Sorting an Array #3

I have an array of 2 columns: A & B.  A contains a Product Code and B
contains a Product Description which can sometimes be unique or sometimes the
same description.  For example:
      A1     B1
1    X8   ThingA
2    X8   ThingA
3    G9   WidgetA
4    S5   PartA
5    G9   WidgetB
6    X8   PartB
7    W1  StuffA
8    W1  StuffA
9    X8   ThingA

I need to be able to create a list, by Product Code, listing only one
occurrance per product description.  Essentially, the same way a Filter
displays items in a column.

--
Regards...
0

You could select column B.
Then Data|filter|advanced filter
check the unique entries box.

Then select that range, hit Edit|goto|special|visible cells only
and then copy that selection

Paste into a new location (worksheet???)

Debra Dalgleish has some instructions with pictures at:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You could select column B.
> Then Data|filter|advanced filter
> check the unique entries box.
>
> Then select that range, hit Edit|goto|special|visible cells only
> and then copy that selection
>
> Paste into a new location (worksheet???)
>
> Debra Dalgleish has some instructions with pictures at:
> http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR
>
> cincode5 wrote:
> >
> > I have an array of 2 columns: A & B.  A contains a Product Code and B
> > contains a Product Description which can sometimes be unique or sometimes the
> > same description.  For example:
> >       A1     B1
> > 1    X8   ThingA
> > 2    X8   ThingA
> > 3    G9   WidgetA
> > 4    S5   PartA
> > 5    G9   WidgetB
> > 6    X8   PartB
> > 7    W1  StuffA
> > 8    W1  StuffA
> > 9    X8   ThingA
> >
> > I need to be able to create a list, by Product Code, listing only one
> > occurrance per product description.  Essentially, the same way a Filter
> > displays items in a column.
> >
> > --
> > Regards...
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
cincode5 (56)

Add new user in CRM 3.0
On a new system, using the web interface to add a new user, ust after putting in domain\username I get the message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system admnistrator" - no info from AD is displayed. Using the Deployment Manager, I never manage to get any domains or users listed. This leaves me unable to add users at all.. Single Domain: Win2003 with AD. SQL 2005 Svr SP1 Any help would be appreciated.. You might go to the web.config file in the CRM root folder and set remote errors to Off so you can get an informative error message. -- Matt Wittema...

DREMEL 1/32 Engraving Cutter (3/32 Shank), Part No. 111
Price:$2.66 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000WE5NV0 Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000WE5NV0 The Dremel rotary tool is lightweight, compact and versatile, which makes it very "friendly". This tool works differently from any other tool you've ever owned. With more than 150 available accessories, you can use it to cut, sand, shape, drill, buff, g ...

Navigation Bar #3
I am having problem with the navigation bar on the bottom of my web page. The links seem to be properly set up and work while working inside publisher. Once I preview as a web page or publish, the links no longer work. Any thoughts? Thank you! You did not specify what version of Publisher you are using or which browser, but it sounds like you are previewing the site in FireFox. The bottom navbar is converted to an image in both Pub 2003 and 2007 webs for the version of the web pages that are rendered by FireFox. The html coding engine produces a different version for IE. The fix for this...

Sorting with PivotTable
Hi all, I have spent half the day in finding how to solve the problem. :( Suppose I have a list of products, with product price, ID, name, type date of arrival, etc. I want to sort the products by their type and print the correspondin details together on a report, i.e. Type A Orange ID1234 $0.5 Banana ID1111 $1.0 Type B Pear ID ID1112 $1.2 Type C Cars ID1200 $50 Can I do so by pivottable? If no, any other good suggestion? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Create a pivot table with type, name, and ID in the row area, and price in the data area Double-click on t...

Macro to sort variable data range fails
Hi, Can you please help me identify why this macro is failing with the following error? Runtime error 1004: Sort method of Range class failed Row 7 is the header row Data range has a variable number of rows (so using end(xldown) to select the range) Using column BA to select a contiguous range of cells as all cells are populated in the column Then using that selection to select entire rows in my list Sorting as per criteria using row 7 as header row Rows("7:7").Select Range("BA7").Activate Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)).Select ...

display order of values without sorting
I would like to create a sheet that can give me a weighted score at the end of the row. What I mean by this is I have a sheet with 4 colums and 10 rows, each of the rows will have a weighted number in each of the colums with a total at the end. With out sorting the rows I would like to rank them in importance, the highest number being a 1 the next a 2 the next highest a 3 and so on. Is there a function that does this or does someone have a formula? Thanks Try this… This formula will create logic and will assign a value for the equivalent word. =IF(A1="two"...

Importing Address Book #3
Happy New Year to all you hard working people down there. I've tried to import my Outlook Express Address book into Outlook 2000. No matter what form I try to import with it fails. Can this be done? If so, How. File > Import and Export > Internet Mail and Addresses -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rudy de Vries" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007801c3d0a4$43fd8d10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Happy New Year to all you hard working people down there. > > I've tried to import my Outlook Express Address book into > Outlook 20...

subtotals #3
My worksheet contains 57,000 rows of data in the following format: Part Nbr Item Nbr Price 687223007-5 019-038 257.82 687223007-5 68-1366 20.24 687223007-5 68-1378 2.34 687223007-5 68-2232 223.68 687223007-5 68-4115 242.40 687223007-5 019-038 131.07 687223007-5 68-1366 10.12 687223007-5 68-1378 1.17 687223007-5 58-1856 4.24 687223007-5 68-2232 109.23 687223007-5 68-4115 110.80 687233016-4 019-003 76.24 687233016-4 68-2232 22.58 687233016-4 019-003 78.24 687233016-4 68-2232 27.72 687233016-4 019-003 80.78 687233016-4 68-2232 ...

Changing Business Units in CRM 3.0
Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most recent edits updated to system of record? On Jun 10, 1:44 am, KEO <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to > change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using > the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most > recent edits ...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name. #3
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...

sort addresses
I have Windows XP Professional and Office 2000 on the main computer. I have two computers linked via a hub. The main computer is incapable of sorting the email addresses in Outlook. However the 2nd computer is sorting the addresses fine. 2nd computer uses Windows 98 and Office 2000. How can I get the main computer to sort email addresses? I also cannot find the "auto response" on the main computer when in Outlook so that I could send a vacation response when traveling. Nancy Sorting email addresses where and in which mail support mode of Outlook 2000? If you don'...

Page Numbers #3
Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run consecutively from one sheet to the next? If you select multiple sheets, then print, Excel will consecutively # the pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet to the next? >. > If I understand correctly, you can do this in the header/footer . You can insert the function and it will automatically number your pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet ...

Dialog Box #3
I need some simple advice on how to make a dialog box launch with the auto open macro to have a value entered by the user and pasted in a cell on the worksheet. Thanks in advance. Look in VBA help for Application.InputBox I use this in an autofilter for entering are codes when filtering on phone numbers Sub Area_Code() Application.ScreenUpdating = False UserVal = Application.InputBox("Enter Area Code") If UserVal = False Then Exit Sub Else Selection.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=UserVal & "*", Operator:=xlAnd End If Application...

Inventory Reconcile #3
Can anyone tell me what changed in the Inventory Reconcilliation process between GP 6.0 and GP 7.5? Thanks ...

Charting Question #3
I have a table of data which I create a scatter graph to show the points. Is there an easy way to add labels through VBA? For eaxample if I have the data below in a spreadsheet and I want column B to be the X-axis and column C to be the Y-axis how can I easily/automatically add the text in column A as the data label? Also, oes it matter what order the data is sorted in? I want to sort by column A. Thanks A B C 1 Florida 2.5 500 2 Maine 2.7 300 sfrancoe wrote: > I have a table of data which I create a scatter graph to show the points. Is > there...

why does Random: Rnd() not work for random sort?
Hi I'm trying to generate some random numbers in a query in order to allow a random sort of the query using a calculated field called Random: Rnd(). Problem is, the exact same random number is generated for every record in the query thus negating any ability to create a random sort. I've also tried Random: Rnd(-1) Random: Rnd(0) and Random: Rnd(1) as well as other integers with the same result. I'm using Access 2007. Any help/thoughts? thanks, craig On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:35:19 -0600, "Craig" <msaccess@howardhowardfine.com> wrote: >Hi >...

Advanced Sortting Issue
Please Help!!! I pretty good with Excell, but I don't really know the lingo so bear with me Here is what I'm dealing with. I have lets say something that looks like this below. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S Employee Position Employee # Rating Bob Smith Cheif 1234567 Unlimited Document Orig Date Exp Date Comment CPR 1-1-1999 1-1-2002 none MMD 1-3-1998 1-4-2005 none First Aid 1-3-1999 1-3-2002 none Now lets say I have 10 Employee's and want to keep track of when different "Docume...

System Mailbox #3
Hello, I have an Exchange 2000 server that does not have the System Mailbox. Mailbox store can be accessesd fine by our 250 users but when trying out Spam Solutions we finally figured out the reason they were not working was due to no System Mailbox which is used to fire off the trigger events in the Spam Solution. I am on Exchange 2000 SP3 with Windows 2000 AVD SP4. Any help would be appreciated Ali Are you referring to the System Attendent mailbox? The only way to re-create that mailbox is to create and mount a new mailbox store. Are you using Enterprise? If so, you can create a n...

sorting by series
Is there a quick way I can sort a worksheet by a series like Mon thru Fri or Jan thru Dec instead of alphabetically? I want to sort a data list that contains days of the week from Mon thru Sat and then subtotal them. Thanks, Tom Tom in the sort dialogue box, choose Options and pick the one you need. You can also define a Custom Sort Order Regards Trevor "Tom James" <tombenjames@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:VFu_g.14680$gU6.10701@tornado.socal.rr.com... > Is there a quick way I can sort a worksheet by a series like Mon thru Fri > or Jan thru Dec instead...

Mailbox security #3
I'm struggling with a security issue with a 40 user Exchange Server 2003 problem. All mailboxes can be opened in Outlook 2003 by anybody! I have checked Mailbox Rights and tried to understand the Effective Permissions, but I am missing the point here. I know that 'out-of-the-box', Exchange Server 2003 does not permit opening of other mailboxes by default and I am certain that a change has been made post installation. Any thoughts as to how I might resolve this? TIA Maurice You need to look specifically who has Send As/Receive As permissions on the mailbox store. If,...

Nested if statements Arrays
I basically have a collum of dates and I want to have a descriptive cell with the range of dates. The dates are all entered from another sheet by a user and this page is a summary page the formula looks something like: =A25&"-"&IF(AND(A26=0,A27=0,A28=0,A29=0,A30=0,A31=0,A32=0,A33=0,A34=0,A3 5=0,A36=0,A37=0),A25,IF(AND(A27=0,A28=0,A29=0,A30=0,A31=0,A32=0,A33=0,A3 4=0,A35=0,A36=0,A37=0),A26,IF(AND(A28=0,A29=0,A30=0,A31=0,A32=0,A33=0,A3 4=0,A35=0,A36=0,A37=0),A27 with A25 being the first date and the sequence of IF statements determining what the end date should be. This works...

2000 folder scheduled sync fails #3
Running Outlook 2000 under Win2K as an Admin user connecting to an Exchange server (corporate email). I have Outlook configured to auto-sync my offline folders with the server every 90 minutes. Unfortunately, Outlook never does this for me at the interval specified. At the end of the week I'll check the properties and find that the last sync date was last week. I've tried different intervals with no luck When I manually sync the folders, or set Outlook to sync at close, the folders are synced. Any ideas? ...

Emailing Quotes, Orders and Invoices in Microsoft CRM 3.0
Currently, there is no way to send out Quotes, Orders and Invoices to customers through the Microsoft CRM 3.0 interface. This is a primary requirement for many customers as Sales persons need to email quotes to their leads and accounts. Is there a way this can be achieved? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

Incoming emails #3
how do I forward emails from old MSN mail box to my new OUTLOOK incoming mailbox? "Tripper" <Tripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C44BC50E-E9C7-4797-AB35-79E75168A542@microsoft.com... > how do I forward emails from old MSN mail box to my new OUTLOOK incoming > mailbox? You don't need to. Download and install the Outlook Connector and set up your MSN account in Outlook. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7aad7e6a-931e-438a-950c-5e9ea66322d4&displaylang=en ...

Everyone group #3
Hey! Are there a few alternatives as far as setting up an "Everyone" group in Exchange 2003? Obviously can't name it "Everyone" because it conflicts with the system group with the same name... Or can I mail enable the system group? TIA! / Per Hagstrom On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:05:40 -0500, "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote: >Hey! > >Are there a few alternatives as far as setting up an "Everyone" group in >Exchange 2003? > >Obviously can't name it "Everyone" because it conflicts with the syste...