sort #3

Hi:
Help !!! How to find all the control or formula to prevent my sheet t
sort correctly ? I downloaded my bank statement and tried to sort b
check amount and it doesn't work !!

I am from the MS Excel support department at http://www.enterpriseprojectconsulting.com and we would be happy to assist you in resolving your issue

Thank you

Enterprise Project Consultin

0
anonymous (74722)
5/19/2004 4:56:13 AM
If you downloaded your bank statement (which I have never
done mainly because there is never more than 95 cents,
after pay day, in it), wouldn't it be a text file?

Make sure you select the entire range to sort. If you have
objects on the sheet, this may intere fere with the sort.
Goto Tools > Options > View tab then click the radion
button to hide all objects. Sort you page then don't
forget to show all placeholders. It is better to put your
placeholders - buttons - away from the sort area.

regards
Mark E. Philpot
See http://au.geocities.com/excelmarksway for some nifty
utilities.

prevent my sheet to
>sort correctly ? I downloaded my bank statement and tried
to sort by
>check amount and it doesn't work !!!
>

>---
>
>.

The numbers are sorting like this:

they may be text, instead of real numbers. There are techniques on my
web site that you can use to convert the text numbers to real numbers:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

CRM 3.0 Slow Performance
Hi, I have been getting negative feedback from all users in our office regarding CRM3 slow response and people are going to give up using it. I need to give a solution to the team and wondering if anyone could help? We are running on SBServer2003 network and have CRM3 installed on a seperate 2003 Windows Server with SQL2000 Server installed. The CRM server is Xeon Dual 2.8Ghz, with 2GB ram, Raid 10 SCSI HDD and only have CRM running. I don't know where to start to find out why it is slow... any suggestion? If upgrading the hardware would help, we will do it, but I doubt this wi...

Can't receive email #3
I am running WinXp Home, Norton Antivirus & Internet Security & had beta Office 2003 installed until it expired. I uninstalled the beta & reinstalled Office 2002. I am able to send emails from the compose window, but am unable to use the send/receive function in Outlook 2002, it says "The operation failed". I haven't changed any settings from the pre-beta installation. I have: 1. Uninstalled & reinstalled Office 2002 2. Deleted & recreated the email account, including running the test account settings function, which worked fine. 3. Checked all settin...

WSE 3.0 Kerberos Auth and issue with Windows XP ASPNET Account
I am using WSE 3.0 with Visual Studio 2005, specifically I'm using Kerberos authentication and passing Kerberos ticket from Presentation Tier (VSTO.2005 client) to Server Tier through our Web Services (based on WSE 3.0). Having our WSE 3.0-WebService over Windows Server 2003, everything works great, but, over Windows XP, I have a problem (which is documented in WSE 3.0 help) but its workaround does not work properly (at least with my current testing). The problem is that ASP.NET default user in Windows XP (ASPNET user account) does not have privileges enough for running Kerberos au...

Task category sort order
Using Outlook 2002 and Windows XP Pro. I am wondering if there is a way to specify the list order when assigning categories to a given task. No matter how I select a category, it is rearranged to an alpha list in the "Add to list" dialogue box. I am exporting a completed task list to Access for further analysis, and it would be very helpful to have the parsed category field in a particular order. Otherwise, it makes for a difficult programming situation in Access. I think this is a Windows "event" situation of some kind rather than Outlook, but how to modify the behaviour?...

Mailbox Recovery #3
I need to recover two mailboxes from an old mailbox store (server was reloaded). I have the actual databases, but no backups of the databases. In trying to use the Recovery Storage Group, it always talks about restoring the databases from a backup. I have verfied the databases I have are in a consistant and clean state. When I try to mount the mailbox store (within the Recovery Group) it fails saying to try and restart the exchange manager or Information Store Service. Unless I can get the store to mount, I can't run ExMerge against it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any he...

voiding checks #3
i need to void some checks from the bank recon module. the number of checks is more than i would like to void manually. the checks were created in the bank recon module. we used integration manager to upload the checks into great plains and bank recon. is there anyway i could automate the voiding process? thanks for your assistance!! We had a similar requirement on the payables module. Here are your options. Option 1: Trace out SQL and custom program the process. This is what I did. For example: User wanted to Void historical payments. I went about getting the SQL trace by enabling tr...

How to create stand alone file dialog #3
How can I create a stand alone file dialog application? for example, when i click a .exe file, just pop up a file dialog box. Thanks! Dade On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:46:15 GMT, Dade Huang wrote: >How can I create a stand alone file dialog application? >for example, when i click a .exe file, just pop up a file dialog box. #include "stdafx.h" #include "commdlg.h" int APIENTRY WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow) { OPENFILENAME ofn = {0}; ch...

MT2OFX Version 3.3 released
MT2OFX is a free program to convert any downloaded bank statement files to QIF, OFC, OFX or QFX for use with Money, Quicken etc. Full info on http://www.mt2ofx.tk/ . New bits in V3.3: * The program to be run on the output file can now be chosen freely. This makes it possible to associate (for example) OFX files with MT2OFX, which can produce modified OFX and pass this to Money. * Payee Mapping works on the Memo field as well as the Payee. * Scripts can be activated and deactivated without removing them from the configuration * Button added to "About" dialog...

3 Suggestions
1) Make it so we can enter the price for goods in the extended cost field on a purchase order. PLEASE. Do you know how irritating it is to have to enter 21.32354674352345 as a cost? 2) Sort the modified reports/Custom reports by date. That way you can easily see if there is anything new. 3) How about a suggest a report feature? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

Sort xml?
I got a page that loads a xml file into a treeview control. I want it to sort the data before sending it to the treeview control is that possible? <root> <level1 name="" src="" order="0"> <level1.2 .. order="5"> <level1.2 .. order="3"> <level1.2 .. order="2"> <level1 .. order="2"> <level1 .. order="1"> I want first level1 nodes to be sorted accorded to the order column. Then i want all sub levels to be sorted, sor 1.2 should be sort...

Global Address Book #3
Good day all, We have recently migrated to Exchange Server 2003, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove former employees from the Global Address Book. I have deleted the account in Active Directory and purged the mailboxes within Exchange and the old employees are still visible. How do i clean the Global Addy Book? Thank you for any feedback in advance, CB What type of client? Outlook 2003? If so, is it running in cached mode (default)? Outlook 2003 in cached mode by default uses the Offline Address Book, which only gets re-generated once per day. You can forc...

Sort pages?
Using XL2000: I have a single page spreadsheet (needed for SubTotal() to work), separated into 65 sheets via Page Break Preview. The top cell of each page in Col A contains the student's name (last name, first name). If I add a student, how can I then sort the pages by the student's last name? Acceptable alternative: Have each student on their own page with sheets named Lastname Firstname, sort those, and still be able to Subtotal in cells on those sheets, then Grand Total on a separate sheet. -- David David, Not sure if this is the best way, but you could use a column conta...

Sort/Custom List Help
I am working on a grade/attendance program for a teacher friend. Fo each class there are 3 worksheets. "Class 1" allows the teacher t enter students names as well as assignment scores. "Attendance 1 automatically imports the student names from "Class 1" allowing th teacher to track attendance. The last worksheet is "Reports 1" whic allows the teacher to prepare individualized reports on each student. I want to allow the teacher to sort the student list from "Class 1" t be alphabetical and then update the "Attendance 1" list and mov a...

Installing CRM 3.0 Plus Exchange Email Router
Hello, I have an SBS 2003 R2Premium with SQL 2005 Workgroup edition server at our office, there are 5 users. I am looking to install CRM 3.0 plus the Email router on a test box before I commit to installing it on the live system and am finding it difficult to understand fully the options I am presented with during the Iinstall. Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction to some guides to installing CRM server with explanations of the options involved. The more relevent reading the better :) Thanks for your time Dave Thank you for your time in answerring :) The links a...

Sort by Next Occurrence of Recurring Appointment for Birthdays
Some things just really bug me...this was one of them. I wanted to be able to sort Birthdays and Holidays by the next time it occurs and Outlook just doesn't have a field for this. I'm not the only one who's bugged by this, and since I couldn't find code anywhere else on the web (but found lots of complaints), I thought I'd post my solution here. What this does is create a date field called "NextOccDate", looks to see if the date has already passed this year and if so, adds 1 to the year. You can drop this field from the user-defined fields into a table-view (...

CRM 3.0 on 2008 Terminal Server
Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal server? I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the message "Windows 2000 SP4 and above supported" Simon I was under the impression that CRM 3.0 is not supported in a Terminal Server environment. However if you search the blogs, there is plenty of documentation and scripts on how to achieve this. "Simon" wrote: > Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal > server? > > I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the...

CRM 3.0 Multiple Users Config
I have CRM 3.0 with XP/Outlook 2003 clients on my network. Even though we have done the workstation installation, I can't seem to get multiple users to access the same workstation. CRM for Outlook only works with the first installed user. On some discussion threads I have seen the suggestion to install the client under each profile that logs in, but that doesn't seem to work. Since it seems to be within the capabilities of CRM, it would seem like I should be able to do this, but I don't see anything to guide me through it. Any thoughts? -- crmnewbie Depending on which ...

How to scale the y- and z-axis of a 3-D Column diagram
Hi everybody, I have a set of data, which is ordered by date and strike and show the specific risk at that strike and date. I want to visualise these risk matrix, to see the difference in time and strike (values from 0% - 200%) and the y-axis should indicate the amount of risk in USD. My problem is, that the difference between every date and strike is treated as equal, so I dont see directly if there is one day or one year between two dates. How can I scale all three axis in an 3-D column diagram, usually it's treated just in equal steps as in the sheet like labels not like numbers...

Missing Send Button #3
My kids messed up something in Outlook. I have XP Hmoe and office 2000. My outlook works fine (under my user) but my wife's is now missing the send button in the toolbar. Thus seh cannot send emails. I cannot check the response toolbar under customize. Do I need to uninstall then reinstall or is there a way to fix it without having to do that? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Is her mail account installed and working? Does reinstalling the account clear up the situation? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Find and Replace help #3
I tried to find and replace in only one column, but it worked on the whole workbook. Is there a way to only find and replace on selected range. Thank you in advance. Ahhh. You're using xl2002 or xl2003. And you did this: selected your column edit|replace Then you clicked the Find All button. That changed the selection to one cell. So the next thing you did Replace All, thought you meant the whole worksheet (since only one cell was selected). Don't do that Find All or select the original range after you do it. Am I close? Mike Busch wrote: > > I tried to find and r...

Manufacturing Bill of Materials #3
Getting the message 'Record is Locked, view only?' in the Manufacturing bill of materials window. No one else is in Dynamics. How can I fix this? Again, I should be able to find this in techknowledge, but it isnt there. -- Doug Delete the record from Security. 1. Go to Transactions | Manufacturing | Bill of Materials | Security and delete the locked record. "Doug" wrote: > Getting the message 'Record is Locked, view only?' in the Manufacturing bill > of materials window. No one else is in Dynamics. > > How can I fix this? > > Again, ...

Online Stock Trading and How the Stock Market Works #3
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

sort when click buttons on form header
I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to code these buttons? Thanks. If the source is a straightforward select query you can always use right-click of the mouse (but have you disabled the menu?) "Song Su" wrote: > I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. > > I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have > Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to c...

How do you print pages 1 AND 3 in a worksheet?
Am I being silly? In Word, it is easy and obvious, but in excel there is no function t print a range. Putting "1,3" gives a "bad integer" message. Please help the noob. Le -- SirLoi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SirLoin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1593 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27413 try this Sub printsheets() ma = Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet5") For x = LBound(ma) To UBound(ma) Sheets(ma(x)).PrintPrev...

What function to select the last 3 small values from a list ?
Does anyone know how to select the last 3 small values from a list? such as a list {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} then reture the last 3 small value {1,2,3} Thank you for any suggestion Eric On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:31:03 -0800, "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to select the last 3 small values from a list? such as >a list {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} >then reture the last 3 small value {1,2,3} >Thank you for any suggestion >Eric The SMALL worksheet function will do that. The specifics depend on the nature of your list and the result specificati...