudentNbr and TestWeek named ranges using: Range("TestScores") (vStudentNbr,vTestWeek).value = vTestScore *Is there a way to get vStudentNbr and vTestWeek as relative reference to the beginning of their respective named ranges? *...

Removing table column buttons?
Is there a way to remove the sort/filter buttons from specific columns in an Excel 2007 table? Our tables have certain columns that are very narrow and that we will never need to be sorted or filtered. Furthermore, the buttons cover-up the heading labels in those columns. Is there a way to manually disable the sort/filter feature for specific columns and remove the buttons? We also notice that converting a range to a table often changes the column size, especially of smaller columns. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? Thank you for any help with these items. a couple thing...

Combining Spreadsheets On An On-going Basis
We have been using for 5 years now a form in Excel called Problem Report. Every report is the same. The report number is in cell K3. The defect code is in cell L20 and so on. I have to summarize some of the fields and want to end up with a report like the following: Report# Date Defect Code Etc. 07-001 1/2/07 23 XXX 07-002 1/3/07 22 YYY 07-003 1/3/07 18 ZZZ Can I bring all the reports into a workbook as tabs and have the workbook automatically update a summary tab each time a tab is added (adding it as a row to the summary)? There are about 45 specific cells on a Proble...

how do you use data from a chart in a spreadsheet or data chart?
I made an X Y scatter chart in Excel for a time depth display chart. I now want to take that information and put it into a spreadsheet or data chart. The XY chart only shows some crosspoints but I need the data chart to automatically show me the points that are missing (not plotted on the XY chart) I can enter the information into Excel but it leaves a tremendous amount of blank points and I am not sure how to get them to automatically fill in. It is not the same distance between each of the points. If anyone can help me with this, I would be greatly appreciative. It isn't rea...

How to refer to active cell on spreadsheet?
Excel 2000 on Windows 2000 I'm looking for functionality similar to "ActiveCell" in VBA. I have week-ending dates in Column A. Columns B through H are the days of the week, Mon - Fri, so cell B1 = "Mon", C1 = "Tue", etc. I want B2 to be whatever the date value in Column A in the current row is, minus 6 (my weeks end on Sunday.) So if my active cell is B6; A6 = 1/19/03; and then I want B2 to read 1/13/03 (Monday's date), or 1/19/03 - 6. A B C D E F G H --------------------------------------------------...

Excel 97
I would like to spesify validation for 100 cells in one column, s values inserting in every next sell to be unique in relation to th preceding -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "doynovam >" <<doynovam.14avng@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:doynovam.14avng@excelforum-nospam.com... > I would like to spesify validation for 100 cells in one column, so > values inserting in every next sell to be unique in relation to the > pre...

create text box alongside last column of table for two rows
What is the optimum method of creating text fields to the right of the last table column when you only require 3 or 4 in a table of 30 rows? -- Concord Text form fields? It might be simplest to add an extra column and put them in that - either manually or by macro. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

no focus when spreadsheets opens
I have a spreadsheet that contains macros. When I go to windows explorer and double click the spreadsheet file, depending on the current state of excel, the spreadsheet is gains or does not gain focus. If excel is not running or is minimized, the spreadsheet comes up (after the "enable macros security warning" dialog box) in focus. But the way I work this is rarely the case. Usually, excel is running and has 0 or more spreadsheets opened when I go to explorer to open the next sheet. When I open the next sheet, I get the macro security message and then the spreadsheet opens out of...