Shared Workbook #11

I have created a shared workbook - when I allow others to use it - it does
not keep my setting of Automatically update every 5 minutes it goes back to
15 minutes.  How can I keep it at 5 minutes no matter who opens the workbook?
0
Erika (21)

Time calculations for Scheduled vs Actual Employee Time and Wages 11-28-09
I am THRYING and TRYING to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) ...

formula help #11
Hi! there, I have a time sheet format for employees and I just don't know how to create the formula for overtime. I only want to input finished time in column C. I don't have much experience in formula function. The timesheet example is below and please help me to solve. Thanks. A B C D E 1 30-01-04 08:00 18:00 1:00 2 31-01-04 08:00 12:00 3 01-02-04 08:00 14:00 5:00 4 07-02-04 08:00 17:00 8:00 5 08-02-04 08:00 12:00 4:00 Column (A) is Date (B) is started time (C) is finished time (D) is over...

Sharing and Solver
I have just discovered there is an issue if a Worksheet/Workbook is shared and you want to utilize Solver. It appears it can't be done. Is there some way around it? We have a large number of sheets going out to our managers and I am planning on teaching them how to use the What If tools like Scenarios and Solver ....and we also send them out shared to make merging their changes a breeze. Please help! Dave French "David French" wrote: > I have just discovered there is an issue if a Worksheet/Workbook is shared > and you want to utilize Solver. > It appears i...

Shared 2007 Workbook, 3MB, 15 users, locks up after 2-3 hours of u
I) Scenario: A 3Mb Excel 2007 workbook with a single tab sheet is shared between 10 to 15 users who make changes to unprotected cells only and save regularly after every change is made. Each user makes about 100 to 200 saved changed over an 8 hour shift and a time span of 2-3 weeks. Networked PCs have 2GB RAM with users accessing 3 to 5 other programs besides Excel (Outlook, Acrobat, LPS, Company Intranet site, Internet sites,...) II) Issue/symptoms: a. everything works smoothly for 1 hour or 2, then some users start to get the message that the sheet is locked and they need t...

Adding the contents of cells from other workbooks
Dear All I am trying to develop a tour sheet which has values in given cells. I have created a master tour sheet in another workbook so that when you input numbers on the original worksheet they transfer overto the master workbook. I want to be able to transfer data to the master workbook from multiple, separate worksheets/books (other people will have copies of the worksheet and fil it in.) This is where i am struggling is how can i get the data to add when other sheets are filed in as at the moment it just replaces the original data in the master copy instead of adding to it. Hope i have e...

WIndows Live Mail 11-27-09
Where's the send-receive button? It's the Sync button now. Place the mouse pointer over it and you will see the description. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "wes" <wes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D685B9CF-8658-4B72-995D-CBBCFAEAA554@microsoft.com... > Where's the send-receive button? Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!644.entry -- ...winston msft mvp mail "wes" <wes@di...

reference data of other workbook
When I write a formula, I reference data of other sheets using sheetname!rowcolumn. How could I reference data in other workbook. Is it workbookname!sheetname!rowcolumn or something like this? My appreciation for your answer. bingy@sina.com Hi With other workbook opened: =[OtherWorkbook.xls]SheetName!A1 With other workbook closed: ='C:\My Documents\[OtherWorkbook.xls]SheetName'!A1 or ='\\ComputerName\SharedFolder\SubFolder1\...\[OtherWorkbook.xls]SheetName'!A 1 When you create a link with opened source workbook, and then close source workbook, the reference is adjusted ...

Removing Corrupt styles in an excel workbook
Hello, How can I remove corrupt styles from an Excel 2000 workbook ? I've tried deleteing through the menus - but that doesn't work, and I've tried through VBA, but that fails with an error for the styles that are corrupt. (Delete method of style class failed) e.g. for i=1 to activeworkbook.styles.count:debug.print activeworkbook.styles.item(i).name:activeworkbook.styles.item(i).delete:next i Inspecting the names of the styles that are failing to delete displays a couple of non-printable characters show as squares, or Yen symbols. Any idea how to obliterate these styles ...

Multiple Commas 02-11-10
Some people decided to play a cruel joke and pulled two commas into a name field and i need to split the name into a first and last name column. Normally i could do this but the second comma is throwing me off. It looks like this: last name,first name, Ive tried doing a replace on the last comma but its not working. Does anyone know any tricks on how to either get rid of that second comma or split the field into two seperate columns as it is? Thanks for any help. dim aName() as string dim strName as string dim strLastName as string dim strFirstName as string ' just ...

Share database over home network?
I have a home network with both machines running Win XP and MS Money 2006. I keep track of things on one computer, but now, with the computers networked properly together through a router, I would like to share the database that resides on one machine for the user of another machine to view and edit if need be. Is this possible and if so, then how? How can I keep it secure in the event that a hacker gets into one or more machines (have never had that issue, but best safe than sorry)? Any other suggestions and whatnot with this kind of setup? I plan on keeping a tally on about 5 accounts...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

i share my copmuter. how can i setup seperate new user account
hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter with another users Maybe asking in a newsgroup dedicated to Outlook would be better. sofia wrote: > > hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter > with another users -- Dave Peterson Connect to an Outlook newsgroup through.............. http://aumha.org/nntp.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 05:39:01 -0700, sofia <sofia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter >with anoth...

Search within workbook
Hi all, I am newbie with excel. Situation follows. I have a workbook with two sheets, each sheet has around 6000 rows(part number) and 6 columns (various prices for coresponding par number). This is a price list imported from Access. 1. I need to protect workbook(read only) for distribution and provid search option for entire workbook. (i.e. search for part number and result should be entire ro highlighted for that part) With ctrl-f default option is search "within a sheet" and I nee "within a workbook"as a default. 2. Should (and how) I create third sheet for search op...

Finding Macros In Workbooks
Is there a wasy to find all Excel workbooks in a folder that have a macro in them. If so, how? Thanks, John ...

Headers on a Shared Workbook
We have a shared workbook on a network which is being accessed by two users. The workbook is not saved on either of the two computers who are accessing it. All of the changes that are being made in the workbook are being saved correctly so that each of the users sees the same changes. However, when one user changed and saved the header (file, page setup, header/footer tab) it did not show up on the other users computer. The header that was used prior to the save showed up. When both users open the file at the same time, they see different headers. How can one Excel file have two differe...

Can I edit headers/footers for an entire workbook?
Currently I am selecting each page in the workbook and editing each one -- there must be a faster way! Of course there is! :) Select each sheet (tab) while holding the Ctrl key. Once you have your array of worksheets selected, goto File | Page Setup | Headers and Footers ... you know how to do it. From there, after you Ok out of that, just right-click any selected sheet and click Ungroup Sheets. HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as to benefit others. "On Line All The Time&q...

Totals 07-11-07
I have a report that is grouped by type and it counts the number of entries for each type. I need to be able to total the numbers that come back. How do I do this? I believe you can do that in code or the control source of a text box: = Entries1+Entries2+Entries3 etc... "SarahJ" <SarahJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3D79045-FDCD-45BA-9F0B-3CA38A4D8F2A@microsoft.com... >I have a report that is grouped by type and it counts the number of entries > for each type. I need to be able to total the numbers that come back. > How > do I do this? ...

"Program is trying to access email addresses" message Outlook 11
I have an created an excel application which e-mails predetermined recipients using the "CreateObject("Outlook.Application")". Outlook generates a warning stating "Program is trying to access email addresses" for /every/ recipient (even though the email addresses are stipulated in the excel application). It also generates a message stating that "a program is trying to send email on your behalf". Can I turn these security features off in Outlook? They kind of kill my automation. Damien See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options w...

Select Previously Selected worksheet (and/or select previously selected workbook)
Is anyone aware of VBA code that would allow me to auto-select the previously active worksheet (within a particular workbook....or within another open workbook)? In essence, I am trying to build a routine that will allow me to automatically do a vlookup between two data lists in two sheets with a single step, rather than go through the process of specifying the particular columns Thanks for any suggestions. ...

Help with Formula #11
I have a workbook(1)that has links to 2 other workbooks (these 2 are identical in design) I am trying to build up a year to date variance figure in the 1st workbook and have the following formula: =(('[MPG(SIC) Report 2004.xls]JAN'!$J$3+'[MPG(SIC) Report 2004.xls]FEB'!$J$3)-('[MPG(SIC) Report 2003.xls]JAN'!$J$3+'[MPG(SIC) Report 2003.xls]FEB'!$J$3))/('[MPG(SIC) Report 2003.xls]JAN'!$J$3+'[MPG(SIC) Report 2003.xls]FEB'!$J$3) This gives me the variance for YTD JAN to FEB. I need to extend this formula for each YTD month (eg, JAN to MAR, JAN...

Excel workbooks have blank pages and loses data.
I have a windows 2000 machine with office 2000 pro. The problem occurs with a number of spreedsheets (3) on the PC but basically, when you open the spreedsheet, pages that did have data in suddenly turn up blank. The machine appears to be fine. There are no obvious problems. There are no viruses and the disks do not have any issues. Office 2000 has been removed and reinstalled twice with the cleanup utility used inbetween. I've tired it on it's own and service packed with 1, 2 and 3 and it appear to make no difference what so ever. I've run out of ideas. Has anyone seen this behav...

Opening Workbooks Mininmized
Is there a setting that when I open a workbook it is automatically minimized? I have 15 workbooks that I open all at once and have to minimize each one seperately. Thanks. Hi In the Workbook_Open sub of each workbook put Application.ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized Save and close the file. Now each time it is opened, it will open minimized. HTH Ken ...

Connect to my company's application sharing server missing in RWW
We have a Windows 2003 Terminal Server in a SBS 2003 network and are having a random problem where the "Connect to my company's application sharing server" link will disappear from the RWW. I have not been able to to determine any pattern and it seems to fix itself after a while with no changes being made. This Network has been in place for several years and has only started being an issue over the last few months (as far as I know). I have checked all the registry settings on the TS/SBS boxes and they appear fine. Done anyone have nay suggestions? Thanks ...

How do I pull info from 3 different workbooks
I have 3 workbooks and need to find a way to pull inforamation from all 3 workborks to a 4th. What I would like to do is have a macro to clear all the information from the 4th workbook and pull everything out of the 3 other books. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Hi WatChaLknAt Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "WatChaLknAt" <WatChaLknAt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3920039B-C40D-45B1-870D-823244D98DC6@microsoft.com... >I have 3 workbooks and need to find a way to p...

Error Code 646 11-28-09
I have been trying to update or install security updates for about one month now. I have been unsuccessful due to error code 646. What does this error code mean (646)? See http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/6e716883-7af4-4a9f-8665-2f4dd57eee8d tybaile wrote: > I have been trying to update or install security updates for about one > month > now. I have been unsuccessful due to error code 646. > > What does this error code mean (646)? "tybaile" wrote: > I have been trying to update or install security upda...