Sharing Violation 04-30-10

I have a strange problem that started happening a month or two ago.
Periodically my Vista and Win7 users are getting a sharing violation in
Excel 2003 when attempting to save the file they have been working on. The
file cannot be saved when this happens, but Excel creates a copy of the file
that is named (seemingly randomly) something like "10D8D000" that can be
saved to another filename.  Essentially the original file must be deleted
and the new file renamed back to what the original file  was named.  This is
obviously very irritating (we use Excel alot), so I was wanting to get this
sorted ASAP.  After researching this quite a bit a few weeks ago, I thought
I had found the answer.  I found that quite a few people were reporting this
problem, and the main culprit seemed to be real-time scanning of various
anti-virus programs.  I also found references to Windows Desktop Search and
Windows Defender as being possible sources of this problem.  Since these
workstations have no real-time anti-virus, I knew that that wasn't it, so I
disabled the real-time scanning of Windows Defender on these machines. After
doing this, the problem seemed to go away, so I thought I had found the
answer.  The only problem is, I still have one Win7 machine that is still
producing these errors (even with Windows Defender real-time scanning
disabled).  Could the Windows Search built into Win7 be causing this?  If
so, does anyone have an idea about what to do about it?

The strange thing is that I have had Vista machines on this SBS2008 network
now for almost a year now and this problem never happen before a couple of
months ago.  This is an accounting firm that uses Excel constantly, so it
seems weird that all of a sudden these errors started popping up.  This
problem has shown up on at least 5 different workstations (maybe more) and
one common denominator between them all is SBS 2008.  Could an update of
some sort be the root of all this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-Kevin

P.S.  I posted this problem over on microsoft.connect.windows.server.sbs08
last week and microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs yesterday and have yet to
have any responses, so I thought I would try here. Thanks.

0
Kevin

Font color in the cells 03-19-10
Hi, How about the way to change the color within VBA? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Many Thanks & Best Regards, HuaMin Chen Range("A1:A10").Font.Colorindex = 3 Refer the below for help on Colorindex http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm -- Jacob "HuaMin" wrote: > Hi, > How about the way to change the color within VBA? > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Many Thanks & Best Regards, HuaMin Chen Thanks Jacob. I put that b...

Powerpoint 2003 05-04-10
Ever since migrating from XP to Vista, the powerpoint dialog box "Do you want to save changes" defaults to the "NO" button. How can I make the default the "Yes" button? thanks. ...

Loosing email addresses 04-09-10
Every time i am loosing my email addresses in lifemail Windows 7, can any one help me please The same thing is happening to me -I just keep losing the same contacts I make over and over -and I have searched for answers and cannot find any. "Sidewinder" wrote: > Every time i am loosing my email addresses in lifemail Windows 7, can any > one help me please > > . > If contacts continue to disappear, it might be appropriate to update the Contact.msi file(only deployed if Windows Live Essentials was installed after the last required WLMsgr upgrade...

Sales for Outlook 10-18-05
I have uninstalled the Sales for Outlook, because I found an error when I’m going Offline. But after reinstalled the SFO, I found the following error “An error occurred while installing Micrososft CRM folders”. Someone can help on this? Thanks If you have access to Partnersource, you will want to search for the KB article on uninstalling the SFO client and make sure you hit all the steps. Then you will want to make sure you have either the latest hotfix rollup for CRM which allows the SFO to be installed by user accounts that are not local admins, or add the user to the local machin...

Sample Data 04-07-06
To All: I would like to install the sample data, but am a little unclear as to the ramifications. I currently have a fresh install of CRM 3.0. I have only run the configuration wizard, which makes some minor changes to the existing database with information about our company. The Implementation Guide shows how to install and then uninstall the sample database. I notice that CRM creates the following databases in SQL Server: MyCompany_METABASE MyCompany_MSCRM What should I do so that I might install the sample database and then be able to unistall without having any major issues. Will t...

CRM and Sharepoint 11-04-04
Is there any integration between CRM and Windows Sharepoint Services or Sharepoint Portal Server? Dear Daniele, You can use webparts to load crm pages in sharepoint. you will have to direct the webparts directly to the correct page. for instance, directing it to 'http://servername/sfa/home_conts.aspx' will show the list of all contacts in sharepoint. Other standard integration is not available. With kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Daniele Romagnoli" wrote: > Is there any integration between CRM and Windows Sharepoint Services or > Sharepoint ...

Vlookup 05-11-10
I am using excel 2000 I am trying to use two columns to make the end result have a number in it I am not sure how to word it but I need S2 and R2 to reference the vlookup chart and give me the number that corresponds with it =vlookup(S2,R2,$H$1:$M$4,3,false) -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com perhaps: =VLOOKUP(S2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE) & VLOOKUP(R2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE) or: =VALUE(VLOOKUP(S2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE) & VLOOKUP(R2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE)) ? On second thoughts, perhaps: =VALUE(VLOOKUP(S2 & R2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE) ? Cerealkiller v...

can't send email 07-20-10
I keep gettin the same error for every message I send. Please help. See below. The connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Wrong port number, wrong SSL setting. For the correct settings see: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "amber" wrote in message news:4BB6D6A6-0214-4B05-914B-7BDC5D54B622@microso...

Pivot Table 05-12-10
I want to format a pivot table in such that each of the blank cells in a column can be formatted to be blank instead of the words (blank) in the cell. On May 12, 11:19=A0am, dwake <dw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to format a pivot table in such that each of the blank cells in a > column can be formatted to be blank instead of the words (blank) in the c= ell. Instead of blank, what about invisible? Use a conditional formatting that changes values that equal (blank) to a white font, the values will no longer appear in the worksheet, unless highlighted ...

Mapping Question 02-04-05
I have added a new memo field to the quotedetail schema (display name productdescriptiondetail) and added the new field to the quote products form. I would like the standard product description memo field (schema display name description) within the products form to populate this new field whenever an existing product is added to the quote. I added a map under quote\quotedetail that is source attribute (description) to destination attribute (productdescriptiondetail). I published the schema and did an IISRESET. When I add an existing product that has data within the description memo field,...

Workflow rules 01-23-04
Hi, I am trying to create a workflow rule in contracts. I have a dropdown list on the main level (as opposed to line item level). How do a create a workflow rule for creating a task, if a certain value is selected from the dropdown menu, and the contract is saved&closed (=modified) BR, Pete Tricky, but possible. 1) Create a manual workflow rule that (a) Has a WAITFOR condition that is looking for the value in that picklist to be that certain value. When that if condition is met, create actions that (b) creates the task, (c) CHANGES the value in the dropdown menu (you have to a...

Pivot tables 03-18-10
Is it possible to hide items in a Pivot Table if their count is below a threshold of 5? I am using excel 2007. I'm trying to shorten a pivot table number of items based on the count of those items. Count of 5 (see above) is just a guess, it could end up a different number. Thanks Steve ...

Reports 10-11-07
I have a form that has a field called "Item" among other fields. The form is derived from a query. The Item field is composed of a 4 digit number followed by a description. I also have a report based on the form's query. The report has a parameter requesting what "Item" number do I want the report to select. I would like to be able to only type in the Item number and not the full description to run the report. How can this be accomplished? Thanks -- Delore On Oct 11, 5:57 pm, Delore <myoffice.com> wrote: > I have a form that has a field called "It...

How to revoke rights/sharing using Scribe
Hello, I am wondering if somebody knows how should I revoke or remove a sharing to a customer using Scribe? Please let me know. thanks. ...

M'04
Hi there In M2000 you used to be able to pick certain family members to be excluded from the budget. This was a nifty feature - is there a way to do it in M 2004? thanks Billy. ...

Permissions on Shared Folders
I;ve win2k3 domain and 3 file servers having numerous folders on which rights are in place..My only challenge is we have changed the login id for some users and we have to aggign rights manually on all folder.Can this be automated in the terms where we can assign rights thru a script. Also can a list be fetched from the server where i can get folders on which a particular user has rights... Rajnish <Rajnish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I;ve win2k3 domain and 3 file servers having numerous folders on > which rights are in place..My only challenge is we have ...

Excel+Word 10.1.5 toolbar icons: no Entourage-like interp?
In Entourage X, if I point the mouse at an icon in a toolbar and pause, a few words appear that interpret what the tool is or does. But if I try to do the same in Excel 10.1.5 or Word 10.1.5, I see nothing. Is there something one can see while working in either Word or Excel, that makes clear what the default toolbar icons do? Or is there a chart that one can print showing the default toolbar icons with one or couple-word interpretations? In article <BBEE3443.E6E5%nnager@NoXSpXam.fullerton.edu>, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@NoXSpXam.fullerton.edu> wrote: > ...

10.5.4 & Office 2008 not loading
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel After upgrading to 10.5.4 on a MacBook Core 2 Duo a customer of mine can no longer open any office app with the latest Office 12.1.1 update (autoupdate can not find any more updates). She gets an error asking me to report, which she has, but still can't open office. Help .... Anyone else with the same issue. The last 2 lines in the error report are to do with other languages... "cheesedoff@officeformac.com" wrote: > After upgrading to 10.5.4 on a MacBook Core 2 Duo a customer of mine can no > longer...

Shared Template on a Network Location
Hi all! I've created some templates in a folder on the network shared drive, which I would like other users to create workbooks out of it and not touch the original templates. In order to do so, I thought of inserting these templates into the General Template inside the New... dialog box. I've put the directory under Tools -> Options -> General -> At startup, open files in. Then, I restarted Excel and by clicking New..., the templates are displayed inside the dialog box. However, clicking on any of these templates somehow does not generate any actions at all. I&#...

SHARED DISTRIBUTION LIST DOESN'T WORK
Hi, I'm sharing contacts with another user on my exchange server. I can send out e-mails to individual contacts without a problem, however, when I try to send out an e-mail using his distribution lists, it brings up a box that says "No suggestions found." When I click on the distro list, I can see all the contacts/e-mails--some which are on the exchange server, some which are outside e-mails. Additionally, if I try to create a new distro list and type in new e-mail addresses, it still won't send, still giving the "No suggestions found" message. Basically, my di...

Cannot access MS-CRM 04-26-05
Hi All, Since yesterday, I am getting the following error. CRM has been working fine up until last Friday. When you go to the browser, it says Error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. All the event log shows is the following... please, does anyone have any ideas? MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: An operations error occurred. Error Message: An operations error occurred. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by...

PDK 10.00.27
Can PDK with one user in the company show the Proxy Timesheet and Proxy Expense options? We are adding a new company to our GP & PDK system. Just one user for now. My payroll person set him up as a Delegate under "Timesheet Settings". She wants to know why she cannot see the proxy options under "Transactions". ...

Access 2007 01-31-10
Can someone please provide the name of the Bright Spark that developed Access 2007. Simple processes that took seconds to perform in 2000 now take hours to find, if they are possible, eg putting sub forms on main forms and connecting the two. Not only that but now I have the added complication that I am running Microsoft Virus ( or should that be Vista) it appears the help files required to keep me sane are not installed. Does anyone know how I can get my money back because I'm going back to XP and 2000, so much for Microsoft's concept of progress. -- Pilotgarry ...

BP Requisition Management on GP 10 VPC
Hi, I am newbie to Business Portal and have just downloaded and installed the VPC demo environment for Dynamics GP 10. I have everything up and running fine, but my question is simply about the Requisition page in BP (version 3.0). When I navigate to the Requisition page and attempt to create a new Req by selecting the Vendor in the drop down, I have no vendors available. When I check my vendor list, there are existing vendors. Am I missing a security or set up option? I thought since this was a pre-configured demo it would be set up with this. Any suggestions. All I am getting fr...

Adding rows in shared files
I'm working with a shared file that used to allow users to add rows when required. For some reason, the last 2 weeks, it has been kicking out people when they try to add rows to the shared file. Is there some setting that I need to change so we can still add rows when in shared mode? ...