showing total of 10 digits.

hi group,
I need to show 10 digits total of any number (with last 2
being the decimals).
So if the cell contains the number 6, I need it to show as
0000000600.

Or for example if the number in the cell is 103.89 it'll
show as: 0000010389

how do I make excel do that?
Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Thrava!

=A1*100
Format > Cells > Custom format 0000000000
OK
--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi group,
> I need to show 10 digits total of any number (with last 2
> being the decimals).
> So if the cell contains the number 6, I need it to show as
> 0000000600.
>
> Or for example if the number in the cell is 103.89 it'll
> show as: 0000010389
>
> how do I make excel do that?
> Thanks

0
njharker (1646)
1/23/2004 12:18:07 AM
Thrava

Don't know if you can get a custom format to do this.  Have not ssen it but
there are many things I have not seen<g>

A work-around if you want.......

Enter 100 in a cell.  Copy it and select your range then Paste
Special>Multiply>OK>Esc.

Now Format>Cells>Custom  0000000000

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:09:30 -0800, "Thrava"

>hi group,
>I need to show 10 digits total of any number (with last 2
>being the decimals).
>So if the cell contains the number 6, I need it to show as
>0000000600.
>
>Or for example if the number in the cell is 103.89 it'll
>show as: 0000010389
>
>how do I make excel do that?
>Thanks

0
Gord
1/23/2004 12:27:12 AM
Works,
Thanks very much

0
anonymous (74722)
1/23/2004 12:46:24 AM
Work,
Thanks very much

and Arguments)
>available free to good homes.
>"Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> hi group,
>> I need to show 10 digits total of any number (with last
2
>> being the decimals).
>> So if the cell contains the number 6, I need it to show
as
>> 0000000600.
>>
>> Or for example if the number in the cell is 103.89 it'll
>> show as: 0000010389
>>
>> how do I make excel do that?
>> Thanks
>>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Logo showing white background
I have created a logo but when I save it and paste it in a different publication, the white edges show up over the background of the new publication. How can I save the original logo so the white background does not appear over new/different publications? What format is the logo? If it is a vector, you can ungroup and delete the background. If it is a bitmap use the transparency tool on the drawing toolbar, click the white background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pappabake" <pappabake@discussions...

test 05-11-10
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii ...

disable reports daterange dialog to show up twice
Hi, I created a report with daterange parameters. Everythings works fine but when I want to print some report, the report asks the user again for the date parameters. Having installed the CRM update CRM1.2-KB834913-Server.exe which should repair this bug, I noticed no change. The reports always asks twice for the parameters. Is there any secret for this mystery... Greetings Thomas Ott are all these parameters in a single report or are you using sub reports as well? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Th...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

Calculating totals by month from whole date
I'm trying to figure out the proper calculation to pull totals by dat in Excel. Here's my problem: I have a workbook with 2 worksheets; one is the main data, the other i the statistics from the main data. Within the main data, there is column titled "date paid" and another column titled "total paid" (ther are a bunch more columns, but they don't matter for this problem). Th "date paid" column will contain dates such as 1/1/04, 5/15/04 etc. O the stats page, I have columns titled for each month of the year an would like each to include how much was pa...

Conver Numbers to Log 10
How do I convert column of numbers (n=3000) to log 10 column of numbers? Assuming that your column is column A, one way: In an unused column, enter =LOG(A1) and copy down 3000 cells. Copy the column, choose column A and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values radio button. In article <0CDE6301-FC9C-488C-9D9F-3AD26B46EFCE@microsoft.com>, "Fishfan" <Fishfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I convert column of numbers (n=3000) to log 10 column of numbers? ...

Full email address showing on sent emails?
Using Outlook 2000 for email (I checked this time, Brian!). In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? And how can I arrange that on all outgoing emails (as I compose them) and in the sent mailbox the full email address (including the @billyboggs.com part) is showing? TIA aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email > address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? What I suspect is that you have the Display Name define...

adobe active share phtot have gone smaller on slide show
I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photos from fine pix they are half the screen size to.Can you please help Are you seeing this 1/2 size issue in Windows Live Photo Gallery? What is "fine pix?" -steve gill <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photo...

why won't my automobile loan payments show as a transaction?
I have a automobile account and a wachovia bank account. My auto loan company automatically takes $245 from my bank account each month. i can see the $245 transaction in my bank account register in MS Money but it doesnt update in my auto loan register. How can I have it automatically update my auto loan register? Thanks, Brad Nelson Have you set up an automatic bill payment? -- Neil "Brad Nelson" <BradNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71678D94-6B93-4C41-84BB-F980827B51D8@microsoft.com... >I have a automobile account and a wachovia bank acco...

Custom Report 03-19-10
There is no way for me to run a report on Buydown Pricing, is there anyone who has a report for this option? If not, can someone write a custom report for it, and how much might something like this run me? I would like it to do something like buydown quantity greater/less/equal and same for buydown price... please contact me at nagarra @ yahoo . com or respond here with your contact info! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

WLM Stopped working 02-20-10
I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2, 2 GB of RAM, Firefox, WLM, all WU's current. I was in WLM mail newsgroups earlier today and things just stopped. WLM stopped responding. Now I cannot log into WLM. It used to log into window Live by itself (password and all) from my desktop icon, but now the only thing that happens when I try to open my WLM app window is I'm taken to IE (7). Then when when I try to sign in Windows live it won't do it. I've already ran SAS, MBAM, CCleaner and Avira in Safe mode but found nothing. Then I did a system restore back to a fe...

Email server 02-13-10
The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. Vista is not an e-mail client. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62A2017F-A531-4E34-89CC-7FE3BD9849F0@microsoft.com... > The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. ...

Identities 06-28-10
I had wanted to set up a separate identify to get my work e-mail as Windows Mail, rather than the webmail from my ISP; didn't know until after completing the process that Windows Mail combined both personal and work e-mail into one account. If I "undo" it, popup says I'll lose all of my work e-mail. How can I save it and undo the dual identities? -- mikezot Undo what? Windows Mail doesn't have identities. (boilerplate reply) You can add multiple accounts, via Tools - Accounts - Add, but Windows Mail doesn't have identities or a password option.......

how can I show repeating values in a chart?
I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how can I show that compared to the number 50 which come up 2 times in the sheet? Thanks for the help Hi, You will need to compute those values using formula or a pivot table and then chart the results. Cheers Andy Cindy wrote: > I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. > For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how > can I show that compared to the number 50 whi...

User login failed on the customized VBA project after GP 10 upgrad
After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who tried on working on my customized Dynamics VBA project. Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'. Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Thanks for help. Kevin Kevin, You might need to re look at your connection in VBA -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wrote: > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who > tried on working on my customized Dynamic...

Customization 10-13-04
I want to add a field "Company" to my contact information. I have entered a new field called "Company" in the attributes of the schema "Contacts" and it is listed there as "CFSCompany" as a string. I then went to customization in crm settings and edited the "Contact" fields by removing "Middle Name" and adding "Company". I then save this new layout. However when I go to "New Contact" the "Company" field is not there and "Middle Name" is still there. What step am I missing to publish this...

email form script to show email adresses of all recipients
I see there is a field in the attributes called torecipients but I cannot add it to the email form. Is there a way I can script this into the email form to show the email addresses of all of the recipients. My idea involved creting a new attribute called all_recipients and adding it to the form then doing a onchange for each of the to, cc, and bcc fields to update all_recipients. SO far it doesnt work. All the field returns is "undefined". Any help is greatly appreciated!!! ...

How to have margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%; only sometimes??
My website is created so that the width is not fixed. I adapt to the width of the browser. If I have a page of text I do something like: <div style=" margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%;"> so the text is set off by margins. That's nice on my monitor's 1600 pixel wide screen. But on a laptop (or as a user option) I'd like to change that to no margins. Can you suggest a way of doing that without having two .css files? Thanks On May 16, 10:25=A0pm, " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOS...@roadrunner.com> wrote: > My website is c...

Pivot table total decimal places rounding
The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is $1.43999999999994 in the total cell of the pivot table but I need just $1.44 I have formatted the table as currency and using 97. Pivot tables can lose their formatting if the data is refreshed. Reapply the formatting, and make sure that 'Preserve formatting' is checked (under PivotTable>Table Options). AM wrote: > The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. > I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is > $1.43999999999994 in the to...

OUTLOOK CONTACTS #10
hi everybody! my Outlook contact list isn't populated when i create a new message, address list is blank Bill, What version of Outlook are you working with ? Are you connecting to your ISP's mail server , an Exchange server , or some other type of transport ? Here is the support article for Outlook 2000 which deals with this issue: 197907 OL2000: (CW) Contact Information Does Not Appear in Address Book http://support.microsoft.com/?id=197907 -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email dire...

I need .5 instead of .3 on total time on time sheet
I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) not .3 (39.3 hours) What formula? What value of the source cells? What formatting? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B4BFDEF-6625-42E9-ACC3-143C5C8C8832@microsoft.com... >I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) > not .3 (39.3 hours) try =MROUND(F2,0.5) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.c...

Creating a Total from a Sub Report
I have a report for Orders, and a subreport for each Order for Invoices. The subreport shows the total amount for Invoices against each Order. The Orders are grouped by Area. On the Area header/footer I have an Order total. I now want to show the total of ALL Invoices by the Order total. Please can someone tell me as simply as possible how to do this? For ease I will call my main report ORDERS and my subreport INVOICES. Any help is greatly appreciated - I have searched through relevant questions but have not found an expression that works! Answered in another NG where ...

Inbox items disappearing, or showing new messages with none showing
I have a user whose Outlook is exhibiting the strangest behavior. Twice now every message in his inbox has just up and vanished, without being archived, or deleted by the user, or moved to a .pst, or anything I would expect to cause this behavior. Also, occasionally he will see a count of his new messages by his inbox folder, but will not see the messages themselves show up in his inbox until like an hour later. I can connect to his mailbox as the admin and see that the messages are there, but even doing a send/receive on his mailbox will not reveal the messages. The user is running Outloo...

Excel has stopped showing graphs on seperate chart tabs
All chart only worksheets appear as the vacant background (as if no file is open) yet the worksheet tabs are all visible. Charts embedded in a worksheet show OK. This applies to all files created or historic 97-2003 type files. What's causing it and what can I do? ...

How to mail merge multiple rows in one document 03-11-10
Hi, I have a worksheet that lists subscribers of a service. It looks something like this: Organization Name Title Email ACME CO. Smith, Sam CEO ssmith@acme.com ACME CO. Jones, Bill Staff bjones@acme.com Each organization has one president and multiple staff members listed (between 1 and 5 staff members). I want to email each president, through mail merge, and give them a list of all the current subscribers from their organization (data from other rows in the worksheet). Is this possible to do (using Office 2...