spell check does not visually cycle through cells when run from macro?

I'm trying to recreate the same behavior in a macro that spellcheck has when
the spellcheck button is pressed.  The spellcheck does not cycle through the
cells visually when run from a macro, so when there is a misspelled word,
you cannot see the cell it is a part of.

If anyone knows how I can get this behavior to work, it would be GREATLY
appreciated.

I did a record new macro, and got code similar to the following:
Sub testSpelling()
    Range("F2:F500").Select
    Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
End Sub

thanks, dan

Dan,

Add the fiollowing to your code as shown:

, AlwaysSuggest:=True

Sub testSpelling()
Range("F2:F500").Select
Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033, AlwaysSuggest:=True
End Sub

I tried it and it brought the SpellCheck Dialog box to the scree
asking to change the offending word to the correct spelling.

Regards

Seamu

I can see the dialog box fine, my issue is that if a range of cells are
selected to check the spelling in, you can't tell which cell the current
misspelled word is in because it doesn't get highlighted when you run the
spellcheck from a macro.  This behavior is different than if you select a
range of cells and press the spellcheck button(then you can see which cell

"SOS >" <<SOS.12hf5k@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Dan,
>
> Add the fiollowing to your code as shown:
>
> , AlwaysSuggest:=True
>

> Sub testSpelling()
> Range("F2:F500").Select
> Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033, AlwaysSuggest:=True
> End Sub
>
> I tried it and it brought the SpellCheck Dialog box to the screen
> asking to change the offending word to the correct spelling.
>
> Regards
>
> Seamus
>

> ---

I was searching around looking for the answer to this same question.
can't see the cells that the spell checker is currently checking i
those cells were off the page when the spell checker started.

I am simply using this:

Sheets(2).Activate
Cells.CheckSpelling

What do I need to add?

Thanks,

Nic

pasting into merged cells #2
Every time I try to copy and paste data into a merged cell I get error messages about the cells not being the same size. Even if I try to just paste values only. Is there any workaround or fix for this??? Dennis Try pasting into the formula bar. It's a pain, but it works. HTH Carole >-----Original Message----- >Every time I try to copy and paste data into a merged cell I get error >messages about the cells not being the same size. Even if I try to just >paste values only. Is there any workaround or fix for this??? > >Dennis > > >. > See my res...

No macro's but still macro warning
Hi, I opened an Excel '97 template containing macro's in Excel 2003 . I removed all macro's from menu Extra | Macro's and saved it. But still when opening this template a macro warning asks [Disable macro's] [Enable macro's] [Help] Apparently something about macro's is still in there. How to remove this so I can raise macro protection back to High. Any suggestions ? TIA, John7. Remove the module -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "John7" <NoSp@m.no> wrote in message news:ef8mo7$phj$1@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl... >...

How to Filter cells and save the file with certain criteria?
Hello. I have a Excel file that contains a large list of Tracking Numbers. The tracking numbers are from two sets of order types- Internet orders and Mail Orders. Orders that are from the Internet are matched up with a order number such as "5678". Orders from the mail-order side are designated by initials "MO". So in Excel it'll look something like this: trackingnumber orderid 123365656666 5467 152155896345 5468 123365634567 MO 152134567789 5469 152151234563 MO Is there a way to eliminate the Mail-Order rows and save the Excel file to ...

Check this update for MS Windows
--qyvlrvkybmjf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hwrqgqycrxi"; type="multipart/alternative" --hwrqgqycrxi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lvllmcrxbhi" --lvllmcrxbhi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabil...

Highlight Cells with different values
Hi, I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use the F5---Special---Column Differences. But I wanted to know if I can do it with Conditional Formatting. Like if Value in A1 is different than the values in Column A:A, then it is highlighted... Any help appreciated Fuad Sounds like an Excel question..try one of the Excel newsgroups, this one is for Publisher. "Fuad" <Fuad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0536FB95-362E-412F-BD1C-99BF9B10E8CD@microsoft.com... | Hi, | | I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use th...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi, What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present in a workbook? Thanks, Craig Dim Sht as object set sht = nothing on error resume next set sht = activeworkbook.sheets("somesheetnamehere") on error goto 0 if sht is nothing then msgbox "nope" else msgbox "yep" end if Craig Brandt wrote: > > Hi, > > What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present > in a workbook? > > Thanks, > Craig -- Dave Peterson Dave: Thanks for the quick response. Works like a champ, Craig &q...

cell protection to allow GROUP/UNGROUP function
2 asthetic questions for all you advanced Excel Users.... Q1. is it possible to protect a worksheet, but still be able to us the +GROUP & -UN GROUP buttons ? to expand / contract the viewe ranges? Q2. anyone know how to change the colour of the AUTO FILTER button - i changes from black to dark blue when activated - i would like to hav this with more contrast and so it jumps out at you ( and the othe plebs in the office who keep forgetting) Regards David ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dire...

I do not want to see grammar checks for passive voice
Every document I type has a grammar error indicating "passive voice" might want to consider revising. I do not have a good understanding of what passive voice means and I really do not want to see it so I am wondering if there is a setting in the grammar check that I can deselect to turn off the passive voice check? ...

macros have gone missing in Outlook 2003
For some reason, my macros are no longer showing up in Outlook 2003. I have no clue as to what's going on. I still have the VbaProject.OTM file in my "Documents and Settings\Walter\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" folder, if that matters -- I can't figure out any way to make Outlook aware of it. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Walter ...

How do I protect one single cell?
I have a spreadsheet where people are going to type in numbers, and the final cell is a total, which of course I don't want people to accidentally type over, as it will lose the formula behind it. So...... I put some "data validation" behind that cell, to say only allow entries of text length = 50 - a kind of "mock" condition. Nobody'e ever gonna type in 50 chars. are they?! And sure enough, typing in (eg) 854221 brings up the error box to stop them, just like (eg) HHJSYT brings up the error box to stop them. I even unchecked the ignore blank" box, so that ent...

RDNS Check
I have enabled Reverse DNS Check. SPAM is coming in marked with RDNS Failed but it's still coming in. I thought RDNS would stop the message if it was not verified by DNS. Did I miss something in the setup? Thanks -- NC Beach Bum NC Beach Bum <NCBeachBum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have enabled Reverse DNS Check. SPAM is coming in marked with RDNS Failed >but it's still coming in. I thought RDNS would stop the message if it was >not verified by DNS. Did I miss something in the setup? No, but you've overestimated the effect of using this ...

macro for work book
How can I write a macro to have it refresh data and text to column/ fixed width How can I develop this macro not for a sheet but for a work book. Thanks Daniel Daniel; Hate to say so, but I don't understand anything of your question. Also, what does this have to do with "Excel charts"? -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Daniel" wrote: > How can I write a macro to have it refresh data and text to column/ fixed width > > How can I develop this macro not for a sheet but for a work book. > > Thanks > Daniel > ...

How to total cells in a range with data input
Greetings to all members I am running Excel 97. An office colleague presented me with an issue that might be of interest to any Excel whiz and seasoned programmers. I would certainly appreciate any pointers in solving it. So here goes. The set of values includes 33 cells ranging from B4:D14. The data type is numeric. Data is only input in a few cells. QUESTION What would be the function to enter in, say, cell A15 to indicate the total number of cells in range B4:D14 that have received data input? Or does it involve some behind the scene VBA programming? EXAMPLE B6 = 9 C9 = 4 D11 ...

running excel in background
I'd like to run a program that writes values from one cell to another with a VBA program that is triggered by the clock. I've completed this part but, since I use active cells, you can't run another workbook without the clock activating the cell in the active worksheet. It needs to run in the background all day long. - ideas? will it run in the background if I don't activate cells? Try launching another instance of Excel. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Don" <thedonallen@yahoo.com&g...

The recalcitrant active cell.
I am way over in column EO, reconnoitring data, when I need assistance of a "what if", I activate the auto filter, and the active cell jumps back to A1. any workarounds for this annoying habit? Thanks in advance. Works for me, if I filter on something in one column and the active cell is there as well it won't change to A1 2 guesses, your active cell was A1 from the start even though you filtered on EO you have a recorded macro that was setup to go back to A1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message news:u3PI%...

Stop running sum(Over All) when customer change
Dear All I hv report based on tblTransaction which contains many customers with their transactions by date wise. I grouped report on CustomerID sub Group by Fromat(trnDate,”MMM-YY”) to get monthly transactions for each customer. I made calculated field to obtained closing balance with running sum over Group. I want to make the Running sum – over all but when customers is changing it must stop and start again, by default it will give running sum of all the customer, exactly this I don’t want. Any idea to stopped or make running sum based on customer when month is changing it ...

How to best imitate using Word macros in Outlook 2007
In my previous Office 2003 setup, I used Word for email editing, allowing me to use Word macros to generate common sections of text in the emails, etc. I see that in Office 2007, the email editor does not support the Word object model. How do I program a macro that would allow me to enter a certain text in the Outlook message under 2007? Thank you. What happens when you try using the Outlook Macro editor? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, AMolotkov asked: | In my previous Office 2003 setup, ...

How To Add Rows and Cells in The Table Using IHTMLTable
Hello Everyone, I am currently working on the DHTML Dialog Based Application. I have been stucked due to a problem, which is that my HTML Page contains a HTML Table element and a button, i want my application to add rows and cells on the click event of that button. I have captured the event of the button but i am unable to add rows and cells in the table. Can anyone tell me how to acheive that by using the IHTMLTable interface. Thanks in advance. From, Ghazanfar Ali. "Ghazanfar Ali" <ghazanfarali17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uMq8CiCjFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gb...

Merge data by macro
Hi all, I got data in column A and B as show below. Row A B ......col 1 ID DATA ...headings 2 XY01 Record 3 Time 4 Left 5 XY02 Time 6 Right 7 XY03 System 8 Record 9 Time 10 Left I need macro which should merge column B data and put result in column C as shown below Row A C ......col 1 ID DATA ...headings 2 XY01 Record Time Left 3 4 5 XY02 Time Right 6 7 XY03 System Record Ti...

How to keep mail on the pop server when checking with Outlook
Hi Everyone, I have two machines. 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the server. 2 A PC that whenever I check mail it deletes all messages on the server. How do I set the PC to leave the messages on the server?? Jeff In your POP account properties in Outlook. Note - you're gonna have to delete the messages from the server somewhere/sometime, or your mailbox will get full & start bouncing mail. J. Moss wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have two machines. > > 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the > server. > > 2 A PC that wh...

email spell check right mouse problem
Using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as the email editor. Sometimes When a word is misspelled and gets highlighted with the red wavy underline if I right click over it the menu choices are for Signature items like Primary and Secondary. Sometimes it the spelling options are listed. So far I have not been able to determine what circumstances determine which menu will be activated. For my part I dont need to see the signature options and if I did I would put the mouse over the signature. Is there correction for this or a work around this problem? It sounds like you are typing in the signatur...

Spell Check + Holidays
Need a little help I am using outlook 2007. I have it on two different computers. On one of them the Spell checks while I am typing. On the other one it only spells check when i get ready to send. I want both of them to spell check while I am typing, so how do I set that up? Second, how to I add US Holidays to the Outlook Calendar? TIA= Hal 1. check tools, options, spelling tab, spelling and autocorrection. 2. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ht...

format cell to change color when copied
I do alot of cut and pasting. Is there a code that will change the color of a cell if I right click to copy it, so I can track what I have worked on? Thanks, Tawnee -- tawnee jamison ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tawnee jamison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16137 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346063 Tawnee Can be done, but you'll soon end up not knowing which was which. Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, _ Cancel As Boolean) ...

A Macro that will cut and paste to specific cell
I import tables from web into excel. These tables vary in size. Therefore one day the first table may go from A:7 to P:20 then the second table starts at A:22 and ends at P:40 and so on. Then the next day the first table may be A:7 to P:12 and the second A:14 to P:33. I need each table to have the same starting point each day. I have been cutting and pasting each individule table to achieve this. Is there a macro that can do this or a macro at the very least if highlight the table will then cut and paste for me to a specific cell. Thank you for any help you can give Hi, can you send me...

Macro for Save As
I am looking for help with a macro that will run save as and place the file in the same path as the file being saved as and adding a back to the end of the file before .xls. Origional file B:\One\Two\Origional.xls Save as file B:\One\Two\Origionalback.xls Thank you In principal, thsi is waht you are looking for: ================== Sub SaveAsBAckUp() NFN = Left(ActiveWorkbook.Name, Len(ActiveWorkbook.Name) - 4) & "BACK" FULL = ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & NFN & ".XLS" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FULL End Sub =============...