Sorting more than 3 pieces of data??

Wow, I've _never_ had this happen before.  I have a spreadsheet that has 4
columns, 3 that are often extremely similar.  It's the 4th one that has the
most variation in the data, and it's not getting sorted.  I must have then
sort by the four, unfortunately.  As only 3 fields come up in the data sort
option, was wondering if anything can be done?

Thanks.

0
NoJunk1 (26)

First sort all data only by that column that you'd
indicate as the last (4th) field in the sort by tool. Then
sort all the data again by the first 3 columns.
0
anonymous (74722)
6/28/2004 8:16:54 PM
Hi

Sub-sorts stick. So
1) sort by criteria 3, 4
2) sort by criteria 1, 2.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"StargateFanFromWork" <NoJunk@NoJunkMail.com> skrev i melding
> Wow, I've _never_ had this happen before.  I have a spreadsheet that has 4
> columns, 3 that are often extremely similar.  It's the 4th one that has
the
> most variation in the data, and it's not getting sorted.  I must have then
> sort by the four, unfortunately.  As only 3 fields come up in the data
sort
> option, was wondering if anything can be done?
>
> Thanks.

0
innocent (844)
6/28/2004 8:17:42 PM
Hi,

You might check in HELP for more, but I believe if you
select your least important sort first and do the sort,
then separately arrange your other three, you'll be set.

jeff

0
anonymous (74722)
6/28/2004 8:22:37 PM
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:16:54 -0700, "Anya"

>First sort all data only by that column that you'd
>indicate as the last (4th) field in the sort by tool. Then
>sort all the data again by the first 3 columns.

Thank you.  I think I've grasped the idea.  I'll give it a try.

0
StargateFan
6/29/2004 12:30:18 AM
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:17:42 +0200, "Harald Staff"
<innocent@enron.invalid> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Sub-sorts stick. So
>1) sort by criteria 3, 4
>2) sort by criteria 1, 2.
>
>HTH. Best wishes Harald

Thank you.  I believe it does.  I'll try it.

>"StargateFanFromWork" <NoJunk@NoJunkMail.com> skrev i melding
>> Wow, I've _never_ had this happen before.  I have a spreadsheet that has 4
>> columns, 3 that are often extremely similar.  It's the 4th one that has
>the
>> most variation in the data, and it's not getting sorted.  I must have then
>> sort by the four, unfortunately.  As only 3 fields come up in the data
>sort
>> option, was wondering if anything can be done?
>>
>> Thanks.

0
StargateFan
6/29/2004 12:30:38 AM
Sort On More Than 3 Columns

Excel's sort feature allows you to sort on up to three differen
columns. If you need to sort on more than three, you can sort the sam
range multiple times. This takes advantage of the fact that if tw
values are equal, Excel will keep them in their original order. Fo
this to work properly, you must sort in reverse order. For instance, i
you're sorting on five columns, first sort on columns 3,4,5, then sor
on 1,2.

Ages ago I found a macro that would sort on mant columns. but alas du
to a system crass I have lost this macr

"mudraker >" <<mudraker.18ndhr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Sort On More Than 3 Columns
>
> Excel's sort feature allows you to sort on up to three different
> columns. If you need to sort on more than three, you can sort the same
> range multiple times. This takes advantage of the fact that if two
> values are equal, Excel will keep them in their original order. For
> this to work properly, you must sort in reverse order. For instance, if
> you're sorting on five columns, first sort on columns 3,4,5, then sort
> on 1,2.

Okay, I think I'm understanding better what to do in terms of putting into
practice the theory <g>.

> Ages ago I found a macro that would sort on mant columns. but alas due
> to a system crass I have lost this macro

Oh, darn!  That would have been handy, eh?

> ---

NoJunk1 (26)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

auto sort?
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row? would be a big help for my reservations workbook thanks D You could try the worksheet change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) <<Sort Code>> End Sub This should re-sort your selection everytime the worksheet changes. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Dave" <post@site.com> wrote in message news:%23czt38POFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to make a dated entry insert ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

Customer check data

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...

Macro

sort by day of the week?
Excel 2002 I have 10 years of grain prices...one price for each trading day of th year. In 'A' we have the date, in 'B' the price. What I need to do i get a list of prices for Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc... Possible? (I really, really don't want to do this manually) Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com add a column = weekday(a1,1) etc and do a sort on this colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you. You saved me 3 or 4 hours of excruciating data entry. Thi was the last step of a vital report. Now I can do my char...

macros entering data

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0