Something to help me keep track of formulas

Is there an Add-In or some third party software that can help me manage my
formulas.  They are getting very long and I can not figure out what goes
where.  I am looking for something free if possible.  THanks.

Here is an example of my formula that's too long.

=IF(A12="Total ",SUM($I$11:$I11),IF(A12="","",IF(ISBLANK('PASTE
ABCone'!F12),IF(((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE
ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'!$A$9:$E$505,5,FALSE)))=0,"",ROUND((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE
ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'!$A$9:$E$505,5,FALSE)),-1)),IF(((ROUND((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE
ABCone'!$A$11:$I$500,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'!$A$9:$E$505,5,FALSE)),-1))-(VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE
ABCone'!A:F,6,FALSE)))<=0,"",ROUND((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE
ABCone'!$A$11:$I$500,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'!$A$9:$E$505,5,FALSE))-(VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE
ABCone'!A:F,6,FALSE)),-1)))))

0
Phillip

I don't know of anything like that.

Maybe you could split your formula into separate cells.  Then put a nice
description in row 1 and use those helper cells in your final cell.

You could hide those columns so that your workbook still looks the same.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Keeping rows together after link
I have spreadsheet that has several columns that link to anothe spreadsheet.This is G1:P100. My A,B,C,D columns is where I pu information related to the information in G-P. For instance, G-P link to a students information. It changes all the time. In A-D I hav columns to input criteria for each student. The problem is that whe the link updates the criteria and the student info end up on diffren rows now. For instance If B1 is " Has Housing" and G1 is " Steve" afte the update " Steve" might move to G3 and the "Has Housing" does no move with it -- Message...

formula tu sum up to a number till 7
This is the data I have: 2 3 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 I want in column C to G cells to be filled till 7 starting to count from B and then starting again. Result I want: A B C D E F G 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 And so on... How can I do this... Thank you so much!!! I don't fully understand this. Why do you not show 2 as the starting value in column C? Why do you have a 1 after the 7? Is this the corresponding value from column B? Would C2 start with 4 and continue across until you next...

Formula argument based on text
Hi All, I have cells (A1:A10) populated with text ("Pass" or "Fail"). In cell (A11) I want to have a formula that returns the text: "pass" if all the cells (A1:A10) contain the text "pass" "fail" if any one of the cells (A1:A10) contains the text "fail". How would I write the formula to achieve this? Regards gregork In A11 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A10,"Fail")>0,"Fail","Pass") HTH "gregork" <gregork@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:0RXSb.19911$ws.2664893@news02.tsnz.net... > ...

Adding Named Formulas to a Chart
Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to series' field. Do i just add teh name of the formula in quotes, singl quotes, or what? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maurice, like this: =workbook.xls!rangename -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "maurices5000 >" <<maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com... > Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to a > ...

change the formula by changing contents of cell
I have a table that ranks a list of players by their statistics, for example, when I change cell B2 to "walks", my formula (large) lists the player with the most walks in cell B4, 2nd most in B5, 3rd in B6... that works well because more walks are good. But, when I change cell B2 to "strikeouts" I want it to list the player with the fewest number of strikeouts in B4, next fewest in B5 and so on. Is there a way to change the "large" function to the "small" function within the formula? I have set up a helper cell (C2) that changes fro...

External Link-help!
Hi there, I am trying to get rid of an external link to my excel spreadsheet that I created. When I email the excel file to a coworker, the file asks to update links. But, I want to get rid of all the links so that when others open it, the message will not come up. Under the Edit menu, the Links option is not highlighted. Somehow, the external link got embedded into the file, and I need a solution to delete it out. My job is depending on this resolution! Thanks, Tina I could really use some help! Try Bill Manville's addin. It'll find those pesky ones. Findlink.zip ...

!!HELP!! OWA ans Outlook do not synch
OK so I rebuilt my SBS 2003 server and used Exmerge to exmerge all my users mailboxes out. Successfully exmerged them back into Exchange. Had to recreate new profiles on the users workstations but all appears to be good. One slight problem. For my external users who use Citrix and log onto the Citrix server desktop they cannot use Outlook there. I do have a case open with Microsoft regarding this issue however my immediate issue to resolve is why I can log on as a user here in the office, open Outlook and all their mail is there. However when I use OWA the mailbox is incomplete. Does no...

forgot password?please help
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS tsger@aol.com wrote: > I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - > PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS That's got to be VERY FRUSTRATING! Not only that, but your CAPS LOCK KEY is stuck! I'm sorry for you! ...

need a bit of help.....
I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums that separates the dollar amount from cents. I have for example colum *H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the =RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i would have to enter the same amount o...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

MSP 2007 resources help
Hi all, Three questions: 1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP? 2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month. Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the appropriate cost? 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their cost? Thank you in advance -- - Hello...

Link Help!!!
hi, How can I add or remove link from “My Work” under workplace, like Calendar or Reports...? And where the file sitelog.xml?? thnx, ...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

Cannot Close Outlook 2007. it keeps recovering info and restarting
Hi, I installed Windows Update KB980248 and updated the Bluetooth device driver three days ago. But since then I found I could not close Outlook. Every time I clicked close on top right corner, the main window closed but the outlook icon on the tray did not go away. Instead, it gave out a dialog saying 'Outlook stopped working', and then another dialog 'Outlook is trying to recover your information', followed by a dialog 'Outlook is restarting'. Then it restarted and the full window came back. I have been using Outlook 2007 for more than 2 years and it...

how to move cursor in the formula
Hi, all, The formula is much too long in the conditional formatting and only a portion of it is displayed. How to move the cursor without changing the cell references? thx Try hitting the F2 key. And watch the lower left corner of the Status bar. You'll be toggling between point and Edit mode. It works that way in worksheet formulas, too. Jack Zhong wrote: > > Hi, all, > > The formula is much too long in the conditional formatting and only a > portion of it is displayed. How to move the cursor without changing the > cell references? > > thx -- Dave ...

Help what kind of formula?
I've used Excel formulas in a basic way (sums, averages, divisions, and multiplication of cell data) for about a year. I came across this formula today for a project I need to complete. I've never seen the "SUMIF" or the dollar symbol, OR the ampersand! After hilighting the formula to see if I could just figure it out, I'm stumped. Any chance someone could explain what function these symbols serve Here is the formula =SUMIF($D$3:$D$28,"="&$C38,H$3:H$28) :confused: -- Emil0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emil...

trendline HELP!
I have a chart that i am making of PPMs for the year of 2006. I have jan-may in the data series and the rest are left blank. I am trying to get a trendline in where it will stop at whatever month I am at but update when a new month's data is entered into the box. However, I cannot figure out how to do this, when I do have a trend line it goes to like -4000. can anyone help me please? Make a dynamic chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm...

If formula #3
I am trying to find an if formula that says if the result of A-B is less than ..03 then 0 but if the result is less than 0 (example -.03) than show result. The reasoning may help. We don't want to be bothered with amounts less than 3 cents but we do want to display the credit balances because we have to refund the amount. Another way of trying to explain what I am trying to do is if the result of A-B is either .01,.02,.03, than just make it 0 but if it is -.01 show result as negative. Any help would be appreciated. Try this: =IF(OR(A1-B1={0.01,0.02,0.03}),0,A1-B1) HTH, Paul -- &...

Need help from fellow Admin about Mailbox sizes
I need a little help from some fellow Admins that have successfully created some policies about mailbox limits. Currently I am fighting the small company mentality in a growing company. We have about 150-200 mailboxes and I am looking for some suggestions on at what size is a good idea to start the warning messages, then stop send and then stop all traffic. I have some users that are getting to the 2GB size. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance. There is no standard or best practice for quota settings except that you should set a limit, even if a high one, for "Prohibi...

Was this post helpful to you?
Hi gang, Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post helpful to you? " In a case where I posted a question and received numerous helpful responses, which collectively provided the final solution, do I select Yes for each response that was helpful, or just select Yes on the very last post when the topic has ended? Thanks Peter On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:44:01 -0700, Petermgr <Petermgr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi gang, > >Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post >helpful to you? "...

Default workbook not coming up help
The workbook I have made is in Excel startup folder and used to come u on launch and file, new or command new. Now only comes up on relaunch and command N, brings up a default workbook. Any ideas appreciated thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Function Help?
I need a function that will count back all previous rows for th farthest digit back in the R, S and T cells and place it in the column. The furthest digit back: each of the 3 cells being evaluated ( S and T) have single digit values which have occurred in previous R, T cells, but the value which last appeared in the earliest row is th value which the furthest back. I want the function to count how man rows since the last time that value last occurred. See sample below the N column has the correct answers: Example: .................R..S...T........N row 11:....9...0...6 row 12:....7...5.....

Newbie needs help with first scatter plot
I have a query with two fields: a date and a list of repeating words. Something like 1/1/2007 Red 1/3/2007 Green 2/9/2007 Blue 3/1/2007 Red 3/3/2007 Blue I want to create a simple scatter plot with Date on the X-axis and Color on the Y-axis (there's only seven possible values for the words, so I'd like each word on the Y-axis and a dot in the plot above each date where it occurs). When I use the Chart wizard and select Scatter Plot, the wizard is generating charts that plot *counts*, rather than showing a single dot for each time it occurs. I thought what I wanted to do was pre...

Desperately need help!!
Is it impossible to do an inventory system in excel? I've tried on numerous occasions for the past month to get a simple inventory system to work and i'm having no luck. I've gotten to the point where my only problem is having a correct record of stock available. I want to be able to see the correct number of a particular item available whenever i do stock taking. So far, what i've done is use iteration to update the stock figure and have sales deducted from that and the new figure shown in quantity avalable. The problem is 1. the iteration does not stop and its set to 1....

How do I keep the help window on top and work on my worksheet
When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to read it whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The help window closes as soon as it loses focus. In earlier versions this did not happen. Is there a fix for it? If you are using Excel 2003, the top left corner of the help-presented window has a Tile/Untile option. Not really pretty but does enable you to read the help whilst working on the sheet. Howard Walker 635 Wrote: > When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to > read it > whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The hel...