Size of drop down boxes

I have a number of drop down select boxes, through the dta/validatio
method, i want all the options to be displayed instead of having t
scroll up and down, is this possible
Thanks
Rober

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible with data validation listboxes

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I have a number of drop down select boxes, through the dta/validation
> method, i want all the options to be displayed instead of having to
> scroll up and down, is this possible
> Thanks
> Robert
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Drop down box with country list #2
Thanks Bob, however what I want is a dropdown which we can find in the web site applications (e.g. airways ticketing) where we can use choose a country using the drop down with a complete list of world's countries. In Data Validation method, I have to re-type all the possible country's names. John. Bob Phillips Wrote: > Enter the countries in a range (say column M) and then add a Data > Validation > (DataValidation) and select the List option with a formula of say > =M1:M100 > or however many countries > > -- > HTH > > Bob Phillips > > "jo...

Removing Exch 5.5 box
I have just created my new smtp connector on my FE E2k3 server to have mail leave the organization. when i changed the mx records to point to my ip address of my new FE mail server no mail comes in. Also when i try to send mail, mail is still being routed to the 5.5 server. So I have no email leaving or coming in. For mail leaving, Is there a way to disable the IMS so that I can make sure that mail leaving uses the new SMTP connector? And for mail coming in what am I doing wrong? Thanks BS Try this article 883407 How to switch outgoing Internet e-mail connectors when you migrat...

Font size in reading messages
I am using Windows 7 Home Edition and Windows Live Mail 2009. I have two problems. 1. In the View menu the text size and encoding are greyed out. How can I enable them? 2. Some (not all) of the messages I read have got a very tiny font Times New Roman which I am unable to read. I went into Tools>Options>Read>Fonts> Font setting is Western European Size is Larger What settings should I do that all messages I read have the same large font, preferably a round font like Tahoma. Thank you -- MS 1) View, Text Size will be grayed out when you've set T...

No graphics. Wrong paper size.
I have Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and have been using Publisher in all it's different versions for quite a long time. Perhaps I've got a bit rusty but a couple of problems are driving me nuts at the moment. If I open an existing publication adapt one of the quick publications there are no problems. But if I create a new blank print publication and try to insert graphics, nothing shows apart from the "selection dots". But when I print it out the graphic is there. I have been to the View_Picture_Picture display dialogue box and tried various settings but it doesn't h...

Font changing
Hello Outlook 2007 I have an offsite user that is experiencing font size changes in the header and signature. The body of the email is OK. She sent me a five emails and only 1 had this problem in part of the signature. She says that this behavior is experienced in the header some times. This is sporadic and not the entire message. We have checked the zoom. She is using Franklin Gothic Book font. When the font size changed, the font was Franklin Gothic Medium. Something changed the font and the size. I can forward copies of the emails if someone would like to look. Than...

FRx enchace page set up tab to include paper size
The page option tab in FRx should include an option to choose the paper size, letter or legal, which would make FRx similiar to excel or word where you can choose the paper size. The problem is that when I chain both letter and legal size formatted reports, all the reports will be printed in either letter or legal depending on the paper size that was chosen in the printer setup window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

recurring Windows Configuration box appears since installing Publisher 2007
I am very frustrated with this problem and hope someone can help. Ever since I installed Publisher 2007, I have been having trouble with my Outlook 2003. I was not happy with the entire suite of programs on Office 2007 Enterprise but since I had already designed my business cards with Publisher 2007, I needed to load it on my desktop. (My Office 2003 version didn't include Publisher). Ever since installing the Publisher, from time to time when Outlook (2003) downloads email, a windows installer box appears saying it needs to configure Office Enterprise 2007; the dialogue box says "...

Debugging brings up empty Macro Dialog box
Hi I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play button and it brings up an empty macro dialog box - with one option - cancel. Access never used to do this? How can I get it to work like Access 2003? Cheers, GLT. Be sure to place your cursor somewhere in the procedure you are attempting to run. Is it a Sub procedure or Function that you are trying to run? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "GLT" wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play > button and it brings up...

Can't Change Paper Size in Printer Properties
I'm getting an error message when trying to create a custom paper size in Publisher 2002. Error is "This feature is unavailable because you do not have permission to save settings on this computer." But, I am a domain and local machine admin. Any ideas? Thanks! Eric In the printers folder, right-click the printer, click printing preference, be certain letter paper is selected. Go to the manufacturer's web site and read their support documents and check to see if they have an updated driver. How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to prin...

Where to find Excel sheet with Pipe & Forging charts and sizes.
I would like to find an excel sheet that has pipe sizes in a chart, and possibly weights. Also a chart for forgings like flanges, weld necks etc... in excel spread sheet. Thanks in advance. I suspect you'll have to create your own. "auto" wrote: > I would like to find an excel sheet that has pipe sizes in a chart, and > possibly weights. Also a chart for forgings like flanges, weld necks > etc... in excel spread sheet. Thanks in advance. > > > auto, You can probably find this information on a web page somewhere. Google it. You can then co...

Excel message box
I am looking for help with a macro because the macro I have so far is not close to accomplishing my desired procedure. Can you help me? Sub MsgBoxmacro() MsgBox "Question #1 here" MsgBox "Question #2 here" MsgBox "Question #3 here" MsgBox "Question #4 here" MsgBox "Question #5 here" MsgBox "Question #6 here" MsgBox "Question #7 here" End Sub I have seven questions in range A1:A7. I would like to create a macro that when activated will perform the following functions. Display 1st question (cell A1) in a...

Exchange Mail Box Size & CRM Outlook Performance
Has anyone noticed any performance issues with users that have a large exchange mail box and the performance of Outlook with the CRM add-in is installed? I have a few users that have noticed a dramatic performance loss with Outlook, Outlook crashes, hangs/locks-up, if they type a message their typing is delayed in the message window. All this is happening after the CRM Desktop plugin was installed. These users have anywhere from 900meg to 4gig mailbox sizes. Using v3.0 and Outlook 2003 and users have their domain profiles converted from roaming to local profiles. Thanks James Hi Jam...

Zoom box command
I am using the following code: Private Sub cbutAddNote_Click() Me!BU_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdZoomBox End Sub Seems pretty basic but I keep getting the error: A problem occurred while Daily Field Report was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control. Any ideas? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201002/1 In fact any command button I add to this form doesn't work - same messgae I stated above. However the buttons work in all the other forms I have.... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com...

Memo size paper for Outlook print outs?
Dumb question.... But does anyone who still uses a paper based daytimer print out calendars and contact lists in Outlook for insertion into a memo sized binder? I think memo size is 5x3 right? If yes.... can you buy pre-puched 5x3 sheets for insertion into a printer so it will print out these Outlook calendars and contact lists? John ...

Finding the largest size in a group
I have a query that I am trying to find the largest number in a grouping within a list . My data is as follows 857A046613 857A086613 857A166613 What I need is to be able to find the largest of the threein this group and then move on to the next group and do the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Consider having one information per field, rather than 'encoding' the information. Sure, sure, sure, the management probably like 'encoding' their 'product number' and so on, but that does not mean your database SHOULD do the same. As exam...

Rich text boxes showing html over remote sessions
Hi all, I'm not sure whether I'm posting to the correct forum yet for this problem but I will try here first. The problem that I'm having (recently) is that, whenever I try view our sharepoint site remotely (via RDP or Citrix) and load up a page with a rich text box, the box will display the html tags that are being used. It's as if the 'source editor' is being loaded and not the 'rich text editor'. However, if I try view the site normally on our LAN, it works as it should - no tags are shown at all. Has anyone had any experience with this sort ...

How to get the size of a view
Hi, does anybody know how to get the size of the MFC view,thanks a lot! -ja Hi, Actually, a view has no predefined size... Perheps you mean size of client area of a view which can be got inside a view's method like so; CRect rc; GetClientRect(rc); -- ====== Arman "ja" wrote: > Hi, does anybody know how to get the size of the MFC view,thanks a lot! > > -ja > > > "ja" <josndrsn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23RDh%23vE7GHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, does anybody know how to get the size of the MFC view,thanks a lot...

When I open a new page, I get background with small boxes?
Recently, when I started opening a new page, in Word, I am getting a bcakground on the page, like a table, with 52 columns across and more down. Very much like graph or grid paper. How can I get rid of this? Depends on the Word version - for Word up to 2003, turn off the grid from the Drawing toolbar > Draw > Grid For Word 2007 - insert or select a shape, then from the drawing tools > format > arrange > align > uncheck 'view gridlines'. In any version, the following macro will toggle the gridline display on/off Sub ToggleGridlines() Options.Display...

Combo Box Sort
I have a combo box whose source is a table. The list contains room numbers such as A-1, A-2, A-12. My sort is ascending, but, of course it lists them A-1,A-2, A-12. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:53:02 -0800, m stroup <mstroup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a combo box whose source is a table. The list contains room numbers >such as A-1, A-2, A-12. My sort is ascending, but, of course it lists them >A-1,A-2, A-12. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks If (and it's a big if!) ...

Print a Report based on a drop-down menu of choices.
I have a report that prints Project Info by Division. I want to create a macro that when the report is opened, the user can choose the Division they want to print info for from a drop-down menu. Essentially I want to imitate the "Like [Enter Division Name]" command you would enter in a query, except I want a list of choices. Thanks, Jodi On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:22:00 -0700, JR wrote: > I have a report that prints Project Info by Division. I want to create a > macro that when the report is opened, the user can choose the Division they > want to print info for from a...

Text box with set number of characters
I have a template form that I am working on. I need to enter a section for comments that limits the number of characters entered and does not move. In other words. My form is 3 pages and must stay 3 pages. I have tried text boxes, and tables. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. I can get one table entered and it works locking col. and row but then when I enter a table in the next section it doesn't work. It sounds like what you need is a text form field inside a one-celled table or a frame. Using a legacy (if Word 2007) text form field, you right-click it a...

combo box linked subform values
I have created a subform and a combo box. When the user selects a value in the combo box such as unit4, they should be able to see only unit4 details in the subform. This is my trouble. Does anybody know how to get a combo value to determine the subform data? I have created numerous queries and functions but can't get this to work. Please help. Thanks, Mitchell -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Without knowing all your specifics, the general solution is similar to the following: (the subform has a sql string to load records) Private Sub cboUnits_AfterUpdate() Dim st...

Can excel files be opened in fixed screen size preset by user?
Can excel files be opened in fixed screen size preset by user? Can the window size be set by the user. So that the next time excel opens it would open to the custom settings set by the user. The custom settings can be changed by the user? Excel remembers the last window size it used so if Excel is closed down with the window on screen being eg 5cm x 10cm, it will open the next time at the same size. -- Ian -- "vabraham" <vabraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F0ED136-FC3E-45C7-9966-D2304820FB09@microsoft.com... > Can excel files be opened in fixe...

CRgn and dialog boxes
Can I change the window region of a dialog box? usualy I can use SetWindowRgn for that, but on my MFC application, trying to do so on a dialog based application gives me only assert exception and the order never gets executed. is this can be done at all, or this is my bad? was my bad, I solved that. "Donald sorenson" <dony_s@excite.com> wrote in message news:Os8$2mSrDHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can I change the window region of a dialog box? > usualy I can use SetWindowRgn for that, but on my MFC application, trying to > do so on a dialog based application giv...

how can i search records with a text box?
Hello, what im looking to do is have a text box where the user can enter a number ( number is based off a spread sheet, which is already in a table ) then i want the user to click a "search" button and have the record brought up... any help would be great thank you! Justin Why a text box? Combo boxes are much better at this. The actual look up is the same code, but the combo gives you some advantages in handling a search and provides the user with "type ahead", so they can see the results as they type. In either case, you use the control's After Update eve...