Show formulas instead of results

I am trying to have the actual formulas show up on my spreadsheet, instead of
the results.  I think I have done it before, but I can't remember now.

Thank you

Tools>Options>View, check Formulas

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Hippopotamus" <Hippopotamus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to have the actual formulas show up on my spreadsheet, instead
>of
> the results.  I think I have done it before, but I can't remember now.
>
> Thank you

0
nicolaus (2022)
1/14/2006 9:35:37 PM
goto tools and options, select formulas

Ctrl + `  (grave accent same key as tilde) toggles it off and on, or
tools>options>view>formulas

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Hippopotamus" <Hippopotamus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to have the actual formulas show up on my spreadsheet, instead
>of
> the results.  I think I have done it before, but I can't remember now.
>
> Thank you

0
terre081 (3244)
1/14/2006 9:48:59 PM
Press CTRL and ` (the grave accent key to the left of the number 1 at the top
of the keyboard).  This shortcut will toggle between the formulas and values.

Andrea Jones
www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
www.stratatraining.co.uk
www.allaboutclait.com

"Hippopotamus" wrote:

> I am trying to have the actual formulas show up on my spreadsheet, instead of
> the results.  I think I have done it before, but I can't remember now.
>
> Thank you

Outlook 2003 "Show in Groups"
Hello! Outlook 2003 has a new "feature" called "Show in Groups" under the View, Arrange By, menu when you are looking at your Inbox folders. It groups your mail into days, weeks, a month, then groups the rest under "Older." I can go to a folder, then click on View, Arrange by, and uncheck Show in Groups, to make it sort the old way, but I have over sixty sub-folders of my Inbox. Is there a way to turn off Show in Groups globally for all folders, current and new? Thanks for helping! Gregg Hill go into views, arrange by, customize, and open the define views di...

How do I not show items in my address book
In Address book I like to make the following changes: I'm using Office Std Edition 2003, and I like not to show the fax numbers in the column, is there a way I can change the display? PeterM <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote: > In Address book I like to make the following changes: I'm using > Office Std Edition 2003, and I like not to show the fax numbers in > the column, is there a way I can change the display? There's a work-around. You can modify the FAX number entry in the contacts record so that Outlook doesn't recognize it as a phone number by putting &q...

Report Not Showing All Records
Dear All, I Have a Report that Shows all the records in a Table, at the moment the table hold 200 Records. but the report which is related to the table, is only displaying 32 pages, with the one record on the last page. the report is only showing 160 Records, What would cause the report to exclude the other 40 Records? Theres no filters set or anything. Any one got any suggestions? Regards Dan ...

Tricky formatting and Date Formula
I need to calculate the difference in ages for a school tracking program. The problem is in the fact that the ages are recorded as follows: 6.1 is a child 6 years and 1 month 6.2 is a child 6 years and 2 months etc 6.10 is a child 6 years and 10 months 6.11 is a child 6 years and 11 months The formatting cannot differentiate between 6.1 and 6.10. Is it possible to get around these problems so that I can a) record the ages so that they mean something in the spread sheet B) create a formula that will work out the age differences between a chronological age of, for example, 8.1 (8 years an...

how to show web addresses as black in Publisher?
I am typesetting a newsletter in publisher and am including some web addresses within text. The newsletter is to be printed and the printer wants everything on disc to be in b&w. I keep trying to change the web addresses from blue to black but they remain blue. Anyone else have this problem, or is there a simple solution? thanks In Pub 2003 go to Format > Color Schemes > Custom Color Scheme. At that point you may get a dialogue box that offers to change your colors to the closest match...click no. Then under the Custom tab, at the bottom you will see Hyperlink and Followed hyper...

Req: Formula Array.....
Hi all, Have an XLS and trying to generate stats from it. On one Worksheet I would like to break up stats in the following manne (for example).. Code ------------------- Ongoing Closed July Client Praises ?? ?? Complaints ?? ?? Vendor Praises ?? ?? Complaints ?? ?? Partner Praises ?? ?? Complaints ?? ?? The data contained on another Worksheet is in the following format: Col#01 - Date (Format: `dd - mmm - yy`) Col#02 - T...

Formula Help 01-04-10
I am trying to do the following and can't figure out the formula. I have cells across a column that have one of the following numbers: 0,1,2,3,4. I want to get the number of cells that have a 1 or a 2. For example, lets say A3 is a 1, C3 is a 3, E3 is a 4 and G3 is 2. I want the forumala to give me 2 (1 in A3 and 2 in G3). I am sure it is fairly simple, but I can't figure it out. Thanks Try: =COUNTIF(A3:Z3,1)+COUNTIF(A3:Z3,2) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Casey" wrote: > I am trying to do the following and can't figure out t...

Conditional Formatting Formula
I have a spreadsheet that I check for valid data. I have created an add-in workbook that has the valid data (named ranges) which is updated from an Access database query. On the spreadsheet I am checking for valid data, I created a named reference to the named ranges in the add-in workbook so I can use conditional formatting to flag invalid data with a red background. This works perfectly for account numbers, security numbers, and the like, but when it comes to text entries such as usernames, it flags it as red whether the data is valid or not. I use VBA code from the add-in workbook e...

hide formulas
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, I have a spreadsheet that has quite a few formulas that I want to function BUT hide--so that when one clicks on the cells where the formula is, the formula itself does not show. How can I achieve that? You can select the whole sheet, do format>protection and deselect locked, then you select the cells with the formulas (F5, special>formulas enter), then repeat but select hidden. Then finally you protect the sheet under tools>protection. That way only the result of the formula is showing and you can still select and edit other cells -- Regards, ...

financial formula
I need some equation help... This is correct.... SP = Sell Price C = Cost GP = Gross Profit GPP = Gross Profit Percentage SP = 109 C = 77 GP = 32 GPP = 29% (SP - C) / SP = GPP (109 - 77) / 109 = 29% ....now, suppose you know the cost and GPP. How do I find SP? (x - 77) / x = 29% How do I get x= ????? My algebra days are long gone and never did like financials. thanks > (SP - C) / SP = GPP > How do I find SP? Hi. SP = C/(1 - GPP) -- HTH :>) Dana DeLouis Windows XP & Office 2007 "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23z7gTgubHHA.20...

Show model dialog and thread under MFC exe program
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4877B.A551B8A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How to show model dialog in a worker/background thread under MFC exe = program? Thank you ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4877B.A551B8A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =...

Combining Formulas #2
I have two columns that get data from two different formulas. The reason I have two columns is becasue I couldn't figure out how to combine the two formulas. I worked on it for a while, but I had to give up and divide it in half. I'll post the two formulas. Maybe someone can figure out an easy way to combine them. If you need more info, let me know. Thanks. =IF(C3="","",IF(B2="",IF(C3<=0,IF(D3<C3,B4,IF(B5="",IF(C3<=0,IF(D3<C3,B3,IF(B2="",IF(C3<=0,IF(D3>C3,B3,IF(B5="",IF(C3<=0,IF(D3>C3,B3))))))))...

formula to move a scored number to a score sheet
i run a race team. we have 20 teams competeing. we select 7 riders each to compete in various age and skill levels. we sort the riders by age and skill level. as we score the races, i need a formula that will send the results back to the team score card. for example i have 20 score card, one for each team. each card has 3colums with 7 cells. after we sort the riders they are no longer grouped by teams. the formula would have to know to send the score of a rider from team (a) to the correct score card and if the first cell has a score in it, to place it in the next cell in the column a...

Excel Formulas using "IF"
If I enter the word "bounced in one cell can I trigger a value ($500.00) to become a negative number (-$500.00)? Regrads, Corey Brock Maybe you could use a helper cell with a formula: =if(a1="bounced",-b1,b1) Corey Brock wrote: > > If I enter the word "bounced in one cell can I trigger a > value ($500.00) to become a negative number (-$500.00)? > > Regrads, > Corey Brock -- Dave Peterson See your other post! -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, ...

Formula wont calculate???
My excel will not do simple calculations anymore if they reference another sheet, like =sheet1b1 + sheet1c1. It will do a =b1+c1, if calc. is on same sheet. I think my options are messed up somehow, then again it could be anything. Its never done this before Any help would be GREATLY appreciated by my grade in accounting!!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Scott You need a ! in between the sheet name and the reference. Andy. "Scott" <...

Anyway to replace absolute file path in formula with relative or use Info(directory)?
Hi, I have a workbook that looks summarizes data that is in multiple (60) other workbooks, and want to know if there is someway to craft my look such that the folder structure doesn't manner --I want to be able to share this workbook with a teammate and not have the lookups fail, so long as the folder structure at the file level is the same. Here is the setup: Summary file C:\xxx\xxx\xxx\summary file.xls Data files C:\xxx\xxx\xxx\data files\folder1\data.xls C:\xxx\xxx\xxx\data files\folder2\data.xls .... C:\xxx\xxx\xxx\data files\folder60\data.xls I want to somehow craft my lookup -- r...

Countif function to show how often numbers within a range are pres
I use a sheet to track when I receive items, once per day, and I log the time in 24 HR format using numbers, no formatting. I want to be able to count how many times in a row (Month) the number is between two numbers to help me identify if I get the items in morning, afternoon, evening. I think I would use countif but I don't know how to have it count each time the number in the cell is between the hours I determine. I think it would look like: countif(range,<>1:1159) or something similar but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Than...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

XL 2K7
Entered numeric values in columns A-C and rows 1-5. In column E, entered numeric values 1-5. In column F, entered formula to add values in columns A-C: =A1+B1+C1 then copied it down through row 5. Selected range E1:F5, clicked Sort, selected Column F from drop down, left Sort On set to Values, and selected Largest to Smallest in the Order drop down. Only column E got sorted! After a half dozen sanity checks, copied the values from column F, clicked in G1 and selected Paste Special - Values and clicked OK. Selected range E1:G5 and sorted on column G (Largest to Smallest) and the sort wo...

Drill down to new window instead of worksheet
Hi folks, I've been working on putting our old sales file into a pivot table form and the results look pretty good. My only concern is drilling down in the pivot table. I would prefer to be able to drill down to a new excel window instead of a new worksheet. The reason for this is the people that will primarily use the pivot table may not delete the drilldown worksheets and the workbook could turn into a bloated mess before very long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Kyle You can't change the settings for the drill to details feature. Maybe you could create a te...

Grand totals for summed time don't show >24:00
I have a pivot table that sums time values. For the data items everything is correct, but the grans totalt don't show time values above 24 hours. I have the cell format [h]:mm, but it still doesn't work. What can be wrong? I'm using Excel 2003. // Johan ...

Check Quantity Available per site instead of per item with PO Retu
In PO returns you are not able to enter an item that has an available quantity of zero or below. Would like it to look per site as there may be available stock in one site but zero for the item as a whole. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www....

Parameter Query No Results
I have a parameter query works as long as there are related records in the tables. My problem is I when the query results are "null" or no records exist I want the query to automatically create a new record based on the parameter input. Is this possible? Example: [CustomerID] criteria shows Like "*" & [Enter Customer ID:] & "*" If this is a new record for this Customer my query returns no values. I want the query to automatically create a new record for this Customer or show all records related. Your help is GREATLY appreciated! ...

Agents tab not showing up...
I'm using Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2003 SP2 on a SBS2003 machine. And i'm trying to define some agents in a Public Folders folder, but i can't managed to make the Agents tab appear on the properties popup. I've been searching for some help, and all i got is to define the user with owner permission in the eventconfig_ on exchange, activate the Server scripting in Outlook and that the user has rights on that folder. But all of this is done and it keeps not showing up. What else can or must be done? I got no more things to try out. Has i even tried that on several co...

attachments show inside outlook emails
hi, I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an attached file that can be "saved as" by the recipient. anyone with a problem like this? how do I fix this? thanks MAC MAC wrote: > hi, > > I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he > sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the > contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an > attached file that ...