Specifiying Successive Page Numbers for Workbooks with Multiple Tabs/Pages

Hi,
Does anyone know how to make a workbook with several tabs
print with successive page numbers from the first page of
the first tab to the last page of the last tab?
Thanks
0
mpam (4)

Hi

Select all of the tabs and then print the lot in one go!!

--
Andy.

"M.P." <mpam@challiance.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Does anyone know how to make a workbook with several tabs
> print with successive page numbers from the first page of
> the first tab to the last page of the last tab?
> Thanks

0
andyb1 (494)
5/21/2004 2:03:06 PM
I have tried that before, but each tab has pages 1, 2, 3,
etc.

0
mpam (4)
5/21/2004 3:00:05 PM
Well, I've just tried it on mine (XL2K) and it numbers the pages from 1 all
the way through to the end.

--

> I have tried that before, but each tab has pages 1, 2, 3,
> etc.

0
andyb1 (494)
5/21/2004 3:38:56 PM
Dumb Questions -
1) How did you select multiple tabs - Using the Control
key to select multiple tabs, or using shift first to last
to select all?
2) How did you insert page numbers so they are successive?
Thx

0
mpam (4)

Help with number field
In a table called Payments; I have a field called CheckNumber. Its data type is number Its field size is Long Integer Its format is General Number Whenever the check number is more than 4 digits I get "1E+0" printed on the receipt. What am I overlooking? Thanks for any help. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Try making the CheckNumber text box larger. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:46c10059$0$23226$88260bb3@free.te...

Changing slide number color
How do I change the color of my slide numbers? In article <8A5DB082-9F64-4AA9-9B01-19E0294DC9A8@microsoft.com>, Mike Row Soft wrote: > How do I change the color of my slide numbers? What version of PowerPoint? ============================== PPT Frequently Asked Questions http://www.pptfaq.com/ PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint http://www.pptools.com/ If you're using slide masters you'll need to change it there... "Mike Row Soft" wrote: > How do I change the color of my slide numbers? 11.5529.5506 I am not using Slide Masters. &quo...

Problem Scaling to 1 Page Wide
I format most spreadsheets I create to 1 page wide, <blank> pages tall. Occasionally, when Il receive a spreadsheet from someone else and try to reformat it to be "1 page wide, <blank> pages tall", it isn't formatted wide enough. There is between one-half inch to one inch space between the spreadsheet contents and the left and right margins. If I adjust the scaling manually to a particular %, it's fine. Suspecting a print driver problem, I've tried changing printers, but no luck. Any idea what setting might be preventing me from using the full 1 page ...

FRx statements exported to one Excel workbook
Clients would like to export chained FRx reports to export to one Excel workbook for easier e-mailing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5c667c48-735e-42b4-99...

Can't delete blank pages
I have a spreadsheet that when I go into print preview there are 59 pages. I did not create the spreadsheet. However, there is only something on 3 of those pages. How to I delete all of these extra pages. Thanks very much for any help. I am using Excel 2003 Dee on the main sheet select just those areas you want to print and goto <file><print area>< set print area> "Dee" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that when I go into print preview there are 59 pages. I > did not create the spreadsheet. However, there is only something on 3 of > those pages. How...

Multiple Exchange accounts into one Inbox
I have an Exchange 2000 Server and 16 employees, most of which who work at our client's offices. They have laptops with WinXP and Outlook 2002 which are attached to the local network. Our clients have Exchange as well. Currently, we use Outlook to read our email and calendaring for our accounts on the client's network. Additionally, we log in via WebAccess to do the same for our company email and calendaring. My employees find that checking multiple locations for email/calendar/tasks very time-consuming. I'm considering the idea of installing a VPN so employees ...

Email multiple reports 11-16-07
Hello, I have a database where I need to send one email with several reports in it. Is there vb code to do that? On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:32:01 -0800, Brett <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Nothing built-in. DoCmd.SendObject can only send one report at a time. So you need to first save the reports (e.g. to PDF files), then create an email with multiple attachments. If you use Google, I'm sure you can locate some sample code. -Tom. >Hello, >I have a database where I need to send one email with several reports in it. > Is there vb code to do that? How about this...

Purchase Order Line Number on Smart List
How can I get a Status on a purchase order by the PO Line number, item, and status (closed, Invoiced, etc. I have blanket orders and want to know which line numbers are closed or still open. Is there anyway the text that is typed in on a PO line item visable on a report or smartlist? I do not know what field it shows up on in the smart list columns. I manually type info and it prints on the Purchase order, but then I can't get it on any report. Thanks. jagr Hi, I don't think it is possible on a regular Smarlist. You can use a SQL View and Smartlist Builder. In the view, y...

pivot table multiple criteria
Hi, I have a pivot table in which I can select a weeknumber to get the number of visitors in a pivot table and diagram. I'm looking for a possibility to select multiple weeknumbers and get the combined result in a pivot table and diagram. I was thinking of a kind of selection buttons or something like that. Any help or suggestion is more than welcome. Kind regards, Chris Hi Chris I am assuming you are working with XL2003 or earlier. Is your field a Page field? If so, drag it to the Row area, make your Multiple selections and drag back to the Page area where the selection will s...

help with sum macro
I am trying to record a macro that would sum a column at the end of the column. However the number of rows will not always be the same. How do I get the sum to always show up at the end of the column. TIA Mark dim NextRow as long with activesheet Nextrow = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row + 1 .cells(nextrow,"A").formulaR1C1 = "=sum(r1c:r[-1]c)" end with This will sum from: R1C (R1 of the same Column) to: R[-1]C (one row up of the same column) malewine@houston.rr.com wrote: > > I am trying to record a macro that would ...

Search by invoice number
Hi, Is there a way to search by invoice number to find the journal entry or customer who invoice is for. Thanks Deck You can run a Detailed Sales Report. Set the filter for your specifed Transaction Number. When you generate the report, you will notice that there are columns that when you hover the mouse over them, the mouse icon turns into a magnifying glass. When this happens, you can double click. (such as: transaction number, itemlookup code, customer account number, etc..) If you double click on the transaction number, it will display the journal entry for that transaction. Ther...

Printing 2 pages per sheet---not booklet
I've had Publisher for years and never used it, though I've used most of the other programs. Nice to see that most features work in similar ways, but... I'm trying to print 1/2 pages on 8.5" X 11" sheets (paper) to put into a half sheet 3-ring binder (finished size (cut) will be 5.5" wide by 8.5"H). I want to print them 2 per sheet so each page is different and the left margins are all .75" so I can 3-hole punch them. I can't find a way to do this. I tried "custom" for paper and entered the size and chose "landscape"...

numbering rows
I know this is a simple thing, but I want a column that starts my worksheet that numbers my rows. Would appreciate step by step instructions............... thanks..........Nancy Hi Without headers, and key values (always non-empty when the row isn't empty) in column B into A1 enter the formula =IF(B1="","",ROW(A1)) The same with headers in row 1 =IF(B2="","",ROW(A2)-ROW(A$1)) The same as above, but the numbering is continous, when there are empty rows in datarange =IF(AND(B2="",A3=""),"",ROW(A2)-ROW(A$1)) -- Arvi...

Auto-tab on combo box
Is there an event that fires when the user selects an item from a combo box via the mouse? I would like to have the focus move to another record when the user selects an item from a combo box via the mouse - without having to click the other control or press Tab. Is there a way? I cannot do it on the Change event because then the focus moves as soon as the user types the first character in the combo box, and I cannot do it in the control's AfterUpdate event because that does not fire until the focus leaves the combo box by the user pressing Tab or clicking elsewhere. Brian wrote:...

Shared Workbooks Locking Up
A group of three of us share an Excel 2000 workbook in which project data and calculations are stored. The problem is that the workbook will frequently cause Excel to lock up when attempting to load it. Excel must then be forcibly closed via Task Manager to clear the lockup. Usually, if the workbook is then loaded from a different machine, it will load OK and can be re-saved, at which point the user whose program locked up will again be able to load it. Occasionally, however, it will not load for anyone, and we need to reconstruct it by using Access to pull out the raw data. This i...

updating wrong workbook
Using Excel 2007. I made some un-remembered changes a month ago on a spreadsheet. Have been using OLD version since by error. Is there a simple way to compare two spreadsheets and see the difference. Maybe like change color where cells are different? Foolish SG Hi, There are add-in to do this, but I never used any and it would be unfair to tell you which is best, try Googling add-in to compare two workbooks in excel -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "shakey" wrote: > Using Excel 2007. > I made some un-remembered changes a mo...

One contact multiple accounts
We work with several contacts who are responsible for multiple accounts and I can't figure out the best way to handle this in CRM. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to handle this? There are a few ways you can skin it. 1. Though contact can belong to only one account, it can be a primary contact for multiple accounts. 2. Built-in Relationship Roles (available under Settings) allow to create new relationships between accounts and contacts. Once relationship is set up, account records are going to be available on a contact form under Relationships. 3. If relationship needs to car...

Header/footer/page number problem
Hello! Could someone please help me to add headers and page numbers to every page, but the first three pages of a booklet. Page 1 and the header should actually start on Page 4. I'm creating a business directory in booklet format, selected under Layout View, in Publisher 2003. I added page numbers, starting with Page 1 on the third page of the booklet. I inserted a section then entered the page numbers. Everything looks fine -- until I decided to add headers. When I decided to add headers I can only get them to show on every other page, despite trying the two page option on the M...

Incorrect Number Format
Hi: I try to set a cell format "Number" with negative number display in a (1234.00) layout. Hoever, in Format Cell, it shows negative number layout as -1234.00(black) -1234.00(red) -1234.00(black) -1234.00(red) (1234.00) is replaced. I try to modify the format in 'Custom' so that it layout looks like (1234.00). But my Excel does not recognize it as a number format and the negative number layout is shown as same as above. What can I do??? Thanks John I am not sure what you mean, is this the format you are looking for? 0.00_);(0.00) -- Regards, Peo Sjo...

how to chage existing workbooks background color
I was wondering if there is a way to change the background (sheet) color from white to like a light gray so that there is less glare. using excel 2003 Ctrl + A to select all cells on the worksheet, then use the Fill color button and sub-menu to select a background color. You may want to change the gridline color depending on the background color you choose, in which case use Tools>Options>View tab and select the Gridlines color near the bottom of the dialogue box, then OK. If this is how you want Excel to always appear then save the file as a template - see 'Create ...

MS Money 2005
I would like to know if it is possible to print more than one invoice a a time. I have entered my information into the program and into th "Accounts Receivable," but can find not way to print more than on invoice at a time. I would also like to print these invoices using template I have created through the Invoice Designer. Please ca someone help me -- vm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vmo's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=422 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187097451 It's not possible to batch pr...

Page a Day Diary
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I would like to create a page a day diary in word without having to type the date into 365 pages myself. Any ideas how to autogenerate the pages? <br><br>Phil Hello Phil, On 2009.12.17 5:01 PM, in article 59baf36c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "philterrett@officeformac.com" <philterrett@officeformac.com> wrote: > I would like to create a page a day diary in word without having to type the > date into 365 pages myself. Any ideas how to autogenerate the pages? How do you want each page to loo...

Need help comparing 2 columns of number to find unique numbers
I have 2 columns of numbers. The first column is a list of unique IDs (221 IDs) that have signed up for a training program. The second column is the full list of people who are assigned to course (360 IDs). I need a third column to display only the IDs that do not show up in the first column. Any help would be appreciated. Column A has the 221 ID's; Column B has the 360 IDs In C1 enter =IF(COUNTIF(A:A,B1),"",B1) Copy this down the column by double clicking C1's fill handle (small solid square in its lower right corner) ID's that are in B but not in A are ...

Automatic numbering
In word 2007 i used to be able to type 1. and hit enter and it would start a number list automatically. Now it does not. How can i turn this back on? Office button => Word Options => Proofing => AutoCorrect Options... Under "AutoFormat As You Type", make sure that "Automatic numbered lists" is selected. You might want to check the "AutoFormat" tab as well. Yves "kyleb" <kyleb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86163DE6-19BE-4E80-83C9-CDAC56876BEB@microsoft.com... > In word 2007 i used to be able to type 1....

multiple windows open
When I d-click (open) and excel document 2 windows automatically ope and are labled Title.xls:1 and Title.xls:2. When I close one windo both close. When I re-open the file 2 windows are opened again. I kno how to add more windows, but do not know how to remove them. Any ideas Coudn't find anything under F1. Thank you! -Je -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just select then close one of the windows using the "x" on its window. Do not close using the Application "x". Save the workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:18:37 -0500, jlklafin...