Shortcut key for the Auto Sum, Max, Min, etc. window

I am trying to find the shortcut key(s) that lets me
change the setting/functionality of the Auto Sum, Max,
Min, etc. window in MS Excel.

The window I am referring to is located in the bottom
right hand corner of Excel, i.e. two places to the left of
the NUM (displayed when Num Lock is on) window.

Thank you for your help.
0
jklauzner (1)

James,
I think you may be referring to the AutoCalculate feature
which appears on the status bar when you have selected
cells with values in them. By default it gives the sum of
the cell values, but you can right click on the
calculation in the status bar to change it to min, max,
average, count or countnums.

Then the right-click was your answer.  There is no keyboard shortcut
to cycle (not toggle) through the possibilities.    More on the status bar
on my page.
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#statusbar
---
HTH,

"James" <jklauzner@bear.com> wrote in message news:01f601c367ae$54a2c630$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Alison,
> Yes you are right, that is the function I am referring to.
> My question is whether anyone knows the keyboard shortcut
> keys for changing/toggling this cell b/w the various
> options.
> Thanks.

0
dmcritchie (2586)

slow copying & pasting with keyboard shortcuts #2
I am using Excel 97 (Windows NT). Copying and pasting cells using the keyboard shortcuts takes quite long to complete (~ a few seconds). In fact, using any of the keyboard shortcuts takes a long time, however,if I do the same thing by right clicking the mouse, it responds immediately. This problem disappears if I remove all my add-ins. Anyone got any ideas? ...

Auto Update?
Hi, When I started up my mac this morning, I received a messaage that an Office update was available (1.1 If I remember correctly.. it was early). This is the first time since my original install that I received an update like this. Anyway, I installed the update, but am now trying to find information on the update itself. I can't seem to find anyting about it on MacTopia. I'm a little nervous. Can a virus be passed on to my mac through a "legitimate" looking update? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Kerry "Kerry D." <anonymous@discussions....

How do I auto format data so that the middle letter changes. EG 2.
I am trying to set up an exel spread sheet so that I can change the data by dragging down instead of re-typing each one, so for example I want accross the top to be: 21A01 21A02 21A03 etc which I can just drag and it will automatically change the number digit but I am trying to change the down collum to read 21A01 21B01 21C01 etc etc If your data starts in row 1, you could use a formula like: ="21"&char(row()+64)&"01" (it'll be good for about 26 cells <vbg>.) =char(65) is the A character. So if you're starting on row 32, yo...

F-15 key
I am a newbie, Since there are only F1 to F12 key on the keyboard, what keys do you press for F-13, F-14 etc? THANKS. What do you expect Outlook to do with those keys? There is nothing exclusive about a function that is assigned to any function key. There are usually other ways to do the same via either CTRL, ALT, SHIFT combination with other keys or directly via the interface with a mouse. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ R...

Hlookup and Sum
Is it possible to combine a hlookup function with a sum function i.e. to look up a name in a table and return the sum of the first n cells beneath it. Dave, Sample testA testB testA testA testB 1 2 1 2 2 400 300 350 450 500 If I wanted to sum all of the values with testA in row 1 =SUMPRODUCT((A1:E1="testA")*(A3:E3)) returns 1200 If I wanted to sum all with testA in row 1 and 1 in row 2 =SUMPRODUCT((A1:E1="testA")*(A2:E2=1)*(A3:E3)) returns 750 logic returns True or False (1 or 0) for logical statements and numbers for ranges for example (A1:E1="testA") retu...

After switching from Outlook to Windows LIve, Mail is blocked.
I have a pop email account through my internet provider Charter.net. After upgrading to windows 7, I switched from outlook express to Windows Live. Since then, I've noticed a dramatic reduction in the email I receive. Not just spam either. Recently i've noticed that billing warnings from Chase and Discover are not coming in, which has caused some issues. Somehow certain mail is being filtered, and i've looked at the security options and can't seem to find the issue. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks Do you have any antivirus or...

Email Attachments getting converted to Windows format in Outlook
When I open my IMAP mailbox using outlook it deletes and re-inserts any emails that have image attachments. The new email on the server is converted to a winmail.dat attachment format. This causes problems when I try to read the same file using my PDA since it can not read the winmail.dat format. How do I make outlook stop "auto" converting my attachments to winmail.dat. I have outlook configured to send email with plain text to prevent this problem when I send email I was shocked to learn that outlook was converting my email when I access the mailbox. Any help would be appreci...

Windows Mail
Within the past 48 hours I am unable to receive certain emails - specifically those with attachments or sent as part of a group. Contacted my isp provider - they claim it is not their issue. Error message received is : SMTP; 554 Transaction failed. Please provide any suggestions Thanks. -- southernice "southernice" <southernice@discussions.microsoft.com> 写入消息 news:5818A4C8-1C8E-46B9-B838-97464D356114@microsoft.com... > Within the past 48 hours I am unable to receive certain emails - > specifically > those with attachments or sent as part of...

Edit box should support languages like japanese,chineese etc
Hi wht im trying to ask is.. 1. In my application, all the labels r in english only. 2.If i change the content of one text box in japanese or chineese language , [Text box value is the title for another dialog] 4.After i changed the content, i want the title to be displayed in japanese or chineese language. Note: I want only that text box to be changed ,,not the entire application.. so How can i able to support multibyte characters in MFC controls CEdit --text boxes.. Plz reply They do. You have to be in a Unicode app, and you have to have selected a Unicode font that has Chin...

Windows Delayed Write Failed message
Every time I open Microsoft Outlook I get the following message: Windows - Delayed Write Failed – unable to save all the data to C:/Documents and Setting/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook/Outlook.pst. The Data has been lost. This error may be caused by your computer hardware or your server is not available. I am able to use Outlook express fine, just prefer to use Outlook. Any ideas?? Thanks Tom Sounds like a hard drive failure or a failure about to happen that's centered around your Outlook data file (PST file) "tjmc22" <tjmc22@discussions...

Auto selecting alternate rows
Hi, Does anyone have a method for doing the following ? - Using Excel I import external data from a text document. The import works great but the way the text document is formatted causes Excel to place the data on every second row of the sheet. I can manually delete all the empty rows but at 500 lines or so its a lot of work. Can Excel be made to select every second row ( say rows 1,3,5,7,... ) so that I can then just use the delete command ? thanks, Colin Select any column (The whole column, or just the range you are interested in) and do Edit / Go To Special / Blanks -- Regards ...

Auto compact not working in access 2002
I have just come across a rather odd error message: Over a network I have an Access 2002 front end (xx.mdb) and an Access 97 backend. if I have the front end Auto compact on close, I get this message when I quit the application: Could not use "c:\xx\xx.mdb"; file already in use Sometimes when I double click on the xx.mdb file - I also get an error that the file may be corrupt but then it starts fineanyway after I click OK. Thanks in advance The implication is that someone else is using the front-end when you're exiting it. You shouldn't be sharing front-ends. Each use...

Outlook 2003
Under the shortcuts view in the Nav. pane, how can I add shortcuts to objects from outside Outlook (like documents, web sites etc I see there is a shortcut to the Office Update web site in there by default so it must be possible. I just can't find where to do it and help doesn't help thanks drag and drop. For documents, drag from windows explorer - websites, from existing shortcuts (Favorites) or from the address bar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outloo...

Dragging Email Messages In Windows Folders
Hi, Some time back I used to manage my emails in windows folders by selecting them all, dragging them from outlook (inbox) to a windows folder. I had emails with similiar subjects. So the Email files (in message format) were created by outlook like filename = subject of message + autogenerated number (in case of multiple messages with same subject) Now after this new installation. When i repeat the same procedure... Windows gives error "This folder already contains a file named "subject of message" Would you like to replace the existing file with another one? So the list of ...

Auto Loan shows as credit
Help, I've set up an online update for Chase. My account includes a credit card and an auto loan. The credit card balance appears fine, but the auto loan shows as a credit (don't I wish). How can I make the balance reflect the unfortunate reality that I owe _them_. Thanks I have the same issue. I have a personal loan that set itself up in money as a credit card. Anyone know how to change the account type? "jbeucus" wrote: > Help, > > I've set up an online update for Chase. My account includes a credit card > and an auto loan. The credit card bala...

Can you change the name for your columns from A, B, C, ETC to oth.
Can you change the names of the columns in a spreadsheet to something other than A, B, C, D, etc.? 1 2 3 4 or put labels on the 1st row -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Alyce Newell" <Alyce Newell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B809C7D9-ECE4-43DC-A5D1-1A90C1C6DAC3@microsoft.com... > Can you change the names of the columns in a spreadsheet to something other > than A, B, C, D, etc.? > > No. But you can add titles in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to keep those titles in view. Select B2 to keep row 1 and ...

MS Office 2003 wants a product key after installed for 3 years???
I have MS Office for Students and Teachers 2003. The first computer it was installed on was stolen however I re-installed it to my newer one and it has been fine for the past 3 years when I installed it to the newer PC. In Jan 2010. Word and Powerpoint won't open, the windows installer comes up and then it asks for my Product Key, which I have but it won't recognize. However Excel still opens and runs fine. Why would only some components of this package function?? And why is it asking for my product key now? I thought this software was a one-shot deal, meaning you b...

Sum Product Problem
I want to do a sumproduct calculation, but it won't work because one of the columns of data has formulas in it as well as blank rows. I took the formulas out and just used the data and it worked, but with the formulas in there I get an error message. Is there any way do this? If you need more info, let me know. Thanks. What is the SumProduct formula you tried and what is intended to calculate? JDT wrote: > I want to do a sumproduct calculation, but it won't work because one > of the columns of data has formulas in it as well as blank rows. > > I took the formulas ou...

URL/link problems, isv.config, window.dialogArguments
Hi, I created a new webSite (and virtual directory) in the same server of CRM (3.0) but another port (I can´t keep CRM and my webSite in the same port). I changed the isv.config and add a button with a URL that link to page in my webSite: <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="CORPORE --> CRM" Url="http://myServerNname:85/Corpore.NET/CRMMSIntegraAlunoCorporeCRMMSProcessando.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams="dialogHeight: 400px; dialogWidth: 600px; dialogTop: px; dialogLeft: px; edge:...

sum of values between two given dates
good morning here is my problem In column A I have some dates, and in column B corresponding quantities (km ran by a marathon man) what I need is to compue the sum of km in a given month. In other words, the SUM(BXX:BYY) function should have, within it a pointer. for example, say for september 2008, it should find the first date of september 2008 (say cell A15), and give to teh sum function the value 15 instead of the XX above. Then look for the latest available date in september, say A21, and give the sum function the value 21 instead of YY. I know/suspect that it has to be done through addre...

F9 Key #2
I am using Publisher 2003 on Windows XP. Recently the F9 key no longer works for zooming in. I'm wondering if I inadvertently changed a setting. Can you suggest how to get this zoom feature back? Thanks! ...

Difference between Mac and Windows version

Label template for ZEBRA LP 2824 RMS windows driver
does anyone have a label template for the ZEBRA LP 2824 with 2.25X1.25 labels/ tags ? I would preffer to use it with the label designer Thanks Robert Hi Robert - what we've done in the past is open one of the avery tags with label designer and start tweaking it to your liking - then save it as "Robert Tag" or some unique name; this will retain the ability view your design; you'll need to play though with the sizing of the different objects until they print well with your zebra; once you set the paper size in the printer properties (in both the general and advanced ta...

Query Question
Please see the sql code below. What I am after is Sum of [RiskCount]. But due to the join, I get double counting and consequently wrong SUM. Is this an inherent limitaion of Sql? Can be it solved without breaking up the sql into two parts? Thanks for reading this post. CREATE TABLE #Location ( LocationID INT, RiskCount INT) CREATE TABLE #Coverage ( LocationID INT, Peril VARCHAR(10), Coverage VARCHAR(10), TSI Numeric(25,6)) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (1,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (2,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (3,1) INSERT...

want 2 place a drop down window in word table
Want to add a drop down window into a word table. Can not find any useful tool on Office to perform this task. What will this "window" do? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "G" <G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7250C4AC-29AE-4B08-9425-8F8D03CB1BAE@microsoft.com... > Want to add a drop down window into a word table. Can not find any useful > tool on Office to perform this task. > ...