Specifying next cell to "jump" to

When a user completes as much of a specified cell range as necessary an
wishes to move on to the next range, I would like to give them a
option to go "automatically" to the first cell of the next range a
opposed to having to tab through the remainder of the range or click i
the first cell of the range they wish to go to.  For example, the firs
range is A10 through D25.  After inputting data in D15, the user want
to go to the next range, the first cell of which is A30.  How can th
user most quickly and easily go from D15 to A30?

I appreciate your help

One way is to select all cells that you want to fill in.
Ctrl-1
Uncheck Locked on the protection Tab
Protect your sheet

If you use the Tab key now instead of the Enter key
it will do what you want

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"tsac1234 >" <<tsac1234.18boho@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:tsac1234.18boho@excelforum-nospam.com...
> When a user completes as much of a specified cell range as necessary and
> wishes to move on to the next range, I would like to give them an
> option to go "automatically" to the first cell of the next range as
> opposed to having to tab through the remainder of the range or click in
> the first cell of the range they wish to go to.  For example, the first
> range is A10 through D25.  After inputting data in D15, the user wants
> to go to the next range, the first cell of which is A30.  How can the
> user most quickly and easily go from D15 to A30?
>
> I appreciate your help.
>

> ---

rondebruin (3790)

'jumping' a specified number of rows
It would save me a whole lot of trouble if I would be able to specify how many rows I want to go down or up on a list. It would be handy if I would be able to jump for example 19 rows down when I press page down or the normal 'down arrow' on my keyboard. Any suggestion on how to move the cursor a specified amount of cells up or down is very welcome! Thank you! robby --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The middle mouse button has some scroll options in Control Pane otherwise you need a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Specifying next cell to jump to using Tab
I'm using an Excel sheet for a form that using would fill out. Some of the cells are to fill and other cells are labels and guidance text. Is it possible to specify which cell the cursor jumps to when hitting the Tab key? So when the user is in a cell to be filled in, by hitting Tab, he'd jump to the next cell for entry. Thx Maybe Data > Form would work better for you. See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:%23OKGNulQGHA...

PUB 2002 When printing booklet text jumps to next page
I have Pub 2002. When I view the publication on my computer the text is where I want it, but when I print it, some of the text jumps to the next page. How can I stop the text from moving? Are the text boxes linked? Do you have a picture that is wrapped? Are your margins placed in such a way your printer can accommodate them? Check your printer limitations; go here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag Is your printer driver current? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Shannondoe" <Shannondoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

create a link on a page to jump to another spot
Hi im trying to create anchors and links on the same page example Doula Topic jumps to the explanation of the meaning of Doula further down the page. Publisher You have to code it yourself see http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=79 David Bartosik www.publishermvps.com "Isa das" wrote: > Hi im trying to create anchors and links on the same page example > > Doula Topic jumps to the explanation of the meaning of Doula further down > the page. > > Publisher ...

Stop jumping forms
I was wondering if there is any way you can stop Access forms which are maximized in code from jumping a bit when you open them. Robert "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote in message news:4690d24e$0$8840$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net... >I was wondering if there is any way you can stop Access forms which are >maximized in code from jumping a bit when you open them. Mine doesn't jump with a 128 MB video card and maximizing in the Open event. I think that the card speed doesn't matter, but it since it could, I mentioned it. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP,...

Jump To URL issue
Report A jumps to Report B...good Report B opens in new window...good I have a parameter input box in Report B that is supposed to get populated from parameter in Report A...Not working. 1. How do I make this work 2. Is this efficient or is there a better way of doing this? 3. I did jump to report but couldn't open it in a new window. Help? 4. Also when REPORT B opens, parameters need to be hidden, and subscription stuff needs to be hidden ="javascript:void(window.open('http://ReportServer/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fReports%2fWork_Orders_Past_Due&...

MMF Money Market Fund prices jumping all over
I have holdings in a money market fund whose price is kept always at $1. Money 2006 Premium keeps downloading "updates" for this fund that make the price jump between $1.00 and $4.94 - $4.98. I delete the bogus prices from the price history, but they keep coming back. There are no transactions recorded at this price, but it sure makes my net worth jump around a lot. What's going on, and how can I make it stop doing that? I fixed it (maybe) by creating a new investment and rebuilding the transaction history. We'll see what happens next. "Paul Pedersen&quo...

jump to url in another browser window
In a report there is a field that is a hyperlink that takes the user to our intranet and displays further information based on the hyperlinked field. Here is the Jump to Url expression line that is used; ="http://mxintranet/Databases/DAs/DA.html?_Action=View&ID=" & Fields!ID.Value This line work fine and goes where it should. The only drawback is that the new information opens in the same window. How would this Jump to Url be able to open in a new browser window? Be specific as a SSRS novice (very novice) will be reading the reply. Thanks.... John N...

jump from a cell to the next appropriate cell
I have built up an invoice sheet. Many of the cells are not required so I have lock/protected them How do I get jump from only the unlocked cells. Not be able to 'land on' a protected cell or using the tab or enter key, to jump from a cell to the next appropriate cell? Can I control this flow? Thanks Terry Have you applied sheet protection [Tools > Protection > Protect sheet] ? When protection is applied, pressing the tab key repeatedly will jump the cursor straight to / from an unlocked cell to the next unlocked cell (it will cycle through all unlocked cells in the sheet...

Curse Of The Jumping Cursor
I have an Acer laptop with Windows Vista Home Edition. Ever since I purchased it I've had a problem with the cursor jumping from one point on the screen to another. I place the cursor on a button or thread I want to open but the cursor jumps to another part of the screen. Also, it locks up some- times when I am trying to scroll and the scroll bar takes off like a rocket. Other times I'll be dragging the scroll bar and it will snap back to it's original position. Any solution? It's an Acer. I warned people about you get what you pay for. Acer = junk. Get HP (my fav...

Make typing "jump" to matching item(s) in drop-down list?
Is there any way to make a drop-down list work so that typing causes a "jump" to a matching item in the list? For example, if the list includes "chair," can it be formatted so that typing c-h- brings up "chair" in the drop-down list? This would be a huge time-saver in lengthy drop-down lists. We can make Access do it--can Excel? If you show the Control toolbox toolbar (view|Toolbars), you can add a Combobox from that toolbar. Rightclick on it and choose properties. You'll be able to set the linkedcell, listfillrange, style, and matchentry properties to...

macro: jump to cell in next sheet
Hey, you guys are so helpful, so I'll try it once again: I am trying to have a button in a sheet of my workbook that runs macro that will then jump to a specified cell in the next sheet. However, the next sheet is hidden. Also, I want the sheet that contain the button to hide once the button is clicked. In the end, I want to end up with a workbook where users are taken fro sheet to sheet when they click on the buttons in the sheets, while the can only see the active sheet. The workbook itself is protected, and s are the sheets (some cells are unlocked). Thanks! a -- Message posted ...

How to jump date?
I entered a date in A1 and dragged it, due to dragging it increase at the interval of one. I want to jump my date two times at the end of the week. Simply I want to jump my weekly off and want only working days by dragging it. Please help. Regards Akhilesh Dalia akhileshdalia<at>hotmail<dot>com You could put a date in A1, then in B1 add =A1+1+(WEEKDAY(A1)=6)*2 then drag that formula down -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Akhilesh Dalia" <AkhileshDalia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6351E09B-510F-41B6...

Jump to A Sheet
I have a Excel file that contains several worksheets. Can I create a "homepage" sheet with links to the other sheets? I do this with a "menu" sheet and the other sheet names typed in. Then right click on the cell with the name. Right click sheet tab>view code>insert this Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Application.DisplayAlerts = False Dim WantedSheet As String WantedSheet = Trim(ActiveCell.Value) If WantedSheet = "" Then Exit Sub On Error Resume Next If Sheets(WantedSheet) Is Nothing Then ...

Matching Transactions Jumps Ahead
I am currently using M$2007 Deluxe. For some of my accounts I have it download transactions from my bank. I've noticed a weird issue that I am not sure why it is happening. In my checkbook, I mark transactions that have been paid via automatic debit as "EFT" in the check number field. When the transactions are downloaded, Money wants to match the downloaded transaction with the next month's payment as opposed to the payment that was just made. For example: I have an entry in my checkbook for "Cable Company" on 01/15 for $50. I've edited this transaction ...

Immediately jump to next cell?
I have a chart with 5 rows and in each cell will be only one number. How to create that immediately after I insert a single number it jumps to next cell below without even pressing enter? Thanks in advance! You cannot do this. When you are entering data in a cell, Excel needs some type of signal that you have finished with that cell. ENTER or Tab or mouse-click or arrow out of the cell. Code will not work while in editing mode so VBA will not get you there either. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:54:51 +0100, ivankamastelic@yahoo.com wrote: >I have a chart with 5 rows an...

Cursor Jumps to top of Outlook 2007 Email Message
On a couple of our desktop computers running Office 2007 on Windows XP with HTML as the Outlook email format, the cursor jumps to the top of the window rather than scroll down as the user is typing a message that exceeds the size of the message window. It happens only from time to time, but the same two people are the only ones having the problem. Any ideas as to the cause or a possible fix? Thanks in advance, Pat What settings do they have that others who do not experience this issue have? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion inta...

? Changing Column for "Jump Key" in List Control
Hi, When you press a key in a list control, it jumps to the next item whose first-column text begins with that key. I am looking for a way to change that, so that pressing a key jumps to an item based on a different column. I don't mean just reordering the columns, so that the first column appears in a different position, but actually using a different column. I looked around for an answer, but only found a couple of others who /asked/ this (and did not get responses). :( Is it even possible? I could swear that I have seen it, or read of a way to do it. (On this topic, does anyone know...

How to auto-jump to next cell after list value choice
How to have the cursor focussed on another field after choosing a value from the list? In My case, I want to focus on the sublist right of the first cell. Is it possible to have the list flap down autometically? Like in Access. Bart ...

make Hyperlink jump on the top row
All, I have quite a few hyperlinks in a workbook. Some of them are in cells and some in objects. When I click on the hyperlinked cell or object i want that cell to become the top row. I was able to solve the problem for hyperlinks in the cell by using the following code Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = ActiveCell.Row End Sub Problem is that this does not work for hyperlinks in the objects. is there a way to make the hyperlinked cell become the top row when hyperlink is residing in an object such as a square or ...

Combobox Dropdown jump to selections starting with E's
Hello, I have a combobox field with selections starting from A through Z. When I click on the combobox I need the drop down to skip down to the E's - Z's. In other words skip all the A's, B's, C's, D's and start with the E's. I still want the ability to scroll up into the A's through D's. Could you help me with this? Thanks. Iram/mcp Iram wrote: >I have a combobox field with selections starting from A through Z. When I >click on the combobox I need the drop down to skip down to the E's - Z's. In >other words skip all ...

Cursor jumps to A1 every recalculation; how to stop this?
I use Excel to insert MSN stock quotes automatically into a worksheet. It works great. Now something has changed. Everytime the worksheet recalculates, the cursor jumps to A1. What did I do to turn this feature on? How do I turn it off? I guess it could be something in your code. can you post a copy of the spreadsheet so i can verify it? regards Juan Carlos -- cscorp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cscorp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24015 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

How can I stop my 'tab' key from jumping multiple columns in Exce.
For some reason I skip about 10 columns when I press my tab key. It used to be where it only scrolled over 1 column. Does anyone know how to fix this? Jesse Tools>Options>Transition. Uncheck "transition navigation keys" and the two boxes below also unless you want Lotus emulation. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:32:09 -0700, "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For some reason I skip about 10 columns when I press my tab key. It used to >be where it only scrolled over 1 column. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...

Jump to the item in a list as the first letter is pressed
I have couple of large lists with alphabetised data. Is it possible to have intellisense, like if P is pressed on the keyboard, it should jump to P, if H then jump to first name with H as the first letter, like that. It does not happen with the lists I have(by default)?Is this possible? Thnx Here is one way you could try, but it will go there and filter at th same time (you may or may not want it) :shock: If your list is in contiguous rows and columns, meaning no blank rows no blank columns, then setup autofilter. The dropdown list accept first letter Autofilter is setup using toolbar&...

Subreport out of synch when manually jump page numbers
I have a main report with a subreport, linked Child-Master. My report & subreport works fine if I use the Next page button. It also works fine if I manually enter the NEXT page number. But the problem is when I manually enter a page number that is not next in line (jump 2 or more pages). My main report jumps to the correct number, but my subreport does not jump -- it only increments by one. Here is the situation Load report Month = 1 Report = 1 Subreport = 1 (Good) Hit next page button Month = 2 Report = 2 Subreport = 2 (Good) Enter the number 8 to jump pages Month = 8 Report = 8 ...