Spreadsheet macro stopped working!

Hi,

I recently made an Excel spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf score.
The spreadsheet is quite simple. It consists of 4 sheets:

Scorecard, statistics, database and equations (for calculating some
specific).

I insert informations about the golf course I'm playing and how my score
was etc. I then hit a button "Save scorecard" that runs a macro. The
macro inserts specifik values from the scorecard into the database sheet
(which works like a charm). The macro also updates the "Statistics"
sheet with information about stroke number and points for par3, par4 and
par5 holes. This worked perfectly, until now!

If I click "Save scorecard" the database is updated, but the statistics
page is messed up.

The macro should just copy the scorecard matrix (M39:O48) and add the
values to the statistics matrix (AB3:AD12), and copy scorecard matrix
(P38:R48) and add the values to statistics matrix (AG3:AI13). However,
when hitting "Save scorecard" the matrices on the statistics sheet
suddenly contains information like this:

=0+(COUNTIF(AG1048553:AG1048574;5))

This should just read a number (0 in this case). Also many of the
entries are now listed as #### or #REF! Looking at the entry itself gets
you information like this:

=2+(COUNTIF(#REF!;4))

This entry from the example above should only read 2.

The macro that copies the matrices looks like this:

     Sheets("Scorecard").Range("M39:O48").Copy
     Sheets("Statistics").Range("AB3").PasteSpecial Operation:=xlAdd
     Sheets("Scorecard").Range("P38:R48").Copy
     Sheets("Statistics").Range("AG3").PasteSpecial Operation:=xlAdd

Any ideas on what's gone wrong here?

Anders
0
Anders

Sorry, forgot to say that it's Office 2007

Anders
0
Anders
11/20/2009 5:19:01 PM
No one with an idea?
0
Anders
11/21/2009 8:45:35 AM
When replying to your own post it would be best to include the original text
in your reply.

Or cite the message ID of your original post.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:45:35 +0100, Anders <nospam@nospam.dk> wrote:

>No one with an idea?

0
Gord
11/21/2009 4:46:26 PM
Trying again. Anyone with an idea???

Anders skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I recently made an Excel spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf score.
> The spreadsheet is quite simple. It consists of 4 sheets:
>
> Scorecard, statistics, database and equations (for calculating some
> specific).
>
> I insert informations about the golf course I'm playing and how my score
> was etc. I then hit a button "Save scorecard" that runs a macro. The
> macro inserts specifik values from the scorecard into the database sheet
> (which works like a charm). The macro also updates the "Statistics"
> sheet with information about stroke number and points for par3, par4 and
> par5 holes. This worked perfectly, until now!
>
> If I click "Save scorecard" the database is updated, but the statistics
> page is messed up.
>
> The macro should just copy the scorecard matrix (M39:O48) and add the
> values to the statistics matrix (AB3:AD12), and copy scorecard matrix
> (P38:R48) and add the values to statistics matrix (AG3:AI13). However,
> when hitting "Save scorecard" the matrices on the statistics sheet
> suddenly contains information like this:
>
> =0+(COUNTIF(AG1048553:AG1048574;5))
>
> This should just read a number (0 in this case). Also many of the
> entries are now listed as #### or #REF! Looking at the entry itself gets
> you information like this:
>
> =2+(COUNTIF(#REF!;4))
>
> This entry from the example above should only read 2.
>
> The macro that copies the matrices looks like this:
>
>     Sheets("Scorecard").Range("M39:O48").Copy
>     Sheets("Statistics").Range("AB3").PasteSpecial Operation:=xlAdd
>     Sheets("Scorecard").Range("P38:R48").Copy
>     Sheets("Statistics").Range("AG3").PasteSpecial Operation:=xlAdd
>

> Any ideas on what's gone wrong here?
>
> Anders
0
Anders
11/22/2009 7:54:17 AM
You can send the workbook to my email address and I'll take a look.

gorddibbATshawDOTca      change the obvious.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:54:17 +0100, Anders <nospam@nospam.dk> wrote:

>Trying again. Anyone with an idea???
>
>Anders skrev:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently made an Excel spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf score.
>> The spreadsheet is quite simple. It consists of 4 sheets:
>>
>> Scorecard, statistics, database and equations (for calculating some
>> specific).
>>
>> I insert informations about the golf course I'm playing and how my score
>> was etc. I then hit a button "Save scorecard" that runs a macro. The
>> macro inserts specifik values from the scorecard into the database sheet
>> (which works like a charm). The macro also updates the "Statistics"
>> sheet with information about stroke number and points for par3, par4 and
>> par5 holes. This worked perfectly, until now!
>>
>> If I click "Save scorecard" the database is updated, but the statistics
>> page is messed up.
>>
>> The macro should just copy the scorecard matrix (M39:O48) and add the
>> values to the statistics matrix (AB3:AD12), and copy scorecard matrix
>> (P38:R48) and add the values to statistics matrix (AG3:AI13). However,
>> when hitting "Save scorecard" the matrices on the statistics sheet
>> suddenly contains information like this:
>>
>> =0+(COUNTIF(AG1048553:AG1048574;5))
>>
>> This should just read a number (0 in this case). Also many of the
>> entries are now listed as #### or #REF! Looking at the entry itself gets
>> you information like this:
>>
>> =2+(COUNTIF(#REF!;4))
>>
>> This entry from the example above should only read 2.
>>
>> The macro that copies the matrices looks like this:
>>
>>     Sheets("Scorecard").Range("M39:O48").Copy
>>     Sheets("Statistics").Range("AB3").PasteSpecial Operation:=xlAdd
>>     Sheets("Scorecard").Range("P38:R48").Copy
>>     Sheets("Statistics").Range("AG3").PasteSpecial Operation:=xlAdd
>>

>> Any ideas on what's gone wrong here?
>>
>> Anders

0
Gord

Capital One Downloads (and other Yodlee Downloads) not working
I use MS Money to download transactions of Capital One and Bank of America credit cards. For the last 4 days, MS Money has been unable to download these transactions, and when I log into the "My Money" section of the MSN Money web site, I cannot download the transactions either. Both of these downloads are handled via the Yodlee service. Is this a known outage? Are others experiencing the same problem? Is there a solution? I've tried logging in and out of Passport, but the downloads continue to fail. Thanks, Reddog None of these are working for me today. I assume i...

Self-Made Combo Boxes not working correctly...
Okay all.. Here's my deal... I have tried and tried and tried to get these to work... I'm going to post what I have done, and what I am trying to do, and see if someone can help me figure crap out... tblBuilding - PK is BuildingIDNum - Autonumber tblBuildingZones - FK is BuildingIDNum via SELECT DISTINCTROW Building.BuildingIDNum, Building.Name FROM Building ORDER BY Building.BuildingIDNum; cboBuilding - This has Building 1, Building 2, etc. The field displaying this info is "Name" in tblBuilding. cboBuildingZones - This has different "zones" for Building 1,...

Run macro only if
Hi, i need a macro to run if A1 contains "John" and C1 contains "Mari", and if D1 is blank. If this criteria is not mached, then the macro to display a message. Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Is this what you mean Sub somemacro() Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' change to suit With sht If UCase(.Range("A1")) <> "JOHN" _ Or UCase(.Range("C1")) <> "MARI" _ Or .Range("D1") <> "" Then MsgBox "Criteria not met" Exit Sub End If End With 'Your code End Su...

global macro.xls
I have an Excel file that if I open it on a machine with office 2k not 2k3 and click on cells it gives a message "cant find global macro.xls." No such file exists on my machines, but it works fine in office 2k3. Any thoughts? Interesting. Can you send it to me? You can clear out any proprietary data first it you want. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "spammeblind" <spammeblind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5F2A847-73D9-4937-A181-EA7647B667A5@microsoft.com... |I have an Excel file that if I open it on a machine with office 2k not 2k3 and click on cel...

Message tracking not work on XP SP2
Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager 2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:26:05 -0700, Pol <Pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager >2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is >still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! Your workstation needs to be abl...

Macro to send grab email address and open Outlook
Hi there I am trying to write a simple macro to be able to send an email based on an emai address in a form. tblAgency Details has a field EmailAddress (data type is text) I have a Command Button on a form frmAdd Agency Details to run a macro. Macro name is SendEmail - Action is only SendObject There are only two items in the Action Arguments To: =[EmailAddress] Edit Message: Yes (I only want Outlook to load with the email address) So far it does not work. When I have a field for a Web Address and the data type is a hyperlink that works well for me....

Outlook 2007 Instant Search not working.
I installed Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2. The instant search does not work and desktop search can find everything except email messages. I have rebuilt the index and uninstalled and reinstalled Window Desktop Search 3.0. Any other ideas on how to fix this? I fixed mine by doing two things, not scientific, doing only one may have worked. I unchecked Outlook Express. (Maybe it only likes one email client) (It search OE fine by the way) I ran the repair option for Office 2007 in add remove programs. (I installed search after Outlook prompted me on its first use, maybe Search should be...

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

Stopping Replication
My replication setup is as follows... Server A publishes (pushes) transactional updates. Server B subscribes (pulls) to Server A. I need to stop replication process temporarily and switch server A to single user mode. Is there an issue with me stopping sqlagent? Can there be issues when I start it again? Thanks in advance ...

Works Portfolio
I accidently deleted my WksSb.exe application, how can I get this application back? -- Sugarpiemims ...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Contact categories & Exchange 2003: do they work together?
In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are all located in a public folder. "Paul van Egmond" <paul@oenone.nl> wrote: >In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange >to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have >been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. >Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are >all located in a public folder. ...

Selecting Charts in a Macro
I have a worksheet which contains 7 charts: 1st Chart = Chart 12 2nd Chart = Chart 7 3rd Chart = Chart 11 4th Chart = Chart 13 5th Chart = Chart 24 6th Chart = Chart 16 7th Chart = Chart 26 I have a macro which copies the worksheet it over to a new worksheet within the same workbook, the charts are then labelled: 1st Chart = Chart 9 2nd Chart = Chart 7 3rd Chart = Chart 13 4th Chart = Chart 10 5th Chart = Chart 2 6th Chart = Chart 12 7th Chart = Chart 15 The macro then tries to select each chart and change the source data, what I don't know is how excel will treat the chart numbers for...

Retry/Work Offilne???
need some help, one of our machines takes about 10 minutes to get into outlook (OL2K, exch5.5) and gives the screen for Retry or Work Offline. You have to hit the retry to get it to logon. There arent any errors, it just takes forever. I can ping the exchange consistantly and quickly so i'm kinda lost. any ideas? thanks vince ...

Macro to copy cell down
I want to create a macro that will copy the cell above to the active cell. OR the built-in key that will do that tenbob@optonline.net Bob A few seconds with the macro recorder set to "Relative Reference" gave me this. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 11/3/2003 by Gord Dibben ' ' Selection.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub Gord Dibben XL2002 On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 04:26:28 GMT, Bob K. <tenbob@optonline.net> wrote: >I want to create a mac...

Who could tell me which file tha macro _COM_SMARTPTR_TYPEDEF is defined in?
comdef.h ??? Tom "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:Ovpw7IUbHHA.5052@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Lee Tow wrote: > Who could tell me which file tha macro _COM_SMARTPTR_TYPEDEF is defined in? Go buy Visual Assist from Whole Tomato Software. Without this you'll get crazy searching for definitions. Regards, Stuart On Mar 23, 7:53 am, "Lee Tow" <f...@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote: All you have to do is use Find in Files and search VC directory. It is defined in comdef.h. --- Ajay ...

Problem with Macro Code
I have the following selected piece of Code that hits debug on line "ActiveSheet.Paste". The reason it does is that a command window comes up saying "Do you want to Replace the Contents of the Destination Cells" - how can I automate this to say "Yes" within my code? Sheets("Claim Form").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="123" Range("A1").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Sheets("E-Claim").Visible = True Sheets("E-Claim&...

Odd spreadsheet
Hi, I have created a spreadsheet in Excel and saved as .html file and this all works fine. All pf the sheets are the same formatting, so just capital letters for the start of words, but one of the sheets has decided that all of the text in that sheet is going to be capital letters even though when browsing within Excel it is how I want it to be formatted? I am using Excel 2000 under Windows XP Thanks ...

Copy column headings AND formula totals to blank spreadsheet
Hi Everyone! I apologize that this was likely asked before but could someone show me how I can copy my 'column headings, column widths and totals formula' to a blank spreadsheet tab? I have set up budget spreadsheet where I input my receipts to keep track of monthly expenditures. Could someone explain how to copy the column headings, the column widths, AND the formulas of each column to a blank spreadsheet tab so each month will contain the 'same headings, same column widths and the same formula for each column'? Thanks so much for any help!!! katy Assuming you alr...

macro to make different tabs in a same sheet
i have a column in my spreadsheet where there are different names can u suggest a macro which makes different tabs in that same exce workbook with the names of different ppl in front of names there is data, i want that data to be transferre also along with the respective names in that tab thank u frnd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this example The names are in column A of a sheet named Sheet1 Sub test() Dim cell As Range Dim WSNew As Worksheet For Each cell In Sheets("Sheet1").Columns("A").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) Set ...

R1C1 with macros
I'm trying to define a relative range of cells in a macro and copy the formulas from that range to the next row below using R1C1 cell addressing style. I can't seem to get the the thing to go. Anyone know how? Russ Russ I'm not really understanding what you want to do but if, for example you want to copy a relative formula, say in A13 to A1000 then you could use the line Range("A13:A1000").FillDown -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Russ" <Rusty@notathome.net> wrote in message ne...