Small numbers in the top corner "Xs"

Hello, I have a small number "2" in the minimize box and
a number in all of the boxes at the top of my page, where
you minimize and maximize the page; also if I go to a
page that has a box to check, you can't see the box
clearly to check it off...does anyone know how I can fix
this problem please?!  Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Just a guess...

Does it happen in all Windows programs?  If yes, then it sounds like the font
that is used for those symbols got mixed up.

Try Windows start button|Run|charmap (and hit ok).

Select the Marlett font.

In win98, about half way over of the first line, I see the characters for the
minimize, resize, maximize buttons.

Do you see that 2 there?  If yes, is there anyway you can get a copy of that
font and reinstall it.  (Maybe off your windows CD?)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

xs:element name in xsd file for int.
Hi all, I am having table in database with say name as '1company'. when i generate strongly typed dataset for this table in xsd file i am getting entry as below:- <xs:element name="_x0031_company" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> Can anyone tell me why column name '1company' is written as "_x0031_company"? why can't i have entry as below: <xs:element name="1company" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> Any help will be truely appreciated. trialproduct2004@yahoo.com wrote: > I am havi...

Filtered nodes with template/param, but xsl:number still counts them?

DataSets and xs:any
I am trying to specify an xsd schema for a dataset (using dataset.readxmlschema), before filling the dataset from an xml document (using dataset.readxml), in order to define relationships between tables. This gets me a dataset with the relevant relationships between tables etc. However, I specify in the xsd that an element of a complexType can be "xs:any". i.e "Allow any other elements to appear here, in addition to those specified in the schema" The dataset seems to ignore this, and therefore ignores any data from the loaded xml. If I dont specify a dtd at all, the ...

xs:dateTime and timezone problems
Not sure if this is an xml or a ado.net question: I have created an xml document from a .net dataset which contains a DateTime column, however all the time elements are set to 00:00:00. example of xml created: <Date>2005-06-03T00:00:00.0000000+01:00</Date> I am based in the UK and my computer timezone is set to GMT (although the above data may have been created during DST). If I load this xml document back into a dataset and save the results into a sql table, I find that the time element remains zero (regardless of it being DST or not). If I change my computer timezone to Sydne...

DataSet.ReadXmlSchema and xs:include
Hi All, I have seen this type of question raised in various groups but no one has supplied a definitive answer. I am trying to load a dataset schema that has an xs:include. Project policy is to have all schemas as embedded resources but there appears to be no means by which the DataSet.ReadXmlSchema method can be induced to use a custom Xmlresolver in order to supply the embedded referenced schema. I have tried passing a custom resolver to an XmlTextReader and then loading the schema using the reader however the resolver is never fired. I suspect the resolver when used in conjunction with th...

Predicting new Ys given new Xs using known relationship for X and
Hello. I know people have posted similar questions about using an existing relationship between X and Y to predict new Ys given new Xs but I think mine has a slightly different twist. I would appreciate any help that could be offered. I have 20 data points for both X and Y. Each X point represents the number of workers on a farm for a particular year over a 20-year period. Each Y point represents the amount of crop harvest each year over that same period. The data is from 1901 to 1920. When I plot the points and fit an exponential trend line I get a high R-square of .9 . I would li...

XmlValidatingReader Ignores xs:int definition
Hallo, I wrote a complex XSD-Schema for validating complex XML files. By validating xs:int elements XmlValidatingReader does not validate it correctly. My XSD looks like this: .... <xs:complexType name="Frage"> <xs:all> <xs:element name="Wann" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" msprop:nullValue="_empty" /> <xs:element name="Art" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" msprop:nullValue="_empty" /> <xs:element name="WieLange" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"...

missing type in xs:attribute
What type is used when I not specify it on xs:attribute? for example <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:complexType name="XXX"> <xs:attribute name="name" use="required"/> </xs:complexType> </xs:schema> Lars Lars Schouw wrote: > What type is used when I not specify it on xs:attribute? > > for example > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> > <xs:schema ...

Accessing the PSVI value of xs:token types
Is there a way to access the PSVI value of xs:token types using C# (.NET Framework 2.0)? This issue has been around for some time (see http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200310/msg00382.html). It appears that validation of token types now behaves correctly but the parser (e.g. XmlReader) still does not normalise the value (i.e. it is not PSVI enabled). In other words, is there a way to receive the following "test" element value (if defined in xml schema to be of type xs:token) as "A B C"? (its lexical value) <test> A B C </test>...

high-performance alternative to xsl:number
Hi, I am trying to allocate a unique ID to every instance of tag 'foo' in a large XML document. currently I'm doing this: <xsl:variable name="UniqueId"> <xsl:number count="foo" level="any"/> </xsl:variable> but with .Net framework 1.1 (using XPathDocument) it is very slow for large documents (say 100mb with 100,000 foo tags in it). when I say very slow, I am talking days and I would like it to take minutes !! the only pure XSL alternative I've seen is to use position(). however, the <foo> tags can occur at different leve...

XmlSerializer for optional xs:date #2
I have several elements that have optional child elements and attributes that are xs:dates. I have been using System.DateTime and the XmlAttribute/XmlElement attributes, but these will never work as System.DateTime can never be null. So public class MyClass { [XmlAttribute("a")] public string a; [XmlElement(ElementName="b", DataType="date")] public DateTime b; } will return <MyClass> <b>0001-01-01</b> </MyClass> when I want an empty element. I have tried my own class (Date) that exposes an XmlText attribute: public cl...

Multiple definition of element in xs:choice element
Hajo, I know only one way of forcing element to have one or more childes: <xs:element name="saleOrSupplyMethod"> <BR/> <xs:complexType> <xs:choice> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="generalSale" type="emptyTagType" /> <xs:element name="prescription" type="emptyTagType"/> <xs:element name="retailSale" type="emptyTagType" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:sequence> <xs:el...

use xsd.exe generate class if the xsd files include xs:union datat

xmlSchemaSet compile and xs:import error
Hi, I have following schema saved in new.xsd <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://www.smpte-ra.org/schemas/429.7/2006/CPL" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" xmlns:cpl="http://www.smpte-ra.org/schemas/429.7/2006/CPL" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xmldsig...

How to say it in XSD? (xs:list, xs:enumeration, ...)
Suppose I have a simple type which is enumeration <xs:simpleType name="fontStyle"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> <xs:enumeration value="bold" /> <xs:enumeration value="italic" /> <xs:enumeration value="underlined" /> <xs:enumeration value="strikeout" /> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> I want a type which is any combination of the above, so I write <xs:simpleType name="fontStyleLst"> <xs:list itemType="fontStyle&...

xs:all, xs:choice, xs:sequence, none seem to fit

XSLT number-format command and scientific notation (HELP!)
Well, the project I am working on has now come to a screeching halt! I have been developing a program that heavily utilizes ADO.NET record sets. To generate reports, I convert the recordset to XML, and then apply an XSLT to transform the XML into HTML. This works great (or did) until today. I just found out that the "number-format" command in XSLT can't handle scientific notation! So when I try to format these numbers I just get "NaN" on the output report!!! There are only two solutions I can see, and don't know how to implement either of them. One would be to get ...

xs:anyAttribute XmlSerializer Bug
I am noticing some VERY odd behavior when serializing and deserializing classes that were generate using the XSD.exe utility. Can anyone confirm if this is a bug (or it I am just doing something I shouldn't!) Basically what is happening is that if the schema contains a collection of base types and the base type contains the xs:anyAttribute type, the xsi:type attribute gets set twice for a single element. Here is an example of the erroneous output: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <BaseCollection ... xsi:type="DerivedTypeCollection" > <...

Small numbers in the top corner "Xs"
Hello, I have a small number "2" in the minimize box and a number in all of the boxes at the top of my page, where you minimize and maximize the page; also if I go to a page that has a box to check, you can't see the box clearly to check it off...does anyone know how I can fix this problem please?! Thanks! Just a guess... Does it happen in all Windows programs? If yes, then it sounds like the font that is used for those symbols got mixed up. Try Windows start button|Run|charmap (and hit ok). Select the Marlett font. In win98, about half way over of the first line, I s...

XSD and xs:union?
It seems that the XSD tool supplied with VS2005 does not handle "xs:union". Am I doing something wrong? Is there a work-around? Here is a simple sample file: -------------------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element name="ELDataSet"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="TestElement" ty...

XSD tool's class generation for <xs:list>: bug or not ?
Hi, People I'd like to restrict the contents of an element to a list of string values delimited by a space such as the one below: <tables>summary positions trades</tables> So I defined the following schema: .... <xs:element name="tables" type="TableList"/> <xs:simpleType name="TableList"> <xs:list itemType="TableEnum"/> </xs:simpleType> <xs:simpleType name="TableEnum"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> <xs:enumeration value="summary"/> ...

xs:dateTime <-> DateTime ?
Hi! I'm reading data from an XML file using the XmlDocument class. Some elements are of type xs:dateTime. Is there a way to convert a xs:dateTime value to a standard DateTime object? Thanks! Jens Jens Weiermann wrote: > I'm reading data from an XML file using the XmlDocument class. Some > elements are of type xs:dateTime. Is there a way to convert a xs:dateTime > value to a standard DateTime object? Look at XmlConvert which has a ToString(DateTime) method to convert a ..NET DateTime to a string complying with xs:dateTime and a method ToDateTime(string) to convert a xs:...

XSD (schemas) with xs:any tags
Hello. I used svcutil (XMLSerializer though) to do code generation for me on my schemas which includes xs:any elements. Where these xs:any elements exist, svcutil produces classes with member variables and their associated public properties of type: System.Xml.XmlElement I am taking the generated classes from svcutil and building a dll of them. I want someone using this dll to be able to put their type into the classes that had the xs:any and thus XmlElement will not work. I can not stick just any old type in their because I don't want the auto-generated schema from...

XmlReader and <xs:import> in schema
I am trying to produce a generic "audit report" for various transactions in our application. Each transaction type defines a document (and has an associated schema). When a transaction leads to a "write to the database", we store the dataset's diffgram in the audit table. To render the audit report we load the diffgram into a generic DataSet and bind it to a grid. All works well unless the document's schema had an <xs:import> to bring in common GlobalTypes. The orignal code used an XmlTextReader. I thought that we could use an XmlValidatingReader...

at runtime, get possible choices for xs:choice class
Hi, I am using Reflection to build a GUI based on a class create with XSD, in VB ..NET 2.0. For most elements, I can easily determine the Type and then provide the user some controls to select what data to use (they are creating an XML document essentially on the fly). But the choice element has several possible types and so it creates this itemField as object within the xs:choice-generated class: Private itemField As Object '''<remarks/> <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("DetectionCommand", GetType(DetectionCommandType)), _ ...