slow excel using win2000 sp3

I have an application that loads 15 spreadsheets, performs some
calculations and then saves these 15 spreadsheets. Using the same
application workbook, I can run the application under win97se in under 3
minutes but under win2000, it takes over a half hour. What gives. Does
anyone have an explanation?

0
dsalls (1)

have to read data from Excel
Hi, I want to read and write the data from the excel file. I dont know how to do this. Any pointer will be helpful Thanks in advance Gaurav "Gaurav" <gauravgoyal121@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1185881881.293085.303740@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > I want to read and write the data from the excel file. > I dont know how to do this. Any pointer will be helpful Hi, I think that you might consider using some file format different from XLS, e.g. you may use CSV (comma separated values) or XML. Excel can manage CSV and XML file formats, so you may exp...

vb.net and sql server 2005 stored procedure very slow
Hi, I'm migrating a system from vb6 to vb.net. I developed a stored procedure (SP) in SQL Server 2000 that has come across to SQL Server 2005 and is being used by the vb6 application fine. When I access the SP from my new vb.net code though it's really really slow. I'm looking for advice on how I should rewrite the SP so that it'll work better with vb.net. The SP has an input and an output parameter. I suspect the problem is with the way I did the input parameter. The input parameter is a string containing a SQL where statement. That statement is used to que...

Outlook 2003 Pro with XP Pro Too Slow with McAfee 2004
I just bought a new high-end brandname laptop with XP Pro. In it, I: - installed Office 2003 Pro, - installed McAfee Internet Security Center 6.0 2004 (including Firewall, AntiVirus, Privacy Service, Spamkiller), and - downloaded and installed all latest MS and McAfee software updates, by the books. Hoping to lessen intra-computer response, I opted out some sub-features in McAfee. The installations were easy. Without McAfee, Outlook 2003 was fast, reliable. After installing and working with McAfee, Outlook 2003 is miserably slow in most operations (send/receive, clicking on ema...

Using a C++ Win32 DLL internally in an ActiveX deployed on a webpage
Hi, I am some what new to Visual C++ environment, so please forgive any trivial queries made, but do reply. Can an MFC ActiveX control use a C++ DLL internally to process information. The ActiveX DLL here, is provides a GUI component to be embedded on a webpage and also process data which it receives through the DLL (through sockets). How should the DLL be structured so that it can be used by the ActiveX control on the client machine, without actually registering the itself (the ActiveX gets registered by IE, but I don't want the DLLs ActiveX control uses to get registered)? I have cre...

Excell 2007????
Has anyone any insight on changes to the charting options in Excel 2007? What I have found emphasizes integrating the excel charting with word and powerpoint and fancy chart themes. But there's nothing on any new chart types, like boxplots or things like scatterplot data labels. I know we can download the beta, but I'm afraid of what it might do to my existing version of office.. Gary: Here's an article by Stephen Few on Excel 12. http://www.b-eye-network.com/view/2818 Stephen's point is that Microsoft has missed a big opportunity. Kelly ...koday@processtrends.com ...

Count using Multiple Criteria
I have a spered sheet I am using to keep track of leaks of different types and it covers several years. I would like a tally sheet by year. This requires that I use the year column and the leak type column in my search criteria. Date Unit Type Of Leak Location 12/00/02 1811 Slab Hot water line to washing machine 11/00/02 1515 Grout Grout around bath tub 11/00/02 16th Stack Pin hole Main shutoff leaking 10/00/02 Pump Room Pin hole 2 1/2 supply line to pump 10/00/02 109 Plumbing Patio hosebib supply 9/00/02 10th Floor Plumbing Across from the South Planter 8/00/02 1216 Plumbing repairs I...

Refresh Imported Data
This probably sounds dumb - I have a spreadsheet that I have imported data from an existing dsn/odbc, I set the properties to refresh every 24 hours (1220 minutes), and on open. The file is going to be used for an orgchart in another program that imports the data from excel. I am testing that automation also, it has tasks that refresh the data from the excel file. What I don't know is if the excel spreadsheet has to be open for the refresh to occur? That is not a problem, so far, but not sure yet if I can refresh the orgchart file if the excel file is open. The files will all be...

Using a Pivot table in a form
I have created a pivot table that displays exactly what I want to see. Is there a way to display that results inside a form? ...

how do i get a 'save' sound in excel?
How do i get the excel programme to give me a confirmation sound when i have saved? (cntrl+s) so i dont need to look up to see if its saved the data. Depending on your version of office: 2k, 2002, 2003: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C8BB981D-2A23-4D1A-8310-457C733BE290&displaylang=EN (one line in your browser) or http://snipurl.com/2z7v 97: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9293ba43-2810-482c-9168-8122a9d76ecd&DisplayLang=en or http://snipurl.com/eqe9 Frannie wrote: > > How do i get the excel programme to give me a confirm...

Is there any way to use gridlines in the Excel Calendar Templates?

Excel vba autofilter code
I have some code to filter a result set to a list of unique names - is there something I can add that will also remove 'blank' entries ? Range("AP1:AP" & LastRowNewData).AdvancedFilter _ Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CopyToRange:=Range("A44"), _ Unique:=True Thanks ...

how to publish excel workbooks
Hello My problem is simple, i need to publish to my clients a catalog of electrical material that has over 60.000 entries, and with links between more then one sheet. Problem is i dont want users to copy/paste, or change the data, only can view it. Of course i wont use Excel built in protection since it offers no security at all, the same problem applies to VBA coding, that can be easily forced in. Solution was to export this to html, and from html to flash, but i think it will be very slow. Basically the ideal would be to export he whole workbook intact to flash, that would be swell. Ok t...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

Code for making Excel beep
Hi I'm not sure how to alter the code below to achieve what i want. I have the following code that i run at the end of a macro,which give an audible beep if conditions are met. If Range("B2").Value > Range("C5").Value And Range("C5") > "" Then xcount = 1 For xcount = 1 To 5 Beep newHour = Hour(Now()) newMinute = Minute(Now()) newSecond = Second(Now()) + 1 waitTime = TimeSerial(newHour, newMinute, newSecond) Application.Wait waitTime Next End If End Sub Below is part of a formula that outlines the new conditions that nee to be met. I...

Merged cells when exporting reports into excel files
The excel files exported by custom reports we have made using reporting services, have a lot of merged cells. Do you have any idea why does this happen ??? Hi George, We have experienced this before and would like to share our findings Check your report to see if you have any labels added to the report... Generally Report Headings that are wide enough to extend the width of the columns below... Fix is to get to the width of the label to be equal to the width of the entire column being merged. So say you find column D and E merged. Extend the report header label to have a width wide e...

Copy filename from Excel 2010 Recent Workbooks to Clipboard
I often reuse recently opened workbooks in SQL Server Management Studio/SSIS. Please add the ability to copy a workbook name to the clipboard in the "Recent Workbooks" right click. Can this be included in a Windows Update? PS Love Excel 2010: great improvement and work! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web...

How do I convert 999999 to 999-999 in an excel document?
I have copyied a large number of parcel numbers into excel (maybe 3,000) and I need to change the format in order to use them in another application. For instance: 999999 needs to become 999-999 OR 99999 needs to become 099999. How can this be done without changing each entry manually. Thank you. Hi Chris if the numbers could be either 6 characters long or something less than 6 at one time (ie you don't do a batch of 6 digit numbers and then a batch of 5 and then a batch of 4) then one way is to use a helper column (ie another column adjacent to your numbers) with the following ...

drop down list in excel #2
is it possible to make a drop down list box bigger? Is it possible to make the drop down list box always start at the first entry in the lst rather then the last one selected? All help appreciated Andy Andy, if you select ONLY the populated cells in your list behind your dropdown, it will start at the top of the list. If you also select a bunch of empty cells, it won't start at the top. Period. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Andy B" <Andy B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01B3F9D8-7EBD-4623-90FA-599975BFBE6D@microsoft.com... ...

using money's budget
i have sat here for two hour trying to create a budget for a small home owners assoc. i know all my catagories and how much i'll be paying them in the next year. i don't need my check register to do it. but i can't find where to change the date to tell money what account to look in and for how far back. the catagories i use in my check book don't seem to be the same as while doing my budget. its very frustrating and am tempted tp just use word! I am having similar problem. I set up credit card accounts with scheduled monthley payments in the manage bills and deposits...

problem using templates for email
Hi, I want to use a custom set of heading 1-9 fonts/bullets as a template for new emails. I've used these fonts/bullets as a template in Word for some time by modifying normal.dotm. New Word docs open just fine with fonts and bullets as expected. I've tried a couple methods to have new emails open with those same fonts/bullets but no luck. Plan A) I modified normalemail.dotm just as I did normal.dotm to add bullets and custom fonts to Heading1 - 9. (While Outlook was closed of course.) When I open a new email, however, only the _fonts_ for Heading 1 - 9 are correct from the mo...

How to import MS Excel Spreadsheets into MS Money 2004 Deluxe
Is there a mechanism to import a MS Excel Spreadsheet into MS Money 2004? A bank will only provide the transactions in Excel spreadsheets. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Varun See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8. "Varun Gupta" <varunsgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:17d0a01c449b6$376fdd10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a mechanism to import a MS Excel Spreadsheet into > MS Money 2004? > A bank will only provide the transactions in Excel > spreadsheets. > Any help will be appreciated. ...

Access DB running slow in small server environment
We have a simple warehouse tracking database which is split into front and back ends. It does not do many transactions, except calculate daily inventory, etc. We have a daily inventory report that calculates by going through all the transactions since day one for the customer selected and gives a report with results from a query written to do the calculations. Naturally, as the number of transactions in the file gets larger, the report takes longer to run. But it is taking inordinately long, and on some of the slower office computers now can take 8 minutes. On my duo-core 6 month o...

como relaciono campo de nombre excel con contactos outlook

GP 9.0 SP3
Hi, I'm a user running GP 9.0 SP 1. If I upgrade to SP 3, does that service pack include the hotfix for the recent changes to the W-2 form, or is that separate? Thanks for your time! ...

Using IDHELP
I was thinking that putting a button on a dialog box with an ID of IDHELP would automatically cause clicking that button to behave as if the user pressed F1. But I have such a button that does nothing. Did I miss an important step? Thanks. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com ...