solver and macros #2

Before you use the solver within a macro, you must
establish a reference to the Solver add-in.

With a Visual Basic module active, click References on the
Tools menu, and then select the Solver.xla check box under
Available References.

If Solver.xla doesn't appear under Available References,
click Browse and open Solver.xla in the \Office\Library
subfolder.

Cheers
Nick
0
anonymous (74722)

Excel macro to close powerpoint
I have an excel macro in excel 2000 which opens a powerpoint slide show. How do I get it to close powerpoint when the show finishes? Thankyou! :confused: -- sarahl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sarahl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490026 If you have a reference to the PowerPoint application, use the Quit method. PPT.Quit where PPT is your reference to PowerPoint. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson S...

Linking 2 workbooks
What is the formula/procedure to link an entry in a Source workbook to an identified name in another workbook? Example: Sam makes numerous donations over time that are entered into the main spreadsheet. Entry of a given donation should automatically appear as a separate entry in his own identified workbook. ...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

MS Money small business for Canada #2
Hi, I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. Regards, Alex In microsoft.public.money, Alex wrote: > > >I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company >accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this >product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. The last such product was Money 2000. Today only Standard is available for Canada. Th...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

MSPOS 2.0
To change the behavior of the screen's min/max buttons one must enable it through the POS View. Need to be able to set this in Manager View also for non-POS machines without having to hack the database. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Auto Format #2
Can't find Auto Format, did excel 2007 decide not to have this function, is there a similiar function to be used instead of autoformat? Hi Ness! If you want to select a formatting for your table select Format as Table in the Home Tab of the Ribbon. I believe that is the replacement for the Auto Format command in the previous versions of Microsoft Excel. Hope this Helps! -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "Ness" wrote: > Can't find Auto F...

Unable to send emails #2
My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks "TPSchaefer" <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the >server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. > >Any ideas would be appreciated. Fix your DNS or your network connection to your DNS. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm I have...

XML ASP.NET 2.o Issue
Hi, I have the following code and I'm using News.xsl to read the XML file - Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS PAST (myXml.Document) IS NOT WORKING IN ASP.NET 2.0 '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- myXml.Document = getXML(nSource.SelectedItem.Value) End Sub Function getXML(ByVal sourceFile As String) Dim myRequest As System.Net.WebRequest = System.Net.WebRequest....

ms pos 1.2 weird word jumble
Store Operations Manager was not working, so I did a repair install. After the repair, the wrong phrases were in the wrong spot. For example, instead of cancel it says "category code" and instead of file it says "Filter:" Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? I took a screenshot of the home screen so you can see the weirdness for yourself: http://picasaweb.google.com/MissVoldemort/Weird#5349426894521446370 ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Account...

Xml validation against xsd #2

Missing Recipients #2
We are running Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 with all of the service packs for both. Recently we noticed that when users sent email sometimes the recipients would appar blank. The recipients were present when the email was sent and they also received the message, however when we look in sent items or the recipient pulls up the message in their inbox it will just display a blank field in the To field. I am certain that they are not using the BCC field and it happens to multiple users so it's not specific to somebody's computer. What is causing this issue? ...

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

Auto Assigning Categories #2
Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. Is there a way to assign one transaction then have Money update all similar transactions with my the new category assignment. Also will money remember the new category assignment and auto assign all similar future transactions? -- Joe In microsoft.public.money, Joe Robison wrote: >Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to >transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. I...

dynamic named range #2
thank-you, as usual, top notch! E -- ExcelMonke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26678 ...

an outlook2000 macro programming question.....
an outlook2000 macro programming question..... I created a user-defind field "price" in outlook2000 "task", I want to count the all item of "price" field, and I know Excel can do this perfect, but when I export outlook "task" to an Excel file, the "price" field can't be converted , Outlook2000 can't convert user-defined field, so I try to find another way to do this statistic work, anybody know if Outlook2000's macro programming can do this? ...

Macro & Protect Commands
I am having a problem with the excel 'protect sheet' and 'macro' functions in Excel 2002. For some reason they are greyed out (not available) in the tools pull down menu. I have already tried the macro security settings and that is not it. Some additional information: I am not able to right-click on the worksheet tabs and if I log in under a different user name the functions are available. I have tried reinstalling office and it didn't help. I know it must be something in my user settings but I am not aware where to go to change settings concerning Excel. A...

sorting text in 2 columns by likeness
I have 2 columns of text with number values associated with them. Amy 21 Amanda 12 Bill 12 Amy 18 Chris 32 Bill 23 Kathy 8 Chris 12 Kim 15 Curtis 32 Todd 23 Katrhy 21 Todd 5 I need to be able to sort these like this Amanda 12 Amy 21 Amy 18 Bill 12 Bill 23 Chris 32 Chris ...

heading #2
Hi, How to use a certain row to be as a header on each page when printing? thanks Assuming pre-XL2007: File | page Setup | open the Sheet Tab | specify which rows (and/or columns) are to be printed on each page. You CANNOT do this from PrintPreview best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Khalil handal" <khhandal@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OqHuYqJQIHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How to use a certain row to be as a header on each page when printing? > thanks > > ...

Diable excel macro for DATES
Hi, everytime i copy and paste from a website in this format XX/YY excel sees it as a DATE. how can i disable this feature..I just want t paste it as its raw form of XX/YY. When i cut and paste it in my exce and try to change the format by using TExt. it comes up with rubbis numbers. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try formatting, as text, before you import -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "evo >" <<evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > everytime i copy ...

Printing an A5 booklet 2 up on A4 paper
Sorry for what is a long story but hopefully, "what I am trying to do and why I cant do it", will be clear enough by the time you get to the end. This really is a simple requirement that was easy to do and worked fine in every version of Publisher prior to 2007! I am printing a booklet that is basically, an A5 page folded in half containing 28 pages. The printer it is sent to is a HP8550 with duplex. The page setup is set correctly as Booklet, 10.5cm x 14.85cm prints 4 pages per piece of A5 paper and it prints it in the correct order, paginated etc. The problem started when...

Exchange move #2
Hi Everyone Are there any issues with moving an Exchange Server 2003 install on a Windows 2000 server to a Windows 2003 server Thanks in advance Greg Depends on how you move it, I guess. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Greg Edmonds" <g.edmonds@uq.edu.au> wrote in message news:515CF446-48EE-4F26-9141-65FE6E461711@microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > Are there any issues with moving an Exchange Server 2003 install on a Windows 2000 server to a Windows 2003 server? > > Thanks in advance, > > Greg...

Display names #2
planning a migration from exchange 5.5 to a live 2003 organisation, both in seperate organistations. The 2003 uses a display name of 'surname, firstname' and the 5.5 uses 'firstname, surname', wanted to know the easiest way of bulk changing the 5.5 display names to 'surname, firstname'? -- Many Thanks Nikrep <Nikrep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >planning a migration from exchange 5.5 to a live 2003 organisation, both in >seperate organistations. The 2003 uses a display name of 'surname, >firstname' and the 5.5 uses 'firstname...

UDP using CAsyncSocket #2
I have always used CAsyncSocket to make TCP connections. But for my current project I need to receive from a UDP stream. I thought I would just use CAsyncSocket and specify SOCK_DGRAM in the Create function. I asked my client for the address and port I should be using. He told me the port number and said "its UDP, I don't need an address". I said "Oh" and I left. I never connected to UDP before so I don't know. Now I am in my office and I am looking stuff up and I am confused... For UDP, do I need an address to receive data as a client? DecafCoffeeDrinker wrote...