Size of Excel file keeps getting bigger

I have a fairly small Excel file (~300K), that I update
frequently. Mostly I am just replacing some text data, on
which a lot of calculations are done. The text is being
copied from a web page, so there is some HTML formatting
and graphics data associated that make it about 30K in size

The text being replaced is the same size as the new text,
but when I close the file the size of the file goes up 30K
or so. I can't figure out why it keeps increasing. The
data is actually replaced, in that the cells have been
overwritten.

Any ideas? Is it keeping the old data around somehow, even
though it doesn't show it? Are the old graphics being
stored somewhere and not being overwritten?

Thanks for any ideas.
0
anonymous (74722)

Sometimes you can extend the used range by accident.

If you hit ctrl-End, do you go where you would think the bottom right cell
should be--or is it further to the right and down more?

If yes, then Debra Dalgleish has some techniques for resetting this lastusedcell
at:

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Your assistance much appreciated, didn't know the "ctrl-
end" trick.

- Pete

0
anonymous (74722)

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Maximum file sizes

Excel 97 #9

File size #11

POST or GET?

find action on log file

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

get a result of an sql into a field

learning Excel #3

how do i increase font size beyond 72
highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks High-light the number, type your number, hit return. It that doesn't work for you, on the toolbar, format, font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Polly Vincent" <Polly Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BDAEB5E-C30C-4721-BB51-F89C1B4332E2@microsoft.com... > highlighting figure in font ...

How to get to email from Word