Start up settings

I would like to be able to open excel and not have a new workbook open at the
same time.  How can I have the task pane open up without a new workbook?
0
jmvanhee (1)

You can create a shortcut to do this.

Right click on the desktop and choose New>Shortcut
Browse to the path of your Excel.exe
At the end of the path, type a space and then /e
So it'll look something like:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e
Click Next
Give your shortcut a name
click Ok

This shortcut will open the Excel application without any
worksheets.

tod

0
todtown (11)
1/5/2005 1:45:24 PM
You may find this reference handy...

Description of the startup switches for Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291288

--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"jmvanhee" <jmvanhee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to be able to open excel and not have a new workbook open at
>the
> same time.  How can I have the task pane open up without a new workbook?

0
delouis (422)

How do I set up a metatag for google site recognition?
Google is requesting that I include a meta tag in my code. I can't figure out how to get to the actual code to do this. Publisher webs are not designed to directly edit the source code. If I understand what you are asking and if memory serves Google offers the alternative of uploading a text file to your root directory instead of the meta tag. If you have a follow up question or other questions about Publisher webs, then in the future please post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http...

How to set the column title in a listbox from Excel
any help here? You can do it two ways. 1.) Include a header in your RowSource Range. 2.) You can put Lablels just above your ListBox to label your ListBox columns. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. -- Cheers, Ryan "V Hoang" wrote: > any help here? If ColumnHeads is set to true in the properties window, then the header row should not be included in the RowSource or ListFill range. VBA will automatically include the row above the ListFill range as a header if the ColumnHeads property is set to true. "Ryan H&q...

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

How to set Excel to open a new window for each application
When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my original spreadsheet. How to I get it back to previous settings? Tools-->Options, View tab. Check Windows in Taskbar. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052E3C3A-8A1A-4EB4-BE2D-B6E09D4D247F@microsoft.com... > When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This > used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my ori...

change the "online services" account setting
Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on the bank link. However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank. Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and downloading transactions and importing them into MM. In this case, in the Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads "Pro...

printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API
Hi to all, I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT. So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT 4.0 in some other manner?? Later, I realized that registry value KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printe...

Setting browser to respond to hyperlinks in e-mails?
Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in Win XP? My problem is that when I click on a hyperlink both Firefox and IE(ver:7) open that link. TIA "Pegleg" <Pegleg@usnavyret.mil> wrote in message news:e9v0c396q9k64smer9fptjj4omtmm2m31t@4ax.com... > Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is > clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in > Win XP? > > My problem is that when I click on a hy...

Icon sets - conditional formatting
How do I get Excel 2003 to do this? I want to be able to add increase and decrease arrow icons to a column of numbers . Thx Upgrade to Excel 2007 or see these products; http://www.ozgrid.com/excel-add-ins/mini-charts-excel.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/excel-add-ins/spark-maker.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37AE35EE-B3C4-46B2-98F2-8A0B9627E12D@microsoft.com... > How do I get Excel 2003 to do this? > > I want to be able to add increase and decrease arrow icons to a colum...

CRM outlook client start up problem
Hi, I installed Microsoft CRM Outlook client but when I start Microsoft Outlook I got the following message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist. Can you please help me? Ayen Ayen, What may be the cause is the Comm Add-in, try removing it and re adding it from the Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\Bin directory. Its the crmaddin.dll that you need to add. Also make sure that in IE the CRM site is added to thr trusted sites list. HTH Ben Ali AYEN wrote: > Hi, > ...

can't start Outlook, Runtime error
When I double-click on the icon, I get the message, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library." The window says, "This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." WHAT'S WRONG??? ...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 11-24-09
I can no longer access Microsoft Outlook since having ran out of memory on the C:\ After deleting some and letting the disk clean up porgram delete some other files I now receive this error message. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window" Can anyone help me please - Thank you By memory I guess you mean hard disk space. If you have less than 15% of free space you will run into other win problems - time for a new larger disk? Try Run outlook.exe /resetnavepane (note space between exe /) "Rita" <Rita@discussions.micro...

I'm trying to set up my mail for windows vista, please help set this up for me!
blueljeans@verizon.net is my email before trying to set up my mail through windows, can you help me? Barbara Gibson NEVER post or use your real email address in a public newsgroup or forum! Contact your ISP or email provider to obtain the settings you'll need to access your name@verizon.net account via POP3 [1], then start here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish ============= [1] Perhaps http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/verizon/mail/yahoomail/pop/pop-08.html ? Barbara Gibson wrote: > [MUNGED]@v...

design sets #2
Under "Design Sets" in "Master Sets" I have set up several things with the "Quadrant" design. It now comes up automatically with the headline I used. How do I change the default headline? ...

Error when starting up Deployment Manager
When we start up the Deployment manager we get "The selected snap-in did not initialize properly". I know when we first installed the deployment manager came up fine. But shortly after we started getting that message. Your post to that questions was -"Are you logging in with Admin authority". And the answer is yes, I am logging in with Domain Administrator authority. I did notice that originally when we installed the application there was a DOS window that was open when Deployment manager was open, but that is no longer opened, when that software is started. Yes, I am ge...

Money 2005 fails to start on Vista
My Money 2005 was working fine on Vista (see history below) but now when the splash screen comes up it dies with no error message. I've tried uninstall and reinstall using the run by Administrator options, done a registry clean up and still the same thing. I'm at a loss now as to what to do. I'd really rather not upgrade to 2007 but if anyone can offer good reasons why I should it would be appreciated. I'm really getting frustrated with MS and their failure to make Vista compatable to even their own programs! (i.e. issues with Outlook 2002 not storing a password, P...

Access 2000:Print settings keep changing
I have created reports and saved the margins and column settings. But, I always get a call from co-workers stating these settings are messed up. These settings will be great for a number of days, and then they get changed. I have often wondered if one of the users is doing an "oops" and resetting those certain reports back to default, or is there a bug that might be causing this? This is a small office and I really don't think this is a malicious event. On Tue, 8 May 2007 20:44:01 -0700, ctuck61 wrote: > I have created reports and saved the margins and column setti...

at times i have to reboot to start Outlook 2003, any help?
it would be appreciated Sounds like you have a 3rd party application or addin that isn't letting Outlook close properly. Try bringing up the task list (start > run > tasklist.exe > ok button) to see if Outlook is still running when it won't start. (check the processes tab) "skimmi" <skimmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42FAFCC7-55BC-45DB-B8D7-674FF9638B14@microsoft.com... > it would be appreciated Not sure if this helped or not? The problem did happen again and tried what you suggested but the screen only flashed up momentari...

In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date?
In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date? In some tables I have it in dd/mm/yy, but in the others mm/dd/yy How do I change mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy? On my w2k Pro, Control Paned date format is set to dd/mm/yy yout it does not seem to affect Excel Hi If you select the cells with the dates in mm/dd/yy and go Format>Cells and in the dialog that opens, go for the Number tab, you can select the Date formats and choose whichever one suits or select Custom and type dd/mm/yy into the Type box. This will change the formatting of your dates. Hope this helps! Richard On 28 Jan, 16:34, &q...

Start Menu shortcut doesn't work
I pinned to start menu on Vista, worked for a while now just won't open Publisher, and I have to go into C:\Program Files to find it to access it Anyone know a way to get the shortcut working again ? On Fri, 9 May 2008 12:41:08 +0100, "Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote: >I pinned to start menu on Vista, worked for a while now just won't open >Publisher, and I have to go into C:\Program Files to find it to access it >Anyone know a way to get the shortcut working again ? Re-pin it to the start menu from there. Why not put Publisher on the quick launch T...

Total working hours problem if it start from 30 at night and ends on the 31 morning
Dear all, i am using this to get the total wroking hours per day TOTAL WORKING HOURS PER DAY: DateDiff("n",[TIME IN],[TIME OUT]+DateDiff ("n",[TIME IN 2],[TIME OUT 2]))/60 It is working perfectly until i have this Employee Name Day Date Time Clock In/OUT Tia Kareem Fri 10/30/2009 5:59pm IN Tia Kareem Sat 10/31/2009 3:27am OUT IF i will use the same expression i will be getting total working hours per day : -14.53 Employee Name Date IN ...

Outlook Security Settings
When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form I receive the error "Could not load some objects because they are not available on this machine" I click OK and the add button is disabled/doesn't work. I am simply trying to get into the Trusted Code tab so I can add one dll. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:54:03 -0800, Th3man <Th3man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form >I receive the error "Could not load some ob...

How To Execute The Start -> Run Programatically
Hey Friends Can someone suggest how we can Execute The Start -> Run Programatically? Take a look at ShellExecute/CreateProcess. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eO70xHhjDHA.684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... | Hey Friends | | Can someone suggest how we can Execute The Start -> Run Programatically? | | | | Hey...here is another link to TaskInfo 2000. It is a later version but just as good. I don't think you have to register it (can't remember). http://www.devhood.com/tools/tool_details.a...

Local settings
In my app I need to display and enter values in a (derived CEdit) using ',' or '.' depending on localsettings. Regardless of the setting of 'Control Panel | Regional Options | Numbers | Decimal Symbol' it will use the '.' How can I make sure both possibilities will be handled correctly. If oneone has an example it would help a lot I think Here is a function I wrote to insert comma separaters... This might help. The function takes a "value" and creates a string formatted with commas. In this case I don't use decimals, but this could easily be ...

Print quality setting greyed out
When converting a spreadsheet to PDF (with Acrobat 6) I have an issue with the print quality setting in the print format dialog (File/Print format/Page/Print Quality). I know that if I don't set print quality to 600 dpi or similar, there will be blank areas in the exported file (done it before). Now this has happened again and I can't access the Print Quality setting, it's greyed out. Why, and how can I make the right setting? Regards, -- Lars Forslin http://www.connect.to/forslin "Doing time on Earth" ************************** Does the printer itself have buttons...