smart tags #4

I am using Excel 2003 and trying to put together a worksheet with stock
prices, using smart tags.  The stock prices all update (I'm using MSN Money
Stock Quotes), but not every stock symbol displays a smart tag.  The smart
tags are helpful as they carry a link back to news and other info on the
stock.

How can I get ALL the stocks to show smart tags?  Incidentally, the stocks
I'm talking about are well known stocks like GM, Proctor & Gamble & Ford.

Thanks in advance.

You can download the Excel 2003/2002 Add-in: MSN Money Stock Quotes:

http://tinyurl.com/dw948

This won't automatically create a smart tag for GM, for example.  But
you can use the  "Insert Stock Quotes" function on the newly installed
toolbar to create a  quote for GM, which will drop that quote onto the
sheet where you specify.  Then you can copy and paste the cell with
"GM" in it (now with a smart tag) to where ever else you might need it,
and the smart tag will go with it.

--
Excel_Geek

Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400137

Hey good stuff!  Thanks for that solution, it's not slick, but it works!

"Excel_Geek" wrote:

> You can download the Excel 2003/2002 Add-in: MSN Money Stock Quotes:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dw948
>
> This won't automatically create a smart tag for GM, for example.  But
> you can use the  "Insert Stock Quotes" function on the newly installed
> toolbar to create a  quote for GM, which will drop that quote onto the
> sheet where you specify.  Then you can copy and paste the cell with
> "GM" in it (now with a smart tag) to where ever else you might need it,
> and the smart tag will go with it.
>

> --
> Excel_Geek

> Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26423
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400137

reply #4
When I am replying to a massage it does not get mark down as replied, any ideas? "mike" <metzioni@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2005b01c4589e$be684cc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I am replying to a massage it does not get mark down > as replied, any ideas? That's because you are using the Web interface. If you need to see which posts you have replied to, then you need to use a News reader. Try OE for starters, go here to see how to set it up. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=171164&product=oex ...

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...

drop-down list #4
I have added a drop-down list to some cells. There are 30 items in the list, but only the first 8 are visible when it opens and its necessary to use the scrollbar to see the other items. How can I force all 30 items to be visible when I click the drop-down arrow? Thanks, Jeff If using Data Validation dropdown. you cannot extend the size of the box. Go with a ComboBox from the Control Toolbox or the Forms Toolbar. How-to can be found here. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal10.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:23:14 -0000, "Jeff" <noem@il.pls&g...

How to use only half DIN A 4
Tengo que confeccionar nuevas listas de precios para mi negocio, las cuales van introducidas dentro de un soporte de plástico. La medida de las listas es de la mitad de din A4. Tengo hecha la plantilla en din A4 mediante Publisher y no se como reducirlo a la mitad. Puede alguien ayudarme por favor? Trabajar con texto http://office.microsoft.com/es-hn/assistance/CH062524573082.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Kat...

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

Publisher 2002 #4
Last year we installed Publisher 2002 on our computers in our office. Before that we had Publisher 1998. Now when we open up a Publisher 1998 saved document on our Publisher 2002 program it messes up the lines and format of the 1998 format. It would take way to long to fix all of this mess. There has to be a way to get 2002 to not mess up the formating of 1998 documents. Can anyone help me with this? We do have Norton's Antivirus protection on our computers. Thanks for your help. Willie Refer your other post and how to attend to your frustration. Anybody that uses the garbage tr...

CRM 4 seems to be locking
I have a client that still seems to be experiencing major performance issues with CRM 4. The problems occur when browsing around an open record. If I open a Contact, then click through some tabs, IE will just freeze, without timing out, or even showing the IE progress circle spinning. Then after 2-3 minutes, it will open up. This behavior occurs client side as well as on the server. They have Symantec AV installed, which I have turned off completely and the same behavior occurs. The last piece of this is that they have the C360 suite installed. I am starting to think this might b...

Why does 62 KB translate into 4.2 MB in Publisher?
When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from ~275 KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Let me guess - Publisher 2000? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Publisher induced baldness" <Publisher induced baldness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ED85165-A29E-44AA-AFE6-4F5A5D518991@microsoft.com... > When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from > ~275 > KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Publisher 2000 doesn't support compression. PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture ...

auto archive #4
I have some questions about auto archiving my mail. Will searching for mail automatically search through the archives? Presumably, messages that are archived will not appear in my inbox or other original folder once they have been archived? Thanks, Phil You can search through archive files, but you'd have to open them in Outlook first (File | Open), and then you can only search through one .PST file at a time -- so you could search your main set of Personal Folders first, then the first archive file, then the second, etc. You are correct that archived items are moved, not copied, fr...

Printing Attachments #4
Hey guys I can't figure out why I'm not printing Attachments in Microsoft Outlook. Under Printing and Memo Style I have "Print attached files" checked off. But for some reason I'm not able to make attachments print show up in my printed emails. Anyone know what's wrong with me? Thanks, Russ ...

Outlook Desktop Client 4.0 issue
While installing the Outlook Client .net failed to install. Can't seem to get pass the error. Does any one know what the issue might be. The machine is an IBM Thinkpad T43. I'm also having issues with Outlook restarting itself every five minutes on other machines after the client has been installed. Help!!! A.J. download the .Netframework locally from google and install it and then run the setup. /Aamir ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

data entry #4
Whenever I enter numbers in Excel, I get this error message: "Can't find project or library." After OKing the dialogs, the entry is made. How can I get rid of these error messages? Thanks, CMA It sounds like you have a macro lurking somewhere Does this happen with every workbook? Does it happen when you start Excel and open a new workbook? Are you using any third party add-in? Look in Tools | Add- ins and note which items are checked With this info other will be able to give you more help - I'm out of town for a few days best wishes -...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

Smart List word wrapping
Smartlist is word wrapping at screen output and when printing anything wider than 8.5 page. My question: Is there a way to prevent the wrapping Have tried landscape and scale to fit on various printers but no luck. We are on gp 8.0 Hey, TIA Brad Brad, The only thing I have seen that would prevent word wrapping is to make each column display narrower so that everything fits to 1 page wide when printing. If that's not an option, you'll need to export into Excel and format there to get the printout to look like you want. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - h...

duplicate email #4
I am using outlook 2003 and another person is deligated to open and send emails on my behalf. Since the upgrade to 2003, some of my old emails, that I had put in different folders, re-appear in the inbox. Any idea what might be causing it? Thanks Jamal ...

Frustrated by hierarchical tags
Both WLPG and Adobe Lightroom claim to support hierarchical (nested) tags. Both do, to a degree, but implementation is only half-baked. In particular, both "flatten" the hierachy under certain conditions. I can almost understand the lack of cooperation between the two companies, but Microsoft gets it wrong even within WLPG. Create a set of hierarchical keywords and apply them to JPG and DNG files. Both *appear* to support the hierarchical tags, even as far as hovering the mouse over the tags in the "Info" pane, and seeing the "/" character that separates...

Smart Tag for Outlook 2007
Hi, I need to create a Smart Tag for Outlook 2007. How can I do that? There's any tutorial or reference? Thank in advance! ...

outlook wont open #4
When i double click on Microsoft Office Outlook it just comes up with the message Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. I've had to set up Express instead which i don't like! "Josmith222" wrote in message news:3056DFF4-1AE0-4032-BC82-8A135982DD7B@microsoft.com... > When i double click on Microsoft Office Outlook it just comes up > with the > message Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. I've had to set up > Express instead > which i don't like! Do you have an Exchange mail host to connect to? If not, delete the Exchange mail account (use the Mail ap...

6/4 not 3/2
Hi there, This has really been bugging me for some time now, i work in the sporting industry and work out odds on sporting events, to work out my perecentages i format the cells as ##/## to enter my odds ie 5/4, 10/1, 13/8 etc but when i put in 6/4 or 4/6 it always goes to 3/2 or 2/3, this is not a problem for me working it out but when i pass it on to other departments they have to change it manually to 6/4 or 4/6. The only way i can think of is to format it as text but then my formulaes dont work becase it's not a number anymore. Any Ideas ?? --- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

format cell #4

XY-Chart with 4 axes
I have: data point P1(x1, y1); uses the primary X-Axis & primary Y-Axis, and data point P2(x2, y2); uses the secondary X-Axis & secondary Y-Axis. Can someone please tell me how to join P1 and P2 by a straightline ?? I've tried couple of ideas with no success ! Thank you. In article <7365A2E8-BE5E-4217-8DEA-FD6912B5ACD1@microsoft.com>, monir@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have: data point P1(x1, y1); uses the primary X-Axis & primary Y-Axis, and > data point P2(x2, y2); uses the secondary X-Axis & secondary Y-Axis. > > Can someone please...