Some macro help with formatting object please

I have a macro that turns on the calculate command function while the
user works in it. I was asked if I could have the color of the text box
that launches the macro turned RED when the calculate feature has been
turned off. Is that possible?

TIA!
0
me3529 (37)

activesheet.textbox1.backcolor=&h0000ff

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Alan" <me@here.now> wrote in message
> I have a macro that turns on the calculate command function while the
> user works in it. I was asked if I could have the color of the text box
> that launches the macro turned RED when the calculate feature has been
> turned off. Is that possible?
>
> TIA!

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Excel Regional Date Format Options
A client of ours in NZ is complaining that date format options for English (New Zealand) have changed from older versions of excel (they are using 2003) Some of their spreadsheets have dates formatted as dd-mmm-yy, mmm-yy and dddd,dd,mmm but these options do not exist anymore. Is there anyway to add options to this list without using the custom format option? Thanks, Jesse I just compared the Excel 97 and Excel 2003 built-in date formats and they are mostly unchanged. 2003 has a few more but I don't think there were any subtractions. The formats dd-mmm-yy and mmm-yy are righ...

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

Formula Help (to many expresions)
Could one of you give me a hand with this... I'm trying to put a formula in a spreadsheet that has too many expressions in it. I understand there is a limit to the number of equations that can be in a formula but there must be a way around the cap. Or maybe another way to write the formula? What I am trying to say in the formula is that if... If X is less than 09 then B1 = what's in cell C2 If X is less than 25 then B1 = what's in cell C3 If X is less than 51 then B1 = what's in cell C4 The expression I have written looks like this... =IF(X<10,"N/A",IF(X<...

VB code for Macro
I have set up a rule on my InBox to check for specific words and move emails to my Work folder. Now I review emials in my Work folder and drag and drop them into 1 of 4 folders based on a number 1-4. After clicking on the folder, I need to perform the following on each of the four folders: Click on first email in the folder Clt+A (to select all the emails in the folder) Ctl+C (to copy) Drag the selections to a folder name HH Click #_Button (customized button set to send an email) Ctl+v (to paste the contents in the body of the email) Click Send Steps without the comments: Click folde...

mscvr71.dll help
How do I make my VS.net 2003 software not depend on msvcr71.dll? Thanks. Use static linking. I don't know where to set the option in VS7, but it used to be under Code Generation where you selected the desired C runtime library to use. In VS6 we had a choice between a dynamically-linked runtime and a statically-linked runtime. I've not had to make this choice under VS7 so I'm not sure where, in their overly-clever and completely gratuitous reimplementation of the user interface, this has been hidden. joe On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:24:56 GMT, anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote: &g...

Help with ShowFilter Macro
I'm trying to use this ShowFilter UDF written by Tom Ogilvy (see bottom of post). It says to use... =showfilter(B2)&CHAR(SUBTOTAL(9,B3)*0+32) ....in a cell to show the criteria for Column B. For one thing, I don't understand the cells B2 and B3 business. What is supposed to be in those cells? I would like this function to appear in the cell directly above or below the Autofilter menu cell. How do I change the function if the Autofilter criteria menu is in, cell A3, for example, and I want the criteria (this function) to appear just above, in cell A2? After trying all so...

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

Serializing an ArrayList of Objects
I have an array list of objects that I want to serialize into an XML file. I have tried this using the following code, but it gives me an error message An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in system.xml.dl Additional information: There was an error generating the XML document I'm not sure if this is the way that I should go about serializing an array of objects like this, but I would like to get them all into one place kind of like <waypoints><waypoint><Latitude> 12.2837</Latitude ... </waypoint><wayp...

Macros #35
Hi I run a daily download from another system, via a .txt file into Excel. Each day the WorkSheet has a different name ie A3_12_11_04 then tommorow it will be A3_13_11_04 etc to represent the date it was downloaded. I then have to create a macro and pull off some of of the data on a daily basis...this is where my problem arrisses. How can my Macro recognise the different Worksheet name on a daily basis? My 2 thoughts would be to get data from another open worksheet or be able to put a promt in my Maco to search the name of the Worksheet. Confused...I am!! Any Help would be welcome. ...

SmartList Restrictions help
I built a SmartList that is based on the Year-to-Date Transaction Open file, and has the Account Master linked to it. I want to restrict it to accounts that begin with 36, 38, or 2504. I tried adding a restriction that says "Account Number:Account_Segment_Pool1 begins with 36 OR 38 OR 2504", but I got no results when I did it that way. I also set up 3 separate restrictions, but that didn't work either. Is this possible? I can't find much information about how to write restrictions in SL Builder. ...

Conditional formatting help #4
My problem is that, that i want to ignore blank i mean i had set a conditional formatting say A B C D 24.9 25.9 25 25.8 22.6 23.4 22.5 23.3 If value in ColA is less than value in ColC, cell A1 is shaded blue OR if value in ColB is greater than value in ColD, cell B1 shaded blue. I have done above formatting but my problem is that if i dont enter anything in colC then also colA is shaded in blue similarly if i dont enter any value in colD then also col B is shaded.I mean i want to ignore the blank.I need , if col C is blank then the Col A must be normal .& if col D is blank & i ent...

help plz
my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? What account and what does this have to do with Outlook? "heather" <tracyliepke@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:066001c36c53$bb68d180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? ...

Help with queries
Hi Guys, This is the first time after school that I am trying to use ms access at work and i need ur help in creating a query. Any help will be highly appreciated!! Here is what I need... I have relatively small ms acces database with about 1000 I have 3 colums date ipaddress sitename 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 33.4.4.4 B 12/09 33.4.4.55 C What i need is if an ipadress is recorded more t...

macro
hi, i have various worksheets and within that worksheet there are cells having #DIV/0!. I want this to be replace by zero. i know there is a formula which will give out zero but if someone can write a macro would good. Thanks Sub ErrorTrapAdd() Dim mystr As String Dim cel As Range For Each cel In Selection If cel.HasFormula = True Then If Not cel.Formula Like "=IF(ISERROR*" Then mystr = Right(cel.Formula, Len(cel.Formula) - 1) cel.Value = "=IF(ISERROR(" & mystr & "),0," & mystr & ")" ...

VFW, webcam, image format
Hello, I'm trying to grab pictures from a webcam with Video For Windows (VFW). The source code I use is the following: HWND _capwnd = capCreateCaptureWindow("Capture",WS_POPUP,0,0,1,1,0,0); capDriverConnect(_capwnd,0); capGrabFrame(_capwnd); capEditCopy(_capwnd); OpenClipboard(NULL); HBITMAP hBmp = (HBITMAP)GetClipboardData(CF_BITMAP); CloseClipboard(); BITMAP bmp; GetObject(hBmp, sizeof(BITMAP), &bmp); int size = bmp.bmWidth*bmp.bmHeight*bmp.bmWidthBytes; unsigned char* data = new unsigned char[size]; GetBitmapBits(hBmp,size, data); ...

How do I subscribe, please?
Hi! I know this is a lame question..... but how do I subscribe to this list, please? I use AOL as my ISP and yahoo as my e mail. Please reply to me at mhendersona2@yahoo.com. Then I'll subscribe and ask a *real* question....... Thanks! Mary Hi Mary, (posted with email copy) This is a public newsgroup, and in my opinion the word subscribe is a misnomer. The fact that you can read the newsgroup is what is meant by subscribed. There is no permission to be granted from an administrator in order to post, you posted and your posting will remain posted. You will see ...

Need help to choose loyalty program integrated with website
Hello. My name is Alex and I am working for franchise company using RMS system. We are looking for loyalty program integrated with web store. We have 12 franchisee stores using RMS and they are all conneted to our HQ system in main office. We want customers to earn point for each sales and redeem their points only at our website. (not on off-line store) Can anybody recommend best solution for our plan? Thank you. ...

Help And Advive For A Novice
HELP AND ADVICE FOR A NOVICE This Is Not A Question About Using Excell But How To Download E -books I Have Purchased 2 E-books (a)f1 Excell And (b) Financial Statements. Encountered Difficulty In Downloading Because The Instructions Were Not Very Clear For Novice And Message Flagged Up "zip File Corrupted" I Have Utilised My Permitted Downloads. Therfore I Have Not In A Position To Use The E-books -- Joe Williams ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joe Williams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23...

formula help #42
What formula would I use to search down a column find a name and report the number in the next column, this would be multiple times, the numbers to be added together. The added number reported then to be multiplied by another number and then to be subtracted from another fixed number in a specific cell. Thanks in advance Jason You can sum the corresponding cells matched without having a dedicated column of numbers. =SUMIF(A1:A100,"Name",B1:B100) =(SUMIF(A1:A100,"Name",B1:B100)*AnotherNumber)-SpecificCell HTH, Paul -- "Boenerge" <Boenerge@discussions...

HELP! Balloon Payments in Debt Reduction
I have had this problem for so long it is getting really frustrating. When I put a debt into the debt reduction plan, it always puts a balloon payment on my first payment. Then, if I don't make that payment, it just builds and builds and builds with each subsequent payment I do make. How do I get rid of this? I removed the debt from my reduction plan the first time and that cleared it. But, the moment I started paying on the debt, it returned. Now, it's to the point that I can't get rid of it at all. When I remove the debt from the plan, it will do the same thing w...

SUMPRODUCT help #7
Hello: My question is if I have 3 or 4 criteria that need to be met before excel acknowledges the row and then once it does it will sum the accepted rows and return that sum into another sheet. Category Price Date Customer # InorgStock $30.00 10/20/2005101643 Inorg CB $415.80 1/23/2006 109597 InorgStock $15.00 1/23/2006 101643 Matrix Mod $50.00 1/23/2006 101643 If I want excel to only add up the extended price for the columns that met the criteria Customer Number=101643 and Category=inorgstock and Category=Inorg CB and Category=Matrix Mod and Document Date is >=10/20/05 but <...

Help Required with Macro to Manipulate Data
I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported from a text file) A B C D 1 Branch Date Total 2 4501 030204 29 3 4 4501 030204 14 5 6 4502 030204 331 7 8 4502 030204 52 9 10 4503 030204 54 11 12 4503 030204 85 Hi Alay and what do you want to achieve :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported ...

MM from Word in HTML Format
I am using MS Office 2002. When I do a mail-merge from MS Word to email, it works fine as long as I use 'Plain Text' as the format. It accesses Outlook and sends the messages. However, if I use HTML format, it acts as though it is sending something, but the messages never get sent. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Brian, I seem to have the same problem in Offic 2003. When I do an email merge from Word, the screen flickers at the end but there is no record of the emails having been sent in Outlook, i.e., they are not in the Sent folder. I've tried looking around...

How do I format a cell to auto date
I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi George Use a function like this one for todays date =TODAY() -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF21130-EBD9-41C2-8CB5-5723BE40CBB1@microsoft.com... >I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the > spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. > Thanks ...