sorting numbers #5

Hi were have problems in sorting out our inventory item numbers. We have
over 15,000 item numbers that can't be changed or zeros deleted. The
problem is when there are zeros in the item number.

Excell sort
CA0002
CA00020
CA0021
CA02
CA021
CA02C

Needs to be
CA0002
CA02
CA02C
CA00020
CA0021
CA021

Thanks
Darkjedi

--
darkjedi
darkjedi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29153

Since I didn't receive any replys, does this mean it can't be done or
it's  just too dumb of question to get a reply.

darkjedi

--
darkjedi
darkjedi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29153
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488748

Problem is you chose a rather general title which had been used before. Many
Newsreader programs will stuff it under someone else's problem with the same
description. Since that had been answered already, nobody pays attention
anymore.
Repost with a somewhat more distiguingishable title.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"darkjedi" <darkjedi.1zbv5n_1133384124.5501@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:darkjedi.1zbv5n_1133384124.5501@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Since I didn't receive any replys, does this mean it can't be done or
> it's  just too dumb of question to get a reply.
>
> darkjedi
>

> --
> darkjedi
> darkjedi's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29153
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488748

0
nicolaus (2022)

Exchange 5.5 migration to exchange 2003
In the process of starting to move users mailboxes over to new Exchange 2003 server. Some of the users after being moved cant receive emails from users still on the old Exchange 5.5 server, but can receive from any user that is on the new Exchange 2003 server. Also happens when new users are created on the new Exchange 2003 server. Email comes back as system undeliverable. Can 5.5 users see the E2K3 users (more importantly the new E2K3 users) in the GAL? What is the NDR? Usualy this happens because the 5.5 Recipient information has not been populated in the AD. Is there a 2-way Re...

Import from Excel
I'm importing a spreadsheet from Excel. My problem is that the column of numbers always imports as text. In using the import wizard it does not allow me to check the data type. It is greyed out with the setting as "text". How do I import numbers? Note that once imported, I have changed to text to numbers but all the numbers loose their precision. Hi Import the data into a temp table - run this through a query and use val function (or change the format) in the query. Use the query to either update or append. HTH -- Wayne Manchester, England. "JeffH"...

Missing emails from Outlook XP Exchange 5.5
I have a user that had approximately 300 emails and 100 contacts in his Outlook and they suddenly dissapeared on him after uninstalling Mcafee internet security 6. The strange thing is it did not delete ALL his email or All his contacts, there were 8 emails left in the box and 2 contacts left. Since he is on a laptop, I tried to work offline and see if they were in his .ost, but its the same thing. The strange thing is, his .ost is about 130mb, and when I look at his mailbox properties, it only shows about 60 mb in size. Also, on the exchange server, his mailbox resources show to be about 80mb...

Framework 3.5 Upgrade Problem
I have Windows XP Home SP2. I did a Windows Update and it wanted me to install Framework 3.5 SP1 before doing any other updates. On the first Restart after installation, it said there was a problem with my logon profile (possibly corrupt), and it logged me on with a temporary profile. The desktop was completely different from my usual desktop. I restarted again and didn't have a problem with my profile. I saw my usual desktop. However, every time right after logging in, I also saw a Windows Installer dialog saying that the feature I was trying to install was not avail...

date displays as serial number
I'm using Office 2003. I inherited a workbook where one sheet insists on displaying all dates as serial numbers. I format the cells to display a date, but still get the serial number, left justified. The other sheets behave as expected, following the cell format. Any ideas? Try putting a 1 in an unused cell, then copy it and paste-special-multiply on the column of errant dates Hopefully this will turn them back into numbers which can then be formatted as dates............. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "et" <et@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2721...

Panasonic NN-SD697S 1300-Watt 1-1/5-Cubic-Foot Stainless-Steel Microwave Oven
List Price:$169.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001MZVWA4 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001MZVWA4 Panasonic 1-1/5 cu feet stainless steel microwave, One-touch sensor cook and reheat, 1300-watt of high power, inverter technology, Inverter turbo defrost, pop-out dial with flat panel for easy programming, 13 1/2-inch turntable, 4-digit readout, reflective mirror door, 10 level power settings, 9 menu sensor settings, interactive mutli-lingual screen, more/less control feature, keep warm feature, popcorn key, quick minute, delay start and tim...

Excel column sum of negative and postive numbers.
If I have a column with negative and positive numbers, can I get separate sums of the negative numbers and the positive numbers? How do I tell Excel to add just the postive signed numbers? =SUMIF(A1:A20,">=0") for the positive numbers -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Ike Milligan" <info@1accordion.net> wrote in message news:omZ%f.2421$An2.951@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... > If I have a column with negative and positive numbers, can I get separate > sums of the negative numbers and the positive numbers? How do I tell Excel > to add just t...

how to trap the sort event?
Hello everybody Situation: the user press the option [A->Z] on a column of a datasheet form. Is there a way to trap the sort event before it's applied so let me CHANGE THE SORT CRITERIA on the fly and then continue the sorting? Thanks in advance robeito wrote: >Hello everybody > >Situation: the user press the option [A->Z] on a column of a datasheet form. > >Is there a way to trap the sort event before it's applied so let me CHANGE >THE SORT CRITERIA on the fly and then continue the sorting? > >Thanks in advance I don't think t...

Not plotting blank cells with formulas until number appears
If a formula is in the cell but is blank or equals "0", how do you get a chart not to plot until a number appears? You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(OR(B2="",B2=0),NA(),B2-A2) The chart will interpolate over the #N/A errors. To hide these errors, you can use conditional formatting. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors Excel Charts and Formulas wrote: > If a formula is in the cell but is blank or equals "0", how do you get a > chart not to plot until a number appears? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, ...

Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update
Good evening MVPs Checking the Microsoft Mactopia page I just found the new Office X update 10.1.5. It has great news for all Office Users: "...This update addresses several stability issues with PowerPoint�, Excel, and Visual Basic for Applications for Office�v.�X. ..." But it also has a note that sounds more like ... You judge: "... Note If you have not installed Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.2 Update and Microsoft Exchange Update for Entourage� X (Office v. X 10.1.4 Update), you must do so before installing Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update. ..." I have all the update...

Invalid page fault when starting Microsoft Outlook Express 5 & 6 using Windows98
I am getting an error message reading, "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown. If the problem persists, call your vendor." Then I'll click on the details and it reads, "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module WAB32.DLL at 0167:35c4c080. Registers: EAX=00370032 CS=0167 EIP=35c4c080 EFLGS=00010217 EBX=00438370 SS=016f ESP=0056dd10 EBP=0056dd34 ECX=000dbd53 DS=016f ESI=0043a000 FS=42f7 EDX=00400000 ES=016f EDI=01f10af0 GS=31de Bytes at CS:EIP: f3 a5 8b c8 83 e1 03 f3 a4 ff 75 fc e8 50 ae ff Stack dump: 00000003 000000a4 00000000 003700...

Double emails in Oulook 98 (8.5.5104.6)
For some quirky reason I am now getting two of each email coming in to my mailboxes. It happens with Yahoo as well. Has anyone else experienced this and can offer a remedy? thanks ...

Removing an offline server from an exchange 5.5 site
Does anyone know how to remove an offline server from an exchange site? I need to remove an old server and cannot bring it back up to remove the server from exchange 5.5, is there another way to remove the server? Ste On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:16:48 +0100, "Ste" <stephenbrandley@hotmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to remove an offline server from an exchange site? >I need to remove an old server and cannot bring it back up to remove the >server from exchange 5.5, is there another way to remove the server? > >Ste > Highlight it in the Exchange Admin G...

Sorting 2 columns
I have data in C5:H43 and J5:O47 and Row 4 being the header row for both league tables as Column H and O are the result fields I need to be able to sort them together so C5:H5 has 1st Place and J47:O47 last place. I hope this makes sense. Several questions: What data do you have in your columns? Is C5:H43 independent of J5:O47? Do you want to sort C5:H43 from high to low? Do you want to sort J5:O47 from low to high? "Rugby Al" <RugbyAl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F8FEFEA-7339-4210-B7EA-B4B0431455F9@microsoft.com... >I have data in C5:H43 and J5:O...

Need ideas for a changing sort key
I need to create a form where someone asks tasks which have to be accomplished in order, the dates being irrelevant, though it will be tracked. What is the best way to create a field that will prioritize these in order? There will be many instances where a task is inserted or removed from the list. If I have steps 1 through 5 for example, and need to add one between 2 and 3, I don't want to have to renumber 3 through 5 as 4 through 6. It's a tool to train new employees how to do their job, the series of tasks will change from project to project so I'd like to create a ma...

fax number
Scott, Just in case you misplaced it, my fax # is 814-342-3525 Craig ...

Sorting my music
I spent years of my life trying to put in order my music, i mean , my own catalog, but now you release " the new WMP version 11" and all my work is just waste, I wanna be more specific, I don't like to see on my catalog the first column the album, because my way to make an easy search is by title or artist, if you guys have the way to do this please let me know how to do it, and tell to the genius programer, than still exist dummies like me, who wants thing old fashioned, and actually " I don't like people who's trying to impose their own way to do th...

Removing old 5.5 connectors
I have two connectors in Exchange 5.5 (MS Mail and CC:Mail) that I would like to remove before I remove the server from our mail group and convert over to native Exchange 2003. When I attempt to use the Exchange 5.5 setup to remove the connectors it says that my version of Exchange is newer and will not allow me to make the changes. The 5.5 server has had SP4 for exchange loaded which I’m sure is the reason the original setup will not work. What would be the best way to remove these unused connectors? It might be worth call Microsoft on this one. "RP in the Midwest" <R...

open relay #5
In the Queues Tab in the Outbound messages waiting delivery and Inbound message awaiting delivery I found so many entry that do not belong to our domain.. I haVe Exchange server 5.5 sp 4.0 on NT 4.0 on the routing restrictions i have check the -Hosts and Clients who successfully authenticate -Host and clients with these IP Address 101.101.0.1 255.255.255.0 -Host and clients connecting to internal address 101.101.0.11 ' our mail server internal address but I think that the bogus entries in my QUEUES manifest that i am an open relay or that our mail server accepts the mail and ...

Error 28 Error 5 or Error 6
Using RMS Verion 2.0. I used the Store import to import a liquor database. Lots of Parent/Childs. I had an item that was linked back to itself, the parent item had the same lookup as the child. We didn't catch the mistake until they scanned the item at the point of sale. One time it let us go all the way through the sale, take a payment and then we got Error 28 and the point of sale shut down. The transaction was never recorded. Another time, when we scanned the item we immediately got Error 6 overflow. It locked up the system and we had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of the err...

Controlling the number excel gives to charts
Hello, When creating charts in workbooks, excel will assign a number to it. So if I have 10 charts through out my project I should have charts numbered 1 thru 10. But if I delete a few and create a few more, the numbering will no longer be sequential. When automating certain processes it becomes a little difficult when charts have been numbered in this way. example. If I wanted to perform some operation on 4 of the 10 charts within a FOR NEXT loop, it would be difficult if the charts were numbered 2,4,5 and10. For Var = 1 to 4 ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart "...

number format
hello my numbers are formatted using question marks, so i can center them and still justify them by the decimal point. for ex. a column of numbers with 2345678 being the largest of them, will be formatted with the string: ?,???,??0;-?,???,??0;- this way i can center the column, and all numbers will straighten to the right, by the decimal point. zeros appear as hyphens. the problem is with the minus signs. if on the previous example i will have -2345, it will look like this: - 2,345 (the minus sign away from the digits). any suggestions? i still wish to center the column. if i give this ...

sort address book by last name??
where is the switch that changes the address book from first name sort to last name sort? It's different in every version of Outlook. That's why it's a good idea to post your version so someone can answer. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "roger" <pulkr004@tc.umn.edu> wrote in message news:01e501c3b785$0c409bc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > where is the switch that changes the address book from > first name sort to last name sort? ...

Converting WordPerfect 5.1 file to Word
Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in Word. Thanks. try the word newsgroup... >-----Original Message----- >Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to >preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in >Word. Thanks. >. > ...

Password Protection #5
Hi all I have a spreadsheet with several sheets . These are accessed via macr buttons on a main fron sheet (I have hidden other sheets) . Is i possible to password protect certain sheets so that they cannot b accessed by the user without the correct password . I can protect the so that they cannot be changed but need to stop them from bein accessed Thanks Kiera -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First Hide the sheet by going Format/Sheet/Hide on the toolbar. If you then protect the workbook structure the user will be unable t unhide the sheet. Dunca -- Message posted fr...