Sort Worksheets #2

How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Check out

   http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

In article <e02c01c43c07$5afeeb70$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/17/2004 12:10:38 PM
Hi
see
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Help filling in form from 2 different tables
I have two tables, CustomerData and EmployeeData. CustomerData has all the address, phn, name, empid# of last employee to help em and custid (primary key) and employeedata has name addr phn and empid (primarykey) I have a combo box that pulls up custdata (by Custid sorting by Lastname & ", " & Firstname) I wanna do an Afterupdate event to fill out the following textboxes (based on the Custid it fills out the Lastname, Firstname, Address, Phnnumber) and then based on the Empid of the last Employee that helped em it will fill out the textboxes witht he first and last na...

Sorting data #3
I have my data organized in columns based on state standards, and I want to regroup the data to get all Algebra questions together, all Geometry together, etc. Row 1: Question1 Question2 question 7 question 25 Row2: 6N1 7G8 5N15 6A9 Row 5-30 has student responses to the each question where N, G and A represent Number sense, Geometry and Algebra. I want to determine how the class did overall on each category. Thanks. -- I am pregnant with possibilities, and so are you! Jenai Your question makes perfectly good sense to you because y...

How Do I Pass Data Between 2 UserForm's
Greetings, I am trying to pass data from a TextBox on UserForm1 to a Label on UserForm2. At this point UserForm2 cannot see the TextBox on UserForm1. How can I accomplish this? TIA -Minitman If both forms are in memory, you can reference with Label1.Caption = Userform1.Textbox1.Text on userform2, or Textbox1.Text = Userform2.Label1.Caption on userform1 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Minitman" <excelreply@i-m-p.net> wrote in message news:79ta10dqjvvuvda...

SMTP Connector question #2
Hi Had a single E2K3 Sp2 server earlier, and have now added a FE. SMTP connector moved from BE to FE. System enabled with ActiveSync,OWA & Https/Rpc. Everything works perfect. When I looked at "Queues" on BE there is still an SMTP Connector with a strange name: "SMTP Connector -_a46bf5ed9709644683af8319dab8789b_S (SMTP Connector)" -SMTP-Default SMTP Virtual Server-Ready. What's this? Can it be removed? How? Jordan ...

How do I set up a repeating meeting in outlook? #2
Richard Zaw Lin <Richard Zaw Lin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Click the Recurrence tab and fill in what you want. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook Rules: Meeting Requests Sorting
Is there a way to set up a rule to move meeting requests based on the person sent to? I am a delegate for four people, and need to be able to sort all of the incoming requests. I have tried setting the rule: After it arrives, Sent to [person], using Meeting Request form, move to specified folder, but it doesn't move the request. Any suggestions or is there absolutely no way to do this? I'm having the same problem. I noticed there are no other posts. Have you found a solution yet? "jami@jamimoore.com" wrote: > Is there a way to set up a rule to move meeting requests ...

Inserting Multiple Worksheets?
Is it possible insert multiple blank worksheets into a workbook? I.E. I want to insert 20 fresh worksheets without having to insert one shee 20 times. Also, supposing I have a set of tabs with each one corresponding to th day of the month, is it possible to somehow drag more worksheets tab that would continue the naming system -- Mr Zer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr Zero's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1558 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27724 Hi you can insert...

Account Limit Notification to administrator and user #2
I can configure the exchange server so that when a user account is nearing its quota limit an email is sent notifying the user. I need to have the same message go to the administratrator as well. Anybody knows how to do this????? ----------------- R//If you're doing this using mailbox management, you can setup admin notification by populating "administrator" field in server properties | mailbox management tab. R//Bharat had an excellent suggestion, just make sure to leave it on "do nothing" other than generating that report.:p Some users might be pissed to see ma...

Move worksheets into separate workbooks
-- De Lot of info Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D95D397-4807-4487-9804-25641B4AC861@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Many, many thanks Ron. That macro worked brillantly and saved me from a very tedious job. Thanks, again -- De "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Lot of info > > Try this > http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm > > > > -- > Regards Ron de Bruin > http://www.rondebruin.nl > > >...

Protecting Worksheets #2
Win XP HE, SP1 Excel 2002 SP3 Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... Tx, S You will need a for/each looping macro -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OtKnfpLAFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Win XP HE, SP1 > Excel 2002 SP3 > > Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? > I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... > Tx, > S > > D...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

sorting lists
Hi all, I'm trying to sort a list of values of items, but i don't want excel to pay any attention to numbers. The list is of the form: 1 x case, 2 x pack of jumpers, 29 x pens, etc. I want to sort the list alphabetically and not by quantity. is this possible? thanks for any help, Luc Luc, You need to extract the sort value into an adjacent column, and sort both columns with the extracted value as the key. Typical formula would be =MID(A1,FIND("x",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-FIND("x",A1)+2) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbec...

How can I allow users to sort a protected table using dropdowns?
I'm trying to create a table where users can't edit the content of the cells but can edit the ordering of the table- what's the best way to achieve this? Stuart, I've written this code some time back for one of my users and it works perfectly for them. Maybe you would like to adapt to suit your needs.. Sub Sort_pr_range() ActiveSheet.Unprotect 'Unprotect the sheet Range("A1:F100").Sort Key1:=Range("B1"), _ 'where "B1" will be the sort pri Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase...

Serialisation auto formatting #2
Hi, I'm trying to serialise some objects and I've can't get the built in serialisation to output exactly what I want. For the moment I'm implementing the IXmlSerializable interface and doing it the long way. For future reference is it possible to specify how a property should be formatted when being serialised? Example: In the following code I want the Time property to be formatted not to the default .ToString() but to .ToUniversalTime().ToString("r") [Serializable] public class Test { [XmlElement("time")] public DateTime Time; } I was wondering is t...

Undoing Bank Reconciliation #2
Hello: I know that you cannot undo a Bank Rec once it is done for a period. Also, TK says that all you can do is enter the new Bank Statement Ending Balance and reconcile that one "new" item that needs reconciling for that period. So, is there any sort of third party tool out there that will allow this feat to be accomplished? At a minimum, if the Bank Rec cannot be undone, it would be nice if you could view the impact of the new transaction for that period against that period's Bank Rec that has already been conducted. Thanks! childofthe1980s what KB are you referin...

GP Dynamics 9 and Windows 2003 Service Pack 2
If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? Chris, Should be no problem, we have customers running it with GP 9.0. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D4E1BA-CF22-45EE-97F2-9BE2244D590D@microsoft.com... > If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our > current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? thank you for quick response.... much appreciated! "Victoria [MVP]" wrote: > Chris, ...

Font Size #2
When setting a new appointment the font is 12 and I would like it to be 10 by default. I am talking about the large area they give you for any notes at the bottom of the screen. Can this be changed? -- Paul Ingram DNS SYSTEMS LIMITED (902) 488-3166 Web: www.dnssystemsltd.com Email: dnssystems@ns.sympatico.ca ...

Help needed in excel transpose #2
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

Unable to start processing services. #2
this is a pIII with microsoft xp+sp2 and office xp+sp3. whenever i start Ms outlook, a windows pop up saying: "<B>unable to start processing services. could not open the item. try again.</B>" what is that and how can i solve it. appreciate your quick reply. ...

Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in an excel file?
I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). Per the XL help file, the no. of worksheets is only limited by memory. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. >Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding >worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). >. > ...

Ranking/Sorting more than 3 row's
I have a spreadsheet with 742 rows (of company names). I have 5 columns of criteria for the companies. Each column is a different criteria about each company, and has a numerical rank for each company. 1-~75 (some columns/criteria have no rank for a company) I want to create an overall rank of the companies based on how they perform across the 5 rows. I want the companies with the most 1's at the top and then those with 1 & 2's and then those with 2 & 2's etc. Is there a way to sort or rank this spreadsheet of companies? I would do a sum of the inverses of each of...

How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple. #2
I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals, and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at the balance total after each entry. ...

How can I link to a specific worksheet from a webpage?
When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? Already solved enter *.xls#Sheet1!A1 RMF "RMF" wrote: > When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links > to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? ...

worksheet 401 error
Hi We are getting the following error when processing a worksheet 401 at one of our stores (the same worksheet processed fine at the other 18 stores) <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. UPDATE PurchaseOrderEntry SET Price Any suggestions on where to start looking/ See if there are any custom triggers on any of the tables, i had this problem with a custom trigger on th item table. -- Stephen Zwar...

Sorting by Text field of numbers
I am using Access 2003. I have created a database to help me files by "Lot#'s". Our lot numbers for one of our products is all over the place so I created the Lot # field as a text field. Ex: 02-01-01, 10000272925, 10-06-02-04-06 and 1503011 A1-02. Why does access put - 1000272925 before 10-06-02-03-05? Does this look right to anyone? My thinking is that "10" comes before "1000272925". What affect does the "-" have in sorting the numbers. Would I be better off to put a space instead of the "-"? Can anyone help me ...