simple guide to merging 2 worksheets into one request

Hi, 
I am a basic excel user with little knowledge!  I have been asked to merge 2 
worksheets together using a unique ID as the method to combine data, for 
example,

WS 1 - membership no - address - phone no
WS 2 - membership no - name - date of birth

Required WS3 - membership no - name -address -phone no - date of birth

I have found lots of VB code but to be honest I have no idea what it is, 
where it needs to go on the workbook or how to even start to use it.  Is 
there a very simple way to achieve this other than cut and paste (I have over 
10k records)?  If someone code provide an idiots guide to the solution I 
would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance

Reg
0
REG (8)
11/7/2004 8:10:02 AM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

4 Replies
687 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

Hi Reg

one method is to use VLOOKUP to do this
copy the membership number column from worksheet1 to column A of worksheet 3
then column B of worksheet 3 gets the following formula
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0)
this says, lookup the value in A2 in the range A1:B10000 on sheet2 and 
return the related information from column B where there is an exact match
column C of worksheet 3 gets the following formula
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0)
column D of worksheet 3 gets
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10000,3,0)
column E gets
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,3,0)

then fill down (easiest way, is to click on cell B2 of sheet3, move mouse 
over bottom right hand of cell until you see a + then double click - repeat 
for C2, D2 & E2)

now select all of sheet3 and copy then edit / paste special - values
(if your system is struggling with so many formulas and so many rows of 
data - do each column separately, -ie do the VLOOKUP for the column, fill 
down, do the copy, paste special values .. move to next column)

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Reg" <Reg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:FF43DAAB-A2C0-4915-9F72-C3177EB195BA@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am a basic excel user with little knowledge!  I have been asked to merge 
> 2
> worksheets together using a unique ID as the method to combine data, for
> example,
>
> WS 1 - membership no - address - phone no
> WS 2 - membership no - name - date of birth
>
> Required WS3 - membership no - name -address -phone no - date of birth
>
> I have found lots of VB code but to be honest I have no idea what it is,
> where it needs to go on the workbook or how to even start to use it.  Is
> there a very simple way to achieve this other than cut and paste (I have 
> over
> 10k records)?  If someone code provide an idiots guide to the solution I
> would be very grateful.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Reg 


0
JulieD1 (2295)
11/7/2004 8:20:08 AM
Hi Julie, Many thanks for your response, I managed to get the example working 
easily!  I am now trying to apply the theory to the real spreadsheet and was 
wondering if you (or someone) could confirm that I have a correct 
understanding of all the component parts of the formula please

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0) this says, lookup the value in A2 in 
the range A1:B10000 on sheet2 and return the related information from column 
B where there is an exact match.

I understand this bit, the above explanation is for the following sections 
of the formula (?) =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000 

Can you please let me know what the remaining  ,2,0) values do?

Sorry if these are simple questions!

Many thanks

Reg




"JulieD" wrote:

> Hi Reg
> 
> one method is to use VLOOKUP to do this
> copy the membership number column from worksheet1 to column A of worksheet 3
> then column B of worksheet 3 gets the following formula
> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0)
> this says, lookup the value in A2 in the range A1:B10000 on sheet2 and 
> return the related information from column B where there is an exact match
> column C of worksheet 3 gets the following formula
> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0)
> column D of worksheet 3 gets
> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10000,3,0)
> column E gets
> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,3,0)
> 
> then fill down (easiest way, is to click on cell B2 of sheet3, move mouse 
> over bottom right hand of cell until you see a + then double click - repeat 
> for C2, D2 & E2)
> 
> now select all of sheet3 and copy then edit / paste special - values
> (if your system is struggling with so many formulas and so many rows of 
> data - do each column separately, -ie do the VLOOKUP for the column, fill 
> down, do the copy, paste special values .. move to next column)
> 
> Hope this helps
> Cheers
> JulieD
> 
> "Reg" <Reg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:FF43DAAB-A2C0-4915-9F72-C3177EB195BA@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I am a basic excel user with little knowledge!  I have been asked to merge 
> > 2
> > worksheets together using a unique ID as the method to combine data, for
> > example,
> >
> > WS 1 - membership no - address - phone no
> > WS 2 - membership no - name - date of birth
> >
> > Required WS3 - membership no - name -address -phone no - date of birth
> >
> > I have found lots of VB code but to be honest I have no idea what it is,
> > where it needs to go on the workbook or how to even start to use it.  Is
> > there a very simple way to achieve this other than cut and paste (I have 
> > over
> > 10k records)?  If someone code provide an idiots guide to the solution I
> > would be very grateful.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance
> >
> > Reg 
> 
> 
> 
0
REG (8)
11/9/2004 10:25:07 AM
Hi Reg

always feel free to ask questions... that's what these ngs are all about 
:) - the formula can be broken down as follows:

=VLOOKUP(A2, - lookup the value in A
Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000, - in the range A1:B10000 on sheet2
2, - return the related information from column B (ie the 2nd table of the 
column, this parameter is the column index number of the column with the 
information that you actually want)
0) - where there is an exact match (the default is TRUE .. meaning an 
approximate match .. if you want an exact match you can use either FALSE or 
0 as the fourth parameter).

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Reg" <Reg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B2BE8CFF-E77B-44DB-A82B-5080932226C3@microsoft.com...
> Hi Julie, Many thanks for your response, I managed to get the example 
> working
> easily!  I am now trying to apply the theory to the real spreadsheet and 
> was
> wondering if you (or someone) could confirm that I have a correct
> understanding of all the component parts of the formula please
>
> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0) this says, lookup the value in A2 in
> the range A1:B10000 on sheet2 and return the related information from 
> column
> B where there is an exact match.
>
> I understand this bit, the above explanation is for the following sections
> of the formula (?) =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000
>
> Can you please let me know what the remaining  ,2,0) values do?
>
> Sorry if these are simple questions!
>
> Many thanks
>
> Reg
>
>
>
>
> "JulieD" wrote:
>
>> Hi Reg
>>
>> one method is to use VLOOKUP to do this
>> copy the membership number column from worksheet1 to column A of 
>> worksheet 3
>> then column B of worksheet 3 gets the following formula
>> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0)
>> this says, lookup the value in A2 in the range A1:B10000 on sheet2 and
>> return the related information from column B where there is an exact 
>> match
>> column C of worksheet 3 gets the following formula
>> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0)
>> column D of worksheet 3 gets
>> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10000,3,0)
>> column E gets
>> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,3,0)
>>
>> then fill down (easiest way, is to click on cell B2 of sheet3, move mouse
>> over bottom right hand of cell until you see a + then double click - 
>> repeat
>> for C2, D2 & E2)
>>
>> now select all of sheet3 and copy then edit / paste special - values
>> (if your system is struggling with so many formulas and so many rows of
>> data - do each column separately, -ie do the VLOOKUP for the column, fill
>> down, do the copy, paste special values .. move to next column)
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> Cheers
>> JulieD
>>
>> "Reg" <Reg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:FF43DAAB-A2C0-4915-9F72-C3177EB195BA@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> > I am a basic excel user with little knowledge!  I have been asked to 
>> > merge
>> > 2
>> > worksheets together using a unique ID as the method to combine data, 
>> > for
>> > example,
>> >
>> > WS 1 - membership no - address - phone no
>> > WS 2 - membership no - name - date of birth
>> >
>> > Required WS3 - membership no - name -address -phone no - date of birth
>> >
>> > I have found lots of VB code but to be honest I have no idea what it 
>> > is,
>> > where it needs to go on the workbook or how to even start to use it. 
>> > Is
>> > there a very simple way to achieve this other than cut and paste (I 
>> > have
>> > over
>> > 10k records)?  If someone code provide an idiots guide to the solution 
>> > I
>> > would be very grateful.
>> >
>> > Many thanks in advance
>> >
>> > Reg
>>
>>
>> 


0
JulieD1 (2295)
11/9/2004 11:26:22 AM
Thanks Julie,

You have been most helpfull

Regards

Reg

"JulieD" wrote:

> Hi Reg
> 
> always feel free to ask questions... that's what these ngs are all about 
> :) - the formula can be broken down as follows:
> 
> =VLOOKUP(A2, - lookup the value in A
> Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000, - in the range A1:B10000 on sheet2
> 2, - return the related information from column B (ie the 2nd table of the 
> column, this parameter is the column index number of the column with the 
> information that you actually want)
> 0) - where there is an exact match (the default is TRUE .. meaning an 
> approximate match .. if you want an exact match you can use either FALSE or 
> 0 as the fourth parameter).
> 
> Hope this helps
> Cheers
> JulieD
> 
> "Reg" <Reg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B2BE8CFF-E77B-44DB-A82B-5080932226C3@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Julie, Many thanks for your response, I managed to get the example 
> > working
> > easily!  I am now trying to apply the theory to the real spreadsheet and 
> > was
> > wondering if you (or someone) could confirm that I have a correct
> > understanding of all the component parts of the formula please
> >
> > =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0) this says, lookup the value in A2 in
> > the range A1:B10000 on sheet2 and return the related information from 
> > column
> > B where there is an exact match.
> >
> > I understand this bit, the above explanation is for the following sections
> > of the formula (?) =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000
> >
> > Can you please let me know what the remaining  ,2,0) values do?
> >
> > Sorry if these are simple questions!
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Reg
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "JulieD" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Reg
> >>
> >> one method is to use VLOOKUP to do this
> >> copy the membership number column from worksheet1 to column A of 
> >> worksheet 3
> >> then column B of worksheet 3 gets the following formula
> >> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0)
> >> this says, lookup the value in A2 in the range A1:B10000 on sheet2 and
> >> return the related information from column B where there is an exact 
> >> match
> >> column C of worksheet 3 gets the following formula
> >> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10000,2,0)
> >> column D of worksheet 3 gets
> >> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10000,3,0)
> >> column E gets
> >> =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$10000,3,0)
> >>
> >> then fill down (easiest way, is to click on cell B2 of sheet3, move mouse
> >> over bottom right hand of cell until you see a + then double click - 
> >> repeat
> >> for C2, D2 & E2)
> >>
> >> now select all of sheet3 and copy then edit / paste special - values
> >> (if your system is struggling with so many formulas and so many rows of
> >> data - do each column separately, -ie do the VLOOKUP for the column, fill
> >> down, do the copy, paste special values .. move to next column)
> >>
> >> Hope this helps
> >> Cheers
> >> JulieD
> >>
> >> "Reg" <Reg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:FF43DAAB-A2C0-4915-9F72-C3177EB195BA@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi,
> >> > I am a basic excel user with little knowledge!  I have been asked to 
> >> > merge
> >> > 2
> >> > worksheets together using a unique ID as the method to combine data, 
> >> > for
> >> > example,
> >> >
> >> > WS 1 - membership no - address - phone no
> >> > WS 2 - membership no - name - date of birth
> >> >
> >> > Required WS3 - membership no - name -address -phone no - date of birth
> >> >
> >> > I have found lots of VB code but to be honest I have no idea what it 
> >> > is,
> >> > where it needs to go on the workbook or how to even start to use it. 
> >> > Is
> >> > there a very simple way to achieve this other than cut and paste (I 
> >> > have
> >> > over
> >> > 10k records)?  If someone code provide an idiots guide to the solution 
> >> > I
> >> > would be very grateful.
> >> >
> >> > Many thanks in advance
> >> >
> >> > Reg
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
REG (8)
11/9/2004 12:09:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Help with a simple formula #2
I'm new and trying to learn Excel so please excuse the simple questions. I want to create a formula on a spread sheet that will subtract the number that I will put in a new cell every month from a cell that never changes. This cell - with the answer - sits below the spreadsheet. PghPatti If I understand you correctly, you will need 3 cells. One cell, say A1, is the cell that never changes. The second cell, say B1, is the cell into which you type a number. The third cell, say C1, is the cell that has the answer of the second cell subtracted from the first cell. In the third cel...

Tax report #2
Is there a report that i can run for all items in RMS that only charge 1 sales tax. Any help would be great. Thanks Hi Justin, I am not really sure what you are after in the report. But I just wrote one that might work provided you are not looking for a HQ rpt that will list items by item tax by store. However, if you do have your data centralized and would like the one for items by item tax for HQ or SO, then let me know your email and I will shoot your way. -- Jocelyn "Justin" wrote: > Is there a report that i can run for all items in RMS that only charge 1 > s...

Formatting negative numbers #2
I have a text file that gets imported into Excel on a regular basis. The negative numbers come into the spreadsheet in this format: 4000.00- and I want to know if I can write a macro to change all those instances to: -4000.00, moving the negative sign to the proper place. Anyone know if that can be done. In the past we used an old dos application to do that prior to importing it into Excel, but I want to get away from that if we could and just let Excel do it. There are other places in the file that contain text with dashes in it, so I want it only to find the numbers with neg...

Report #2
Hi How do create a report for my Chq Account where I can see the following information. Here is an example: Balance at the 30th Oct 2006 Total Paid In Total Paid Out Balance on 28th Nov 2006 Thank you in advance. Kind regards Apr, I'm assuming that you are using Money 2007. This should be similar in other versions though. Go to Reports Home, under Income and expenses, choose Account transactions. When the report opens, from the left panel choose Customize... On the Rows & Columns tab select "Months" from the Subtotal by: list and "Use total of prior transacti...

Address #2
Hello Is there a way to make outlook show the complete address that the mail was sent to instead of showing just the name of the receiver? If I have a contact with 2 emails (email address), and I click on his name in the email (that was sent by someone else), outlook opens the contact's details, but I don't know to which address the mail was sent to. Thanks! ...

Font Size Problem #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have scanned some text into Word and then converted it all to Times New Roman, font size 12. However some of it is a different size although the program says its not. Even if I change fonts or sizes, that discrepancy exists. How can I get everything the same without having to retype? Hi Dugal; I'm afraid you've left out some significant pieces of information which makes it hard to guess what might actually be going on ;-) First, always indicate your exact version update levels for both Office & OS X...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Fixed Column Width #2
Hi I have an Excel spreadsheet that ultimately I need to save as a plain text file but with specific column widths in the text file. (I have tried changing the width in Excel and then saving it as Text (DOS format) but it does not seem to be correct. Unless the width in Excel is in a format other that characters ie. if the excel width is set to 15 does it mean it is 15 characters in length or something else) Thanks Carlob1 Column width in XL is in the number of numeric characters in your standard font, so a width of 15 will accommodate 15 zeros, but if your font is proportional, may allow ...

GUID Data type
What is the GUID data type in MS access 2003? I need it to create SQL statements to SQL db. Thanks. -- Tom Perkins I Like MS Access You can use: - GUID in a DDL query statement; - dbGUID in DAO code; - adGUID in ADOX code. For a reference on the various names for the standard JET field types, see: Field type names at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-49.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Tom Perkins Indy" <tperkins81@hotmail.co...

Tab key problems #2
I have a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. The arrow keys will move through the unlocked cells, but the Tab key will not. Is there some way to correct this problem? Marilyn Sounds like all cells are locked if the Tab key won't move. Did you select the cells to be unlocked and set them as such prior to protecting the worksheet? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:09:07 -0800, "Marilyn" <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. The arrow keys will move through >the unlocked cells, but the Tab key will not...

mail merge in outlook
Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in Outlook? Not natively. You'd need third party software: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp#massmail -- Russ Valentine "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C4BA38-F190-4D7D-93A6-2F3825523465@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in > Outlook? No, that's not possible without a 3rd party add-in or some VBA scripting. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/65 -- Robert Sparnaaij ...

Wording's Colour Change for Logic Function #2
Hi all, any1 know how to create "IF" function such that the Value it presents is of a certain colour for different condition? E.g.: "=IF(M10>0, "OK", "NOTOK")", "OK" will appear as Green colour wording, and "NOT OK" as Red colour wording. -- Air Lancer Hi Have a look at Format|Conditional Format. There is some info on it here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cformatting.htm -- Andy. "Air Lancer" <chesserhawk-email.yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:FAB66A2D-16A0-47D8-899D-EC3D1410D625@microsoft.com... &...

Outlook 2003 rules on more than one line
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use Outlook 2003 to make a rule in which all mails with the following string of text in the body; "something <empty line> <empty line> something else" is handled and mail with the following string isn't handled; "something <empty line> <any string of text that can be 1 or more lines long> something else" If I where able to include a line break in the making of the rule I wouldn't have a problem. A rule on size wouldn't work since the length of the mail varies and the above is just a portion o...

Date Format Problem #2
Yesterday I wrote....... -------------------------------------------- I use money to manage all my UK accounts. I now have a US account. I have just downloaded the latest transactions from that US account and Money tell me it can't import them because the date format is wrong. Money helpfully tells me how to change the date format for my PC and then says i have to restart it for them to take effect but this is a global system change and not that helpfull when everything else is in UK format. Is there away I can get this account data into Money. Is there a translater for the QIF file ...

Pass infor from one form to another
Hi all Here is my dilemma I am trying to create a form that the user can select a category and either type in a free text description in the next cell of a continuous form or on selecting certain categories they will have a pre defined pick list that the user must select a single item from a list presented to populate the next cell. I have got to this so far:- I have a Continuous form with a drop down box to allow the user to select the required category. What I am looking at doing is depending on the category selected there are two outcomes either the category is selected and the us...

20+ different Excel documents open at one time
We have a user when he open Excel for the first time, 20+ different Excel documents opens up. User must close all unwanted documents, leaving excel open before he can then continue to work. User is on W2K using Office 2000 Pro. Prior to that, we had installed Office 2000 Prem. We did a completed uninstall of the Prem addition and then a fresh load of Pro, but the problem is still there. Hi Check out Tools>Options..General first And see if the "At startup: open all files in" is empty -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "tb...

Availables : More that 3500 Solutions manuals and Test Banks (Part 2)
List of Solutions Manuals _________________________ contact me to : mattosbw1@gmail.com mattosbw1(at)gmail.com NOTE : "THIS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR : CHINA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, IRAQ, IRAN, PHILIPPINES, NORTH KOREA, NEPAL, BANGLADESH, SRI LANKA, MALDIVES & BHUTAN". If your wanted solutions manual is not in this list, also can ask me if is available (They are some only). Then if you need solutions manual only contact me by email. This same "list of titles" of texts with availables solutions manual is for download from...

Border #2
I cannot figure out how to add a border to a banner in Pub. 2003. Can anyone help? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Kyle <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I cannot figure out how to add a border to a banner in Pub. 2003. If you just want a border around the banner, you can create a big rectangle and set BorderArt onto that. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

How does one copy subtotal rows?
How does one copy subtotal rows? -- Since my access to NNTP is limited, a copy of your reply to ALEXANDEReBARNEs@Yahoo.Com is especially appreciated. Alexander One usually selects the rows he wishes to copy, Then hits <F5>, Then, in the "GoTo" window clicks on "Special", Then, in the "GoToSpecial" window clicks on "VisibleCellsOnly", then <OK>. Now, right click in that selection and choose "Copy", Then navigate and paste to "wherever". -- HTH, RD ------------------------------------------------------------------...

Question? #2
In Outlook 2003 There are options for Homepage in folders... Can someone point me in the direction to make use of this feature, or some ideas what others have used this feature for? Thanks! Peter Ferris >In Outlook 2003 There are options for Homepage in folders... Can >someone point me in the direction to make use of this feature, or some >ideas what others have used this feature for? I don't know many people that use it at all. I use it just a little bit here's how: I have subfolders of my Inbox for each of my clients. I set the folder homepage for each to be the ...

Outlook 2000 requesting confirmation
Hello .. thanks to a lot of help here I am doing a mass mailing from Excel to Outlook, sending different files to around 200 recipients. The only problem I have is that Outlook requests a confirmation for each file and each confirmation takes 20 secs or so. I tried changing the security to low, but that didn't work. Is there any way to bypass this request from Outlook .. basically it states that another process is sending mail through Outlook and requests a confirmation yes or no. Any help would be much appreciated. Abay ...

code seems not executing: giving request failed
Hi all, I have an event method which runs perfect on local system. but on server. it gives security exception "System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed." any configuration is required in web.config? Regards, On Apr 27, 10:25=A0am, CreativeMind <aftab.pu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have an event method which runs perfect on local system. > but on server. it gives security exception > "System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed." > any configuration is =A0required in web.config? > > Regards, It woul...

Simple Inventory
Okay, I have looked at the Inventory Templates for Access and also for Excel and haven't found anything that quite meets my needs -- and not smart enough to mess with what templates are there to make them work the way I want. So this is what I am looking to do and maybe someone can point me towards a template or tell me how I might edit an existing Microsoft template. 1. Dealing with apparel inventory 2. Want to be able to pick an item from a list (e.g. T-shirt, Fleece) 3. Based upon what is selected in #2 the next column would be Brand (Hanes, Gildan, etc.) 4. Based upon what is selecte...

worksheet events and a little more help
Hello, I'll start with the code i am using already: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column = 6 And Target.Row > 3 And Target.Row < 256 And Target.Value = "F" Then Worksheets("Test Results").Select Worksheets("Test Results").Cells(2, Target.Row + 1).Select End If If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column = 7 And Target.Row > 3 And Target.Row < 256 And Target.Value = "F" Then Worksheets("Test Results").Select Worksheets(&q...

How do I merge two lots of Outlook 2007 messages?
I'm using Outlook 2007 at home and at work. I've taken a copy of my work Outlook Directory and it's on an external harddrive I want to merge my work stuff onto my home pc so that I have all emails, contacts, addresses etc on the one computer. Can anyone help? "Gavin" <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9FC34E1-050A-443D-B25E-37B756B060A9@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2007 at home and at work. > > I've taken a copy of my work Outlook Directory and it's on an external > harddrive What does this mean? Wha...