sort list using vba

I'm new to VBA, and I need to sort a list of data (name, team color), and
then make it into a new list of people on team purple and one list of people
on team yellow.  can anyone please help me? thanks

Try recording a macro when you do it manually.  You may get very close to what
you want.

But it might be easier to just apply data|filter to your whole range.

Then you can filter by team color to just show the Purple team (Vikings???).

One other option is to look at how others approached the problem...

Both Debra Dalgleish and Ron de Bruin may have solutions for you:

Debra's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

or

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

Ron de Bruin's easyfilter.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

auto sort?
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row? would be a big help for my reservations workbook thanks D You could try the worksheet change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) <<Sort Code>> End Sub This should re-sort your selection everytime the worksheet changes. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Dave" <post@site.com> wrote in message news:%23czt38POFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to make a dated entry insert ...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

compact database in VBA access 2007

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

sort by day of the week?
Excel 2002 I have 10 years of grain prices...one price for each trading day of th year. In 'A' we have the date, in 'B' the price. What I need to do i get a list of prices for Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc... Possible? (I really, really don't want to do this manually) Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com add a column = weekday(a1,1) etc and do a sort on this colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you. You saved me 3 or 4 hours of excruciating data entry. Thi was the last step of a vital report. Now I can do my char...

Using INDIRECT within functions

sorts not sorting

Help with simple(?) VBA function

How to use count for calls per hour