Solver problem #3

I have a complex equation that is equal to zero with just one unknown that I
have entered as "x". I need to know how to use solver to solve for the
unknown variable. How do I do this? It seems like it should be simple, but
I'm not sure how to enter the unknown into the equation. I keep getting the
error, "Invalid target cell." Which makes me think that I should enter the
unknown into a different cell, or something else. Please help!!!
0
nj125 (2)

Assume some value for this x, and then enter this cell as 'by changing
cell'. Your equation cell should be the target cell.

- Mangesh

"nj125" <nj125@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a complex equation that is equal to zero with just one unknown that
> have entered as "x". I need to know how to use solver to solve for the
> unknown variable. How do I do this? It seems like it should be simple, but
> I'm not sure how to enter the unknown into the equation. I keep getting
the
> error, "Invalid target cell." Which makes me think that I should enter the
> unknown into a different cell, or something else. Please help!!!

nj125  -

> I have a complex equation that is equal to zero with just one unknown that
> I have entered as "x". I need to know how to use solver to solve for the
> unknown variable. How do I do this? It seems like it should be simple, but
> I'm not sure how to enter the unknown into the equation. I keep getting
> the error, "Invalid target cell." Which makes me think that I should enter
> the unknown into a different cell, or something else. Please help!!! <

You might be able to use Tools | Goal Seek for your task. See Excel's Help
for info.

(Goal Seek often works fine for a single unknown; Solver is required for
multiple unknowns with constraints.)

-  Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

Active Sync #3
Active Sync has been working fine on 3 Q tek hand set for the last 3 months. Today I configed the same hand set today for another user and got the an error: Only with this one user On the device : activesync encountered a problem on the server activesync 0x85010004 On the exchange : Event Type: Error Event Source: Server ActiveSync Event Category: None Event ID: 3031 Date: 12/18/2006 Time: 10:04:52 AM User: domain\username Computer: CALUK03 Description: The mailbox server [servername.domain] does not allow "Negotiate" authentication to its [exc...

Serious problem with mailbox
I have a power user that has a totally messed up mailbox and none of the fixes I try work. She has her Inbox and Sent Items located inside her Deleted Items folder. I've tried opening outlook with the /resetfolders switch and the /cleanprofile switch. Nothing works. It's not an outlook problem. They show up in the deleted items folder in OWA also. ANY direction would be greatly appreciated. Ron. if you have the old Exchange client available anywhere, you can try logging onto the mailbox with that...it might work... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Capt_Ron" <monbleau(n...

SUMIF only it has 3 ceretain texts in the same row
It gives me a FALSE statement any other suggestions? Thank -- vane032 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vane0326's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1473 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26565 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="A"),--(B1:B100="B"),--(C1:C100="C"),D1:D100) -- HTH RP "vane0326" <vane0326.1dh0ja@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vane0326.1dh0ja@excelforum-nospam.com... > > It gives me a FALSE statement any...

Problem searching a Contacts Public Folder
I have a user who deleted a Public Folder that was setup as a contacts folder. I restored the folder from backup tape. Now they cannot search using the find in Outlook2k3. When you search using the Advanced search it finds the contacts you are looking for. Has anyone seen this behavior before or can you point me in the right direction. I've spent a few hours looking at the options and playing with stuff - including creating a new public folder and restoring to that from a pst i made of the old one. Any help would be greatly apreciated. thanks In news:A24CE762-62E6-4E83-9270-850798...

Count Problem- cells with diagonal line
Hi I'm trying to count all cells in a range that have a diagonal lin accross the cell but so far no luck! :confused: Background: The Worksheet is an audit schedule and when an audit is completed diagonal (xldiagonalup) line is placed in the cell, for reporting I' like to obtain the total number of cells with the line. Would be sooooo grateful for a reply, I'm starting to loose the wil the live!!!!! Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this.... Ada -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Adam Push Alt+F11 and go to Insert>Module and in here past...

Problem with subtotal function
I've noticed since changing to Excel 2003 that when I have a spreadsheet that I want to do multiple subtotals on that if I have one grouping within a group followed by multiple groupings within a group that my subtotals start aligning in such a way that it is very confusing to read. Has anyone run across this and know of any fix? For example, I have sorted a spreadsheet with names, locations & other data by names, then location then subtotaled by name then by location. My results are Location 1 subtotal Location 2 subtotal Name 1 subtotal Location 1subtotal Locati...

Opening a form Problem
What code would I need to open this form from another form Private Sub subDistribute() Me.Caption = "Distribute Through Owner.." lbHodingInvoices.Caption = "Holding Invoices" lbDistribute.Caption = "Distribute" fraModify.Visible = True fraInvoices.Visible = False fraModify.value = 2 Thanks for any help...........Bob On Oct 27, 5:41 pm, "Bob V" <rjva...@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > What code would I need to open this form from another form > > Private Sub subDistribute() > Me.Caption = "Distribute Thr...

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank in the preview pane. Usually this is a virus or spam in an HTML message, which I usually can't see, which is fine. I tried to look at the body of the message and see the code for the link that is advertised in the spam, to file a complaint. Usually I right click on the message...

excel toolbar problems
I am trying to set up a shortcut of my file on another workers compute who has excel, but when I open up excel there is no menu bar or toolba at the top. Also when I open my file it doesn't allow the macros t run. Why and what can be done? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First, the easy one. Macros can represent a security risk. Therefore, MS has set the default behavior of excel to prohibit macros from running. Tools|macros|Security|Security level is how I would change it in xl2002. xl2k has 3 levels of security (high, medium, low). High stops everything....

A problem about the fonts to choose
hi! Is there any font to support any language and display well? I am useing tahoma now, it supports some language like Thai, Korean, but it seems the Japanese has some problem with tahoma Thanks! H,i > I am useing tahoma now, it supports some language like > > Thai, Korean, but it seems the Japanese has some problem with tahoma What do you mean the problems here, garbled text in... Thanks! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online Partner Support Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

Problem with sharing a calendar
I a trying to share out one of my users calendar, something I have done countless times before, but this time it is giving me an error. We have Outlook 2002 SP2 running on NT Workstation 4 SP6, I am able to set permissions on the calendar itself, but when go to set permissions on the "Mailbox - User" it gives me "The modified permission could not be saved. The client operation failed." I am running Exchange 2000 on Server 2000, before I took this job the backup on the Exchange server was hitting the M drive (has since been fixed), whenever I go and look at this persons se...

Custom Type Charts Problem
I am using Custom Type Charts in Excel, which uses Pivot Table as the Data Source. The problem that I am facing here is that whenever I Refresh the data using the Refresh icon, the Custom Type charts LOOSE their formatting. To make my problem clearer, I am attaching a sample Excel sheet herewith. In the sample file, go to 3rd sheet "Custom Type Chart" and have a look at the "Tubes" chart. Now click on the "!" Icon (this is the Refresh icon). The formatting of the chart changes. Try this out with the "Normal Chart". The formatting remains the same. P...

Synchronization problem in Outlook 2003
I have a user that is getting the following sync error message randomly throughout the day: 10:34:39 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 10:34:39 Synchronizing Mailbox 'User' 10:34:39 Downloading from server 'MAILSERVER' 10:34:39 Terminated in error 10:34:39 [80040119-100A0103-0-610] 10:34:39 Microsoft Office Outlook Offline Folders 10:34:39 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 10:34:39 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80040119-100a0103-0-610 I ran the SCANOST.EXE file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\10...

Refreshing a CRM 3.0 Test Environment
We currently have a production CRM 3.0 installation and a test CRM 3.0 installation. We've had pretty much the same data in the test enviroment since we went live and we'd like to refresh the whole enviroment with a new data dump from production. From reading various message boards and blogs, it appears that the only way to do a data refresh is to follow the instructions in the CRM Redeployment pdf. A few questions to those who do maintain a test installation and refresh it with data from production on a regular basis: 1) Do you have really have to uninstall and reinstall C...

Advanced Filter #3
Is it possible to filter characters such as * and @ using the advance filter function? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com To filter for an asterisk, use: *~** To filter for @, leave the heading cell in the criteria area blank. In the cell below, enter a formula that refers to the first row of data in the appropriate column, e.g.: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("@",A2)) ratm wrote: > Is it possible to filter characters such as * and @ using the adv...

problems with IE windows.open and validation. works fine in Mozilla
hi, I m having problems with validation and IE windows.open. here's my website http://www.invoicernow.com/Invoices/Add.aspx account: testms pwd: 1@a basically when windows.open is called, it also calls validation and doesn't let the popup window open. however, the same site works in IE. recreate the senario, goto my website http://www.invoicernow.com/Invoices/Add.aspx use the above account and password. In the Customer Id field, click the search button, you will see, it works perfectly fine in mozilla which opens a popup, but in IE a new popup window doesn...

Web Queries #3
I am running a web query on a 540 record table on a website. I get the message " The query returned more data than will fit on a worksheet." and the data is truncated to 515 records. Is there a way I can get the web query to show the whole details ? Cheers in advance ...

MT2OFX Version 3.2 Released
MT2OFX is a free utility program for translating bank statement information in any text/CSV format to QIF or OFX for use with MS Money or many other personal finance programs. This version adds: * the ability to read OFC files as input, allowing use of OFC-format downloads with Money 2005 * the ability to read QIF files as input, making it possible to translate QIF to OFX or QIF to QIF, all fully scriptable as usual; * transaction splits to the data model to help with QIF processing * ability to output to a temporary file which is deleted after the import has been run * ability to take tex...

CRM 3.0 Authentication Eorrer
When logging into my CRM webpage from the actual CRM server itself using Internet Explorer address http://localhost I get the following error: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. I am using the same account I used to install CRM server. I can not assign a security role becuase I can not get into it. I have also reinstalled CRM to try to fix the issue. But this does not help. I am using Windows Se...

Problems with same domain E-mail
Hey guys, Have a client with Outlook 2003. She is having problems sending new mail to anyone else in the office with the same E-mail domain. {joe@muggs.com can not send new mail to jane@muggs.com} But she can reply to same domain E-mail. Outside domain mail is being delivered. {joe@muggs.com can send to jane@unmugged.com} They are using Bellsouth for their DSL connection and for their webhosting. Bellsouth just did a major overhaul of their network and did major changes to the E-mail servers. Bellsouth though has no idea what is going on. The other machines in the building are usin...

zune 3.0 and media addition 2002 2005
I am having a hard time installing zune firmware 3.0. My PC had media center 2005 but when my mother board went poof Dell installed xp professional windows media center 2002 so when I try to install the new zune firmware (software) it says I need 2005 media center. I had this same problem with installing 2.5 a ew weeks back and for some reason I got it installed but can't get 3.0 installed. There has to be away to bypass media center 2002 because if I did it once it can be done again. Anyway of doing this or do I need to spend hours of the phone with Dell which they already know th...

OMA problem after Exchange 2003 SP2
Hi every one, can any Exchange 2003 Server Administrator help me for solving the following error "A System error has occurred while processing your request" .. It was appearing after installing Exchange 2003 SP2. Actually more information is needed, but the most common problem with OMA is http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817379 (check Method 2) Regards, Dusan "Hassan Karawya" <Hassan Karawya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6B850B6-D521-4660-ACA3-0516AF834883@microsoft.com... > Hi every one, can any Exchange 2003 Serv...

VALUE ERROR #3
I have a sheet that is doing a calculation where I get a VALUE error. In cell g5 the calculation is as follows: =if(E5<>0,D5-E5,0) The problem is that E5 also has a calculation that involes text. This is the calculation ''=IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A7,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$J$11")),"",INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A7,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$J$11")) Thanks in advance for any help. Are the cells D5 and E5 both displaying numeric values? For example, what is the result of = E5*2 and =D5*2?...

Visual Studio C++ 6.0 installation problem for XP
Hi, I have used Visual Studio C++ 6.0 in Windows 2000 for years. Recently I upgraded my machine to XP. Then the installation for Visual Studio 6.0 went so bad. Now I cannot un-install it because it doesn't show up in the "Add or Remove Programs" list. If I try to re-install it, I always get a message saying the installation is unsuccessful. So I am totally stuck. I am still able to use the C++, but sometimes it just hangs forever during the linking stage. When I click on the menu item "Help", then "About Visual C++", I get an "About" d...

ReadFile & WriteFile Problem?
I need to read/write on raw disk drive and it works. After many trials, I found a little bit strange thing. The API ReadFile and WriteFlle read/write datas only from sector size boundaries. I don't know why it should do like that. Following is my code. void readBytes ( void *readBuf, long bytesToMove, long bytesToRead) { int ret = SetFilePointer (diskHandle, bytesToMove, NULL, FILE_BEGIN); unsigned long bytesRead; BOOL result = ReadFile ( diskHandle, readBuf, bytesToRead, &bytesRead , NULL); printf("read %d bytes!!\n", bytesRead); } When char readBuf[512]; long by...