Shortcut to convert all formulas to absolute references?

I thought I read that this is possible. Am I wrong

--
Kevla
Kevlar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=723

Hi!

http://tinyurl.com/5c7fr

contains "a gaggle" of such converters, courtesy of Gord Dibben.

Al

--
Alf
AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478

if / or formulas
i build a spreadhseet daily of portfolio positions and the percentage that each stock takes of the total portfolio value......the individual positions are cut and paste from another system striaght to excel.....at the end of this vertical list of positions I add a 'total' amount. Obviously the number of positions changes on a daily basis. what I also want to add is a table that says if any one single stock is over three percent of the portfolio value, so i need formula(e) that looks down the list and tells me if the number is greater than three. However the range of cells wil...

How to convert Publisher to Word
How do i convert a publisher document so i can save it as a Microsoft word document? Any help grately receieved. Cheers Nick Do you have Publisher? If you do it is a matter of copy/paste. You will lose formatting. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE79008-763A-4CC8-B017-6DE9D2301021@microsoft.com... > How do i convert a publisher document so i can save it as a Microsoft wo...

Extra characters appear in the formula bar but not in the cell
Extra characters appear in the formula bar but not in the cell not resolved by excel help solution What do you call "Extra Characters" ? How and by whom were they identified !? Micky "sanjiv" wrote: > Extra characters appear in the formula bar but not in the cell not resolved > by excel help solution ...

how do I convert a non exel tabulation to exel
I use a fixed tabulation in my job and I have noticed other people are converting it to exel for ease of use. I do not want to have to ask and so I need help. Depends on how it is formated. The only one I have any experiance with is converting a txt file over to Excel. In the case of a txt file just open it in Excel and Excel will ask you how you wana handel it. If the file is evenly spaced (ala tabs) then it iwll pick up on this and convert, if it is sperated by a specific character ("," ";" "-" what ever) you can tell it to break by those as well. hth dt...

Excle formula translator
Handy translator formulas /functies in 16 languages http://www.applewood.nl/forms/3000/frm-004/?frmtaal=EN ...

How I convert number to word
I am using excel 2003. looking for a formula which would convert number to word. Say, if i have 123 at cell A1 what should be formula at B1 which would automatically display "One hundred twenty three". How to use "Spelltext"? http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "swastik" <swastik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82410478-A46D-4814-8E72-7A3E86DE8C9C@microsoft.com... > I am using excel 2003. looking for a formula which would convert number to > wor...

Missing references to Office 11
Hi all I'm developing a database for a client in Access 2003. (The database, not the client. He's in London :-) ) Had a load of problems with Access this morning, in that every time I tried to open the database, it generated loads of errors, tried to copy the objects into a new database, equally many errors, then tried to create another new database and check the references in the VBA window and even though there was no data and no objects this caused a crash.... So, having rebooted with no imrpovement in performance, I decided to remove and reinstall Office 2003. My machine already...

Off Page Reference
Hi By Placing a off-Page reference shape by program it pops up the dialog box for the Source and destination page. Hpw do i disable the dialog box and supply that data at runtime? Solution or suggestion will be of great help Regards Ashok ...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

why cant I copy and paste a formula?
I have a simple numbered sheet that I data sorted. Now I can't get the numbers to stop repeating themselves when I copy and paste or even click the right bottom corner and drag. EG. it supposed to go 1,2,3,4,5 and so on down column A, but when I try to copy and paste from A2(=A1+1) down it keeps pasting 2 and after checking the pasted cell it has the correct formulas??? please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi It sounds like your calculation may be set to manual. Hit F9 and see if it recalculates. To change the setting, go to Tools/Options/Calculation and set it to...

automatically converting data
when i make a change in one column i would like the material t automatically change in another column. for example, if something cost $1.25 per pound in my unit price colum and in my total cost column it cost $3.75; if i change my unit pric column to 1.50 how do i automatically change the price in my tota price column thank you bo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com in cell a3 =a1*a2 where a1 contains 2 for 2 pounds and a2 contains 1.25 which if you change to 1.50 will change a3. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "bob Tiburzi >" <<b...

Retrieving formulae
Hi, I'm trying to write something in .Net which will look at an Excel file and be able to read the formualae within it. I'd prefer not to do this via automation and I'm currently trying it via an ADO connection. My connection string is along the lines of Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=h:\excelsearch\1.xls;Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=No;IMEX=1" ....but that is returning the value of a cell, instead of the underlying formula. Does anyone know if I can change the connection string in some way so that I get the formulae, or have any bright ideas on ...

filter for non-formulas
I have a list of data. Is there a way I can filter a column of rows to extract only those cells that do not contain formulas? Hi you could use a helper column together with a UDF. Put the following code in one of your modules: public function is_formula(rng as range) is_formula=rng.hasformula end function and use this in your helper column: =IS_FORMULA(A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S. H. Drew" <SHDrew@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5BAEF6EC-393F-4ACA-A722-A718E5D96132@microsoft.com... > I have a list of data. Is there a way I can...

Excel 2007 automatically updating a formula/cell?
I am used to Excel 2003 automatically updating formulas. For example, in calculating grades, I use this: =A6*0.05+B6*0.1+C6*0.05+D6*0.15+E6*0.15+F6*0.25+G6*0.25 In 2007, I have noticed that changing any number in one of the cells given above (A through G 6) will not automatically change the sum in the last cell (in this instance, G7, where I have this code/formula). I have gone into the Excel options (Forumlas>Calculation Options, and then checked the button that says Workbook Calculation: Automatic, but every time I start Excel again, that option has been changed back to manually. Y...

Error 3356
Hi. I've been getting help with a DB. I have Access 2007. The person helping has an older version (2003 I believe - when I open it, it says it's in the 2002-203 format). I tried to convert it to 2007 and I got the error telling me that "you attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user "Admin" on machine "LISA-PC". Try again when the database is available." 1 - This error only happens when I try to convert to 2007 or save as 2007 version. I tried to save it to another name as a 2002-2003 version and that worked. 2 -...

Converting DB from Access 2000 to 2003
I am an IT guy and I am having some issues with a user. The issues that I am having is that I just installed 2003 in his machine. When he goes to open a converted DB from 2000 to 2003 he gets an error message saying "This Database is in an unrecognized format. The Database may have been created in a later version of Microsft Office Access than the one you are using. Upgrade your version of Microsft Office Access to the current one, then upen this database." The issue is that he is on the current version. He is the person that converted it from 2000 to 2003. Any help w...

Convert PDF to PPT?
Ok, I am not sure whether to post the question here but I have some Adobe PDF files and wanna convert them to PPT slides for presentations and editing. I have just tried copy and paste using Acrobat reader, but it is helpless when I want to preserve all the elements, especially the graphics and layouts. If possible, plz do me a favor. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Just try "ANYBIZSOFT PDF TO PPT" I use it and i found it very usefull "raneeq via OfficeKB.com" <u52082@uwe> a �crit dans le message de news: a7aef79858910@uwe... > Ok, I ...

Convert PST 2003 to PST 2000/02
Hi group, Is there anyway to convert this files without installing Office 2003, them exporting to.. ? "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:uqudN7gkFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > Is there anyway to convert this files without installing Office 2003, > them exporting to.. ? > No. ...

How to convert binary file to ASCII file
How to convert binary file to ASCII file? Thanks in advance! "prinz" <de6666@lycos.com> wrote in message news:40222AF5.B3B6EFFB@lycos.com... > How to convert binary file to ASCII file? > > Thanks in advance! > well, an ascii file is a binary file... just the bits happen to be easily displayable as letters, number, and other symbols. you will have to find out what the meaning of each bit in the binary file is, how the bits are grouped into bytes, and how the bytes are grouped into higher order things. then read the file with the appropriate file access method a...

Match+sum formula
Is there a formula that will let me choose how many cells that will match cells and also sum them using a variable. For instance if I want it to calculate from a certain month out 6 or 12 months and sum the totals. Hi Todd, See SUMIF Worksheet Formula in your Excel Help. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Todd Nelson" <ToddNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C3F47E-5B23-48B...

Help with combination formula
Hi Guys: I'm trying to combine a couple of different functions in one formula and can't seem to get it to work. First I want a formula that adds a series of cells, but I also want the cell to blank out if the sum is zero AND I want it to blank out if there's any type of error (such as div/0 or value/#). Here's what I have that's working so far: =IF(SUM(C3+D3+E3+F3)<=0,"",SUM(C3+D3+E3+F3)) and this is giving me the true sum. I also want to do the same with the following: =B3-G3 =I3/K3 So, I need two things...how do I add the part to handle errors in ...

Formula to find number after 4th dollar sign in a string
Hi, I have a string of data e.g.,...$0.00 $44.53 $0.00 $32.53. I would like to write a formula to find and display the number to the right of (or associated) with the 4th dollar sign. i.e., in this case 32.53. I know the find formula will find a charachter - but what if there are more than one of the same characters in the string e.g., like the dollar sign in the string above. Thanks Steve. Assuming the value you want is *always* the last group of numbers preceded by a space character: =--TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",100)),100)) -- Biff Microsoft Exc...

Convert from File Maker Pro 5.5
I have some Filemaker Pro 5.5 files which I would like to read in Access XP Anyone know how to do it? many thanks Rod You'll have to export the data into text files, and then import the data into ACCESS. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Rod" <RodRodRodRod@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23aq9A%23S4EHA.3572@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I have some Filemaker Pro 5.5 files which I would like to read in Access XP > > Anyone know how to do it? > > many thanks > > Rod > > > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:19:29 -0000, "Rod"...

Formula Help #53
I am trying to compare data in spreadsheet 1 to spreadsheet 3 and return the value in spreadsheet 3, what is the easiest way to do this? I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but a vlookup formula might work. That formula allows you to compare data in one spreadsheet to another and to enter into the cell the value from another cell. For instance, If I had phone numbers in one spreadsheet and in another spreadsheet I had names and phones numbers (in 2 colunms) I could use the vlookup formula in my first spreadsheet in order to pull the names from my second into the first...

converting money99 to 2003
when money 2003 tries to convert my money 99 file i get an error message "money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version".Any ideas as to how to get around this? Jim, Please see http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q115 -Gary "jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d1b01c4728e$914c5d80$a501280a@phx.gbl... when money 2003 tries to convert my money 99 file i get an error message "money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version".Any ideas as to how to get around this? ...