Sorting Multiple Sheets

I have a workbook with multiple sheets.  The main sheet
has 2 columns, 1 for first name, 1 for last name.  The
remaining sheets all have formulas to pull the first and
last names automatically from the 1st sheet. If a user
sorts the names on the first sheet, they will sort on
subsequent sheets, but the information that goes with
those names on subsequent sheets will not be included in
the sort, thereby misplacing information.  Is there anyway
to remedy this, short of sorting each sheet each time
there is an addition to any one sheet?

0
sakins (16)

Bug in MFC floating toolbar resize code with multiple monitors
Hello. I don't know if this is the right place, but I'd like to report a bug in MFC's floating toolbar resize code. For this, you will need a dual monitor setup and Windows XP Service Pack 1 (I don't know if the problem occurrs in previous Windows OSs with multimonitor support but I suspect it does). To reproduce the problem, use the Visual Studio .NET 2003 MFC project wizard to create a GUI app with the "standard floating toolbar" GUI option turned on. Build the test program and run it. Tear off the toolbar and drag it over an empty area on your PRIMARY display ...

VBA to create formula from a list in one sheet.
I am looking for a script that will create a formula that adds up cells from multiple sheets and places the formula on a totals sheet. The script needs to grab the name of the sheets from a range on a seperate sheet in the workbook. I hope this make sense. Range("A1").Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT(""'""&C1:C3&""'!C8""),""<>""))" where C1:C3 is a range housing the relevant sheetnames in separate cells, and C* is the cell to add. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mai...

Sorting
Is it possible to have an empty row appear between items in a sort? i.e all my Bill's are grouped then an empty row before all my Fred's. one way. you could insert a row for each with just the name in a white font. Regards Bill K "Tammy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b8201c4aca1$2a9338a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have an empty row appear between items > in a sort? i.e all my Bill's are grouped then an empty row > before all my Fred's. ...

Changing the Same thing on multiple charts
I have 36 line charts of data from the same 4 pilot groups and 2 comparison groups. After I got them all created, I had a request to increase the weight of the lines for readability on all of the charts. Is there a way to easily do this? Right now all I envision is clicking on all 216 lines! My guess is a macro which I know nothing about. On the same note, is there a way to have it change the colors all at once (for instance, take the yellow lines, make them red)? -- mea You can follow this procedure to make your task somewhat less tedious: Select an item on one chart (a series,...

Background on Sheets
I just figured out that in MS Excel 2000 that you can insert a background image to a sheet by going through format, sheet, then background. My questions are: Is there a way to gain more control of the image through excel to, for instance, change the size of the image or how it is tiled? And also, if I save back to MS Excel 97, will it save this? Thanks. There doesn't seem to be any way to control this image -- and it doesn't print. More for a visual only, it seems. And it is compatible with Excel 97 and XP. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Mark G." <cadman_meg@comcast.net> wrot...

Problem referencing multiple closed .xls files
Hi there. I have an Excel file [MAIN] that references multiple other Excel files [SUB]. For example, if I put the following into a cell in MAIN and have the SUB files closed, this works: ='C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\MAIN DIR\SUB DIR\[SUB.xls]Sheet25'!$D$11 The above returns the value [not #REF!] even when SUB is not open. But if I try relative addressing: =SUB DIR\[SUB.xls]Sheet25'!$D$11 or, INDIRECT, or CELL, or VLOOKUP, nothing can return the value from a closed file. Any ideas without having to resort to either UDFs or Macros. My client is unwilling to...

Shared Spread sheet(Excel 97)
Some users have reported Excel locking up when they open a specific spread sheet, and others have no problem. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated Thank ...

Sort Pages update for 2010
OK, now that OneNote 2010 is RTM, can someone with the requisite technical acumen please update the Sort Pages powertoy so that it works properly with the new version? I'm desperately in need of page-sorting capability but I am loath to attempt it myself -- my skill set are in somewhat different areas. Thanks. -- //Steve// Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS Email: steve.silverwood@gmail.com Blog: http://stevesilverwood.blogspot.com Twitter: http://twitter.com/kb6ojs ...

Import Multiple contacts Per Account
Guys Please can you help us. We are implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 and need to import our contact list which was maintained in Excel. Each customer has multiple contacts so we are thinking of creating Accounts first and then import the contacts but attaching them to the correct parent customer. I cannot find a way to do this. Please can you help. On 29 Aug, 15:24, <happysan...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Guys > > Please can you help us. We are implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 and need to > import our contact list which was maintained in Excel. > > Each customer has mu...

multiple user accounts share single email account
I have set up separate user account for each of my two kids, my wife and myself (4) with me the only one with admin rights. I want my wife and I to be able to share the same email account. At the moment, whoever logs in first gets the latest set of emails and the other doesn't. This means she gets some and I get some and it defeats the process of me have a secure password if I have to give it to her so she can read mail I have received and vice versa. My web surfing to know seems all about seeing multiple email accounts in one user account but I want to see the same email...

Multiple Profiles #2
Hi all, I have multiple profiles/email addresses setup in Outlook, and depending on who I am sending a message to, I would like to switch which email address I am sending from. (ie. if I am emailing a client, I would want to send it form our "support" address. But if I'm emailing someone on a technical issue, I would like to send it from our "dev" address). I have tired using the "From:" option when composing an email, but I get "You do not have permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user.", no matter what email address I try to se...

Outlook 2003 confusing folders from multiple HTTP email accounts
Hello all, I recently moved from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. I have multiple HTTP (Hotmail) accounts that I migrated. Very often, Outlook 2003 confuses the folders from these accounts, such that I click on the inbox for account A and see the mail in the inbox in account B. When it does this, it seems to do it for all of the folders in common (so the junk email folder for account A also shows the junk email for account B). I noticed this some in Outlook Express, but Outlook 2003 does this all the time. Is there a remedy? Closing Outlook and re-opening it _sometimes_ fixes the problem. Th...

Sorting by number of characters
I am using Excel 2007 (thought I posted this earlier, but can't find it - even with google group search). I need to sort an inventory list according to the number of characters in the item number (not by numerals). Is this possible? Thanks! Nicole May be this... =LEN(A1) Change the A1 to your Item Number Cell. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "NicoleS" wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 > (thought I posted this earlier, but can't find it - even with google group ...

Charting multiple worksheets
Windows Vista and Excel 2007 I am creating a weekly spreadsheet that collects the exact same data Monday through Friday. As data is entered on the worksheets a graph is dynamically created/updated. What I want to do is have a Weekly worksheet that totals all of the individual daily worksheets into a Weekly Graph. How do I select the cells from the daily worksheets to create this Weekly graph? thanks as always, d. :) -- dslocum Create a new table that sums the daily data into weekly numbers, than base your graph off the weekly results. "dslocum" wrote: > > Windo...

Multiple email addresses to one queue
Is there a way to set up multiple email addresses to dump emails directly into one queue? For example: All emails to billing@company.com, refunds@company.com and rebates@company.com would ideally go into one Billing queue in MS CRM. I realize that each queue can only have one direct email address (looked in the back end database schema for queues and noticed that EmailAddress is a field in the table QueueBase). However what I'm wondering is if CRM can be tricked out via email aliasing or some automatic forwarding, etc so that we wouldn't have a separate queue for each emai...

Duplicate Half Sheet Reports On Other Half Of Sheet
Hi, I am new to posting anything to the group but have often read and found things very useful. I have a report that prints on half of an 8.5x11 sheet in landscape. I am looking for a way for that report to print the second record on the other half of the sheet if there is another record but still only print the single half if there is only the one record to print. Can this be done? Thanks for your help. Duffy On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:38:41 -0400, "Vianet News" <noreply@noreply.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am new to posting anything to the group but have often read...

MS Money Small Business 05 Entering multiple invoice payments in one deposit
hello there! I was wondering if anyone out there who uses Money Small Business 05 can answer a question for me... Is there a way to enter more than one customer invoice payment into one deposit? For example, when i go to the check registry where I will be entering a deposit with multiple payments from different customers (a task that most small business people must perform regularly, at least that't what you hope for!), it will only allow me to associate one invoice per deposit, which is inconvenient as well as inaccurate to the deposit i take to the bank. Any ideas? Thanks Casey ...

Numbered paragraphs with multiple 're-start at 1'.
I have a 70-page test specification with heading numbering to level 3 (using built-in styles). Each step of the test procedure is numbered using a separate list with a style called 'Step'. My reasoning for doing this is that sometimes the test procedure paragraphs are at level 3 and sometimes at level 4. I can't have some level 3 paragraphs as headings and others as test steps. The test steps re-start at 1 after every new heading. Occasionally, it is not possible to re-start at 1 - the numbering just refuses to be changed, and I can't work out why. Twice during th...

Looking for sheet for expenses and income
Anybody has or knows where to find an Excel sheet to fill in all expenses and income for a small buss company? Bart Hi Bart, QuickBooks (Intuit.com), maybe. Should handle the accounting, it won't do the taxes, you have to keep paying more for more features, but you probably need that or something similar with or without an Accountant. Trouble is you probably have to keep updating each year. It seems that you would be doing this for accounting and taxes, you shouldn't have to enter your information into Excel as well. Incidentally looking at Intuit's website they have a si...

Moving between sheets
Hi guys! Just a quick question: I would like to write a function in VBA which would allow me to mov between the sheets in excel. Does anyone know the method for it? Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Suggest you record macro and come back with any probs -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think I'd do it. But I would use this feature: right click on the VCR like controls to the left of the worksheet tabs. You can choose the worksheet you want to go to. Or maybe if you're looking for a table of contents, you could use hyperlin...

Outlook multiple send query
Hi to the group, I am a relatively new outlook user (used to use OE) and am just wondering if it is a normal function of outlook that when you send a large Email e.g. one with a large attachment if outlook "splits" it into several sends. this seems to happen to me up to 25 sends will come up in send/receive details and I only have one mail in the outbox. TIA, RickO'Shay. ...

Excel Sort() Algorithm
Someone raised a question in my computer class. Does anyone know what type of sort algorithm Excel uses when you highlight a range and hit the sort button? I suspect it's not a Bubble sort, because of the inefficiency involved, but beyond that I don't know what type of sort algorithm they would have implemented. Thanks, Michael C. Quick sort or a variant thereof probably. "Michael C" <michaelc@nospam.org> wrote in message news:KSdOc.20210$oE1.2246608@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > Someone raised a question in my computer class. Does anyone know what type > o...

Pivot table/chart row multiple records question
Ok, so here is my problem. I hope someone can help. I have a large dataset of biological data. In each row are fields describing Bird Species, number of individuals, and a behavior code. I want to create a table/chart that reads each row in reference to the number of individuals as well as the behavior. For example if a row contained a species code and the number of individuals greater than one, I want the pivot table to register that species as many times as the number in the individuals column, not simply as one record of that species. So far I can only think of inserting rows and manu...

Is there a way to sort lists alphabetically?
Is there a way to sort a list of names alphabetically without having to import & export from Excel? Thanks in advance for any help. Stuart Reed Not within Publisher. Word can sort... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stuart Reed" <sr@stureed.co.uk> wrote in message news:KjVpg.4712$Xp3.108@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Is there a way to sort a list of names alphabetically without having to import > & export from Excel? > > Thanks in advance for any help. > > Stuart Reed > ...

VBA handling of selected cells in multiple areas
OS X 10.6.2 Excel 2004 11.5.6 (090928) I'm hoping someone might be willing to see if an error I'm experiencing with VBA for Excel 2004 is reproducible. I've been working with VBA for eons and consider myself proficient. Create a new spreadsheet. Make a 2-row by 3-column matrix 1.1 1.2 1.3 2.1 2.2 2.3 Select the top-left cell (1.1) and, holding down the command key, the top-right cell (1.3). You should see the two, separated cells highlighted. Open the VBA editor and choose the Immediate window. ?selection.cells.count should = 2 so far so good. ...