Spread sheet to a Gif.

How do you convert an xls spread sheet to a gif. I want
to put it in a word document and use arrows in work to
point to the areas of the pic to talk about for
instructions. IE explanations

When I copy and paste, the image is too large.

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

You can use a screen capture program to create a graphic file. I use
SnagIt (you can download an evaluation copy here):

   http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp

and have used ScreenSeize, which you can download here:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/13/2004 9:49:47 PM
You can also press alt + print screen, to copy the current window as a
image and paste it in.  Then you can edit the image file cutting ou
the junk you don't want and add the arrows you want in paint withou
having to install extra programs.

(They get picky at my office about installing programs, so I though
I'd suggest the way to do it without new programs

Excel has a Camera tool built-in.

Tools>Custimize>Commands>Tools.  Scroll down to Camera.  Move it to your
Toolbar.  Close customize.

Select a range of cells then click on Camera tool.  Edit>Paste Special.
Choose GIF from options.

You can copy this to Word.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:39:33 -0800, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How do you convert an xls spread sheet to a gif. I want
>to put it in a word document and use arrows in work to
>point to the areas of the pic to talk about for
>instructions. IE explanations
>
>When I copy and paste, the image is too large.
>
>Thanks.

0
Gord

how to protect sheet from adding/deleting
I have a workbook on my website.(two sheets) I only want my people to view and print these sheets. How can I protect from deleting or changing the data? Tools/Protection - "Protect Worksheet" "Scott" wrote: > I have a workbook on my website.(two sheets) I only want my people to view > and print these sheets. How can I protect from deleting or changing the data? ...

adding multiple sheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I have a sheet for every month of expenses for my business. What is the easiest way to tally the totals for each category on those sheets into one sheet? Thanks, Tim This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0107_01CA96D7.6E7CAD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tim - I don't have an answer for your situation (separate sheets for each = month), but if you were starting over, the easiest way might be to keep...

How do I multiply the whole sheet by a number
I have budgeted in US$ instead of the local currency. Now, do to the dollar drop, y have to change the budget and would like to multiply the sheets by one factor. I use Office xp Here's a way to perform currency conversions: http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/InterFace/currency_conversion.htm -- Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy - "Ed1939" <Ed1939@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612AF4C5-A028-45E3-9A4D-2001C41C5BAF@microsoft.com... > I have budgeted in US$ instead of the local currency. Now, do to the dollar > ...

how to unit data in different sheet into one sheet?
I have same style data in differet sheet: sheet1 q ww w ww e r r e t r (and adding) sheet2 5 f 6 g d h e h g juh (adding) and in sheet3 I want automatic display: q ww w ww e r r e t r 5 f 6 g d h e h g juh any solutions? One play via non-array formulas .. In Sheet1, data is assumed in cols A & B, from row1 down Use an empty col to the right, say col E Put in E1: =IF(COUNTBLANK(A1:B1)=2,"",ROW()) Copy E1 down to say, E100, to cover the max expected data in cols A & B In Sheet2, data is assumed in cols A & B, from row1 down Use an empty col to the right, say col E...

Combine sheets in a workbook into one sheet?
Is this possible? I have about 100 Sheets, I need to make them into one sheet, ideally with a new field that has the name of the sheet each record came from, so I can export to a MysQL DB. Any insight appreciated! See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "msnyc07" <msnyc07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BD8D1D-B1F5-449A-ABDC-752862E95021@microsoft.com... > Is this possible? I have about 100 Sheets, I need to make them into one > sheet, ideally with a new field that has ...

i am looking for a stock take sheet format
I run a pub and wish to do my own stock taking. Does anyone have stock a format for stock take sheets? ...

Block a sheet from being unhidden
I was hiding a sheet and fooling myself that it was truly hidden. I discovered that by going to Format - Sheet - Unhide , the sheet is there on a list and can be unhidden. Very sad. Is there a way to hide the sheet so it is not visible on this list? TIA. Hi Fan, Use VBA sheets("sheetxxx").visible=xlveryhidden or use the properties for this sheet to select this. Wkr, JP "Fan924" <a924fan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6a77cd7f-0692-494b-b3bd-a79401dfd921@y10g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I was hiding a sheet and fooling myself that it was truly hidden. I ...

Is it possible to create a number of charts in a single sheet in an excel?
Hi, Is it possible to create a number of charts in a single sheet in an excel using a macro? Please can somebody help me with the same? Thanks and Regards, Sobha On 26 Apr 2007 20:35:48 -0700, i.sobha@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >Is it possible to create a number of charts in a single sheet in an >excel using a macro? > >Please can somebody help me with the same? > >Thanks and Regards, >Sobha I'm sure it is, but I don't know how. I'm sure that there are Excel volunteers who do, though. Please scroll down the list of subject areas on the webpage and re...

Filter, sort, lookup from other sheet
I am very new with excel and is tasked to do a project. I am pretty stucked and will be glad if I can get any help. I have a database sheet, a chart1 sheet and chart2 sheet. I am required to build graphs from certain information. The interface needs to be simple for anyone to use. 1) I need to extract data from col 'DP PPM' the database sheet where the col 'L'=1 and the col 'Week' matches the week in the chart1 sheet, else returns 0. I tried vlookup, but did not know how to input multiple conditions for the lookup. And vlookup only allows me to compare the first colum...

Help w/ summarizing a mess of excel data from different sheets?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I really appreciate any and all help from you experts!! So here's the example: I have a mess of data sheets with sales numbers from a lemonade stand. The sheets list the seller in rows (Johnny, Bobby, Sue), and then have several columns for each seller listing what each seller sold: lemonade, coke, pretzels...and how many of each of those they sold. These sellers and their sales numbers are listed on several worksheets in several workbooks from different weekends and different seasons. I need to combine all this information t...

Need help comparing data from two different excel workbook sheets
I'm new to VB coding. If anyone could help me I would be most grateful. I need help comparing data from two different excel files. I want to be able to compare sheet1 of a file (or workbook) to sheet1 for different excel file (or workbook). I wanted to automate this process. Basically, select two different excel files compare the data and output a third file with a graph indicating the data differences. But, having trouble writing the VB code. can anyone help me or direct to a site that could help me out a bit. regards, Tony ...

Entry data sheet automaticlly updates or adds data to differant sh
I have a workbook with several sheets these sheets are all the same eccept for the title. Colunms are Name, heat one, heat two, heat three, total. then I have a sheet that the colunms are Name, total How can I make the last sheet with the Name, and total more automatated. I would like for the Name colunm to be a dropdown of some sort to where it looks at all the other sheets for names when you see the name you want you click it. it then fills in the field with that name and puts the total from the sheet where the name came from in the total field. I could provide the xls file if ...

same data on all sheets
I need to copy a row to all pages in a sheet on the same row number but i don't want to use copy and paste function. Is there a way i can copy same data on multiple pages or sheets in a workbook. Thankx! If you select all the worksheets together (i.e., if you want to copy onto sheets 2 through 5, click your mouse on sheet 2 tab, hold down Shift key, and then click your mouse on sheet 5 tab -- now all sheets should be selected). You will need to use Copy/Paste, but if the data is to be copied on the same row on all sheets, you only need to do it once and it will paste onto all the s...

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text?
Question #1 When I select "Save as Web Page", click "Publish", check the "open published web page in browser" box, then click "Publish" again I encounter the following message: "A World Wide Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, is required to use this feature." However, I am only interested in saving as html text, nothing more than that -so maybe I should perform a different procedure? My ultimate goal is just to be able to import html text into Excel (which I already can do), modify the text in Excel and then save the updated tex...

password protected Sheet
Hi group, I password protected one sheet and now it seems that I can't unprotect it! I tried what I thought I had used as password with Caps on, or even Num Lock on and off, but it won't accept it. Believe it or not, I though I had used "dumbledore" for the password but I don't know why it wont' take it now. What can I do? Any help please? Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:04c401c4eddc$e3032a40$a4012...

Sheet offset function?
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. On each sheet I want to retriev a value from the sheet before without knowing the sheet names. ie. If am on the 3rd sheet, I want a value from the 2nd sheet, etc. Is ther any kind of sheet offset function? Or is there a function to lookup th sheet index from which I can subtract 1? Thanks Gavi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* use "...

arrange columns through sheet and multi sheets
good morning A B C D Equipment serial type model mudump 123 triplex 1600hp In another sheet A B C D Equipment serial model type mudump 123 1600hp 1600hp i need to collect "type" in column C without copy and paste because the data is too wide more than those items In Sheet2 row 1 place the necessary headers (which are similar to Sheet1 headers) and ColA with equipment name try the ...

how do i increase the rows in a excel balance sheet?
i've prepare a balance sheet for my company.In the excel balance sheet i can't enter more then 12 rows. what can i do/ "dass" <dass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33689BBB-8071-4E51-8D31-17579EB2BFF5@microsoft.com... > i've prepare a balance sheet for my company.In the excel balance sheet i > can't enter more then 12 rows. what can i do/ Could you be a bit more specific? Excel (at least in 2003 and prior) has over 60 THOUSAND rows. What EXACTLY do you mean by "can't enter more than 12 rows"? Excel 95 and earlier h...

How do I automatically rename a sheet with the contents of a cell.
Hi Michael, Right-Click the worksheet tab, select the 'View Code' option and paste the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo Cleanup: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then With Target Me.Name = .Value End With End If Cleanup: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Change A1 to the required cell reference, --- Regards, Norman "michaelspearin" <michaelspearin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

Copy something to more than one sheet at once
Hi! I have a workbook with 30 sheets and i forgot to put some formulas in 28 sheets(this is an example of my problem). Now I would like to put the same formula(it could be text of anything else) on the same places in those sheets(all 28 of them). How can that be done? Thanks. Marko Hi Marko Select the first of the 30 sheets, hold the shift button down and select the 30th sheet. This will group them and the word Group will appear at the top left of the screen. Anything you do to one sheet, whilst grouped will be reflected in all of the grouped sheets. Select the complete range containing...

freeze column and row on same spread sheet
freeze column and row on same spread sheet - will only freeze one or the other Select B2 and Freeze Panes. Column A and Row 1 will remain frozen. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:20:01 -0800, linda <linda @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >freeze column and row on same spread sheet - will only freeze one or the other This is somewhat version specific Click one cell below the bottom row you want frozen and on column to the right of the columns you want frozen. In Excel 2003 and earlier, Window menu, Freeze Panes (that is from memory for sure ...

Type a number and data appears from another sheet
I have a document that lists volunteers and their personal info (name, email, phone etc.) with the Week number (1-5) of the Sunday when they help out. Some volunteers are in age group K-2nd and the others are in 3rd-5th. What I am doing at the moment is sorting by Week number and then filtering by week number (e.g. 2 for the second Sunday of the month). I then copy that information to another sheet in the same workbook. What I would like to do is just type a week number e.g. 2 in A1 of "This Week" sheet and then somehow *magically* have all the people from both K-2nd and 3rd...

XL chart sheets Custom size for PPT
Hi folks, I have an app that uses XL chart sheets rather than charts on a worksheet. I prefer that, but am not married to that. But kinda like the approach of using chart sheets from experience over the years. Here's the issue: I have say the x and y axis and data value fonts set to 12 points Verdana. I use VBA code to copy the data sheet and the chart sheet to a new workbook and copy the color palette from the original workbook. I then save the file as somepath\filetokill.xls and then switch via code to PPT and use insert object to insert that chart and datasheet into PPT make sure it is...

Autofill Sheet names?
Hello My Excel 2003 workbook contains sheets labeled by month. In A1...=Jan!$B$6 Is there anyway to autofill the sheet name so that A2 contains =Feb!$b$6 etc -- Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated. Try this in A1: =INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(--ROW()&"-1","mmm")&"'!B6") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hello >My Excel 2003 workbook contains sheets labeled by month. > >In A1...=Jan!$B$6 >Is there anyway to autofill the sheet name so that A2 contains =Feb!$b$6 etc > > >-- >Thank-...

how do I change lookup sheet within formula?
I have a series of identical sheets mapping out employee holidays on an individual basis and I want to map them on to a summary sheet. I have posted a simple if formula into one row to extratc information from one sheet. Is there a way to copy this formula down the page to change the sheet name, but keep the rest of the formula identical? Thanks Yes using INDIRECT(). The below if applied and copied down will refer Sheet1!A1, Sheet2!A1 ,Sheet3!A1 and so on...Change to suit your tab names =INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROW(A1)&"'!a1") -- Jacob (MVP ...