sORTING #6

Hi i want to auto sort a league range C4:G19, i have tried the auto sort routine:-  Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C4:G19")) Is Nothing The
Range("C4:G19").Sort Key1:=Columns("G"
End I
End Su

Which works ok if i input the figures into the league, but the league is updated from a seperate sheet using the IF command, but the league doesnt auto sort from a seperate shee

Any clues please
0
mjdwmj (1)

I think it would kind of drive me nuts to have it sort automatically (I run your
macro on demand.)

But try putting your sort statements into the worksheet_calculate event and see
if you like it.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

mx record #6
I just recently changed our mx records from an external ISP to point to our wan ip address on our T1 line. My firewall port 25 is pointing to our exchange server, however our mail is being reject and returning the e-mail to the sender with the following message attached: The following addresses had delivery problems: <someone@abc.com> this actually points to the reciever of the e-mail Permanent Failure: 550_5.7.1_<someone@abc.com>..._Relaying_denied Delivery last attempted at Mon, 15 May 2006 18:40:10 -0000 I have setup to enable relaying totally open!! Any help? JB ...

sorting in listview
Hello, I have Listview with 3 columns. I have already implemented the columnClicked event, created a custom class to take care of sorting on all columns (when column header is clicked). Works fine...all is well. BUT...what I would like to have now is the ability for the sort to "stick". I don't know how to articulate this better but I will try. I wish to have sorting capabilities similar to the ORDER BY clause in a SQL statement where the columns act together as a sort function... Let's say I have this Listview type value name 1 10 a 2 6 ...

Outlook 6 on XP
Hi I hope someone has encountered this. I have Windows XP running with office 97. I have Outlook 6 running. The problem is that my spell checker in outlook doesn't work. On checking the spelling I get - "An error has occured while speeling was being checked" I have run the repair from the CD. I have also removed spell checking and re-installed it. Spell checking works in ALL my other office products. The problem only occurs in Outlook. Thanks Ian http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224176 might be helpful. "Ian" <chenhsu@iafrica.co...

Sorting Data by date problem
Dear All, I have a bit of a problem sorting data but I feel it should be simple, but I cannot find a way to do it :-) What i want to achieve is to sort rows of data by date but insert blank rows into the data at various points. These points would be if the data is more than 15 days old and more than 5 days old. Therefore it would look like this Dates over 15 Days (list of dates in order of more than 15 days ago but not less than 5 days ago) Dates over 5 Days (list of dates over 5 days old) Dates OK (Dates up to 5 days old) Some of the dates used are Future dates and would be in the bo...

Sort multiple columns into one column
Once again I am here with yet another problem... I have several columns of serial numbers that I need to sort into one column. Is there anyway to just select all of the serial and sort them automatically? Here is an example of what the spreadsheet looks like: COLUMN 1 COLUMN 2 COLUMN 3 WBLM015780 WBLM006249 WBLM006249 WBMM025115 WFMM041685 WBLM006249 WDMM020958 WFMM074766 WBLM006249 WDMM021095 WFMM074766 WBLM006249 And I need to put them all into one column. I have hundred of serial numbers in each column and it would be a pain just to cut and paste. Thanks in advance! --- M...

SMTP problem #6
On our Exchange Server 2003, in the New SMTP Virtual Server wizard, I get only one IP address in the IP address drop down list. But the server has 2 network cards. How can I add the second IP address, in order to select it from the list? I've been searching everywhere, but I didn't find it. -- Riki Is the other IP address associated with an existing SMTP VS? Nue "Riki" <riki@bounce.com> wrote in message news:uGGGrdsmGHA.856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > On our Exchange Server 2003, in the New SMTP Virtual Server wizard, > I get only one IP address in the IP ...

to transfer OE 6 files to another XP computer
I need to transfer my OE 6 files from one XP computer to another -- what is the best way to do that? Jack Backup & Restore: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/clone.htm -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ejXX%23rw4KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I need to transfer my OE 6 files from one XP computer to another -- what >is > the best way to do that? > > J...

Strange behavior of the alphabetic sort order
An article in the KB (#168234 XL97: Hyphens and Apostrophes Are Sorted After Alphabetic Letters ) explains very well how the sort should work in the last versions of Excel. But it sounds like if Excel's sorting behaves differently, which get me in trubbles: Here are 3 lists A, B and C all sorted by Excel (every elements are separated by a comma for reading purpose).The third list does not work as expected since the hyphen character is not ignored at all. Does anybody have an explanation ? List A:1,-,+,a List B:11,1-,1+,1a List C:111,1+1,1-1,1a1 The Excel 2003 help file adds a li...

clipboard #6
Everytime I'm working in Excel 2003 and I copy or cut a cell to the right of the spreadsheet, the clipboard pops up and starts counting as I do my work... 1 of 24, 2 of 24, etc. How can I turn this annoying thing off! I really don't care how many times I copied cut something! Thanks! ...

sort option is greyed out in excel
Sort option is greyed out in excel 2000 premium edition. I am using windows 2000 pro and I have just formated my hard drive after my pc crashed. So I installed everything from scratch. Did I left something out? Do I have to install something else? I just can't get the sort option to work. I will really appreciate any help Thank you Gabriela Hi Gabriela check that the worksheet is not protected - tools / protection, and unprotect sheet (if it is an option). let us know if this solves the problem Cheers JulieD "donleyga" <donleyga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Excel Macros #6
Hi Ppl... Please could u guys refer me to sites where there are ready made macros available.... Id appreciate this as writing many diff macros would take up a lot of time i don't have a the moment. Thanks in advance... :) won't it take MORE time searching sites for a macro that does what you want than it would take to write the macro?! Reiro wrote: > Hi Ppl... > > Please could u guys refer me to sites where there are ready made macros > available.... > Id appreciate this as writing many diff macros would take up a lot of > time i don't have a the moment. ...

numeric sort on one sheet, automatically sorts alphabetical on another?
How can I set up a sheet where I would input a list of names and numbers sorted numerically, and have that data automatically placed in alphabetical order on another sheet. The application is a simple key locker i.e. Sheet 1 num desc 001 front door 002 back door 003 firehouse 004 apple house sheet 2 would automatically display as desc num apple house 004 back door 002 firehouse 003 front door 001 the printed output is most important so I could just sort before printing. But if the automation is possible it would be very interesting to see ...

Sort by column, not range
I'm trying to set up a macro that can be used from multiple workbooks with the same columns but different worksheet names. The number of rows will also vary. How can I reference the column rather than the range? I want it to sort by the Customer column which is the column header for column A. Below is my current code which references a specific worksheet name and range (which I'm trying to get away from). I recorded the macro for this code. Columns("A:A").Select Selection.FormatConditions.AddUniqueValues Selection.FormatConditions(Selection.F...

Question about sorting
In the code below, where indicated error 1, I get this error message: Error 1 using the generic type 'System.Collections.Generic.IComparer<T>' requires '1' type arguments. What I really want to do is use CODE, WITHOUT MANUALLY selecting column three, to sort column three, and get the rest of listview in column three order. Could s.o. please tell me what to do? Many thanks, Zach. #region Sorting columns. // Implements the manual sorting of items by columns. class ListViewItemComparer : IComparer <------- error 1 { ...

Sort data separated by commas
Good day and thanks for reading. I am working on a file where a cell contains data separated by a comma. ex: Col A Col B Row 1 {Medium, Blue, hard } { 153 } Row 2 {Big, Red, soft } { 230 } Row 3 {Small, Pink, hard } { 50 } Row 5 {Big, Blue, soft } { 250 } Where { } are the limits of the cell What I am looking for is a way to sort Column A by the second value on each cell, ex: (Blue, Red, Pink) Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks What I would to is use the "text...

password #6
Hi Guys I am using 2 different versions of excel and have applied a password protection to a work book to prevent anyone else opening it. When I try to change or remove the password I cannot find were to do it although the help files state go to Tools, options, general. When I do this there is no mention of password on the 2000 version please help xl2002 tools>options>security -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "jha" <j.hambling@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:IpZTf.205945$Q22.152402@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hi Guys &g...

Express 6 default attachements to a folder not temp. internet file
OK heres the problem to the community. In Outlook Express ive been trying to save an open attachment from an email to a folder that i want. I know now how to default the "Save Attachments ... " to a folder i want. But the emails that i get hundreds of a day have to be checked because of the variations of the emails. So i open the document (doc or pdf, doesnt matter) and File/Save As and it goes to Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 . its a little annoying but i can handle it. so if i have to deal with hundres of email that i need to save the attachments then pick the pla...

Saving a sort in a custom view
I'm trying to save a particular sort in a custom view and it's not working. Does anyone know of a limitation when saving custom views? Maybe sorting is not something that can be saved as part of a custom view. Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ From XL Help (custom views): > What can be stored in custom views? The stored settings include column > widths, display options, window size and position on the screen, window > splits...

Freeze title row before sort
How do I sort a column without moving the title row? Click in the column to want to sort. Click on Data, Sort. Make sure there is a checkmark in Header Row at the bottom of the dialogue box. Is this what you want to do? -- Rae Drysdale "Rich R." wrote: > How do I sort a column without moving the title row? ...

Lookup question #6
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns. Simplified, it looks like this: 10% 100 20% 200 30% 300 Let's make believe it's a spreadsheet to calculate sales commission, and the commission rate is based on a threshold value of sales. For $250 in sales, for example, the commission would be 20%. My goal is to create a statement that allows me to enter a number in a separate cell (for example 250) from the conceivable range of values in column B, that results in an output that relates to column A (20%). What's critical is the following: The sales commissions need to be in c...

Sorting #22
I have a long list of numbers, such as: 106-89-8 141-43-5 197-77-81 50-00-0 When I sort the cells, the 50-00-0 comes either first or last. I want Excel to sort 50-00-0 first since "50" is lower than "106". How is this done? The list contains over 500 entries. / Ulf Hi Ulf, Assuming that the you want them sorted according to the numbers before the first hyphen, and your data is in Column A, you can use a helper column, say Column B, put the following formula, copy down, and sort on Column B: =--LEFT(A1,FIND("-",A1)-1) Hope this helps! In article <1d...

Importing messages #6

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #6
I have Windows XP Pro. Recently I backed up Outlook 2002 files. I copied the .pst files (my e-mail, contacts, etc) from Outlook to a CD. What is the procedure to restore these files to Outlook 2002 and hence get my e-mail, contacts back. Copy the file to your hard drive. Right click and remove the read only check mark from the properties page. Then use File->Open to open the pst file from the Outlook main window. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be dele...

Formula for counting frequency then sorting
Hi guys, Need some help with this one. My worksheet looks a little like this; Col F Col X Barcode Round Number 14 1234123412341234 12341 15 8687686876868686 86876 16 7543275432754327 75432 17 2482482482482482 24824 18 8687686777777777 86876 The worksheet is a year-to-date summary of all claims submitted to my department from our clients (data starts at row 14). Various data is submitted but I am focussing on the worst performing rounds. The r...

Outlook Express 6 #6
Does any one know how to solve the following error message when trying to send attachments. The attachments are simple text file & word documents. "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" Click on Tools --> Options Click on the Security Tab & Uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus." Once you uncheck that you should be able to go back to that e-mail and open or save the attachment, hassle free! -----Original Message----- Does any one know how to solve the following error ...