Shared Workbooks #2

I have 1 book being shared by 2 users.  The book has
approx 30 worksheets.  The sheets have a min of 10 rows to
a max of 11,000 rows and 26 columns of data.

User 1 and user 2 open the workbook and work on different
sheets of the book at the same time.

User 1 changes the format of cells, saves the changes and
exits Excel.

User 2 has the file open, continues to work on the
worksheet,

user 1 reopens the book, makes changes, saves, and exits.
When user

2 saves and exits the book and user 1 reopens the book,
the formatting is lost.

The file is also 24+mb, does this have a factor in this
issue?

Please help.
0
anonymous (74722)

excel viewer #2
Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time and simply: it's not good. I think not everybody buys Excel and Office so there should be always fresh viewers (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc) best regards, on "on" <on@vnet.hu> wrote in message news:O1DNPQveEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? > Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time > and simply: it's not good. > I think not everybody buys ...

Splitting Y-Axis into 2 for a line chart
Hi, I have a bunch of data series that I want to chart using a line graph with $ on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. The trouble is that about half of them have relatively low y-values (between 0 and $100) whilst the rest have high values ($600-$1000). My question is: Does anyone know of any way to manipulate the y axis so that it ues a scale of, say, $20 for the 0-$100 section, and then "jump" to $600 (with zig-zag or something on the y-axis to tell the user that the graph is non-continuous) and continue the chart there? Otherwise the scale just becomes too large or too s...

Some shared calendars do not reflect updates
Strange problem in Outlooks 2007 with Exchange 2007 hosted by Intermedia.net. We have a collection of resource accounts (meeting rooms) with shared calendars that we do bookings against. Some of these calendars refuse to update from cache unless we force an update with Shift+F9. Everything works fine if we turn off Cached Exchage Mode, of course, but operation becomes painfully slow. Deleting and rebuilding the .ost file does not help. Anyone else experiencing this? ...

I Need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100
Merry Christmas, I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100. Anybody know a way to do this? put 100 in a cell, copy it, select row 2 and 3, do edit>paste special and check divide Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brent E" wrote: > Merry Christmas, > > I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100. Anybody know a way to do > this? Put "=1/3" in a cell and then select it, copy, then select rows 2 and 3 and click edit | paste special | multiply. "Brent E" wrote: > Merry Christmas, > > I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 b...

1 Mailbox
Here is the situation: Main Office in Country A (Exchange 2003) Remote Office in Country B (Exchange 2003) I have several users that travel between country A and country B. We have an exchange server in both offices. The complaint is that when the users get to Remote Office in Country B because their profile points to Main Office in Country A, their outlook session runs slowly. We have temporarily put in a measure that when they travel from Country A to Country B that they are instructed to log into a seperate profile that points them to the exchange local to where they are. When travel a...

prevent blank cell #2
How do I prevent users of my workbook from making a cell blank? I want them to be able to edit it so have left it unprotected but I donot want them to be able to leave it blank. It looks as if the Data Validation command should do it, but I can't get it to work. Your repeat post appears as a reply to the thread in my browser. As a result, I almost didn't read your post on the assumption that your question had already been answered. I suspect many others did ignore your post for the same reason. Assuming that you know how to set up the validation condition (uncheck "I...

[ANN] Share one account with multiple users and/or computers
PROBLEM: * You are in a situation where two or more people check the same account but have problems knowing who has acted on the message(s) or see a flagged message for your attention. This is further complicated by platform and email application (e.g. Outlook, Entourage and Apple mail). * You are the only user but access your account from multiple computers. Continue reading for the solution along with info on IMAP and POP accounts as well as IMAP providers: Share one account with multiple users and/or computers (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/share...

CRM 1.2 exam for customers
Is certification available for customers or is this only available for partners. I've read many of these postings in regards to the exam and many people mentioned getting the study material straight from Microsft rather than take the courses...how would a customer go about getting the study material? Thanks Yes, starting July 1, 2004, customers will be able to take a Microsoft Business Solutions exam at Pearson VUE or Prometric testing centers. "Jen Selmeyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb2901c4390d$f3ef7090$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Cash Flow Doesn't Display #2
Folks - Any ideas on how to get Cash Flow to start displaying? (Money 2007 Deluxe) I've followed the KB Q312814 article doing one run of manual deleting each Bill -- didn't work and then the mass Bills delete under repair -- didn't work either. Even though the Bill summary is empty, Cash Flow screen doesn't come up. I have run through the Standard Repair. (Don't have/use Budget or Debt Reduction) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- Dale. ...

how create project with mfc #2
thank you for reply, i'm on way learn , i have book on visual c++, but it is too diff j# an c++ in win api ... and mfc thank you very much, i take your recommend... Regards, Vis_line - ViS_Line ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

XML Serialization problem ( ver.2)
Hi folks! I have some XML Serialization problem. I searched Internet and found some good info but still can't resolve the problem. I have next situation: I have solution contains 2 projects: Proj1 and Proj2. Each project compiled to dll. In Proj1 contains Class1 And Proj2 contains Class2. Now, Class2 has reference to Class1. I want to XML serialize Class2. In order to do that I added attr: [XmlInclude(typeof(Class1))] before Class2 definition. It's compiled but when it's running it throws exception something like that: "File or assembly name Proj1, or one of its dependenc...

2 WITH statements
Doing this in SQL 2005. How do you connect 2 WITH statements. I'm trying to use (;) or (,) and neither is working. What am I doig wrong. I'm just tyring to get the second WITH table to show up. Thanks from a newbie ******************************************************************* WITH MtdCount(TraderID, MTD) AS (SELECT Commission.TraderID, COUNT(Trades.Broker) AS MTD FROM Trades RIGHT OUTER JOIN Commission ON Trades.Broker = Commission.TraderID WHERE (Trades.TradeDate >= DATEADD(mm, DATEDIFF(mm, 0, @TradeDate), 0)) AND (Trades.TradeDate <= @TradeDa...

Recipient Policy not working #2
I recently moved our Exchange server to a new server by restoring the information stores from backups. Everything seems to be working fine, but now when I add a new user/mailbox I have to manually enter an SMTP address for them. The recipient policy isn't propogating out to new users like it did before. Any ideas? Hi Andrew Could you check the Recipient Update Service via Exchange System Manager and ensure it is pointing to a valid Exchange server and Domain Controller. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

CRM usage reports #2
What would be the best way to generate CRM usage reports, like - which users/business units make heavier use of the CRM - what are the crm's "most visited" areas - what are the peek hours or seasonality patterns in usage, etc. These reports could be used to help make decisions about hardware upgrades in advance and things like that Should these reports be based on IIS logs, SQL Server ones, or something entirely different? I think the CRM IIS log would be the best for your analysis needs. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 2, 5:34=A0pm, v...

break links crashes Excel 2002 #2
It appears that it may just be one workbook file. I tried it wit another file and it did not crash. We primarily use one Excel workboo as a template. Copies of this file are probably 95% of all the Exce files we use so it is a big problem for us. Assuming that it is just this one important file, any ideas how to fi this workbook so that we can break the links with the toolbar command -- ED ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EDS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=879 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

CRM4 Rollup 2 lookup icons are gone
Hi, We have just upgraded our CRM3 to 4 and applied Rollup 1 and Rollup 2 immediately after the upgrade. Now it seems to have a few funny things happening. 1) in a lookupfield, type one letter and press tab. If there is more than one hit the letter became red, and you can click on it to get a list of matches. Before each match there should be an icon. It seems that the icons cant be displayed now. It's only showing a little icon with a red cross. Any idea? Normally it shows relevant entity icon. What kind of lookup field is it? Is this a problem across all the lookup fields? &q...

Hide all Sheets #2
Ron thanks a lot it did the trick. Visit your page great stuff in there! -- Fable ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2185 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314989 ...

summary values across worksheets within the same workbook
I have a single workbook consisting of 53 sheets (one per week in the fiscal year). I have a summary sheet that I need to extract data from the same cell in every sheet, updated automatically when any sheet is updated. eg, Each of the 53 worksheets within the workbook has a total (car mileage) in cell C34, which I need to summarise as a total in a cell on the summary worksheet, on the basis of cell C34 on Sheet1+Sheet2+Sheet3... +Sheet53. What function do I need in the required cell on the Summary sheet, please, to meet my needs? I can't seem able to do what I want (I...

Error 0x800ccc79 #2
I have an Exchange 2k installation and my clients are using Outlook 2000 & 2002. Whenever they try sending a message using Outlook, they get error 0x800ccc79 Unable to raly for ..., but this doesn't happen if they send the same message (from the same computer). Thanks, Alex See http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 for a discussion of this and solutions. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Alexandru Nedelcu" <alexandru.nedelcu@ccr.ro> wro...

Portfolio Review #2
I have a line in my portfolio review (MM2004) that show me my portfolio performance YTD and last 12 months. Up until recently it used to show the DOW, NASDAQ, and S & P performance underneath. Does anyone know what I might have done to remove this? and how to get it back? Thanks, DJ ...

Jet Reports #2
Anybody want to comment on this tool? Anybody happy enough with a RAD report development tool to give testimony? ...

I need a formula to calculate 2-3 columns but skip a column if it has a zero
I'm building a Golf League spreadsheet and we want to calculate handicaps starting with the second week (calculates 2 weeks) and then after the 3rd week calculates every 3 weeks. Columns B-S are the individual weeks scores for each golfer (golfers listed by row 4-33), each column (b-s) has a formula which pulls the golfers score from the input worksheet(weekly input) to this worksheet(scorecard). Starting with Column V we are trying to have the running handicap for the year which changes each week. Column W is the first week handicap =AVERAGE(B4-36)*0.8 (this ones easy) Column X is the se...

Merge 2 tables with conditions
Hi! I have 2 tables: Table Users: ID Name Password Birth Table Status: ID Status Both tables are related by "ID" field, but both tables have not the same number of elements I want to obtain a new table with this structure: Table Result: ID Name Password Birth Status As I said before both tables have not the same number of elements (rows) so in my result table, "Status" field should be empty for those "ID"'s not found in "Status" table. Example: Users: 1 2 3 ...

Counting Dates #2
What's the easiest way to count the unique number of days in a list of dates: 1/23/09 1/23/09 1/23/09 1/24/09 1/25/09 1/26/09 1/26/09 1/26/09 1/26/09 Answer should be 4. JimS wrote: > What's the easiest way to count the unique number of days in a list of > dates: > > 1/23/09 > 1/23/09 > 1/23/09 > 1/24/09 > 1/25/09 > 1/26/09 > 1/26/09 > 1/26/09 > 1/26/09 > > Answer should be 4. If your dates are in A1:A9 the result is =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(A1:A9,A1:A9)>0,1)) Very slick, thanks. On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 20:53:08 -0500, smartin <smartin108@g...

GAL update #2
Instead of waiting until the following morning for the Group Contacts list to update where in system manger can you go and do an immediate update of your global address list? I suppose you meant Offline Address List (if you use Outlook 2003 with cache mode)... ESM/REcipients/Offline Address List/Default OAL -> right click Rebuild -- Regards, Sasa Milovanovic MCSE:Messaging sasa.milovanovic(at)exchangemaster.net "rmwatrich" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23AYcTuFHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Instead of waiting until the following morning ...