simple diplay

Hi All

I need a formula for if A1 is greater than B1 or if A1 is equal to 0,
then �OK�, otherwise display �Not OK�

Simple but I cant work it out

please help

Andrew

--
koba
koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639

Hi,

=IF(OR(A1>B1,A1=0),"OK","NOT OK")

Regards

Govind.

koba wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I need a formula for if A1 is greater than B1 or if A1 is equal to 0,
> then �OK�, otherwise display �Not OK�
>
> Simple but I cant work it out
>

> please help
>
> Andrew

0
adgraj1 (46)
1/18/2006 5:16:30 AM
thanks,,,,,

--
koba
koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502348

SilverLight 2 RIA method to return a simple type
In my DomainService module I have the following; i'd like to simply return a string back public string x() { return "X"; } My Call in another module DomainServiceA a = new DomainServiceA() string s = a.x(); Problem: s is always Null I've seen that you need to put [ServiceOperation] before the method, can't find it. Then i've seen it's [Invoke], doesn't do it. Is it not possible to have stuff that doesn't return a 'IQueryable' or 'IEnumerable' back? -- Joe Reiss Jackson Creek Software, Inc. www.emc...

Inserted (new) sheet names to be simple sequential numerics 2, 3, 4
Hi guys, I tried to customise the default book opened to be one with a single sheet, named "1" (without the quotes), and I wanted inserted (new) sheet names hence to be simple sequential numerics 2, 3, 4 etc. I saved as Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt in xlstart folder. Testing revealed that the default book opened is ok, with a single sheet named "1", but repeated clicking of Insert>Worksheet gave new sheets with names of "1 (2)", "1 (3)", etc instead of the desired "2", "3", etc. How could the desired new sheet naming viz. simple sequ...

simple question #3
how can i make that you should not be able to scroll down a sheet -- shlomo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shlomop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=973 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56253 You can make it so that users can't scroll off the area that you set. But it requires a small macro: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .ScrollArea = "a1:g55" End With End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uptadesonly.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side Above search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please don't tell to anyone. ...

A simple visual basic program
Dear sir, I am knowing nothing about Visual Basic Program. However, I need it for certain task which I feel it can help me a lot to manage my Excel spreadsheet. My question: I want to write a very simple visual basic program which allow me to reach a worksheet very quickly. My ideal situation is that press a button in worksheet A and will reach worksheet B or other very quickly. Is there any quick program regarding my request? Thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200810/1 Assign this simple macro to the button Publ...

Sure this is simple (date type prob)
Hi all, I have a cell with a date in it representing hours worked. eg 34:58 34 hours and 58 minutes. I need to multiply it by an hourly wage, e 4.52 and get the amount earned. Unfortuantely I do not know how to d this. Can anyone help? -- Cheers -- SO ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com where i5 is 34:58 and j4 is 4.50 = $157.35 =I5*24*$J$4 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "SOL-ion" <SOL-ion.x9rbb@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Simple IIS Manager question/Certificate
Hi all I am busy implementing RPC over HTTP and have discoverde that my certificate name and url name for logging onto OWA is different. that is the reason why i keep getting the warning when logging onto OWA. Mark and Oliver helped me to discover that the names MUST be the same before even considering RPC over HTTP. My yrl to log onto OWA is webmail.domain.co.za. My certificate name is servername.domain.co.za so i will be changing my OWA url to servername.domain.co.za and see that it resolves externally. My question: Is it the right place where i look to get the name of my certificat...

simple textbox data source syntax question
Would someone please take a look over my shoulder? I've got the following code entered as the data source for a text box on a report; but even in it's simplest state, returns #error# the intent of the code is to truncate the text at it's first hard return =mid([CatalogNoMod],1,nz(instr(1,[CatalogNoMod],chr(10)),len([CatalogNoMod]))) any thought would be greatly appreciated in advance thanks, mark Try the following =Mid([CatalogNoMod],1,Instr(1,[CatalogNoMod] & Chr(10),Chr(10))-1) I might be looking for Chr(13) instead of Chr(10) since Access us...

simple question?
How would I cause column 2 data to show me the data in column 1 multilpied by 3.4? David Put =A1*3.4 in cell B1 and drag down Regards Trevor "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E76F22CA-843E-4698-8239-1CB87CBF238E@microsoft.com... > How would I cause column 2 data to show me the data in column 1 multilpied > by > 3.4? ...

Simple Vlookup Looping
Hi Everyone, Cany anyone help me with writing a simple code to run every worksheet in my workbook and do a same vlookup? i.e. - I have 10 different worksheets in same format (same number of columns and rows as well) - Lookup value is always A5 in each sheet - Lookup range comes from different excel file called "finance.xls", "Summary" tab column A to B I am just trying to do 'Vlookup($A$5,'finance'A:B,2,false) in column B starting from row 1 to row 2200 for every worksheet. Please help Thank you for your help in advance. R...

Simple hack to get $1000 to your home.
Simple hack to get $1000 to your home at http://fullenjoy.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

I need help on explaining this excel formula in simple language?!!
IF(sVdate>G23,0,act365_fwd(sVdate,G23,Curve1_Dates,Curve1_Rates)) I'm looking for an explaination along the lines of: sVdate is less than G23, then, O is returned, and then ............ ? If sVdate is greater than G23, return zero, otherwise return "act365_fwd(sVdate,G23,Curve1_Dates,Curve1_Rates" -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26D7AF98-869B-498E-AA3A-AF1FF83BE6DA@microsoft.com... > IF(sVdate>G23,0,act365_fwd(sVdate,G23,Curve1_Dates,Curve1_Rates)) > > > I'...

Simple non-VBA way to delete table contents before append?
Greetings again! Is there a simple way using standard Access mechanisms to clear existing records out of a table before appending new ones to it with a one-step (to the user) operation? Am familiar with VBA but would prefer a non-programming solution if available. This would seem like a very normal sequence. Thanks! George Run a delete query. Personally I would do that in VBA, but if you want the user to select the right query in the querys tab and run it that would work too. In the Click event procedure of a button, it would be: dbEngine(0)(0).Execute "DELETE FROM [Table1]...

simple isapi extension : memory leak detected
I posted this in the isapi ng, and was redirected here. Any help would be much appreciated. I started by trying to figure out where a memory leak in my isapi extension was coming from, so I built a super simple MFC isapi with the wizard (using VS .net 2002). It only has 3 parse commands; default, emptyTest, and variableTest. Both default & emptyTest take no parameters, the latter takes one. Whenever I call the methods that do not take variables, I dont see a leak. When i call the variable test (/testIsapi.dll?variableTest&var=test), CRT detects leaks when the dll is unl...

This is probably simple to fix
I have a spreadsheet (Rather Large) that comes from a report I run eac month That I need to sort various ways. The problem is the repor layout. It is layed out like this: Name data1 data2 data3 data1 data2 data3 name2 data1 data2 data3 data1 data2 data3 data1 data2 data3 data1 data2 data3 name3 data1 data2 data3 dat...

exporting simple html
probably been asked a thousand times, but i'm wondering if there's a way to export, or filter after export, to get to the minimal essence of the table. suppose i could juryrig through csv, but somehow think i'd run into a different set of problems. even if you eliminate all formatting in excel, the exported html includes a los of 'extras': height, width, mso..., class tags everywhere. fairly fat html. any configuration of excel that will help? 3rd party programs/macros? any frontpage or other editor tips/tricks? Thanks in advance! ...

Simple but repetitive use of combobox
Hi, my environment is OS WinXP and MSoffice2003, I am fairly novice with VBA, but not completely. I am a secretary in a dental clinic where each patient receives a diagnostic code. I am creating an EXCEL workbook with 31 worksheets (one for each day of the month), and an end of month total (worksheet 32). Each of the blank daily worksheets will have activex comboboxes in some blank columns (10 patients or so). Each time a patient name is typed, a corresponding code will be selected from a drop down list on that row (blank rows should return a value of zero). At the end of t...

Simple VLOOKUP with NON ascending order
Morning folks: I am trying to do something very simple but I just can't seem to get it to work the way I want! I have been searching for an answer for 2 days now!!! On my STATS page I have a list of basketball players down a column (taken from TEAM LIST page) and the next columns have their POINTS, REBOUNDS, ASSISTS, etc. (taken from GAMES DATA page) At the bottom, I want to see who has the most points: '=MAX(B3:B30)' and I would like to show that players name next to the number returned from MAX. The same for '=MIN(B3:B30)' I think my problem is that play...

Simple question I hope....
I have a worksheet that has a column with the fields filled with 000009620300000058718030916 or very similar numbers....I would like to take 6 digits off the end of the number and ten off the front, so it would be 00000058718. I think this could be done easliy, but I'm not very good with Excel. Any help is appreciated. Thanks 3steps 3steps, If your numbers always have 27 digits it's =MID(C15,11,11) OR if the lengths can vary but you always want 10 removed from the front and 6 from the back =MID(C15,11,LEN(C15)-16) Dan E "3steps" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Very simple update query running super slow!
I have two tables: Rugman and PDrive The table look like this: Rugman -- ID (Auto/key) / Number (text!) / location (text) / test (text) PDrive -- ID (Auto/key) / Field1 (text!) The reason I had to use text for Number and Field1, is because there are a few lines what have a number like: 1234-2 I just want to check the Number in table Rugman and see if it does exist in the table PDrive... If it does: field test must be changed to "done" for that record where the numer exists in the other table... Don't get why it's running so slow. I have created also other update queries ...

I want to make a simple ledger showing expenses and income
I need a ledger to keep track of expenses and Income on some real estate I own. I have microsoft office ,student and teacher edition,which includes word, excel,outlook,and powerpoint 2003. Try here, Finance and Accounting section http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/default.aspx?DPC=%7B90110409%2D6000%2D11D3%2D8CFE%2D0050048383C9%7D&DCC=%7B5572D282%2DF5E5%2D11D3%2DA8E8%2D0060083FD8D3%7D&AppName=Microsoft%2520Excel&HelpLCID=1033&CLCID=1033 -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ...

Simple Deploy Question
I just had to amend a many year old program, including converting it to VB2005. It seems to be working and now I want to create a release package so the users can install it. VS2005 is way different. I tried looking through help but could never find out how to create something for installation. Where do I start? -- Bettie When I say simple, I mean that there are only about 3 users and I can physically walk to their PCs to install the application. They are all running XP SP3. -- Bettie "BGCSOCAL" wrote: > I just had to amend a many year old program, ...

Problem with Simple Create Script
Hi There, Hope I'm posting this to the right group. I'm trying to write a simple script to create a database in SQL Server 2005. I keep getting the error "Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'testdb'. No entry found with that name. Make sure that the name is entered correctly." Does anyone know why this is occurring? I'm running it in SQL Server Management Studio if that makes a difference. create database testdb; waitfor delay '00:00:05'; use testdb; create table dbo.testtable(x INT primary key); The problem is that SQ...

Simple XML & XSD Question
We have developed about 80 XML documents, each probably 150 lines long, that are all supposed to conform to a schema. My understanding is the way to show that an XML document conforms to a schema is to include a reference to the XSD in the XML document, and check that it is valid. Some other members of the project team don't want to include a reference to the XSD in the XML documents, citing possible differences in parsers. Is my understanding of XML / XSD correct? That is, the standard way to prove that a well formed XML document conforms to a schema is to include the reference to the...

Help constructing simple spreadsheet
Hi, I am a total Excel newbie and incompetent. I'd like to ask for some help constructing a spreadsheet which consists of a graph and a couple formulas to display some rough analysis of the data. I've already managed to construct this spreadsheet and it more or less works, but I'm sure there is a better way to do it, as the way I've done it takes manual effort to update some cell formulas every time I add new data to the spreadsheet. The data I'm attempting to analyze consists of a number whose value changes every few days. Thus, I have two columns: one contains the da...