Sheet names used in formulas

I have a question about using sheet names in a formula.  I would like the
sheet name to go up by one page for each row I put the formula in...(ie)
13A reads (="S40'!$W$5)...  I need to have row 14 read (='S41'!$W$5)

There are many many worksheets...260 in all that need this on them.  Each
worksheet is about 300 rows long.  How can I do this without having to change
the sheet name by hand???

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Hi!

Here's one way:

=INDIRECT("S"&ROW(A40)&"!$W$5")

Which evaluates to:

=S40!$W$5

As you drag copy down:

=S40!$W$5
=S41!$W$5
=S42!$W$5
=S43!$W$5
etc..

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3172)
2/24/2005 8:17:38 PM
frustrated

In A13 enter this and drag/copy down

=INDIRECT("S" & (ROW()+27) & "!W5")

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:51:04 -0800, frustratedwthis
<frustratedwthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a question about using sheet names in a formula.  I would like the
>sheet name to go up by one page for each row I put the formula in...(ie)
>13A reads (="S40'!$W$5)...  I need to have row 14 read (='S41'!$W$5)
>
>There are many many worksheets...260 in all that need this on them.  Each
>worksheet is about 300 rows long.  How can I do this without having to change
>the sheet name by hand???
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

0
Gord
2/24/2005 11:24:20 PM
Isn't it easier to use

ROW(40:40)

instead of

ROW()+27

?

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

> frustrated
>
> In A13 enter this and drag/copy down
>
> =INDIRECT("S" & (ROW()+27) & "!W5")
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:51:04 -0800, frustratedwthis
> <frustratedwthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a question about using sheet names in a formula.  I would like the
> >sheet name to go up by one page for each row I put the formula in...(ie)
> >13A reads (="S40'!$W$5)...  I need to have row 14 read (='S41'!$W$5)
> >
> >There are many many worksheets...260 in all that need this on them.  Each
> >worksheet is about 300 rows long.  How can I do this without having to
change
> >the sheet name by hand???
> >
> >Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

0
terre081 (3244)
2/24/2005 11:33:41 PM
Yes

But I not so smart like you so use calculator first to figure out how many to
add<g>

Now, if it was GAA or GF/A I wouldn't need a calculator(at least this year)

Gord

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:33:41 -0700, "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote:

>Isn't it easier to use
>
>ROW(40:40)
>
>instead of
>
>ROW()+27
>
>?

0
Gord
2/25/2005 1:23:58 AM
He guys,

I used =INDIRECT("S"&$B14&"!$F$6")

Thanks so much for your help!!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Yes
>
> But I not so smart like you so use calculator first to figure out how many to
> add<g>
>
> Now, if it was GAA or GF/A I wouldn't need a calculator(at least this year)
>
> Gord
>
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:33:41 -0700, "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote:
>
> >Isn't it easier to use
> >
> >ROW(40:40)
> >
> >instead of
> >
> >ROW()+27
> >
> >?

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

Renaming Partial File Names

Referencing cells across sheets

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Need to add to current formula

Using INDIRECT within functions

How to use count for calls per hour

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

formula auditing/macro
Can anyone give me the sytax to goto - special - precedents so I can create a macro so I can assign to a hotkey and dont have to go through 4 steps ? Thanks, Yosef With A1=1 and D2=2*A1, and D1 as active cell: I recorded a macro for these steps: Edit|GoTo->Special->Precedence And the macro contained just one line: Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA544BDE-3717-4953-A5E3-06191BC28373@microsoft.com... > Can anyone...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

If a worksheet name is = to test then a msgbox appears
I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. For example, if the name of a sheet in a workbook is equal to test then display msgbox saying sheet already exists. Thanks Vick dim ws as worksheet set ws = nothing on error resume next set ws = worksheets("test") on error goto 0 if ws is nothing then msgbox "doesn't exist" else msgbox "already exists" end if Vick wrote: > > I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. > > For example, if the name of a sheet in a w...