sorting customer name and IP with value

any script to sort following list?
i have the following IP address, customer name and value

    A                                     B                               C
IP address                customer name            value
10.10.10.1                        Lee                          10
10.10.10.2                        wong                        30
10.10.10.3                        chan                        40
10.10.10.4                        chan                        15
10.10.10.9                        wong                        16
10.10.10.11                      Lee                           30
10.10.10.5                         Kee                         35

after sorting( compare the value of the same customer  name, choose the
highest value and sort to the top, other value with same name sort to bottom.
Then continue  compare the value of the same customer  name,repeat the
process again. lastly, the customer appear one in the list will be sorted at
the bottom of the highest value of the same customer name)

                                                after sorting
    A                                     B                               C
IP address                customer name            value
10.10.10.3                        chan                        40
10.10.10.2                        wong                        30
10.10.10.11                      Lee                           30
10.10.10.5                        Kee                         35
10.10.10.1                        Lee                          10
10.10.10.9                        wong                        16
10.10.10.4                        chan                        15

May be what i explaining here is quite confusing, hopefully you all can
understand..thanks

"kokhong" wrote:
may be i have to change the other way to tell you the problem and the way i
plan to solve it: below is my excel file:

>     A                                     B                               C
> IP address                customer name            value
> 10.10.10.1                        Lee                          10
> 10.10.10.11                      Lee                           30
> 10.10.10.2                        wong                        30
> 10.10.10.9                        wong                        16
> 10.10.10.3                        chan                        40
> 10.10.10.4                        chan                        15
> 10.10.10.5                         Kee                         35

let say username lee is appeared in the list twice.two value of lee will be
compare, the lee with count 30 will be highlight. For user name wong will do
the same, two value of wong will be compare,wong with 30 will be highlight.
chan 40 will be highlight, kee will be highlight even appear once.

lastly, sort all the highlight columns to the top of the list..

any way to do it?thanks..

> any script to sort following list?
> i have the following IP address, customer name and value
>
>     A                                     B                               C
> IP address                customer name            value
> 10.10.10.1                        Lee                          10
> 10.10.10.2                        wong                        30
> 10.10.10.3                        chan                        40
> 10.10.10.4                        chan                        15
> 10.10.10.9                        wong                        16
> 10.10.10.11                      Lee                           30
> 10.10.10.5                         Kee                         35
>
> after sorting( compare the value of the same customer  name, choose the
> highest value and sort to the top, other value with same name sort to bottom.
> Then continue  compare the value of the same customer  name,repeat the
> process again. lastly, the customer appear one in the list will be sorted at
> the bottom of the highest value of the same customer name)
>
>                                                 after sorting
>     A                                     B                               C
> IP address                customer name            value
> 10.10.10.3                        chan                        40
> 10.10.10.2                        wong                        30
> 10.10.10.11                      Lee                           30
> 10.10.10.5                        Kee                         35
> 10.10.10.1                        Lee                          10
> 10.10.10.9                        wong                        16
> 10.10.10.4                        chan                        15
>
> May be what i explaining here is quite confusing, hopefully you all can
> understand..thanks

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

Suggest Names While Completing .....
Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of actually turning this feature off? Our CEO's PA has returned from leave but her home email address keeps popping up as an option. Ta Ian When Outlook suggests the name, highlight it with the arrow keys and then press the delete key. "Ian Kynaston" <IKynaston@nospam.propertyoz.com.au> wrote in message news:554f01c4743a$a34b6910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of > actually turning this feature off? > > Our CEO's PA has returned from leave b...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Excel ask duplicate NAMES when duplicate a worksheets
I have added a NAME called "Above" where point to the cell just above the current cell. The formula is "=INDIRECT("R[-1]C",)" In some workbook, when I duplicate a worksheets, this name will remain silent and work ok. But in some workbooks, when I first duplicate a worksheets, the same name ABOVE will be duplicate and a new local name (belongs to that new worksheet) will be created. If I further duplicate that new worksheets in to a new worksheets, the third worksheets will be warned that a dupicate NAME is existed and ask whether refer to another name or use a ne...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

Return values that sum to a known value
I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would return any items from that list that sum to a known value. Have a look at this thread for something similar: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?pg=7&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&fltr= Regards, Tom "lmattern" wrote: > I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would > return any items from that list that sum to a known value. ...

Sort behaves unexpectedly
Over the years I've come to count on being able to sort be a column header. That is, all of the rows below the headers have data and at least two rows above the headers are empty. I have a spreadsheet now where rows 1, 2 and 3 have random info in them. Rows 4 and 5 are empty. Row six has column labels, and rows 7-45 have data. If I put my cursor on one of the headers (e.g., "name"), and click sort a/z, it sorts only the rows in the group, but it sorts the header row into the rest of them. Rows 1-3 aren't affected. How come? I've never had this happen before. ...

Vendor/Customer Secondar Address
Hi I have written small program in C# by using Econnect 10 I updating Customer and Vendor it works fine but I cannot update the Secondary address for both Customer/Vendor can any body tell me which Econnect schema I have to use to update the Secondary address. Regards Thirumal ...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

New Static IP
SBS2003R2 We'll be moving our office this coming weekend. We will be getting a new static IP from our ISP (I tried to get them to let us keep our existing one but they said that would take "an act of God"). Our mail is delivered to our server after being filtered for spam by McAfee. Our server is configured to only allow mail from McAfee's range of IP address and an internal IP for a "scan to email" device. In an effort to make this move as smooth as possible I'll be calling McAfee in advance of this move and setting up a "ticket number"...

building a custom calender control
I'm trying to build a calender control that will allow the user to select a month and display any appoitments / jobs due for that month. I want it to look like the calender in Outlook. i'm having trouble creating this in ACCESS 2007. Could anyone help please? This is a gigantic task. Is there some particular area where you are having a problem? Most people would opt for automation of outlook rather than trying to accomplish this... -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t wor...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

ComboBox with AutoCompleteMode = SuggestAppend and custom search (Contains)?
Hi, I have a class FlightStation with a Search property that combines two attributes. I like to search not only for matching strings from the beginning, but rather from any where in the string. (With the Contains method or the string class) What is the best and quickest solution to implement such a search when using a combobox and not a TextBox for the input? I know about implementing a derived class like this: class FlightStationBindingList : BindingList<FlightStation> { // ... } But is there a more quick and dirty solution ?! - Sorry :-) My solution with the Tex...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

Storing distinct values in an array
Hello .. in the speadsheet, i have a column containing a series of numbers maybe of them repeated multiple times... i would like to store all distinct values in an array any ideas on how i could do that ... eg , if these were the numbers going down column then 1 3 5 7 5 3 5 7 5 4 3 4 5 7 8 5 3 .. store 1,3,5,7,9,4,8 in an array, in no specifi order thank you shimee -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

Customer Messages
I know that you can link a pop-up message to an item that will display on the POS when an item is scanned. Can you do something like this for when a customer is selected? We have a membership program that has an expiration date and requires reapplying, we would like to know how close to the expiration when a customer is entered. Thank you for you help Not out of the box. Maybe someone will reply with a custom add-on. Are you tracking the expiration date using one of the custom date fields in the customer record? If you are not using the custom number fields, if one is avai...

Customizing a CFontDialog
In my program the user has to choose several fonts. I've put a button on MyOptionsDialog that right now just runs a CFontDialog with its DoModal() member function. But the caption on the dialog is simply "FONT". Is there any (easy) way to customize this to remind the user of which font he's choosing? TIA Norm "Ken Lee" <DoNotSendMeMail@Junk.com> wrote in message news:058001c3606e$fdbfcb60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > >-----Original Message----- > >In my program the user has to choose several fonts. I've > put a button on &g...