Sorting list of email addresses

Hi,
I have a list of email addresses that I use for periodic mailings ant it is
currently sorted alphabetically.
However, I would like to sort the addresses based on domain name.
The addresses are each in one cell.

Cell A1
Name
Cell A2
joe@mymail.com

I may have in the list: mary@mymail.com, bob@maymail.com, etc. in different
spots throughout the list based on the first letter of the email
addresses--alphabetically.

I want to group all users @mymail.com together--in separate cells and rows.

Any ideas?

Tx,
Sat

0
saturnin02

Hi Saturnin,

Try: Data | Text to Columns | Delimited | Delimiters | Other @

---
Regards,
Norman

"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a list of email addresses that I use for periodic mailings ant it
is
> currently sorted alphabetically.
> However, I would like to sort the addresses based on domain name.
> The addresses are each in one cell.
>
> Cell A1
> Name
> Cell A2
> joe@mymail.com
>
> I may have in the list: mary@mymail.com, bob@maymail.com, etc. in
different
> spots throughout the list based on the first letter of the email
> addresses--alphabetically.
>
> I want to group all users @mymail.com together--in separate cells and
rows.

> Any ideas?
>
> Tx,
> Sat

0
normanjones (1047)
7/12/2004 1:32:42 AM
However, if you want to keep the address as one field, for each address insert the formula:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1,1)+1) where A1 is the cell that contains your address in an unused column.

This will create just the @...... part of the address in a separate cell. You can then do a normal sort using that range of ceels as the sort key.

unlikeKansas

"Norman Jones" wrote:

> Hi Saturnin,
>
> Try: Data | Text to Columns | Delimited | Delimiters | Other @
>

> ---
> Regards,
> Norman
>

> "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have a list of email addresses that I use for periodic mailings ant it
> is
> > currently sorted alphabetically.
> > However, I would like to sort the addresses based on domain name.
> > The addresses are each in one cell.
> >
> > Cell A1
> > Name
> > Cell A2
> > joe@mymail.com
> >
> > I may have in the list: mary@mymail.com, bob@maymail.com, etc. in
> different
> > spots throughout the list based on the first letter of the email
> > addresses--alphabetically.
> >
> > I want to group all users @mymail.com together--in separate cells and
> rows.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Tx,
> > Sat

Fantastic.
It works great--And I DID need to leave each address in one cell per address
to be able to export it easily, etc.
Very helpful.
Thanks to both of you.
Sat

"unlikeKansas" <unlikeKansas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> However, if you want to keep the address as one field, for each address
insert the formula:

> =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1,1)+1) where A1 is the cell that contains
your address in an unused column.

> This will create just the @...... part of the address in a separate cell.
You can then do a normal sort using that range of ceels as the sort key.

> unlikeKansas
>
> "Norman Jones" wrote:
>
> > Hi Saturnin,
> >
> > Try: Data | Text to Columns | Delimited | Delimiters | Other @
> >

> > ---
> > Regards,
> > Norman
> >

> > "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I have a list of email addresses that I use for periodic mailings ant
it
> > is
> > > currently sorted alphabetically.
> > > However, I would like to sort the addresses based on domain name.
> > > The addresses are each in one cell.
> > >
> > > Cell A1
> > > Name
> > > Cell A2
> > > joe@mymail.com
> > >
> > > I may have in the list: mary@mymail.com, bob@maymail.com, etc. in
> > different
> > > spots throughout the list based on the first letter of the email
> > > addresses--alphabetically.
> > >
> > > I want to group all users @mymail.com together--in separate cells and
> > rows.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Tx,
> > > Sat

0
saturnin02
7/12/2004 2:01:46 AM
Actually, Now that its is all sorted properly, is there a way to subtotal it
by DNS so that each group is collapsible and easy to separate?
That would help me in easily finding and getting tto the DNS group I want
and edit the addresses for example, etc.
Actually I have done this:
Select the range and use subtotal using count as the function and the column
containing the @mail.com as the factor.
Seems to work nicely.
Let me know if there is a better way.
Tx again

"unlikeKansas" <unlikeKansas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> However, if you want to keep the address as one field, for each address
insert the formula:

> =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1,1)+1) where A1 is the cell that contains
your address in an unused column.

> This will create just the @...... part of the address in a separate cell.
You can then do a normal sort using that range of ceels as the sort key.

> unlikeKansas
>
> "Norman Jones" wrote:
>
> > Hi Saturnin,
> >
> > Try: Data | Text to Columns | Delimited | Delimiters | Other @
> >

> > ---
> > Regards,
> > Norman
> >

> > "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I have a list of email addresses that I use for periodic mailings ant
it
> > is
> > > currently sorted alphabetically.
> > > However, I would like to sort the addresses based on domain name.
> > > The addresses are each in one cell.
> > >
> > > Cell A1
> > > Name
> > > Cell A2
> > > joe@mymail.com
> > >
> > > I may have in the list: mary@mymail.com, bob@maymail.com, etc. in
> > different
> > > spots throughout the list based on the first letter of the email
> > > addresses--alphabetically.
> > >
> > > I want to group all users @mymail.com together--in separate cells and
> > rows.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Tx,
> > > Sat

0
saturnin02
7/12/2004 2:13:32 AM
Did you type in that =subtotal() formula or did you sort your data first, then
apply Data|subtotals?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> Did you type in that =subtotal() formula or did you sort your data first,
then
> apply Data|subtotals?
>

> saturnin02 wrote:
> >
> > Actually, Now that its is all sorted properly, is there a way to
subtotal it
> > by DNS so that each group is collapsible and easy to separate?
> > That would help me in easily finding and getting tto the DNS group I
want
> > and edit the addresses for example, etc.
> > Actually I have done this:
> > Select the range and use subtotal using count as the function and the
column
> > containing the @mail.com as the factor.
> > Seems to work nicely.
> > Let me know if there is a better way.
> > Tx again
> >
> > "unlikeKansas" <unlikeKansas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > However, if you want to keep the address as one field, for each
address
> > insert the formula:
> > >
> > > =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1,1)+1) where A1 is the cell that contains
> > your address in an unused column.
> > >
> > > This will create just the @...... part of the address in a separate
cell.
> > You can then do a normal sort using that range of ceels as the sort key.
> > >
> > > unlikeKansas

> > it

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
saturnin02
7/13/2004 12:12:41 PM
That seems like the easiest way to me.  (I wasn't sure if you typed in the
=subtotal() formulas yourself.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
> That seems like the easiest way to me.  (I wasn't sure if you typed in the
> =subtotal() formulas yourself.)
>
> saturnin02 wrote:
> >
> > I sorted the data first using the sort function as descirbed in this
thread
> > and then used the Data|Subtotals
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > Did you type in that =subtotal() formula or did you sort your data
first,
> > then
> > > apply Data|subtotals?

> > subtotal it
> > want
> > column

> > address

> > cell.

> > ant

in

> > and

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > ec35720@msn.com
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
saturnin02

Payee List
Is there a way to stop money from automatically every single transactions description downloaded to my payee list? I only want the Payees I have setup for electronic payments with my bank to list when I go to electronically post a bill payment. In microsoft.public.money, Kevin wrote: >Is there a way to stop money from automatically every single transactions >description downloaded to my payee list? [M05]Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->ConfirmNewPayees [other]Tools->Options->Editing->ConfirmNewPayees will give you the option to not add a payee to the ...

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

Can I add a domain to the Blocked Senders list?
I am just getting used to Outlook 2003 and trying to make use of the SP{AM filter. I see that when I right click on a message that one of the options id to add a sender to the "Blocked Senders List" Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Thanks Dunc Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? There is an easy way, if you're running Outlook 2003+SP1. Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail...

Discount Lists 01-28-05
Hey all, First time posting here! Have an issue with a discount list not applying to a Price List Item. It seems to be applied to the PLI, but when I bring up a quote, and say order 5 of something, they are still at the same unit price as if I ordered 1. Is there another place where I need to define the discount list? Also, is there a good CRM site that lists some FAQs or just a good site on CRM? Thanks! Michael Hi Michael When you open the discount price item under the price list is the discount list specified here? Thats quite a tongue twister! To answer your query on other ...

Some Contacts List messages going into Junk Mail folder
My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email addresses set up in WLM. We also share the Contacts folder. Starting about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages. What might we be missing in our setup? Gordon Biggar Hotmail type accounts for both email addresses ? - Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com *Note: All Hotmai...

Locking a Marketing List
I can't find any information about what it means to Lock a marketing list. I've searched the KB, the web, the Help, and the marketing automation training materials, but have not found any references to this and how it's used. What does this mean? Steve, Flagging a Marketing List as "locked" turns off the Manage Members functionality. It prevents you from being able to use the Advanced Find controls for adding, removing and evaluating marketing list members from the marketing list screens as well as selecting records from a list view and adding them to that list. Ho...

HOW TO SORT A PIVOT TABLE
How to automatically make that the pivot tables sorts data by itself. Every time a change one value it mixes up my figures.... Right click in the field to be sorted to get a menu Click Field Click Advanced Choose the sort option. Regards BrianB ============================================= "Alex" <alexdfsvsdffgdfgsdg@skynet.be> wrote in message news:<e6Ur9J3hDHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > How to automatically make that the pivot tables sorts data by itself. Every > time a change one value it mixes up my figures.... THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH "Br...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

Unpopulated Cell Address
Hi I'm a newbie and was wondering can anyone help with my query. I am trying to find out how to print a spreadsheet with just the data that is contained in certain cell address's. Where a cell address is not populated I want the whole row to not appear in a printed copy. Any ideas? Try this idea Sub hiderowsandprint() With Range("a1:a21") .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Rows.Hidden = True .Resize(21, 8).PrintPreview .Rows.Hidden = False End With End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mick Smith" <notsa...

storing multiple list selections in access
i have 2 tables, table a and table b. is it possibile for a control bound to table a (a list box, with multiple selections eneabled) to be able to select multiple records from table b, and store them? i.e. table A record 1 has table B records 1,2,3,4,8,12, and so on selected while Table A record 2 only has table B records 3, 8 and 15 selected, and so on.. is there some way to store those selections within table A? for those curious, i'm making a character sheet for an RPG.. table A is the actual sheet, while B is the list of spells.. i'm looking for a way to store which spells each ...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Watch/Ignore in email
What does the watch/ignore option mean in the email section? What does it mean when it says "this message is being watched" at the top of an email? Who is watching? If you're in outlook express - reading newsgroups for example - you can click the space underneath the eyeglasses and level with your message. this will change the colour to red (it does on mine). you can then sort your messages by clicking the eyeglasses at the top and the messages will be sorted showing the marked ones at the top of the page. This is very useful when you post to a newsgroup and don't want t...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

How to find a value with multi-column, multi-record list
I have a spreadsheet with $costs arranged according to values in both rows and columns. How do I create drop down lists for both the rows and columns and then return the cell value? eg if I have 5 rows (2-6) and 6 columns (B-G) with costs arranged in each cell within this group how do I create drop downs for each selection, 2-6 and B-G, and return the value to a selected cell. In a typical table of this nature there would be descriptive row and column headers. To do a lookup on this table you would then look for the intersection of a specific row header and a specific column ...

Sort Warning disabled? Need to enable it
I am trying to Sort from A-Z, but the normal warning to expand the selection does not appear? Is there some way to enable this or work around it to filter the entire document by the column I choose? Select all of your data before sorting. The warning only appears (sometimes) if XL can easily detect that you ahve adjacent data. -- Best Regards, Luke M "gnat" <gnat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B1329C-2A83-4C37-8010-BF0E0BC1D10A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to Sort from A-Z, but the normal warning to expand the >selection > ...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

Sort and report category items
I'm an Excel rookie using Excel 2008. And this is probably a very beginner question. Example of problem: Sheet has three(3) columns (A, B, C) with the first two being text cells. A: Organization type B: Organization name C: Organization $ The rows contain the information for each year and then within each year a row for each organization reporting that year. I'd like to create a report with: A List of all organizations by each type and not repeat the names. This would look like: Type 1: Company X Company Z Type 2: Company Y Type 3: Company M Compa...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

imported distributions lists show as contacts
Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists, then imported into a new system. Teh imported DL's show up as separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a simplified way to correct? Version of Outlook they were exported from and imported into? How did you import them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

Sorting lists side by side to match variables
Hello everyone, I have a problem that I need to find a solution for. I have a list o all the stores with a particular trait that carry my at least one of m items. Then, I have a list for each item with all the stores tha carry that particular item. What I want to do is sort this data s that the store numbers under each item are matched up with th corresponding store numbers in the master store list. I'll give you a example of the problem. Here is what the data looks like now: Master Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 1 2 3 1 3 2 4 2 4 3 4 4 And here is what I would like it to look...

Sending an email to multiple contacts
As suggested by people on one of these newsgroups, I have abandoned Outlook's broken distribution list functionality to use this "Categorize" feature. So I now have my hundreds of individuals all categorized and I want to send an email to everyone in a certain category. I do not see any sign that this functionality is supported, in fact, it seems like Microsoft actually broke the functionality intentionally. I have created my email and have opened my contacts. I sorted based upon category, selected the items in the category and dragged those items to the "To.....

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Outlook 2007 Delegate not receiving invite emails
One of my assistants is not always receiving meeting invites (on behalf of) from our clients even though the executive she supports has her as a delegate. They are both using Outlook 2007 on a 2007 exchange server. Any ideas or others having this trouble? ...