spell check does not visually cycle through cells when run from macro?

I'm trying to recreate the same behavior in a macro that spellcheck has when
the spellcheck button is pressed.  The spellcheck does not cycle through the
cells visually when run from a macro, so when there is a misspelled word,
you cannot see the cell it is a part of.

If anyone knows how I can get this behavior to work, it would be GREATLY
appreciated.

I did a record new macro, and got code similar to the following:
Sub testSpelling()
    Range("F2:F500").Select
    Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
End Sub

thanks, dan

Dan,

Add the fiollowing to your code as shown:

, AlwaysSuggest:=True

Sub testSpelling()
Range("F2:F500").Select
Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033, AlwaysSuggest:=True
End Sub

I tried it and it brought the SpellCheck Dialog box to the scree
asking to change the offending word to the correct spelling.

Regards

Seamu

I can see the dialog box fine, my issue is that if a range of cells are
selected to check the spelling in, you can't tell which cell the current
misspelled word is in because it doesn't get highlighted when you run the
spellcheck from a macro.  This behavior is different than if you select a
range of cells and press the spellcheck button(then you can see which cell

"SOS >" <<SOS.12hf5k@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Dan,
>
> Add the fiollowing to your code as shown:
>
> , AlwaysSuggest:=True
>

> Sub testSpelling()
> Range("F2:F500").Select
> Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033, AlwaysSuggest:=True
> End Sub
>
> I tried it and it brought the SpellCheck Dialog box to the screen
> asking to change the offending word to the correct spelling.
>
> Regards
>
> Seamus
>

> ---

I was searching around looking for the answer to this same question.
can't see the cells that the spell checker is currently checking i
those cells were off the page when the spell checker started.

I am simply using this:

Sheets(2).Activate
Cells.CheckSpelling

What do I need to add?

Thanks,

Nic

Wrap Text from one cell to another cell
I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Please help. "bras" wrote: > I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to > automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. > > The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Copied from the help file:- Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Have y...

Retrieving Data from a Column / Row to populate a cell
I currently have data supplied to me in an Excel spreadsheet that I to transfer manually I would like this to populate a cell reference, the problem I have is that I cannot gather a train of thought to obtain the data from from a specific row/column. There is a sample of the data supplied to me below Name In Out Int Greg 165 108 29 09 July 2003 42 34 9 14 July 2003 44 19 4 16 July 2003 40 40 8 17 July 2003 39 15 8 Andrew 125 43 9 1...

Assign Macro to button in Excel doesnt work Any ideas?
I have followed the instructions in help but when I get to step 3 "right click to bring up shortcut menu & enter Assign Macro" the assign macro" option does not appear!! Any Ideas Hi Mike can you see assign macro - but it is greyed out? or is it not an option at all? if it is greyed out you'll notice around the button little diagonal lines, click on these and they should go furryish .. now try right mouse clicking. if the option is not there at all, please post back letting us know how you created the button. Cheers JulieD "Mike@Becketts" <Mike@B...

How can I change which cell is selected next, other than Down, Le.
I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find it on the "Help" menu. Hi Bethany tools / options / edit "move selection after enter" -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Bethany" <Bethany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50CD805D-F385-4457-9363-5C3A3EF7825D@microsoft.com... >I know there should be a simple answer to this question, but I can't find >it > on the "Help" menu. tools->options->edit and select one of...

Copy Cell or Column without advancing formula reference?
I have a spreadsheet with formulas referring to another worksheet. I need to copy the columns however, each time I do, the formulas advance to another cell. Which is an incorrect reference, skewing my results. You need to modify the formulas to use absolute references. Edit each of the cell addresses in the formula and put $ (dollar signs) in front of the column letters. "sgluntz" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with formulas referring to another worksheet. I need to > copy the columns however, each time I do, the formulas advance to another > cell. Which is an...

Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming
Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ From $15.99 - up Computers,Note Books,Software,Hardware,Gaming,Visual,PDA's and more Free shipping and handling for a limited time! Brand new store! GREAT COMPUTER DEALS! http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ Closing thread -- Phil Melek Microsoft Corp. ...

Creating an "Empty" Cell
I have an IF statement that puts "" in cell based on a certain condition. But when I go to chart that cell (along with adjacent cells), that cell gets charted as a ZERO. I would like it to get charted as an "Empty" cell which would leave a gap in the line graph. I want the gap in the line graph indicating that there was no data for that period. I do NOT want to chart a ZERO. The question is . . . is there anyway in an IF statement to say based on a certain condition, make the cell BLANK or EMPTY (especially if the cell previously had data)? Thanks. Ch...

how to run Powerpoint slideshow inside a dialog
Hi All, I am trying to display powerpoint slides in a dialog create by my application. if(m_pptapp.m_lpDispatch == NULL) { if(!m_pptapp.CreateDispatch("Powerpoint.Application")) { AfxMessageBox("Could not create Powerpoint object."); return; } } m_pptapp.SetVisible((long)1); Presentations presentations; SlideShowSettings slideshow; presentations = m_pptapp.GetPresentations(); m_pptpresentation = presentations.Open("R:\\Internals.ppt",(long)0, (long)-1,(long)1 ); slideshow = m_pptpresentation.GetSlideShowSettings(); slide...

Count Cell Range
I am having problems figuring out a Count command within a certain range. This is what I am looking for If Cells D1:D20 are less than Cell B2, Count the total cells that are less than B2 I know this is probably easy, but i just font get it Thanks again -- discgolfer_1999 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ discgolfer_1999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27821 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473667 Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(D1:D20,"<"&B2) Biff "...

Excel Macros #4
I am running Excel 2003 and when I start one of my worksheets I get a message about the worksheet having macros. When I go to Tools Macros there are none listed. I did attempt to create a macro years ago, under Excel 97 but I could never find it or use it. How can I get rid of any macro remnent when it does not show in the list of macros. The security message is a pain in the neck when I know that there is no macro in existance Thanks of any help DJT When you record a macro, Excel creates a module in which the code is stored. When you delete the macro, the module is not automatically de...

formal cell
Can I format a column of zip codes listed 98221-9879 to read 98221? Howeth? Susan, =left(text, number of characters) e.g., =left(b1, 5) HTH Regards, Kevin "Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054d01c39daa$5c87a320$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can I format a column of zip codes listed 98221-9879 to > read 98221? > Howeth? don't believe that formatting can do this (probably wrong <<vbg>>) anyway in an adjacent cell enter Left(a1,5) and copy down where a1 is your 98221-9879 HTH "Susan" <anonymous@discussion...

Using a formula in a Hyperlink Cell reference
I have a workbook with approx 60 worksheets in it. I have set up hyperlinks on the 1st sheet to take me directly to the worksheet I want to see. Is there any way of using a function in the Hyperlink cell reference, so the link will automatically position me at the right cell on the target sheet? I thought I could use the COUNTA function to determine the first non-blank cell, but the hyperlink doesn't seem to like it. Hi what HYPERLINK formula are you currently using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sslabbe" <sslabbe@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb i...

error msg to run inbox repair tool
Pointing to ext of .pst file and there are no .pst files in the system. Pointers seem to be off, error is giving me the path is not correct, do I reload Outlook? I cannot determine where the system is looking for the files, nor can I find where I modify the search path. I am currently running Outlook Express w/no problem. Problem seemed to have come up when downloading upgrades. My current ISP says it is Microsoft problem, any suggestions? ...

emmbedding graphics to cells?
I need to pull graphics from a worksheet list to a worksheet for report. I inserted the graphics into cells and called those cells t appear in another sheet and the number 0 returned instead of th graphic. Any help would be great. Anna: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Those objects actually sit above the worksheet (like on another layer). You can't retrieve them using formulas. Maybe a macro??? "Anna Que <" wrote: > > I need to pull graphics from a worksheet list to a worksheet for a > report. I inserted the graphics into cells and called ...

merged cells and creating charts
I have tried to create a chart with data that is in merged cells where I have put in a formula to calculate the average of 4 cells in the row above. When I create the chart, it recognizes all 4 of the merged cells. So the graph has 4 spaces for the data for each number I am trying to plot. I just got 2007 version and do not recall this problem at all in 2003 version Merged cells are to be avoided at all costs. They can be used for column heading but for little else. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Troubled...

How do I hide formulas in Excel cells?
I have a worksheet with lots of different formulas. I need to have the complete sheet show the formulas and not the results. I did this before a few years ago but don't remember how. I am working on Excel 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TOOLS / OPTIONS / FORMULAS HTH, Gary Brown "Rita" wrote: > I have a worksheet with lots of different formulas. I need to have the > complete sheet show the formulas and not the results. I did this before a > few years ago but don't remember how. I am working on Excel 2000. Any help > would be gr...

Schedule a Macro with Windows Task Manager
I am trying to do so, but it is not working. My .bat file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb /x Marco Name Is this correct? hi, On 03.03.2010 20:44, lindag wrote: > I am trying to do so, but it is not working. > > My .bat file: > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 > E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb /x Marco Name > > Is this correct? No, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209207 You need to specifiy the Access executable, e.g.: Set ACCESS = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10...

Automatic Cell Re-sizing
I have created a spreadsheet that is to be completed by several people. Some of the cells in the spreadsheet are protected appart rom the ones to be completed by the users. On those cells 'Wrap Text' is enabled, is it possible to make those cells re-size automatically when they type to much text to fit in the viewable area ? Any help would be much appreciated.... Thanks Tappie If you're saying that you have unlocked cells with Wrap Text set then, as long as they are not merged cells and you haven't manually adjusted the cell's row height, their row heights sh...

Prevent cells with no value from being plotted on chart
I have a chart based on cells that are the result of a calculation. The cells show empty if the data used for the calculation is not yet available (future data). As a result, as my chart shows the whole year, the line drops and remains to zero after the last available set of data. Excel will let me prevent an empty cell of being plotted but since there is a fornmula is the cell, it is not considered empty, and therefore displayed. How can I prevent these cells to be plotted on the chart? Thanks Vince You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(B2="",NA(),B...

Formula for moving target in macro
Hi I am very used to making macros with Lotus123 ... yes, the oldie one. But now i am lost with Excel. Lets say i am in a column F for ex. The number of lines is not constant. I want to copy the formula in F9 to cells frim F10 to the end of the ciolumn. In Lotus i would go to the {end}{bottom} How do i do in Excel ? I am really lost with this VB language. Help is very welcome. Michel "Michel" <.@.> wrote... >I am very used to making macros with Lotus123 ... yes, the oldie one. >But now i am lost with Excel. > >Lets say i am in a column F for ex. >The number o...

Excel XP 2002 compatibility with older versions (macros)
I have developed a spreadsheet that has macros in it. I have sent it out to be used by others, but an error message pops up when those with older versions of Excel try to use the macro. Is there something I can do to make this macro work for those with older versions of Excel? That depends entirely on exactly WHAT the error message is. If you are using VBA functions that correspond to features not available in the older version(s) of Excel, then you'll have to remove that code. Potentially you can alter it to do it the "old" way so that it works, or you can perform a tes...

Cell/X Axis Issue
My chart pulls data from another spreadsheet and populates the chart. The X axis pulls 2 cells and one has each word in it, i.e. one cell has 'Facility' and the other has 'Complaint'. On the other spreadsheet, the cells are one above the other like: Facility Complaint The issue is that the word 'Facility' ends up being perpendictular to 'Complaint' in the axis and I would like to have them both horizontal. This is a screenshot so you have an idea what I'm talking about: http://i41.tinypic.com/fc8x6x.jpg Hi, If you use Excel's default axis for bot...

group cells....
Hi I've following information wanted to group by first column and show the sum of quantities: a b c ---- ----- ------ 123 10.8 123 20.2 123 44 124 2 124 11 124 45 The desired result: a b c ---- ----- ------ 123 10.8 75 -> sum(10.8+20.2+44) 123 20.2 123 44 124 2 58 -> sum(2+11+45+0) 124 11 124 45 124 0 note: I don't want to write sum(a1:a3) , ... because it depends on the number of rows has the same value. any help would greatly appricieted. -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail c...

VB code to place rounded time beside cell of present date
Hi I am looking for the VB code for a button that places the time into the cell? The time should be placed into a cell right of the cell that is marked a the present date A B 21 22 23 23 July is present date, format "d". The button places the present time. Is it possible to have that time rounded off to the last 15 min quarter? 07.18 > 07.15 07.27 > 07.15 So: A B 21 07.15 22 07.45 Thanks a lot. Bart Bart, Sub BartMacro() Dim myR As Range Set myR = Range("A:A").Find(What:=Format(Now, "d")) myR.Offset(0, 1).Value = Int((Now - Int(Now)) * 96)...

duplicate cells #2
I have a large spreadsheet consisting of Names and addresses . there are a good many that are duplicates. Is there a way to sort the duplicates so that I can copy them to another folder. Not sure whether you've read/tried the 2 responses to your earlier post? re by Paul B and Bob Phillips: http://tinyurl.com/7cc4j -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Richard Mahan Sr" <dmachen35@home.com> wrote in message news:uMCmuHbwFHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a large spreadsheet consisting of Names and addre...