Sorting groups of info

I need help sorting groups of information.  I have about 15 groups of data each 5 columns wide and a length that varies between 5-10 rows.  Each group's title is in the 3rd column.  Is there any way that I can sort the groups of data ascending by their titles (without having to reformat the group of data?

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi, Sue,

If by "Each group's title is in the 3rd column." you mean
that the title looks like a heading and is not embedded
in the data, then I don't believe there's an easy way to
sort the groups short of copying that title down in some
out-of-the-way column for each record and use that to
sort by....

jeff

0
anonymous (74722)

keep record and groups in record together
I just posted this but I'm not sure if it actually posted so I am reposting. Sorry if this is twice. I am trying to keep records from splitting, bleeding onto the next page. I don't want each record on one page, but I don't want a record to start on one page and continue on the next page. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Debbie Go the section header and right click to get properties. Set force new page to before section, after section, or both depending on what you need. "Debbie S." wrote: > I just posted this but I'm not sure if it actually post...

blank page prints after group (sometimes)
I have report of students with the class_id defined as a group. "Force New Page" is defined "Before Section". Whether I have a page and a group header defined (they can be the same anyway) or just a page header defined, I am getting the same problem: 27 students can fit onto a page. However, if there is a class of 25 students, the next page is blank except for the header. (I have not seen a class of 27 students so I have not tested that yet). I can't seem to find a way out of it. Where I am I going wrong? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.acce...

external members of distribution groups do not see all addressees
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 with some clients using Outlook 2003 and some Outlook XP. When they send email to a distribution group which has both internal and external addresses. Those internal users see in the To: or CC: all of the addressees, but those with external addresses only see some of the addressees. How can I get it to show all recipients for everyone? Thanks ...

Count over group
I have a view that I want to count the occurrance of a FedIDNo only once in a group of linked SSNs (using ROW_NUMBER() OVER ?). For instance, if I have the following I want to count only 1: FedIDNo SSN 123456789 987654321 123456789 998877654 Below is my SQL. SELECT dbo.ClientInfo.FedIDNo, dbo.People.SSN FROM dbo.Timesheets INNER JOIN dbo.ClientInfo ON dbo.Timesheets.ClientLinkID = dbo.ClientInfo.PeopleLinkID INNER JOIN dbo.People INNER JOIN dbo.PeopleLink ON dbo.People.PersonID = dbo....

Sorted vector
Hello everyone.... I have a vector of POINT: typedef vector<POINT> vectPoints; I'd like to have an ordered array of this vector so I can remove and insert "sources of POINT" in ordered way... so I thought about sets... It is possible to have something like: typedef set<int, vectPoints> array_of_POINTS so I could have that int as order key?... If yes, how I could "insert" since doing array_of_POINTS afP; vectPoints vp; .... afP.insert(idxorder, vp); doesn't work?... thanks to all! Ciao Luigi Luigino wrote: > Hello...

Sort a range of Dates on a subform
I have a Form and a Subform where I have datas and every record has a field named: Wdate also I have a field where I put a date I would like to press a button to sort equal or less dates than the date that I put on the field, please help Thanks in advance -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 08:28:00 -0800, ldiaz <ldiaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Form and a Subform where I have datas and every record has a field >named: Wdate >also I have a field where I put a date >I would like to press a button to sort equal or less dates than ...

How do I group record w/same info but different number in a row
How do I group a record with same info but different number in a row. Example below: ID, lname, fname, dob, fallqty, ID, lname, fname, dob, springqty How do I write the code to put the column "springqty" on the same line with the "fallqty" and group the rest of the info since they are all the same(ID, lname, fname, dob)? ...

when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or someth.
when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or something like that, then it tells me that "the of folders couldn't be opened" and then it shuts down. i can't even open it to tweak the preferences and fix the problem.....what is my problem anyway ? JD <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or something > like that, then it tells me that "the of folders couldn't be opened" > and then it shuts down. i can't even open it to tweak the > preferences an...

Money 2006 small business sorting by customers name
Is there a way to sort customer name by their last name? If I enter name last name first, the invoices are printed last name first. So, if I enter name first name first one cannot find transactions alphabetically. Any suggestions? -- Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D. Hope, New Jersey ...

Pivot Table Month Grouping ? ? ?
Hi All I basically have 2 data columns, the first is a date in the format dd/mm/yy and the second are sales values for that day. My question is this: When I create a Pivot Table from this, is there a way to show the data grouped by month without having to add extra columns to the data (e.g. =month(a1) =year(a1)) Many Thanks in Advance John Hi in the pivot table open the pivot table menu and choose 'Group / sort' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "John" <Johns2003@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4164e48c$0$15892$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... &...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

How to hide the Group Box lines around options buttons??
I'm working on my first Excel form and need to create option buttons with Excel's forms toolbar. After making several sets of Group Boxes, I can't figure out how to remove the Group Box frame surrounding the option buttons. I know it's something very simple but would appreciate your help. Thanks, Charlie charlie6067 You can hide the groupboxes in code--I don't think that there's any other way. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window type this and hit enter. activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false If you only want to hide a single groupbo...

How do I print only certain info on my excell sheet IE: no SS# or.
Please write your question in the *body* of the message. ...

Rule that sort an attachment
How do I make a rule in Outlook that sort a message into a special map depending on the name of an attachment "qwery" <qwery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A15F35CB-3575-46C2-B394-2A0B1DF17697@microsoft.com... > How do I make a rule in Outlook that sort a message into a special map > depending on the name of an attachment Outlook's built-in rules cannot check the name of an attachment. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Photos not moving with rows when sorted!
Excel 2000. A worksheet with names of people, and various data about them. Each row is a record--the person's first name, last name, and various data, each column is a field. One column is labeled "Photo", and has a small photo of the person in it. I notice that when I sort the rows, by data in one of the columns, such as "first name", "last name", etc., the photos do not sort correctly with their rows. Why? Do photos just remember their place on the page, their cell position (E7 or whatever), and not the row they are in, are not considered part of the row...

How to archive Group email box
Our group has a group inbox and we have reached our limit. Is there a good way for us to store archived emails on SharePoint so the group can access them? Not sure if we have full permission on this group box because we can't set up any rules like we can on our personal email. Thanks, Cheryl Sure, just move the items to the SharePoint folder like you would do with your own emails. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real...

Messages not delivered to another Routing Group HELP NEEDED
I have three routing groups ( exchange in the 3 of them are Exch 2k sp3 ). Mail from one server ( in my headquarter routing group ) to another ( in one branch office routing group ) is getting stucked in MESSAGES WITH UNREACHABLE DESTINATION and not routed to that server. Connectors seems to be working just fine. After add my other exchange server from my headqurter group to the connector to be albe to send mail it shows the queue now in the connector but does not sends anything. Otherwise, mail from my branch office to my headquarter correctly sends mail. Any help would be gre...

grouping ...
columnA ColumnB ColumnC columnD 12345 23 78956 10.00 12345 23 89153 15.00 56780 23 15687 20.00 56780 23 15890 20.00 12345 23 78853 30.00 12345 23 87568 30.00 I am importing a table from an external source structured as above and if I sum columnD based on grouping on columnA I would get total for 12345 = 85.00 4 detail records 56780 = 40.00 2 detail records what I want to get however is 12345 = 25.00 2 detail records 56780 = 40.00 2 detail records ...

Get CtrlID from Msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP
Hi all, We can get CtrlID from msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP event? In Msg info, we can get Handle of Ctrl, but i dn't know how to get CtrlID. any one know, please me know, thanks very much. Used function below, it works int GetCtrlID(HWND hWnd) { CWnd* pChild = CWnd::FromHandle( hWnd ); pChild->FromHandle(hWnd); return pChild->GetDlgCtrlID(); } "James Duy Trinh" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ORP3U3MLIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > We can get CtrlID from msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP event? In Msg info, we can > get Handle...

Outlook 2007 send group emails without disclosure of recipient details
i got an email, i cannot see the recipient details. when look into the email header, it seems come from X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.5510 Can i do it at Outlook 2007? Thanks a lot. Tony Sure, you can do it in any email clients if you put the senders in the BCC field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Outlook 2002 contact "group by" box is greyed out.
I had to reconstruct my outlook.pst file and had some issues with not being able to delete messages, so I made a new .pst and copied all the messages over then renamed the files. I copied all my contacts but I like to group my contacts by category but the option to turn this function on in the "Customize current view" dialog is greyed out. How do I turn this back on. It worked before for me. -- ______________________ Jeff Cook Jeff.Coast@verizon.net On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:28:43 GMT, Jeffrey Cook <see.sig@For.Address> wrote: >I had to reconstruct my outlook.pst file and ha...

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

Query-based distribution group anomaly
When I do a TOOLS ~ OPTIONS ~ DELEGATES in Outlook 2003 and try to set a query-based distribution group as a delegate it seems to accept the group and whatever permissions I assign. But as soon as I click OK and then come back in to inspect it, the query-based distribution group has no permissions at all. This happens every time. However, in the same situation, whenever I assign a Global Security Group as a delegate and assign permissions, they stick. Should my query-based distribution group be accepted or is this kind of group not permitted as a delegate? But then if it's not perm...

Sorting messages by sender
I've recently changed from using Outlook 2003 on an old Celeron PC running Win 2k, to a new P4 machine with XP. On the old set-up, I could click on the 'From' column header to sort messages in a mail folder by sender, then start typing the name of the sender to quickly take me to the messages from that person. This was very useful and I used this feature regularly, although it only seemed to work for the first three characters of the name, the fourth character entered would then take the cursor to the first instance of a name beginning with this letter. This was fine as the firs...