Show one total summary but have drill down to detail

I am working a spreadsheet that totals for certain categories. Frequently it
is necessary to see the detail that made up that figure. Right now I am using
comments but this laborious. I'm not sure if pivot tables are what I need or
not.
Basically I have a total and would like to mouse over or something and go to
a different chart/page to see the breakdown.
0
Kharpo7 (4)

Hi
use a pivot table. See:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/index.htm
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2004/11/26/creating-a-simple-pivot-table/trackback/

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Kharpo7" <Kharpo7@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I am working a spreadsheet that totals for certain categories. Frequently
>it
> is necessary to see the detail that made up that figure. Right now I am
> using
> comments but this laborious. I'm not sure if pivot tables are what I need
> or
> not.
> Basically I have a total and would like to mouse over or something and go
> a different chart/page to see the breakdown.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Wage Reports Showing Gross not net pay
I am tracking my employee's wages in Money. I enter it as a split amount with the gross amount as the positive#, then the withholding taxes as transfers from withholding accounts as a negative#. It adds up correctly but when I want a report of expenses it shows the gross amount not the net amount and that throws my balance off. How do I print a report showing only net pay. So you are not using the Paycheck type of transaction? What version/edition of Money? If M05 or more recent and not Money Essential (MEss) are you using Advanced Register? What kind of report are you using? Ha...

Superimpose one chart on another
How do I superimpose one chart onto another so that I can see all of the data in both charts? One is a scatter graph and the other is a line graph using different sets of data in each graph. Hi, Well you can superimpose two chart but most of us would suggest that you chart both sets of data on the xy scatter and then for the one you want to be a line, you select its series and choose Chart, Chart Type and change it to an xy scatter with a line. If you want to supperimpose to charts put one over the other and right click the plot area, choose Format Plot area, and on the Patterns tab ...

Show Comments in chart....
Hello all... I have a chart where I am taking a column of data and creating a chart... along that column certain cells have Comments inserted with the little red arrow in corner to designate a comment is in that cell. Is it possible to have either the entire comment or just an arrow or some sort of symbol placed on a chart? Thank you, Shhhh Hello, http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr/fichiers/graphe/GrapheCommentaire3.xls Sub commentaire() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate On Error Resume Next ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ApplyDataLabels Type:=xlDataLabelsShowLabel On E...

Show and edit link table data using checkboxes
I have a form showing data on a given record. Each record is potentially linked to zero or more values in a lookup table. I'd like to be able to display the data in the link table by using checkboxes to show if a link exists and to create/delete records in the link table when the values of the checkboxes are changed. On Oct 2, 10:41 am, Dan Neely <dan.ne...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a form showing data on a given record. Each record is > potentially linked to zero or more values in a lookup table. I'd like > to be able to display the data in the link table by usin...

Show XML-File in TreeView
Hi, I have to show an xml-file in a treeview within a GUI. It should be possible to change the treeview via buttons while the prog is running, and at the exit of the GUI the current treeview should be saved in an xml-file. That it's possible to load the file later on if wanted. I havn't done anything like this befor, I hope that it is possible. thanks for your help. manuel There is no UI feature which impossible. But your features are not applied by Default Control, and you shoud be implement your own tree control. Please check the codeproject and find such projects. -- WebSit...

Can't open files on more than one computer
I created a template file of a Christmas card for My class, but when I tried to open the template on more that one computer at a time I received a error message. The error was telling me that the file was in use by another computer and would not open. I thought that was the reason I created the template file in the first place but I Guess I was wrong. Having told the children that we were going to make a Christmas card I needed to come up with a solution to this problem so I saved the card on a disk and went around the room and opened the file and to save time I made three copy’s o...

Invoices not showing as business income
I have upgraded to money sm business 2006 from 2004 and when I recieve money for an invoice money does not put this into my business income and it looks like I have no income. It worked fine in the 2004 version. What do I need to do to make recieved invoices show up in reports as income? ...

How do I copy a cell from one worksheet to another worksheet
Hi On sheet2 =Sheet1!A1 Regards Roger Govier skywriter wrote: ...

Replication of Public folders not showing up on new server.
Hello, We are trying to replicate and/or copy public folders and the offline address book from one server 2003 Exchange Server (which was upgaded from 5.5) to another new 2003 Exchange Server. Both servers are Standard Edition. When we go through the steps from that article the public folders and the oab do not show up on the new server. First thing is when we go to administrative groups it looks like the original server was upgraded from 5.5 because its in mixed mode and we cannot change it to native mode, its all greyed out. All we want to do is move or copy the public folders to ...

Pivot Table Totals
I have a pivot table with a calculated field called potential units. The formula is (1 - Closure Rate) * Net Units. The column headers are individual months of the year. The calculated field works fine for the individual months, but the total always returns a 0. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Show Date Question
On my Form I have a Combo box and a check box. I want the combo box to show today's date if Check box is True! Thanks for any Help....Bob Set the Control Source of the combo to: =IIf(([MyCheckBox]), Date(), Null) It's unusual to use a combo to display a date like that, so I suspect I have not understood your question correctly. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:eSNl8AmX...

Setting a condition for MORE THAN ONE attribute to list ANOTHER di
I have a charter table containing : charter_nbr (numeric-pk), ... a charter_leg table containing : charter_nbr(numeric), cl_leg_nbr(nemeric-pk), cl_etd(date), cl_atd(date),... each charter flight may have more than one leg. and each leg has ETD(estimated date+time departure) and a ATD (actual date+time departure) here is the question: I need to desplay the charter nbr of the charters that ALL of its legs have the same ETD and ATD. meaning that any charter_nbr that ALL of its legs have this condition will be listed. notice that, the condition must be true for ALL the legs...

Creating a summary Page
I am a surveyor and am currently working out quantities of pipework etc. I have an electronic take off sheet that works out the various lengths and depths and sizes of pipe. I am trying to create a summary page for this. There are several different pipe sizes from 150, 200, 225, 250 etc. But i need to summarise these to various lengths and pipe sizes into depth ranges. So say for every length of 150 pipe at 1m to 1.5m in depth i need it to sum up the total length on a separate sheet within the same workbook. I have played about wth array formulas etc but with little success Can anyone he...

552 <FQDN>your message counts in one session of 198 exceeds maximum setting 20
Hello Folks, I get the error "552 <FQDN>your message counts in one session of 198 exceeds maximum setting 20" The original message was received at Mon, 2 May 2005 11:18:00 +0300 (AST) from ns1.piramide.nl [195.18.93.6] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <xxx@xxx.com> ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to [192.151.106.72]: >>> DATA <<< 552 momserver.riyadh.afg.com: your message counts in one session of 33 exceeds maximum setting 20 554 <xxx@xxx.com>... Service unavailable Any insights?? It seem...

Cedit multiline problem
i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled. The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2 stripes. I can't simulate it. his configurations are: winxp professional service pack 1 font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have this problem. Maybe there is a known problem with xp ? i don't know thx in advance Does it happen for even something as simple as this? DWORD style = WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE | ES_LEFT | ES_MULTILINE; edit.C...

Filter data from one collum by looking up from another column
Hi, I am stuck on the following problem: I want to exclude names (or give them another color) from 1 column if they are also in another column. To illustrate this, the result from the following data: A B 1 John Peter 2 Sue Floyd 3 Peter Dan 4 Mike Chris would have to be: John Sue Mike Or in this case I could use a conditional formatting to paint A3 red. How do I do this? Try something like this: Using your posted example: Select A1:A4, with A1 as the active cell From the Excel main menu: <format><conditional formatting> Formula is: =COUNTIF($A$1:$B1,A1)>1 Click the...

Outlook doesnt show distribution list members
Hi, We're having problems with Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.3821). When I go to the addressbook, choose a distributionlist and ask the properties I see the members of the distributionlist. When another person wants to do the same, he or she can't see the members. Does anybody know how to make everyone able to see the members? ...

Unbound checkbox on datasheet subform
Is there any way to check just the one you checked? Robert Hi Robert, this issue was discussed at length recently on this newsgroup. The short answer is No. The long answer is that you can make the checkbox bound, but it is not very easy. Look at this thread: checkbox on continuous form from Design by Sue Thursday 20 December 2007 Jeanette Cunningham "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote in message news:4778181a$0$19883$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net... > Is there any way to check just the one you checked? > > Robert > > "Robert" &...

Leaving a total sum cell blank until other cells are filled
Hi there, some help needed please for probably a simple problem. Lets say I have a value in cell A1. A2 is blank for now and the total of the SUM will be in A3. How can i get it so that A3 is blank until A2 is filled in. Any would be appreciated Try this in A3: =3DIF(OR(A1=3D"",A2=3D""),"",A1+A2) That checks for both A1 and A2 being empty, and if either of them are then the formula will return a blank. If you only want to test for A2, then you can do this: =3DIF(A2=3D"","",A1+A2) No need for SUM. Hope this helps. ...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay to one domain
We have two sites. Our sister site is running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. They can send email to any domain BUT ours and we can receive email from any domain BUT theirs. I have verifed that we are not on any blacklist. There error message the sender receives is: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'user@domain.com' on 11/1/2004 8:43 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com Is it something on our end that is not letting them email us or something on their end in DNS?? Any help would be appreciated. Mr. Mike ...

Can Excel Check two spreadsheets against one another for changes?
I have two spreadsheets one an original and the other has been revised by a second party. Is there a way that Excel can go through the original and highlight any additions, subtractions, changes, etc... Thank You, Judd Sandstrom It depends. If the changes do not include removing rows or columns (or inserting rows or columns), then you could use a program written by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville. You can find a copy on Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm look for compare.xla But remember this does a cell-by-cell comparison against two worksheets-...

two reports in one
Hi Am I able to print two reports in a report. As in Page one, query 1; page 2 query 2. Now I am opening two reports as Page 1 and Page 2. Many thanks in advance RIchard Richard Create Report1 based on Query1. Create Report2 based on Query2. Create Report3 based on nothing. Open Report3 in design view, add Report1 and Report2 as sub-reports. If you want a page break between them, add that control on the Report3 definition. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Richard" <richardbee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eX$1R0ngHHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gb...

Account deletes when click on change account details
I am using Money 2001 When i am using "Other open accounts" and click on "Change Account Details" The account simply deletes itself. I have searched the computer to no avail. Can anyone suggest a solution to this. The missing accounts are still in my archive fies of three years ago -- D Richardson -- D Richardson "Derrick Richardson" wrote: > I am using Money 2001 > When i am using "Other open accounts" and click on "Change Account Details" > The account simply deletes itself. I have searched the computer to no avail. &...

Attachments to one address and not another?
Outlook 2007 - Is it possible to send an attachment to an email address (ex -in the 'To' field), but not send the attachment to another address (ex - in the 'Bcc' field) for the same message? No. TimBCC wrote: > Outlook 2007 - Is it possible to send an attachment to an email address (ex > -in the 'To' field), but not send the attachment to another address (ex - in > the 'Bcc' field) for the same message? Didn't think so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks. "Bob I" wrote: > No. > > TimBCC wrote: > &...

Void cheque showing outstanding in AP
We issued a credit note in error. Voiding the cheque does not unapply the credit & it is still showing outstanding. How can we fix it? Thanks. ...