Show zero values

When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being
displayed.

I have reviewed the following:
- conditional formatting
- zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View)
- stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet
Change event)
- locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this
should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected)

Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being
displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence?

Cheers
John

Check also normal cell formatting! there are formats that hide either
positive or negative or zero or all numbers! E.g. custom format ;;; hides all
numbers!

Regards,
Stefi

„johnny” ezt írta:

> When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being
> displayed.
>
> I have reviewed the following:
> - conditional formatting
> - zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View)
> - stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet
> Change event)
> - locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this
> should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected)
>
> Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being
> displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence?
>
> Cheers
> John

0
Stefi (275)
12/5/2005 7:44:01 AM
Could it be as simple as standing in SheetB!B1 and write
=IF(SheetA!A1="0";"0";SheetA!A1) - SheetA!A1 being the cell the zero value is
returning from and SheetB!B1 being the cell the zero value is returning to.
Works for me - hope you can use it.
--
Therese

"johnny" skrev:

> When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being
> displayed.
>
> I have reviewed the following:
> - conditional formatting
> - zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View)
> - stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet
> Change event)
> - locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this
> should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected)
>
> Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being
> displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence?
>
> Cheers
> John

0
Therese (23)
12/5/2005 2:21:04 PM
Along with the custom format of:  ;;;
you might want to check for format|conditional formatting.
(maybe it's returning the 0, then hiding it.)

Or maybe it's an error in the formula.  You may want to post that formula that
you're putting in the cell.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0

Need to show percentage reduction on bar chart
Hi. I have a chart with two stacked columns on it. Say the values on the left stack are 200, 100, 80 and on the right stack 120, 40, 20. I want to display the totals on top of each stack ie 380 and 180. Secondly to the right of the right hand stack I want to show the percent reduction in each component. So 40%, etc. Is there a way to do these two tasks? Thanks. Put the totals (380, 180) into the worksheet, and add these as a new series. The series will be added as another stack, but right click on it, choose Chart Type, and select a line type to change it. The points are aligned ...

Variables show in Print Preview but not when report prints
I have a form that requests a startdate and enddate for the transactions to be reported. In Print Preview, these two variables appear on the report header, but disappear when the report actually prints. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:30:01 -0700, Sam V wrote: > I have a form that requests a startdate and enddate for the transactions to > be reported. In Print Preview, these two variables appear on the report > header, but disappear when the report actually prints. Any help would be > greatly appreciated. What is the actual control source of...

Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)
Hi, Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but only the first 3 lines of each cel's content. Is there any limitation in the number of characters ? Thanks ALex This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related: XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548 -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com ...

Why Doesn't My Stock Option Account show up in reports?
I've tried everything simple I can think of. Can't seem to get my Options account to even be counted towards net worth or any other report. In microsoft.public.money, TonyT wrote: >I've tried everything simple I can think of. Can't seem >to get my Options account to even be counted towards net >worth or any other report. Have you tried Tools->Options->Investments->Calculate...BasedOn...ValueOfTotal... ? ...

Why does my Money Market Fund show a loss?
I have investment in a Money Mkt Fund and all transtactions in this fund (BUY, SELL and Re-Invest Dividends) are executed at $1.00. Though, the Performance Reports and Portfolio page shows a Loss. I would think that since all the buys and sells are at $1.00 they should not result in any gain/loss and MS Money should simply add the Re-Invested Dividend to give the gain. However, my balance in the fund matches with the broker so, there should not be error in the entries. The issue is only in the Gain/Loss and Period Return amounts. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, Jay wrote: >I ha...

Can reports show a percentage?
Is there a way to show a percentage in the SO reports? I would like a report to show the profit as a percentage of the sales on a few reports. Thanks, JD Byers Sure ... have several reports that I modified to show this. See below. Begin Column FieldName = "ProfitMargin" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" StoreIDFieldName = "" Title = "Margin" VBDataType = vbDouble Formula = "CASE WHEN ViewStoreSales.TotalSales > 0 THEN (VIEWStoreSales.TotalSales-VIEWStoreQty.TotalCost) / ViewStoreSales.TotalSales...

why is my typing in message not showing up?
i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? Are you using stationary? Perhaps your text is set to be the same colour as the background. "camel" <camel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4694EA48-ABE5-48D9-AA7F-200A9E146F9C@microsoft.com... > i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message > even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? On 3/19/2010 8:45 AM, Orland, Kathleen wrote: > Are you using stationary? Pe...

account reconciliation does not show total deposits/checks
hi, this must have been answered before, but i couldn't find it, so here goes. i've got Money 2004, and now Money 2006 (trial version). all i want to do is balance a checking account with my bank statement, and i am used to seeing the total deposits and totals deductions as part of the process. even the Money help file says it should be in the left pane, but...it is not! and it is not present in either version. i couldn't find any settings to change for this. so, this looks like is a major flaw, can anyone help? i don't reallky want to switch to Quicken... thanks, ...

Assign Values to String Value
Hello, I am trying to assign a numeric value to cells with string/text variables. For instance, 10-2 would signify 4 hours... so the value I would like to calculate would be 4. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks "PC-Renew" wrote: > I am trying to assign a numeric value to cells with string/text variables. > For instance, 10-2 would signify 4 hours... so the value I would like to > calculate would be 4. Is there an easy way to do this? VLOOKUP would be, imo, the easiest. Eg: Assume textstring in A1: 11-7 Then in B1: =VLOOKUP(A1,{"10-2",4;"1...

Show only Journal entries in Delete bin, sort by deletion date
I posted a number of times about the problems I encountered with Ctrl- D (delete a Journal item) being right beside Ctrl-S (saving a journal item). On occasions where I actually notice an accidental deletion, one thing that could help is to be able to view only journal items in the Delete bin. Is there a way to do this? Another thing that might help is to be able to sort by deletion date. Is there a way to do this? Sometimes, I accidentally delete a journal entry from way back, and that basically means its buried in the Delete bin (which is normally sorted by date). Even if the d...

Last Value in a Column when Value <> 0
Hi, can someone provide me a formula that populates a cell with the last value in a column that does not = 0? Below is an example 3 6 7 0 0 0 The goal is to populate a cell with the value of 7. I am currently using the below formula that populates the last value of a column: =INDEX('Retirement Total'!B:B,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,'Retirement Total'!B:B)) I do not however know how to change this to not populate the last value when it is zero. Your help is appreciated. Assuming you want the last *numeric* value that <>0. Try something like this: =LOOKUP(1E100,1/'...

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

Primary DPM protected computers not showing
I have three DPM servers, two servers protect the production systems and a third protects the two DPM servers, including some of the protected computers on the two production DPM servers. When I look at one of the production DPM servers from the modify agent pop up I see all the protected computers show up and I was able to successfully add the protected computers to a storage group, however I have not been able to add any of the protected computers from the second production system because when I click on the modify tab none of the protected computers populate. At first ...

Outlook 2003 messages no longer showing extending characters
Greetings, Has anyone else experienced this recently? It started happening over the last week. Does anyone know how to correct this issue? Thanks, Mike "Mike Forman" <msf427@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jhbDe.15687$3o4.10429@tornado.socal.rr.com... > Greetings, > > Has anyone else experienced this recently? It started happening over the > last week. Does anyone know how to correct this issue? > > Thanks, > > Mike > What do you mean by "extending characters"? Sorry. I receive a lot of messages from Asia. For some reas...

Copy a value without linking?
I am trying to automatically set the value of a text box within a subform when the user creates a new record in that subform. I want the value to be pulled from another form (the main form which the subform is linked to) in the database, but I do not want the value to ever be updated. In other words, I want to just copy the value from the main from to the test box on the subform-- once and only once. Example: MainForm: field="Name" (field is a combo box) Subform: field="NameAtTimeRecordWasCreated" (field is a text box) The "Name" field on MainForm...

I need a gap when the result of a formula is blank or zero
Hello everyone, I have a line chart that plots the evolution of an economic indicator over the months. Each of the 12 cells plotted (the source range) has a formula. It fetches a value from a dabase. For all the months to come, the formula shows "" (like empty cell) or a blank (" "). I might use zero, were it needed. But what I need is that beyond the current month, the line makes a gap (no dots) instead of treating formulas as zeroes. Are there any parameters or options that could help me? Thank you Vicente Soler Hi, Use NA() instead of zero or "". Charts ...

show this folder as an address book
Hi, this tick box is greyed out on my outlook 2k , and i'm unable to view the contacts as an address book when i compose a message. Can someone refresh my memory what i need to do to correct it? Rgds Stu Right click on the contacts group you want to add. Click properties. Check 'Show this folder...' on the 'Outlook Address Book' tab. Then pulldown 'tools', 'address book', 'tools', 'options' and add the contacts list you need. Good luck. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > this tick box is greyed out on my outlook 2k , and...

Average w/o Zero Values
Was wondering if anyone could kindly suggest a method of determining the average of a column (or row) of numbers but not including any cells with a value of zero? Also, if a range is conditionally formated to flag numerical values not within a certain range, how can one prevent it from flagging cells which are set = blank or empty? TIA for any assistance............. Laurie Forbes Hi Laurie: For averages excluding zeros you can use: =AVERAGE(IF(MyRange,MyRange)) Entered as an array by pressing Ctrl + Shift and then pressing Enter With your conditional formatting problem. Use a first c...

showing document data
I am doing an experiment and am wondering if someone would tell me why the following OnDraw insertion does not display text. if(m_bFirstCall) if(pDoc->OnOpenDocument(_T("C:\\Testfile.txt") ) ) { m_bFirstCall = false; ::Beep(500,50); } UpdateWindow(); How is that going to display text? You will have to use the DrawText/TextOut(...) calls on the device context to display the text on a view. -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:OAs7j0B1GHA.4116@T...

how do i use format cells to alpha / numeric values
HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT TO ENTER into a cell, but I also want to set format to set the values. eg. if I put in asd123 I want it to appear as ASD123 but there are also occasions when I will put in a different mix of letters/numbers a12s3d, which I also want to come out as A12S3D. I can do this in Access but cant seem to crack the code in excel. Please help. Try =UPPER(E2) HTH Regards, Howard "Samvid69" <Samvid69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:701E3143-A79D-4FDE-8661-325795CE50F0@microsoft.com... > HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT T...

How do Bar chart where Bar colour changes with different data Valu
hi, I would like to develop a Bar chart, which changes its bar colour for different data values. e.g for a cell format and to change colour of a cell for different values we can use conditional format. Hi, Have a look an Jon's example of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Zeeshan wrote: > hi, > I would like to develop a Bar chart, which changes its bar colour for > different data values. e.g for a cell format and to change colour of a cell > for different values we can use conditional format. -- Andy Pope, Micro...

Remove zero totals in query
I’m trying to find out how I can fix my query so that it doesn’t have records with zero values. Karl Dewey helped me with a clever way to create a query that pulls noncontiguous months for Labor_Cost totals. The criteria for the query is selected from an unbound form with two text boxes. This query works fine but then I needed to add some fields to it. I added fields, Category and DGroup and it was okay but then I added Product and that’s when the lines with zero totals showed up. It’s not for the same product. Here’s a visual example: Category DGroup Product Mo1 Mo2 Tr...

Using a cell's value in a macro command
Hi, I need to use a value of a cell in a spreadsheet in a macro command to copy data. For Example. cell A1 = 28/09/2009 Sub Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\(Value from A1)" End Sub Thanks, Tom hi try something like this......... Dim r As String r = Range("A1").Value Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\your\file\path\" & r & ".xls" but in your example data, you have slashes. these are illigal characters in a file name so i doubt that you have a file with slashes in the name. exc...

Pivot Table Form
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table Form in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David Hi David, can't you use the calculated value NZ([myvalue],0) instead of the value itself? -- Kind regards Noëlla "David Saywell" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have a Piv...

Dynamic Range Chart and Ignoring Zeros
I have several pareto charts including cummulative percentages which are built from pivot table data which is constantly changing. (Note: I have copied the pivot table data into regular cells) I have tried to use the dynamic range chart, however, because there zeros the dynamic range still shows all the values. Also keep in mind I have tried all the hiding zero methods commonly used to make them invisible. Please Help! Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart Histogram, Pareto Zeros not counted. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_24_09.xlsx On Dec 24, 1:15=A0pm, He...