Sorting pivot table drop-down

I notice that the drop-down menu for one of the fields of a pivot table is
randomly arranged.  I like for it to be ascending or alphabetical order.  Do
you know what order it is sorting in (is it based on the order of the source
data?) and is there a way to get it to sort alphabetically?

Thanks
0
Joyce (21)

If you sort the field, the dropdown menu should also be sorted.

To sort the field, select a cell in the field, and click the A-Z button
on the Excel toolbar.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List