Sort names and e-mails from one column

Hi

Just wondering if any could help me with a problem I have sorting names
and e-mails from one column.

I have an excel spreadsheet and in column A it has a list of names and
e-mail addresses. I need to split them into 2 columns emails in one
names in another for importing into another program. Is this possible?
The emails are all odd and the names even if this helps.

A           B          C
1. email
2. name
3. email
4. name
5. email
6. name

Thx in advance for any help.

--
jul3s
jul3s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29516

here's a thought:

Put this formula in B1: =A2

Copy B1: B2
Select cells down column B as far as you need
Press [Enter] to paste those formulas

Now you should have formulas in cells B1, B3, B5,...etc

Now, select the whole range
Data>Filter>AutoFilter
Click the dropdown on Col_B and select Non-blanks

Now, copy those visible cells
Select a blank worksheet
Edit>Paste Special>Values

Does that help?

Regards,
Ro

--
Ron Coderr
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2141

You are a star :) :

--
jul3

"jul3s" <jul3s.1zs20y_1134139501.3799@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:jul3s.1zs20y_1134139501.3799@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi
>
> Just wondering if any could help me with a problem I have sorting names
> and e-mails from one column.
>
> I have an excel spreadsheet and in column A it has a list of names and
> e-mail addresses. I need to split them into 2 columns emails in one
> names in another for importing into another program. Is this possible?
> The emails are all odd and the names even if this helps.
>
> A           B          C
> 1. email
> 2. name
> 3. email
> 4. name
> 5. email
> 6. name

I hope the following is of some help.

In B1 enter the following formula
  =IF(INT(ROW()/2)<>ROW()/2,A2,"")
In C1 enter the following formula
  =IF(INT(ROW()/2)<>ROW()/2,"KEEP","DELETE")

Fill down column B and C then, while both columns are still selected, copy
then 'paste special' the values to lock them in place.

Next sort on column C and delete all the rows which contain "DELETE" in
column C.
Tidy up by deleting column C.

If you have the Analysis ToolPak installed you can use ISODD(ROW()) instead
of INT(ROW()/2)=ROW()/2

0
danny8013 (22)
12/9/2005 3:37:44 PM
With your list in column A...........
Put this in B1 and copy down...it returns names only
=IF(ISERR(FIND("@",A1,1)),A1,"")
Put this in C1 and copy down...it returns emails only
=IF(ISERR(FIND("@",A1,1)),A1,"")
Copy > PasteSpecial > Values on Columns B and C
Then delete cell C1 moving cells in column C up one, aligning names and
emails.....

sort to remove the blank rows if desired

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"jul3s" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just wondering if any could help me with a problem I have sorting names
> and e-mails from one column.
>
> I have an excel spreadsheet and in column A it has a list of names and
> e-mail addresses. I need to split them into 2 columns emails in one
> names in another for importing into another program. Is this possible?
> The emails are all odd and the names even if this helps.
>
> A           B          C
> 1. email
> 2. name
> 3. email
> 4. name
> 5. email
> 6. name
>
> Thx in advance for any help.
>

> --
> jul3s
> jul3s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29516
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492171

0
CLR (807)

mail redirection
Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)? Zvuk wrote: > Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange > (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)? > > Could you describe what you're trying to do in a little more detail? For example: when you use web based e-mail, like yahoo for example, you are almost always offered a possibility to have all your mail forwarded to some other mail account. In our company we naturally all have email accounts on the company mail ...

How to choose which account to send mail
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the other private. How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e- mails from my private account and other times from my work account. Your advice will be much appreciated. -- Regards, Deon H On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: HI, Before sending the mail u can check in program "Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail- id of the current configured account.(which is activated). May be this is yo...

Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000. I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name field. 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name. Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses. What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display Name? What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you think it is? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message new...

Windows Vista Mail bcc Not Sending
I can enter names into the bcc field but the message does not get sent to those names? "Jenny" <jjnewman87@gmail.com> wrote in message news:DA341DEA-B2EB-4560-BB67-D8C2BA9DA5C3@microsoft.com... >I can enter names into the bcc field but the message does not get sent to >those names? > > What makes you believe that Jenny? Do they stay in your Outbox? If yes: please copy and paste the unedited error message that WM provides. If not: Go to your sent items folder and select one of your messages, then press the Ctrl key + F3, the message h...

multiple 3D equations in one excel surface chart
hi all i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one excel surface chart does anyone have simple way of doing it i have the link for one equation chart but from there i'm little bit lost http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/ What's the problem? If your data is of 3D type, just plot it as such. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "thread" wrote: > hi all > i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one > excel...

A bad draft HTML e-mail that crashes Outlook 2003.
Hello. I was working on an e-mail reply in HTML format. Now, I can't edit/reply to it because Outlook crashes. Even copy and pasting the e-mail in HTML format as a new e-mail crashes. The crash error said: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.2963, stamp 44c9f56a, debug? 0, fault address 0x00070ef0. I tried other HTML e-mails in edit and replying, and they weren't crashing. Is there a way to fix this beside copying and pasting as raw text? This is the first time I ever had this problem. I am using ...

data in single column split to multiple col's based on header
Hi All, I have data in three diff columns, e.g: column A column B column C 1 absman a 1 folklore b 2 internet c 2 absman d 3 folklore e 3 internet f I want these to be segregated under different heads based on the unique ID in column A with header (col B) and pull the data in Col C Result shld be something like this Headet absman folklore internet 1 a b 2 d c 3 Could ypu please help or I need to run vlookup by splitting the data, I have 17 million rows of data (split in 2 files) to be pulled under 16 heads. Your help in this regard is highly appreciated. -...

Automatic Calculation on only one Worksheet
Is it possible to have one worksheet in a Workbook calulate manually while all others automatically? The reason I would like this is I have a sheet which pulls in real-time market data that slows down my Workbook if calculation is on automatic for the workbook. If I turn off automatic calculation for the workbook then I end up spending a lot of time hitting F9 or shift + F9. Thanks No. But I do think you can with two instances of Excel. Just start another Excel -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "sfrancoe2" <sfrancoe2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF6DE...

copying a formula down a column
I am trying to copy a formula down a column where c1=a1,c2=a4,c3=a7 an so on but when Itry to drag the formula down the column it doesn't cop properly. Does anyone know a simple answer to this. Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Put in C1: =INDIRECT("A"&3*ROW()-2) Copy down col C -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email ----------...

Adding Figures based on a different columns info
Dear Experts I have a workbook where row a = a number and row b = text ie gift, win, donation etc. What I am trying to achieve is to add all the gifts, all the wins and all the donations as seperate numbers, I could do this individually but as there are 500 plus rows it would seem sensible to try to have this formula driven Thanks in advance for any guidance Rgds Steve =SUMIF(B1:B500,"Gift",A1:A500) or if the text Gift is entered into cell C1, =SUMIF(B1:B500,C1,A1:A500) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "wowster0&qu...

Move Mails from OutlookExpress5/98 to OE6/XP
I have mails in my OutlookExpress5 on Win98 in my old PC, and I just bought a new laptop with OutlookExpress6 running on XP. How can I move my mails from OE5/98 in my old PC to OE6/XP in my new laptop? Your help much appreciated. David (dht_david@hotmail.com) This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsof...

Outbound e-mails do not arrive
Howdy People, I have a user who complains that her outbound e-mails do not arrive. Via Message Tracking Center I was able to track the concerning message, only the Message track was entirely empty! The message does not appear to be in the queue, also the user has not received a NDR. Exchange setup is as follows: # One user on an Exchange Ent Server "AA001" # Mail from "AA001" is transferred to Exchange SBS2k3 Server "AA002" # Server "AA002" is connected to the Internet. Last (line) Message Track for this message on Server "AA001": Message...

Searching for partial data in a column
I am searching for partial data in column and want to return all possible queries. Example: Search item in cell B1 Find all items on a second sheet in column a1 that contain b1 from original sheet. Not looking for exact matches, in other words a1 contains "exchangers" and on the other sheet column a1 might contain "heat exchangers" or just "exchangers" I want to return not only "heat exchangers" or "exchangers" but also the info in the rest of the row. A1 B1 1 Item Location ...

SFOC Mail Merger
Does anyone know if CRM 2.0 SFOC (2005) will have the ability to mail merge in custom fields? I read on another thread that currently in v. 1.2 the WordMailMerge for MSCRM 1.2 by PTM EDV-Systems is the only way to do this at present. I tried to mail merge and could not see any of our custom fields in either the Accounts or Contacts. Reason I ask is we are demoing to a client tomorrow that we will be converting from Maximizer and they have a lot of custom fields and will want this functionality. Thanks! Shauna Hello ! Have you allready tried our Add-On? It is now the only way to u...

How can I duplicate Outlook (mail, contact, calendar,etc) on my l.
When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in sync. jsu8249 <jsu8249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files > (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in > sync. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Receiving mail stops working after awhile on Outlook
I need to expert help here. Something on my PC gets flaky after being on and working for awhile, I will stop receiving emails on certain accounts, but it's like it's cached info or something because other accounts will work fine. All my accounts are set up under Outlook, with the only differences being the names. In other words, I have six emails set up under my Mindspring account, so all are really duplicates as far as SMTP and POP information. Eventually within a 12-48 hour period, one account out of the 6 will not receive messages any more, even though it will send just fine!! The e...

Combining fields into one
Hi all, I'm busy with an assett database to record all IT eqioment. I now have the following problem.. I have aa field called "speed" in which I type the speen of the CPU ie "2.4GHz" I'm a bit too lazy to type it 120 times so I created a table for it and think I have gone too difficult for myself. I wound up creating teo tables, one for the speed (called speed with speedid and speed and clockid) and another called clock (with clockid and clock) In speed I would only type the number and then have a drop down that looks up if it is KHz, MHz or GHZ from the cl...

flip columns to rows
Is there any way to 'flip' a worksheet with one command, so that columns become rows (or rows become columns)? Have you tried the Transpose function? "captain fantastic" wrote: > Is there any way to 'flip' a worksheet with one command, so that columns become > rows (or rows become columns)? > captain fantastic wrote: >Is there any way to 'flip' a worksheet with one command, so that columns become >rows (or rows become columns)? Not one command, but you could write a macro. Select all Copy Paste Special tick "Transpose" Chris ...

[ANN] Share one account with multiple users and/or computers
PROBLEM: * You are in a situation where two or more people check the same account but have problems knowing who has acted on the message(s) or see a flagged message for your attention. This is further complicated by platform and email application (e.g. Outlook, Entourage and Apple mail). * You are the only user but access your account from multiple computers. Continue reading for the solution along with info on IMAP and POP accounts as well as IMAP providers: Share one account with multiple users and/or computers (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/share...

Multiple *.pst files in "All Mail Folders"
Dear All: I have multiple *.pst files that have been created over the last 10 years. Most are still on the old 2000 format ie not the new 2003 format. Some relate to specific projects and others relate to series of companies etc etc. They were all under the former 2 gig limits in size for pst files. I would like to have those files available in the " All Mail Folders" section in Outlook 2003. However, I get an "out of resources" when I bring those files into the folder area and try to open a pst file to read an email or deposit a new email in that file/folder. (abc.pst...

Sorting filtered list on form with a Command Button
I have a form CLIENTLIST. When I open this form it runs the query qryClientLst. One of the fields in the query named ClientID has the criteria "Like [Enter Client Number]". When I open the form CLIENTLIST I'm prompted to "Enter Client Number". When I do the form opens and only the files with the client number I entered appear. So basically it's a filtered form. All of this works fine. I created a command button above the column ClientId on my form so my users can click on the button and sort Ascending or Descending. Below is my code for this. My only...

autosum column from worksheet
I am trying to write a formula to autosum a column from another worksheet and don't know the syntax. I am on a tab named "Recap" and I want the sum of column N from sheet 1 named "Bill of Material." Thanks, Gale Gorman Houston =sum('Bill of Material'!N:N) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gale Gorman <ggorman@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:BQnkb.16326$wj.4287@twister.austin.rr.com... > I am trying to write a formula to autosum a column from > another worksheet and don't know the syntax. > > I am on a tab named "Recap" and I w...

FRx export to Excel with formulas to work for XCR columns
The calculation column shows the wrong signs for revenue (normal balance = "C") rows when you export to excel using formulas. The issue is coming from the following setup in FRx: 1. The normal balance was set to “C” in the row format. 2. Print control that was set to use “XCR” in the column layout. 3. Including formulas when exporting to excel. RESPONSE FROM MBS We have found few bugs that were written regarding this issue. One of them states that this is working as designed. The reason they gave is because you should not include formulas when exporting to excel as it...

how to make a table to row column
Hi, I have a really big table with date as heading : People 11/07 12/07 13/07 john 1 2 5 wolf 5 4 7 how can I make to be seen as: People Date Number john 11/07 1 john 12/07 2 john 13/07 5 wolf 11/07 5 wolf 12/07 4 wolf 13/07 7 the spreadsheet is to long so it is not possible to do it by copy and paste, I also want to keep the link anybody can help? I really appreciate that thanks Nader nader wrote... >I have a really big tab...

I need a formula to calculate 2-3 columns but skip a column if it has a zero
I'm building a Golf League spreadsheet and we want to calculate handicaps starting with the second week (calculates 2 weeks) and then after the 3rd week calculates every 3 weeks. Columns B-S are the individual weeks scores for each golfer (golfers listed by row 4-33), each column (b-s) has a formula which pulls the golfers score from the input worksheet(weekly input) to this worksheet(scorecard). Starting with Column V we are trying to have the running handicap for the year which changes each week. Column W is the first week handicap =AVERAGE(B4-36)*0.8 (this ones easy) Column X is the se...