Show the Worksheet Tab Name in a Cell

Is there a function that allows the worksheet name to be shown in a cell.  For example, say the worksheet name is "Totals", is it possible to have this display in one of the cells without having to type it in.
0
ishgrewal (1)

This formula should work once the file has been saved --

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)

Rgds,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)

drop down arrows only show up when in the field
Is there any way to format a drop down list on a form so that the drop down arrow appears all the time, and not just when you tab or click into that field? I'm trying to give my users an idea of which fields are drop down versus free text. Thanks for your help. No, not if you're using a protected form and dropdown formfields. If you change the template to display a userform (http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm) and just insert the resulting values into the document, the dropdowns in the userform do always show the arrow by default (althoug...

Coloured tabs in tabular form
I would like to change the background colour of the pages of a tabular form. Is it possible to te pages in a tabular form another colour instead of white/grey? Is it possible to highlight (boldface text e.g.) the tab header of the selected tab? Thanks for any suggestion/answer to the questions above. Ron Have a look at http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm --=20 Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "RoBo" <RoBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9E45C48E-D0D5-4C5A-86F0-A41D130759A3@microsoft.com... >I would like to change the background colour of the pages ...

Incrementing named cells
Merry Christmas everyone!!! Was wondering if any of you can help me with this. I have a financial model that currently has numerous named cells in the format of XXX_03 ( the 03 is to denote 2003 ) but I am making 2004 projection and therefore am wondering if there was an easy way to sort of copy and paste the names into a new column and automically renaming cells by an increment of 1 to XXX_04. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated! Thank you Justin See one answer 1 minute later -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Justin" <jsim_hba2003@hot...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

Wrap Text in Merged Cell
Excel 2007 If I merge several (or even 2) cells in a row, I can not get the text to wrap when I hit enter. It works, of course, in a single cell. How can I get the text to wrap in merged cells? I have checked "Wrap text" in the Format Cells dialog box, Thanks, Bob Atkinson Long audible sigh here................. One more victim of "merged cells". Wrap Text works fine on merged cells, but Autofit does not work. You need VBA event code to do that. Here is code from Greg Wilson. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cW...

Customisation not showing in Outlook..Urgent
Very Urgent... I have added a button on the toolbar and set "ALL" in web.config for customisation. But the button does not appear in Outlook Client CRM. What more change in settings and where abouts am i missing? Please help.. you have to publish the customisations "Atul Gadre" <AtulGadre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37C849A5-CB2A-4F4D-B58A-AAABDF452BE1@microsoft.com... > Very Urgent... > I have added a button on the toolbar and set "ALL" in web.config for > customisation. But the button does not appear in Outlook Client CRM....

Showing a form whilst code is running...
Hi I have a simple splash screen that I would like to display at the start of my project. Attached to the form_open routine is the following code [code] Option Compare Database Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) 'http://www.rohitab.com/discuss/lofiversion/index.php/t6093.html Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Form.Visible = True TxtTime.Caption = 5 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 4 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 3 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 2 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 1 End Sub [/code] What this does is count down five seconds. Ea...

dynamically referencing to another worksheet
Hi all, I'm relatively new to Excel but I'm working on a spreadsheet for work. Let's say I have a workbook with a separate tab (worksheet) called "exam1". On the first worksheet I can reference to a cell (let's say A2) in the other by using "=exam1!A2". Here's what I need to do though. On the first worksheet in column A, I will have a list of all the tabs that will eventually be included in the spreadsheet (e.x. A1 = exam1, A2 = exam2, A3 = exam3, etc.). Is there a way I can modify the code from the first worksheet above (=exam1!A2) to be dynamic? ...

Tab into specified cells
I'm looking to set up a worksheet so that when I open it up I can only tab into specific cells. Is there anyway of doing this? Thanks There are a few way. One is to unlock the cells you want to tab into (Format>Cells>Protection), and then lock the sheet (Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "sho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644601c47543$7c069000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm looking to set ...

Change size of name box
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to change the size of the name box ? And how do you do it = ? Some of my range's names are to long to fit in the actual name box. Thanks in Advance, and may all of you have a healthy 2004 Gilbert ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HT...

Find all cells with a number and mulitply
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number greater than zero and multiply each one by a number? IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2 A1 Tom A2 25 A3 0 G12 Bob G13 25 I want to programatically (without using a macro) find cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2 Thanks in advance for your help. Jim Jim, As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about being > 0 (0*n=0) or being text. Try this Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it Select all the cells Goto menu Edit>Pastespecial Click the Multiply option OK out Now clear the c...

New Calendar event only showing as all day tas
When I create a new calendar event, say for an hour. It creates itself as an all day event. (Outlook 2002) If I view the event in OWA the event shows properly as the one hour event. If I view the event and look at the scheduling tab, the event shows properly Sometimes the event will disappear in Outlook, but I can still see it using OWA. The users mailbox has been deleted and recreated (mail reimported using a pst file). This problem can be recreated on a different workstation. New profile did not fix problem. Thanks ...

Cell comments
I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M Access table. Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove the cell it will automatically run my routine -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 Hi not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just moving over a comment field -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAF wrote: > I have alr...

Merging cells #4
I am using an existing worksheet in Excel. Some cells have already been merged. I need to merge 2 more cells and i am unable to accomplish that. The "merge/center button" on the toolbar is not highlighted, so i am unable to merge the needed cells. Any suggestions? Any chance your worksheet is protected? brownk wrote: > > I am using an existing worksheet in Excel. Some cells have already been > merged. I need to merge 2 more cells and i am unable to accomplish that. > The "merge/center button" on the toolbar is not highlighted, so i am unable > to m...

Pushbutton control in worksheet?
Greetings, A long time ago, I managed to add a pushbutton control to a worksheet, and when that button was pressed by the user, the macro/function I had tied to the button wrote out a text file, the contents of which were strings that I built from data on worksheet 1 and wrote as lines on worksheet 2. I need to do a similar thing and was wondering if anyone had a quick answer as to how to do this. This also falls in line with my general question of how I add controls such as spinners or selection controls that allow the user to make a selection from a dropdown, for example, and have that se...

Command to reference previous worksheet
Hi, I have a macro whereby I copy the workbook and create a new file. There are many sheets, a, b, c....and I'd like the sheets in cell A1 to reference the previous sheet cell A1 + 1. Ex: in sheet "a", A1 = 30 therefore in sheet "b", cell A1 should show 31 and sheet "c", A1 = 32.... Some of the sheets will be deleted when it comes to the end of the billing cycle but I still want the subsequent sheets to continue with the sequence, ie, if "c" gets deleted, "d" should show A1 = 32. (A1 in "a" will always be changed upon a...

Dynamic range does not appear in name box
I have defined a dynamic range using the offset and counta functions in the define name box. The name works fine in my formulas, but does not appear in the drop-down name box on the formula bar. Is there a way to get this name to appear there? Thanks. Dave Nope. But you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp DaveNadler wrote: > > I have defined a dynamic range using the offset and counta functions in the > define name box. The name works fine in my ...

Sometimes can see all text in a cell, sometimes not.
Hello On Sheet1, I can see all text in cells that have lots of text in them, but have cells to the right that are empty. On Sheet 2, I pasted the following formula into cell A1, and copied this into all of the cells on Sheet2: =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1) Now I can't see all of the text in a cell, even if the cell to the right of it is empty. Is there anything that can be done? I am copying these cells and pasting them into Word as a picture. Thanks! Its because if you type text into a cell it will spill over into empty cells so it can be read. If you then enter in a...

excel hang when switching worksheet

Cell sizing
Hi everyone, I'm recently new to all of this so I hope this isn't a stupid question. Before using Excel, about 7 or 8 years ago, I used Corel Quattro pro. I was able to set the cell heights and widths in mm, cm , inches, points, etc., so that when I printed a section of a sheet it would be a specific dimension. I haven't been able to do this with Excel. Thanks for your help. Only MacXL 2004 allows you to set height and width directly in inches/cm/mm. Both platforms allow you to set row height in points. Column widths can be set in the number of widths of the zero character in...

Relation between tab control pages
how can i co relate three different pages with different type of data in respect of single products i a single tab control... means if i need to see data of Mr. A (selected iin page 1 )then page 2 will show his personal data, page 3 will show his educational data and page 4 will show hisworking experience.... If the data exists in a single table, you can arrange the table to divide up the data in some logical order. All the data exists in the main record and the tabs merely become a method of viewing it. If the data resides in several tables, 1 or more of them can be viewed as a subfor...

How do I display data from multiple worksheets in a summary sheet.
I have over 100 worksheets which are layout exactly the same. I want to create a summary sheet to display only certain information from all of them...like name, sales total, numbers of calls. I don't want to consolidate or tally the information just display them. Does anyone know how to do this? Many ways to skin this cat =Sheet1!C4 =Sheet1!C4 ... If the sheets will be always be accessible in an open workbook you could use =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()&"!C4") In a macro you could use For i = 1 To 100 Cells(i, 1).FormulaR1C1 = &qu...

Average Cells with actuall numbers
Hey all, Hopefully this is a simple one. I'm SUMing a column: =SUM(L8 + L12 + L16) At times, some of these cells might be empty. Can I mod this equation to check for an empty cell? What I'm doing is averaging the numbers in this column by the number of cells that actually have numbers in them. (in this case it would be the sum of L8 + L12 + L16 divided by 3) If, let's say, L8 was empty, I need to divide the total by 2. Make any sense? Thanks for any help! -b Hi Bradley couple of things =SUM(L8+L12+L16) is quite an awkward way of writing either =L8+L12+L16 or =SUM(L8,...

autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value
I have cell value in work sheet based on a function and it changes accordingly.Based on this cell value I want to populate a serial numbers in a column.suppose c1=15,Iwant to populate from d10:d100 serial number as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 upto d24 only rest should appear as blank.Iwant this funtion as array that means d10:d100= formula.maximum cell value is around 90.Any idea to get this result. In D10 enter: =IF(ROWS($1:1)<=$C$1,ROWS($1:1),"") and copy down to D100 Hope this helps Rowan TUNGANA KURMA RAJU wrote: > I have cell value in work sheet based on a ...