shorcut to formular bar

When I highlighted a cell, i want to quick jump to the formular bar an
I don't know if there is any shorcut so that I don't have to use t
mouse to click on it.
Another problem I have is  when highlight a cell, what is the shortcu
or best way to hightlight all the words in that cell. Thank y'al

--
m_joh
m_john's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=32

If you F2 on the cell, the formula appears in the cell and you can edit
there. Is that good enough?

No ideas for second part I am afraid.

--

HTH

RP

"m_john" <m_john.1udil0@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message

> When I highlighted a cell, i want to quick jump to the formular bar and
> I don't know if there is any shorcut so that I don't have to use to
> mouse to click on it.
> Another problem I have is  when highlight a cell, what is the shortcut
> or best way to hightlight all the words in that cell. Thank y'all
>

> --
> m_john
> m_john's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=322
> View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=754660
> Visit - http://www.officehelp.in |
http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php |
http://www.officehelp.in/index/index.php

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/26/2005 1:51:47 PM
Regarding the second part of your question, double click the cell with your
mouse, then click at the far left of the cell contents, then hold down shift
and press "end" (next to the delete key).  The will highlight all of the
contents.

Or, you can just double click a cell (or hit F2), then hold down the left
mouse button and drag to highlight the contents.

"m_john" wrote:

> When I highlighted a cell, i want to quick jump to the formular bar and
> I don't know if there is any shorcut so that I don't have to use to
> mouse to click on it.
> Another problem I have is  when highlight a cell, what is the shortcut
> or best way to hightlight all the words in that cell. Thank y'all
>

> --
> m_john
> m_john's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=322
> View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=754660
> Visit - http://www.officehelp.in | http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php | http://www.officehelp.in/index/index.php

0
JR1 (208)

Conditional formatting in a bar chart
I have a horizontal bar chart for weekly sales figures i.e. this years sales minus last years sales . I am using Excel 2007. I have positive and negative sales figures. Everything works fine but I would like to chart negative sales as red and positive sales as green on the same chart? I am new to Excel and I am not comfortable using VBA code, if that helps. Thanks Hi, No need for vba. Just use 2 series and some formula. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Charles Eaves wrote: > I have a horizontal bar chart for weekly sales figures i.e. this ye...

why does my navigation bar display not show when published to web
I have published a web site using Publisher 2003. When I originaly published everything worked fine, but now for some reason the navbar does not show up on the web site. Is there something I might be doing wrong? The way I understand it, you have to ungroup everything and then publish. Ask on the dedicated Web Design newsgroup here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Andrew" <Andrew@discussi...

Return the "name box" to the tool bar.
The "name box" disappeared from the tool bar. The name box is ususally on the left end of the format tool bar. It allows the user to view the underlining formulas etc. as opposed to the data or answer displayed in the cell. One way: Tools/Customize. In the Toolbars pane, select Formatting toolbar (e.g., "Formatting" highlighted, not just the checkbox checked). Click Reset. In article <8E82A125-6086-4686-8E53-9F96823C083E@microsoft.com>, ^mike^ <^mike^@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The "name box" disappeared from the tool bar. Th...

Ability 2 put * over single bar in graph 2 indicate stat sig
To indicated statistical significance in academic publishing we often place a character (e.g. *) above a single bar in a graph. Currently one uses a text box which moves and isn't the best. Make sure the character can be changed with respect to size and intentisty. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

prevent window resizing and hide title bar
hello: how do I prevent users from resizing a window and hiding the title bar? I've created a simple conversion calculator and I want it to stay at the size it is so unknowing users won't resize it and cause confusion. They can move it anywhere they want, just wnat to keep it in it's little window also, if I can take the title bar off, that be great too! Pablo First, save a copy of your workbook under a different name so's you have a backup in the event something mucks up. Then, with your workbook open....... Right-click on the Excel Icon just left of "File" o...

How to access a network file path \\foo\bar.txt from an .aspx and from a custom IHttpHandler?
How to access a network file path \\foo\bar.txt from an .aspx and from a custom IHttpHandler? How to specify which account that aspx application should use when doing file IO from network paths? When I try to open the file from .aspx the file read throws: Logon failure: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. When I try to open the file from a custom IHttpHandler the file read throws: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. \\foo\bar.txt grants read access to the group "Everyone" and everyone but my aspx application are able to read \\foo\bar.txt How to specif...

display formula bar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I get my formula bar to automatically display when I open excel? I have to select it each time and then it floats instead of being part of the formatting bar. <br><br>Thanks ...

Reinstate scroll bar
The right side scroll bar on my Outlook Express e-mail Inbox window has disappeared. How do I get it back? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows....

Outlook shortcut bar #4
I add items to the shortcut bar and delete others. The next time I open Outlook, those I added are gone and those I deleted are back. ...

Creating step-up bars
Hi, I am looking for help to create a graph in Excel, that behaves like a step-up graph, but with columns instead. So what I need is a graph where the first bar/column marks from zero to, say, 10%. Then the next column have to start AT 10% and show up to, say, 20% and so on. I got something that looks a bit like it, by using the stock (open-high-low-close) chart, but I want the columns to be right NEXT to each other. I hope to hear from someone soon. Kind Regards Schwartz Hi, Sounds like a waterfall chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html http://tushar-mehta.com...

quick key to go to formula bar
Is there a quick key for jumping from a cell to the formula bar? thanks, sb Yes and no, if you go to tools>options>edit and uncheck edit directly in cell, then you can press F2 to get there If you have edit directly in cell checked then you can press f2 to get into the cell but not the formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "steveb" <steveb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8930A72-5761-42C7-8892-C16DC5BB4B05@microsoft.com... > Is there a quick key for jumping from a cell...

How do I show percentage data with the % sign on a bar chart?
First, I am not an Excel wiz. I have percentage data and Excel's formatting allows to show such data with the percentage sign in the cell. I need to automatically create bar charts for these data through a macro and would like to show the data value, e.g., 35%. However, when creating the bar chart using Excel's chart wizard, the data are not interpreted as percent but as 0.35 in the above example and as a result the bar is too short, ie it is 0.35 units long and not 35 on a scale from 0 to 100. Is there a way to show the data value as 35% and have the bar be of the correct len...

widen bars and bar charts
Is there a way to widen the bars in a bar chart in Excel 2002? (Other than increasing the width of the chart itself?) Hi breinerb, You can increase the bar thickness by reducing the gap between bars. Double click the bars to display the format dialog. On the Options tab reduce the value of Gap Width. breinerb (removethis) @cliu.org wrote: > Is there a way to widen the bars in a bar chart in Excel > 2002? (Other than increasing the width of the chart > itself?) -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Date and Time formular
I'm trying to take one date and time away from another but having a problem fathomining it out eg 01.04.2008 10:55:27 - 01.04.2008 9:37:13 The date and time are in the same cell eg 01.04.2008 10:55:27 is in A1 A formula for this would be great if anyone has one to hand Thanks Just subtract =End_Time-Start_Time -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "SS" <Student.2@uk.bosch.com> wrote in message news:g0hgsk$jgc$1@news4.fe.internet.bosch.com... > I'm trying to take one date and time away from another but having a > problem fathomining it out > > eg >...

Problem with menu bar
I have an access database and I created a menu bar.Suddenly, the contents of some parts of this bar desapeared. Only shows an empty grey box.On the other hand, when I try to open the same file in another computer, the bar is still there all complete.I need to send this file to some clients and I don't know how it is going to be on their computer.Can anyone explain me what is happening here?ThanksMaria Joao ...

What happened to the = button in the XL formula bar?
I recently upgraded to Office 2003, I have noticed the = button in the formula bar is missing. Is there anyway to turn it on or add it or make Excel like the older versions? It disappeared a while ago. I think that the closest thing you can do is to add the = icon button to your favorite toolbar (just above the formula bar???). Tools|Customize|Commands tab Insert category About half way down is the = sign icon. drag it to your favorite toolbar. Bryan wrote: > > I recently upgraded to Office 2003, I have noticed the = button in the > formula bar is missing. Is there anyway to ...

Drawing "splitter" bars
Hello, I have a CDialog derived object that contains two child windows. I implement splitter-like functionality (without using CSplitterWnd) and have everything working correctly. Now, I want to add a "track bar" so when the user drags to resize, he sees where the split will end up being. I use code like this: CDC *pDC = GetDC() if(pDC) { CBrush *pBrush = pDC->GetHalftoneBrush(); if(pBrush) pBrush = pDC->SelectObject(pBrush); pDC->PatBlt(rc.left, rc.top, rc.Width(), rc.Height(), PATINVERT); if(pBrush) pDC->SelectObject(pBrush); ReleaseDC(pDC); } ...

Getting "Accounts" on menu bar
My girlfriend has an "Accounts" button on her menu tool bar (not sure which one, advanced, standard???) which allows her to select which account she's sending an e- mail "from". I can't find a way to find that item to put on the menu bar. Please help. This is available in Outlook 2002 and later. What version are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching googl...

cumulative bar chart- (multiple x axes?)
I want to set up a bar chart where adjacent columns are cumulative, i.e. say the first column value is -150, the column immediately to the right of this starts at -150 and extends to its value, eg. if it was -50, it would extend from -150 to -200. And so on for all the other columns. Any help appreciated. Hi PBcorn, >I want to set up a bar chart where adjacent columns are cumulative, i.e. >say > the first column value is -150, the column immediately to the right of > this > starts at -150 and extends to its value, eg. if it was -50, it would > extend > from -150 t...

How can I add a caption for each data point in a bar graph?
When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using excel...if its possible? See the Hover Chart Labels add-in on Tushar Mehta's web site: http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lexy wrote: > When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the > series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using > exce...

Help: Need color bars to not print, but to remain seen on a monito
Our current corporate PPT template has a full color cover page and on each subsequent page has two thick blue bars (one at the top where we place our headline text and one at the bottom with our logo and the page number). When printing in color, how can I get the blue bars to not show up on the print out but to remain on the on-screen version. It is important that the cover page remain full color, we just want to save toner on the subsequent pages. In addition to removing the blue bars, I would need to be able to make sure that the text printed on top of the blue bars then prints...

How do I specify using lines or bars on graphs w/ 2nd value axis?
I am building a chart using a secondary axis with both the data displayed in both bars and lines. Everytime I add a new field Excel decides if it will be displayed as a bar or a line. How do I control that decision myself. I understand how to align data to a secondary axis, but not how to control the bar vs line option. Create your chart using all lines or all bars. Select one to change, and use Chart Type on the Chart menu to change it. Select the next to change and use the F4 function key shortcut for Repeat Last Action. Etc. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier ...

Newbie
Hmmm... This is a challenge to put into words, but here goes. I have to make a simple bar graph showing sales results from our ten clients. All I want for each client is a bar with what we budgeted their sales would be for the year, and...one bar next to that one that actually shows two values - sales year-to-date and then ON TOP of that sales expected by year end. So, for example...if client "Alpha" has a sales budget of $100,000 we'd see a bar showing $100K, and if their sales year-to-date is $80,000 and we expect $30,000 more in sales the bar next to the "budget&...

tab bar and scratch pad
I'm a new user trying to work my way through the Step by Step Guide. It uses two terms "tab bar" and "scratch pad" on page 20, instruction 6 and 16 that I can't figure out. Can someone please tell me what these terms are refering to. I tried the obvious, but with no luck. Unable to locate definitions or clearification in Help, Glossary, Index, MS Support, Internet searches. I've had to give up on this book a referance. Hi, I can't answer this but you need to tell us which Step by Step book you are talking about, there are hundreds, and probably dozen...

label or textbox as breadcrumb style address bar
I'd like to display a path in a label or textbox like a ' breadcrumb style address bar' (Vista / Win 7 explorer : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/Windows_Explorer_Address_Bar_%28Breadcrumb_Style%29.png ) .. It 's only for visual purposes and not for functional (not clickable). Example: C:\My Documents\My Pictures\1234.rar > myImage.png So it's not fully corresponding with the 'breadcrumb style address bar', because not all directory separators are replaced with a ' >' . The '>' character can't be used. It ...