Simple question about text within a cell

I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from
covering the adjacent cell.

For example if I type the folling in cell A1:

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there
is no data in B1).  I don't want to resize my column, I
only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible
without covering cell B1.

I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for
but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to
look it up in the HELP file.

Thanks in advance.
Rick

My simple solution has been t add a space to the adjacent cell.
Hope it helps.

Kieran,

Yes, I've thought of something similar to that but I
think there is an option in the software to prevent this.

Thanks though,
Rick

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

fasguy:

Or, if you want the cursor to move down when you press enter, rathe
than move right, try:

Tools|Options|Edit and you'll find a dropdown box .

Al

asap utilities question
I have Msft. Excel Vsn 2002 and latest vsn. of ASAP Utilities. I used ASAP Utilities to merge single rows of data together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text. My question now, is, is it possible using ASAP Utilities to separate the data that has been merged back into single rows of data? All information welcomed! Aaron ...

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Dotfuscator question
Hello Everybody !!! When i create programm using C# i must understand that my programm from exe - module can be converted to the source file by Reflector. In Order do not allow do this i must use dotfuscator, but i did not find any free normal dotfuscator. May be someone tell me what can i do cause now as think we have interesting paradox. We 've got free technology but if we want to protect our products we must buy expensive commercial dotfuscators. Alex Dmitriev You should post this message in a newsgroup which discusses managed code. This newsgroup does not have much managed traff...

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

OE questions
Ok, I have two questions: 1. With Thunderbird I can use this with a hotkey manager to compose a new message with Tbird "D:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe -compose" -- how can I do the same for Outlook Express and Outlook 2003? 2. When I go to load Outlook Express I get this error message, followed by the error message below it: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x296/gwar_1/Untitled-3.png how can I fix this and use Outlook Express? Thanks! posted to the outlookexpress newsgroup via crosspost --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Re...

question about Time

question on the rules wizard
When clikcing on the Rules Wizard, Outlook locks up - consistently. Has anyone got a remedy for this? Thank you, rich rpage@concerto.com ...

parameter for text

Using INDIRECT within functions

HQ Licensing question V.2
I have a client running HQ client at 8 stores + HQ server at the warehouse. They would like to be able to use transfers from the warehouse to the stores, so I would have to setup a new PC running Store Ops and a new database, however, in order for the transfers to take place, I need a HQ Client License correct? Do I also need a POS key? I appreciate any insights you may have. Thanks in advance Hi Phil yes - you'll need an HQ Client license so it can exchange with your headquarters - "export" the wh database as you would any store from HQ no - you won't need a PO...

Help with simple(?) VBA function

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...