sheet 1 in my spreadsheet is green. What have I done?

Only the first sheet of my spreadsheet file (4pages) has gone green. I'm not
sure what I have done and tried the formatting and the fill options and can't
seem to find what the problem is. The cell lines are visible through the
colour, but I have not made changes to the background either...does anyone
know what could be the problem???
0
debbie4402 (120)

IPEDS
There is a federal regulation that requires us to be able to capture more than 1 ethnicity per person. Is that possible in GP 9? Does GP10 handle this better? Are there any GP 9 sites doing this now? We are on GP 9, sp4. I looked in Great Plains. On the Employee Additional Information screen, there is a place for ethnic origin. There are also 2 User Defined Fields. At first, I wondered if we could use the old entry place (that we have been using) plus one (or both) of the UDF’s to comply with the regulation of being able to enter 2 or more ethnic origins. After looking at the ...

Merging sheets -- name range conflicts
Due to some nasty schedule constraints, there are two of us working on an Excel workbook. Separate copies, not shared via a network. John works on sheets A, B, and C which have plenty of internal named ranges and internal references, but refer to outside sheets in only a couple of cells. Some VBA code attached to the sheets. Doesn't touch sheets D, E & F in his copy. Let's call his version J Mike works on sheets D, E, and F. again lots of internal references, refers to a handful of cells in sheet A (via named ranges). VBA code attached to the sheets. Doesn't touch sheets ...

Excel Budget Spreadsheet and Help Window is blinking
I am using Excel 2007. I have a this problem only with a specific Excel file. Everything blinks about every 2 seconds. It is really annoying. I got the file from the Internet but have saved it locally as both an xls and xlsx formats with the same problem presenting in both versions. I have tried turning off the automatic calculate function but Excel still blinks. Even the Excel Help window blinks. Any thoughts? Post the URL that leads to the site from which you downloaded the Template. We can have a look at it. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 07:23:01...

CRM problem #1
I am testing the basic CRM configuration for a client. I have installed the VPC version on a Windows XP machine and also the 90 day version. on a Small Business Server. VPC version is here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en and 90 day if Client and Server here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en Since I failed to complete the CRM configuration wizard and when I went back to the Wizard, I got an error message that the CRM wizard could b...

I need to increase a number which is held in a cell by 1
How do i increase a cell which has a number in it, eg, cell a8 has 4 i want to run a If statment that looks at another cell and if true i want cell a8 to increse to 5 You need VBA. The code is simple in itself (Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value + 1), but what will trigger the addition to happen. -- HTH ------- Bob Phillips "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:106609F3-2295-4FDC-8ED2-CA9E29D2FA3B@microsoft.com... > How do i increase a cell which has a number in it, eg, cell a8 has 4 > i want to run a If sta...

Link collumn A from the first sheet to all sheets i a Workbook
Hi, I am making a project plan and would like to have all information from the first one or two collumns on every sheet in this work book. When I delete or insert a row on in the first sheet the other sheets should be updated in the same way. And when I Insert something in a cell in column A and B (On the first sheet) it should also appear on the other sheets. Is that possible without to much programing? Best regards // Per If you are using Excel 2003, you can go to: File / Page Set Up / Sheet and indicate the rows and/or columns you want repeated on each page. Is that what you are ta...

How do I get a month name out of a numerical format? (5/1/2003 = May)
Say in one cell (B26) I have the data: 5/31/2004 In another cell on a different file I have the formula: =YEAR([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26) That returns 2004 since in that cell on that linked sheet the dat 5/31/2004 is posted, so 2004 is returned. Say I want to return the month name. If I do =MONTH([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26) I get back 5. How would I make it return May instead of 5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try, For the name of the month in full, =TEXT([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26,"mmmm") For the abbreviated name of the month, =TEXT...

I need to copy data from sht 1 to sht 2 according to specific crit
I have a data sheet (sheet1) that is updated every couple of weeks. The column information is A) stock #; B) Description; C) Weight; D) Price; E) Entered Date. My data sheet contains information that now contains multiple enter dates( 200+ rows of information). I need to copy only the data specific to a selected date and paste it into a template (sheet 2) Sales Sheet. I need to have the data arranged (sorted by stock # and then by price). I'm hoping this can be done via formula but if necessary code will work. I am not very experienced in using code. exaple data (Data Sheet) Stoc...

Two Spread Sheets one Function Needed
I have two spreadsheets Spreadsheet A List in column A - Grant Number Spreadsheet B List in column A - Grant Number column B - EIN Number These two different spreadsheets are a result of downloads from two different systems. I've been ask to specifically use a VLookUp nested function to take the unique identifier in sheet a & b which is is the Grant Number and compare if they are an exact match fill a new column B in Spreadsheet A with the EIN Number. In order to perform a new data set for the system download that does not have an EIN Number. Help!!!!! Pu...

"Could not find a part of the path" Have you seen this bug on asp.net 1.1 and IE 8?
Running my asp.net 1.1 web app on IE 8, when trying to copy a file to a web server folder, I get this error: "Could not find a part of the path" OS: Windows XP SP3, IE 8 When running on IE6 or 7, then there is no problem. Have you seen this before or figured out how to fix it? I saw similar error on a wikipedia bug report: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:AutoWikiBrowser/Bugs Hi George, The link you gave refers to Windows Applications, not Web Forms. It sounds like you are incorrectly trying to retrieve the full client filename at a file upload ...

Help Needed
CRM Beta 1.2 (20030922) Brand new build of Windows 2003, SQL 2000 (SP4) and Exchange 2003. The server is running AD with integrated DNS. I ran setup using the local system account. I will try again using the administrator account but in the meantime........ Sometime during the setup falls over with the following: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create the root business. Unknown error 80042F0D There are also errors in the Application Log - Event ID 34200 - Please make sure the APS is up and running. Ca...

Application to turn a table layout webpage back into a spreadsheet?
For example: I need to turn this: http://www.jangro.net/productgroups.asp?Ca...0&SubCatID=2011 back into a database, or spreadsheet anyway! Any ideas? ("all in one" page of all products has been provided for me). I've tried various suggestions and methods such as copy/paste into word or excel, but the layout doesn't seem to suit that. I have been given a catalogue of products in Excel, but the layout is such that unless I can find a way of using some kind of logic, function or macro I'm stuck, but that question is so different I'm going to put it into a new p...

I am only able to print the first 1/2 in. of my page????
I get a printer failed to print message when this happens. What is the error? Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site and looked around for an upgraded driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A16B6145-BCEE-4E86-90B5-665BE91C9BB0@microsoft.com... >I get a printer failed to print message when this happens. ...

Re: How can I put a tick/check mark in an Excel spreadsheet?
anothr way is in excel change the font temporaily to <marlett> and type in any cell ,a> do you get the tick. R.VENKATARAMAN <vram26@vsnl$$$.net> wrote in message news:... > one way is start accessories system tools character map > in characte map change the font to <symbol> and the tick mark is in the > sixthrow. > you can select and copy to the excel cell. > > > > > > Amanda <Amanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:7442FAC6-DDD6-4B7C-8CFC-CE1FF0D7462A@microsoft.com... > > I would like to put a tick symbol i...

CDaoRecordSet and Property Sheets
I have a list view which pops up a propery sheet and passes the address of a recordset to a pointer to a recordset of the same type on one of the property pages. that is all fine. in the property page, i add to the recordset, edit it and delete from it. The problem is when I return from the property page my program crashes. i am pretty sure that it has something to do with the fact that I am passing an address of a recordset to a point on the page. Is there a better way to do this? I can't populate the page from the page because this same page is used by several different parts of the...

Protecting data on a sheet
I would like to setup my spreadsheet so that a user cannot change the data after 1 week. What would be a good way to block users from changing their own data after 1 week or longer??? I figure, I can processed Workbook_Open() and test how old the workbook is. From this point, is it simply good enough to password protect the sheet??? I am not completely confident that the "Sheet Protect" mechanism is completely secure, I mean, can't a skillful user open up the VBA editor and write code to change data on the protected sheet??? Hi! To prevent people from c...

Spreadsheet like checkbook register
I'd like to create a simple s/s to add deposits and deduct sums as a checkbbok register and keep a running balance..say in differant columns. Help with that. Thanks. Try this: A B C D E 1 Check# Description Withdrawal Deposit Balance 2 N/A Opening Balance $0.00 $0.00 $100.00 3 001 Bob's BBQ Pit $10.50 $0.00 =E2-C3+D3 Copy the formula in E3 down for as many rows as you need. "Bobby B" wrote: > I'd like to c...

How do I create a sound alert in excel spreadsheet
How do I create a sound alert, to use ,for when a cell value changes to a given value. ie: I am importing realtime data and want a sound to notify when when a certain value is detected Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim i As Long On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target Beep End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the a...

Done. Done. Done.
Will never use Excel or any other Microsoft Software, Product, Service again as long as I live. I recommend Pencil & Paper, "the good old days" !!! "msnyc07" <msnyc07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:619AC47E-4F4D-4EFB-8B35-CCC793670C76@microsoft.com... > Will never use Excel or any other Microsoft Software, Product, Service again > as long as I live. Good luck with that. Better luck getting any of the other junk to do basically anything at all if the formulas in Excel are doing you in. -- -John http://www.jmbundy.blogs...

MFC 7.1 Dll missing error!(Help needed)
When i launch my application on a different machine then the developent environnement it says it can not find MFC 7.1 DLL. How can in the IDE choose to statically link this file to my *.exe file? Many thanks in advance > When i launch my application on a different machine then the developent > environnement it says > it can not find MFC 7.1 DLL. > > How can in the IDE choose to statically link this file to my *.exe file? > > > Many thanks in advance How about: Configuration Properties | General | Use of MFC = Use MFC in a Static Library Janusz "Janusz...

Summary sheet for a list of sheets
Hi all, I have a workbook with multiple sheets that have similar datasets on them. I'm trying to create a summary sheet that adds up the value of the cells across the sheets and lists them on one sheet. I have created a list of all the sheets I want to include (and have created a dynamic range to represent the list). I'm having trouble trying to write a formula that would take care of this by using the my list of sheets and summing all the values that have the same ID numbers. I'm not sure if this makes any sense. If you need more information or would like to take a look at the f...

Excel Sheet default setting.
I have problem in Excel settings. I tried something in excel setting and its saved. Now problem is whenver open blank excel sheet it open with different setting. Can you please tell me how to open the excel sheet in MS Excel default settings. regards vishu Hi Vishu, do you mean tools, options If you don't have a personal.xls file perhaps it would be a good idea to create one so that it will be the first workbook that is opened. If you do have one, then unhide it, cloase the other workbooks, change your options, save your personal.xls file, and hide it again. Window, unhi...

protected sheet
somehow i am not able to use the "protect worksheet", "protect workbook", or "allow users to edit ranges" option under tools>protection...what has happened? Perhaps the workbook is "shared" which can make these unavailable. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:11:02 -0800, "91syncro" <91syncro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >somehow i am not able to use the "protect worksheet", "protect workbook", or >"allow users to edit ranges" option under tools>protection...what has >happ...

Dates before 1/1/1900?
We have businesses as our customers and part of the data we need is the date they were organized. We have a field for this, but if the business was organized before 1/1/1900 it won't allow us to input the date. Is there a way to change the minimum date allowed in CRM 4.0? no, you can't. Microsoft considers that date the beginning of time, and you can't go beyond it. a workaround would be to use a text field and add some javascript editing on the form to make sure people enter the dates in the proper format. Dave Ireland "adna" <adna@discussions.microsoft.co...

data form
Is there a way, with a data form, to allow the user to only input one record. For instance, I have a macro that opens the data form, uses "SendKeys" statment to start a new record. It then relies on the user to press Enter at the end of the record and then the close button to exit from the data form. Is there a way for it to close after they've entered the last field? TIA Steve You can't program the built-in data form, but you could build your own, or try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm Steve Simons wrote: > Is...