Split combined date time data #2

From file dump have combined date time cells eg "14/04/03 14:20" (value
37725.59722).  Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate
cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722).   Is there a
fnc to do this?  (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell
less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively)
0
MarkAda (6)

See one answer in reply to your slightly later post.

In article <EDD7065A-E5AA-40AB-BF38-50707E04109B@microsoft.com>,
 "Mark Ada" <MarkAda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> From file dump have combined date time cells eg "14/04/03 14:20" (value
> 37725.59722).  Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate
> cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722).   Is there a
> fnc to do this?  (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell
> less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Vlookup return most recent date (value)
Hello, I have a set of data where Column A contains an personal ID# (001). Column B contains a timestamp. My table has multiple entries for each ID# and different timestamps for each entry. I want to use a vlookup to find the MOST RECENT timestamp for EACH ID. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan With your data in ColA/B and the query ID in cell C1 try the below =SUMPRODUCT(MAX(($A$2:$A$100=C1)*$B$2:$B$100)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ryanholliday" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a set of data where Column A contains an personal I...

More Columns #2

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Linking files 2 ways

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

data sort

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Goal Seek #2

Pulling data from separate tabs

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

predict future data

Formula for cross tab data filling

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Help with importing data

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

anyone else having problems with the 12.1.9 "autoupdate"? #2
Hi all... The 11.5.5 autoupdate worked fine. The 12.1.9 autoupdate downloads (apparently), but then it goes right back to showing that the 12.1.9 update is available -- the updater itself never actually launches. Busy servers, maybe -- and the download isn't ever actually completing? Or bad updater on the update server for 12.1.9? The manual download from Mactopia of 12.1.9 installed properly -- this is just the auto-update that's not working now. - Steve You're right, the auto-update fail. It should be pulled or a message sent instructing to update by downloading directly...

Contact oddity and why are there 2 Contact Lists?
Running Win 7, and was receiving emails in WLM with my maiden name listed in the TO:. I found out that I had my maiden name listed in Contacts (I run a high school mailing list here) so I decided to check it out and changed the last name to all caps. Sure enuf the next email I rec'd showed that name. I then deleted the email address connected to my name in the contact list and everything is back to "normal" (whatever that is <G>) Why in the world are there 2 contact lists on my computer......one thru WLM and one thru Windows Contacts? I'm confused. ...