Shortcuts ....

Does any one know the shortcut to change the size of a
column in Excel ... without having to go to the menu,
selecting column width and inputing a number ... can it be
done by a shortcut?
Thanks
Soha

There is a option of autofit. double click on the line in
between  the column headers. [A,B,C Etc]

0
anonymous (74722)
10/15/2003 4:17:24 AM
Just put the cursor on the right margin of the column
header, left click and hold then drag right to widen, left
to narrow, and release.  This also works for row height.

Also: If you click on the upper left corner square (above
Row 1 and left of Column A) this highlights the whole
sheet.  You can then double click on any column margin, as
above, and the entire sheet will set all column widths to
the widest entry in each column.

Marvis

0
marvisgmj (2)
10/15/2003 5:19:03 AM
Hi

"marvisgmj@earthlink.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:014b01c392db$d95ba1a0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Just put the cursor on the right margin of the column
> header, left click and hold then drag right to widen, left
> to narrow, and release.  This also works for row height.
>
> Also: If you click on the upper left corner square (above
> Row 1 and left of Column A) this highlights the whole
> sheet.  You can then double click on any column margin, as
> above, and the entire sheet will set all column widths to
> the widest entry in each column.

Which version of Excel? I tried it (the select the whole sheet and
double-click stuff) with Excel2000 - it doesn't work!

Arvi Laanemets

Did you have any data in your cells?  xl will adjust the columns in the
usedrange only.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Keyboard shortcut for the smart tag #2
When I copy text out of a web page, say, and paste it into an Excel worksheet, the cute little smart tag icon (which I love) pops up in the bottom right hand corner. Now, when I click on that icon, a menu appears with formatting choices (or paste options). I noticed that the menu choices have their shortcut keys underlined (ie: Keep Source Formatting; Match Destination Formatting) etc. So my question is: is there a keyboard combination that reveals the smart tag menu, or do you have to click the icon with the mouse each time? Thank you! Alt/Shift/F10 "Chris Hedlund" <...

How Do I Create A Shortcut For A On-Demand screen saver
Some time back in an early version of Windows, I was able to create a shortcut to the .exe that started the screen saver. What is the name of that .exe file and where is now located? Will this still work? Is there another way to do this? Thanks, -- Steve T Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Office 2007 ESET Security Suite I found the .scr file and created a shortcut and it executes just fine. The only thing that doesn't work is to be prompted for id & password on resume. Yes it is set up that way in Personalize and if you check the properties of the shortcu...

Excel Shortcuts
Hi, Is there any place I could go to find all the short cuts on Excel. Thanks! You will find them in the HELP menus if you search for SHORTCUTS. Either that or you will see the short cut for individual actions in the drop down menus. -- Brod "Peterite" <benfernando@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OGlO8zd0EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any place I could go to find all the short cuts on Excel. > > Thanks! > > Hi http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Peterit...

how can i need to acces the templates folder with a shortcut?
i want to acces the folder containing the templates i create it in a more esay way than go to tool and ... i need like a shotcut to select the template i need or something like that outlook 2007 Actions-> New Email Using-> ... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Fabito" <Fabito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC7356BE-4489-4230-AD57-C...

insert a link/shortcut to a file on comuter in a contact window
I am trying to add a link or shortcut to a file on my computer in a contact window, in the lower window of the contact When I drag a file in that box it actualy creats a copy in a certain folder in Microsoft, but then its hard to find the file I want to Insert only a Link or shrtcut to the file. Can anyone have an idea? pl;ace your cursor in the white window of the Contact. Then Insert | File, single click the file you want and use the tiny drop down arrow, bottom right corner to select: Insert as Hyperlink. "Jacob" <info@kohn.ca> wrote in message news:O5g%23hYD2G...

shortcut to change color of selected cell in excel?
shortcut to change color of selected cell in excel? A quick way to change cell colour is to click a colour in a floating colour palette -- Click the arrow at the right side of the Font Colour button Point to the ridged bar at the top of the colour palette. When the cursor changes to a four-headed arrow, drag the colour menu onto the worksheet. rahul wrote: > shortcut to change color of selected cell in excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Shortcut menu does not have hyperlink on it
On a new spreadsheet my shortcut menu has hyperlink to make a cell jump to a web site. On the specific spreadsheet I'm working on the shortcut menu does not have an option for the hyperlink. I know I can get it from the menu bar but I like the shortcut. If the Hyperlink command is in the Shortcut menu at all it should be there all the time. Is it there, but dimmed out? If these are sheets in the same book, it sounds like the sheet with Hyperlink dimmed in the menu may be protected. Same if in different workbook files.|:>) "Kelli" wrote: > On a new spreadsheet my ...

ms outlooks shortcuts
I want to save the items I have in the shortcuts so I can upgrade my operating system and not lose them during that process. Is there any way to save what is in the shortcuts? do you mean favorites? what os are you using and maybe I can help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the ne...

How to edit a Shortcut Menu Bar
I have a control with a Shortcut Menu Bar. When I rightclick the control, this menu bar is displayed. How do I find this menu bar to edit it? I made this some years ago - but cant remember what I did... -- Diane This article will help: http://jamiessoftware.tk/articles/menubars.html Mark Andrews RPT Software http://www.rptsoftware.com "DianePDavies" <DianePDavies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6BA6048-2610-4F83-83BB-20B6EEEE691B@microsoft.com... >I have a control with a Shortcut Menu Bar. When I rightclick the control, > this m...

font size keyboard shortcut
Hi The font size keyboard shortcuts, ctrl-[ and ctrl-], don't work in email messages and appontments in outlook 2002 on my brand new XP machine. any ideas? Mike ...

Cannot Copy a Shortcut?
I tried both SHFileOperation( ) and CopyFile( ) and have found that if the file is a shortcut it fails using these calls. Is there an explanation for this? I think I figured it out. Shortcuts have a ".lnk" file extension and even if not hiding extensions, the extension is not visible for ".lnk" files. So in my code I was using the wrong string since I didn't include the ".lnk" extension. Yep, that would do it. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Coder" <Coder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Keyboard Shortcut #3
I've searched the site and have found very few threads on this topic, and the suggestion of dragging the buttons doesn't work. I need a keyboard shortcut for merging cells. I don't know much about macros, but if someone has a macro that will merge cells (and align left) - I'd greatly appreciate it. To give you a better idea of how to help, this is what I'm doing. I have copied a schedule from project and pasted in excel with the outline level column, so I could easily indent the sub-tasks. I indented (by following some suggestions in the project group) by inserting a c...

Is there a two a shortcut to Save As with two letters?
I know that Ctrl + S is the shortcut to Save document. I wonder, is there a shorcut to Save As other than the F12 key? Thanks. If it is a new (unsaved) document, then Ctrl+S will trigger the SaveAs dialog too because Word is unable to simply Save as it doesn't know what name or location to save it. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com> wrote in message news:#vaLSFXtKHA.4860@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I know that Ctrl + S is the shortcut to Save document. > I wonder, is there a shorcut to Save As other than the F12 ke...

Empty "Junk E-mail" Folder on the shortcut menu GRAYED OUT
When I right click on Junk E-mail Folder the " Empty Junk mail" Folder is grayed out. I have to delet messages one at a time. How do I turn this option on? Office Outlook 2007 Thanks, Terry Have you run Office Diagnostics yet? See if that will fix the problem. = Do you have any third party anti-spam programs installed as well? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, TERRY asked: | When I right click o...

Shortcut
Hello: I'm programming an application and the user has asked that they be able to specify short cut keys for certain toolbar buttons. I didn't know if such a mechanism existed so I began creating a dialog box that accepts a menu ID and provides the user with capabilities much in the same way as Visual Studio for specifying shortcut keys for menu items. I'm nearly finished now, so it probably doesn't matter, but does such a thing already exist? Am I re-inventing the wheel? Thank you, Dan If you added the menu just so you can get the shortcut keys, you could have si...

keyboard shortcut?
What is the shortcut to move to the beginning of the next row? thank you If NumLock is on, 'Home' then down arrow. If NumLock is off you have another option: 7 then 2 on number pad. ...

Shortcut menu
I would like to create a chotcut (Right click) menu on my app. I did this several times, but every time I nees play with long time to create. If you have any document about this, can you please let me know, I go to Tools --> Customize --> Tools Bar and check Shortcut Menus and then I lost some where here or missing something. I remember that there is a property dialog and let me specify to run my macro Your information is great appreciated, Hi Souris, Try this website www.jamiesssoftware.tk It has a page on Microsoft access custom menus, toolbars and Pop-up menus. I found it ve...

how do I cancel shortcut keystrokes
I inadvertantly held down the right hand shift key for over 8 seconds which brought up a change in keystrokes from lower case to upper case (trying to type a , resulted in < being typed - cannot get rid of this in my word document - please help!! Control Panel | Accessibility Options: Sticky Keys. And you may want to clear the check boxes that enable the shortcuts that got you in trouble. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "pete beng" <pete beng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

keyboard shortcut for outlook picture download
I use Outlook to download my Hotmail. I find it faster if I turn off the picture downloads, but would like a keyboard shortcut for turning them on rather than the click on the gray bar and then on download pictures for each one... ? ____ DC G There is no global shortcut. The Ctrl+P key is assigned to the download menu but it doesn't work in my experience until you r-click on the image. Your other option is to trust senders and show images from trusted senders. if you only do this with the messages you really, really want the images for, it shouldn't affect the d/l time ...

Selecting Text Shortcut??
I am using Publisher 2003. In Word 2003 if I want to select a certain portion of text I can place the cursor at the starting point, then while holding down the shift key I move the cursor to the end and when I release the button the text is selected. What is the secret in doing the above while in Publisher?? Thank you. Mike All outgoing messages (both text and attachments) are scanned for viruses prior to sending The function is the same in Publisher. What problems are you having? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microso...

mileage sheet shortcut
I have a mileage sheet that needs to be coded per person at work. So C12 is where the person types their name. A seperate spreadsheet has all company employees listed along with the code that needs to be added. What I would like to make happen is that the name typed in would be able to go to the other spreadsheet, match the name and insert the correct business code. In other words, like a telephone directory, I want to lookup someone name to get their telephone number, but I can't figure out how, or where to start other then the cell where I want to the code to go. ClassyIris...

Keyboard shortcut #8
I am using Excel 2002. I would like to create a keyboard shortcut that would allow me to Center align. The center icon is "&Center", but Alt C gives me "Clear Print Selection" I removed the "&" from in front of the clear print icon, but when I do an Alt C, nothing happens. Can I assign Alt C to the "Center" alignment button? If so, how? Thanks Siege Tools, Customize, R-click the Center align button, select "Image and Text" instead of "Default style". It should now work for you. Tonso wrote: > I am using Excel 2002. I ...

Shortcut for wrap text or vertical center in cell
Is there a keyboard shortcut for wrap text? how about centering data vertically in a cell? Have you considered assigning a short macro to the KB combination of i.e. <Ctrl>+<Shift>+W? Dennis "webbuzzard" wrote: > Is there a keyboard shortcut for wrap text? how about centering data > vertically in a cell? Buzz, Looking in Help for formatting shorcuts yielded nothing. You can roll your own, using the underlines. For wrap text, it's a bit long. Alt-o, e, a, Alt-w, Enter. For vertical centering, Alt-o, e, a, Alt-V, c, Enter. Or you could record a ma...

notes shortcut
Is there a keyboard shortcut to open up a new note in outlook 2000? Ctrl + Shift + N >-----Original Message----- >Is there a keyboard shortcut to open up a new note in outlook 2000? > > >. > CTRL+SHIFT+N -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the add...

All Of the Keyboard Shortcuts?
Does anyone know a link to ALL of the keyboard shortcuts? I keep running into peoples sites that have a few of the shortcuts... but none of them so far has all of the shortcuts. Thanks, M. Microsoft has a comprehensive list for their products http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/keyboardassist.aspx hth Tony "Nick" <morpheseus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IO_tb.410115$9l5.25397@pd7tw2no... > Does anyone know a link to ALL of the keyboard shortcuts? I keep running > into peoples sites that have a few of the shortcuts... but none of them so > far has all...